that reminds me of being pregnant! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-13-2008, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi ladies-
i know we are all spending our time with new little babies, but i thought i'd take a moment to stop and think about the time that ended so quickly-- pregnancy.

i had a real memory jolt as i was cleaning up some dirty laundry shortly after the baby came, and i held the shirt i was wearing during labor. it had the heavy scent of my belly cream, and the memory was so sharp and visceral, it brought me to tears. i love being a new mom, but a lot of me still misses being pregnant.

does anyone else have particular triggers that bring back strong memories of pregnancy? things, places, experiences-- anything at all, that takes you back vividly to the place where your womb was alive (and kicking!)...

i'd love to hear what else is meaningful for other people.

here are some more of my pregnant reminders:
hiking on my street
putumayo's "acoustic africa" cd
lindt extra dark chocolate truffles
the bbc series "planet earth"
walking on my treadmill
sudoku puzzles

i guess that's it for now- maybe i'll add some more later.

anyone else?
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#2 of 8 Old 02-13-2008, 12:50 PM

My sister is 21 weeks pregnant, so talking to her about her pregnancy really brings it back for me. I loved being pregnant and was happy and comfortable right to the very end. Seems so long ago now though...it goes SO fast.

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#3 of 8 Old 02-13-2008, 01:01 PM

my pregnancies are reasonably comfortable from the beginning of the second trimester until the last couple of weeks. still, after labor, i ditch those memories like an uncomfortable pair of panty hose that have been cutting off my circulation all day long. it's going to take me a long time to look back fondly.

the one incident that jolted a sweet memory happened when i was holding my little guy to my chest and reached down to feel his foot. it was located on my belly, on the outside, almost exactly where he usually kicked me and i felt it through my skin. it felt very much the same with its size, shape and placement.
#4 of 8 Old 02-13-2008, 03:03 PM
g&a

Putting on my winter boots. I remember how hard that was when I had a big belly in the way and how I felt like the stay-puffed marshmallow man when I got all dressed up for the cold. Now it's hard because I usually have a baby in a sling in the way.

It was a strange feeling when I finally hit our due date because it felt like I'd always had baby, and couldn't imagine life without her (she was a month old then).

g.

Canadian mama to A (C/S May 2004) and R (induced VBAC Dec 2007) expecting #3 in July.  Currently obsessing over permaculture, photography and beekeeping.

#5 of 8 Old 02-13-2008, 08:06 PM

I cant seem to stay warm. My little inner heater is on the outside now and its just not the same!
Angela
#6 of 8 Old 02-13-2008, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Every time I look at her, I remember that sense of anticipation, waiting to see who has been in there in my belly this whole time. And now that she's here, I am still waiting with a sense of wonder, curious about who she will become.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#7 of 8 Old 02-13-2008, 09:03 PM

My pregnancy memories are related to smell, too -

- the tea that dh and I drank over Christmas when we were so sick
- my deoderant (that's not as weird as it sounds - it's a lovely lemongrass scent)

I also started checking Mothering magazines out of the library this pregnancy...I finally found some yesterday that I hadn't already read, so that reminds me of pregnancy, too!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#8 of 8 Old 02-14-2008, 01:31 PM

sorry for the hijack but when did u have ur baby??? i was gonna post about u and then my internet went down for a long two weeks and then when i came back to check posts I didnt see a post sayin u had ur baby so i thought u were still hangin in there until i saw this post!!!!!

Well sorry for the belated congrats:::

C O N G R A T S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Momma to GG (dd - 14 yrs old), Active (ds - 10 yrs old), Toon (dd - 8 years old), Olive (ds - 5 years old), Princess (dd - 4 years old) and babyboy.gif Keemo (ds - 24 days old)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page