i miss everyone - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-16-2008, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i miss you guys. i know a number of folks have moved (at least partially) over to the LWAB board, but it's not the same sense of connectedness we shared over here. there are so many more people i don't know... it's YOU guys i miss, your stories i have been following these last 10 months, your babies i have cheered into this world, your parts in my life that have been so much support and encouragement...

for all of the strong sense of community i felt before, this board has been awfully quiet lately. i hope that whether we move onto a new board or try and keep the jan08 thread more active over at LWAB (what page is it buried on, anyway?), something provides the impetus to get us reconnected again. i just really miss you guys.

hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 02-16-2008, 10:00 PM

I feel the same!

Mama to DS (3/7/06)om.gif, DSD  hearts.gif(11/17/02), DD (1/16/08 )energy.gif ,  DS2 (5/30/10) sleepytime.gif and Baby Quinn angel.gif (R.I.P 3/22/13)

#3 of 13 Old 02-16-2008, 10:34 PM

hbak
i keep popping in, hoping to stay connected too. i can't and also don't want to let go...

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

#4 of 13 Old 02-17-2008, 02:40 AM

Me too

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#5 of 13 Old 02-17-2008, 03:35 AM

I feel the same way......

I don't want to lose this special little group. Spending this much time with a group like this has been so wonderful for me, I would be so sad to lose this.......please, please, please stay in tough mamas. I do hope we start some type of group or board or something so we can stay connected!!!!!

I keep thinking of mamafern and others we haven't heard that much from like doulaMT?
#6 of 13 Old 02-17-2008, 05:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ITA with what has been posted here. We were such a tight knit little group and then poof! Once those babies came so many have vanished. I suppose there's a good reason for it (people busy with their babies and other responsibilities) but it also makes me feel a little sad. And yes, some of us are over in LWAB but it is NOT the same as being over here. On LWAB I feel like you're more open to the big wide MDC world, others can more easily stick their noses in your conversations (KWIM?) whereas here it's a bit more private and intimate. Geez, I hope that doesn't sound weird.

HCM - so you've been missing connection with your gal friends here lately? (Me too) How's the postpartum? Do you feel kind of lonely at home? I know I sometimes do, and sometimes BORED. I also miss discussing my inane daily noticings with those who understand. I haven't been posting as much here because so much of it seems to go unanswered, and then one feels rather foolish. Anyway, must run and feed dd2.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#7 of 13 Old 02-17-2008, 06:17 PM

I'm still here and missing everyone!

Emese'smom, you should go ahead and post. I check back here obsessively. I wish we could all just stay here and not get stuffed in the archives.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#8 of 13 Old 02-17-2008, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

:

keep posting! it makes my obsessive "refresh" clicking feel less futile!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#9 of 13 Old 02-17-2008, 07:55 PM

Still here. Not getting much chance to get online. Everything is going really well, just busy. Who imagined I would be busy with 3 kids . Missing everyone too.
#10 of 13 Old 02-17-2008, 09:24 PM

I have been without internet for awhile...except on my phone and i can't figure out how to post on the my phone, but i do get on and read what everyone else is writing. i feel really weird if i don't get on at least to see what is going on. but yes it isn't nearly as busy as it was before. this was such a place of sanctuary for so long and i also don't want to loose it.
#11 of 13 Old 02-18-2008, 01:20 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollysMom View Post
Still here. Not getting much chance to get online. Everything is going really well, just busy. Who imagined I would be busy with 3 kids
Understandable!!!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#12 of 13 Old 02-18-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_y_sol View Post
hbak
i keep popping in, hoping to stay connected too. i can't and also don't want to let go...

I feel the same way ...like it is one way to hold onto my pregnancy...as this is my last child I feel I am going to have a very hard time letting go.

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#13 of 13 Old 02-18-2008, 11:57 AM

it's hard to let go it seems as though it all went by so fast..

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page