Camila's Birth... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-17-2008, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...the condensed version as there is 3 people talking to me and one naknaknaking

Tuesday was my Mom's last day in town, we got up early and left the house at 8:30 to run errands and go shopping. We met DH at the MW at 1 pm. I was 3 cm dilated and 75% effaced, Friday was induce day so I was determined to go in labor before then. She swept my membranes and we made a plan to try other things Thursday if the sweeping didn't help bring it on. I remember being so emotional and weepy, but at the same time I felt very calm and zen and sort of knew it was coming. I went upstairs when we got home and started putting away the laundry and felt light contractions that felt very BHish. I got in bed and focused on not focusing on them- on blankness and the peace of my daughter.

Around 5 pm they got very regular and started hurting. I called DH at work and asked him to come home and stayed in bed. Mom came up and bought me some dinner and timed the contractions- they were exactly 3 min apart and 1 min long. DH came home and I moved to the birth ball. I was so glad to have him there at last, he made me laugh and relaxed me and kicked my poor Mother out of the room. We called Alice, the midwife, she was there about 45 min later. She checked me- we were 8 cm at that point. I took a shower and discovered I had to focus on not focusing, which is just what I had to do while hoping for labor

The mw and her assistant were awesome, they were attentive and super sweet but stayed completely out of my way and quiet except to check on Mila every now and then. I wanted to be alone with DH and wandered down the hall in a towel to the bathroom in DS's room and walked back and forth in there. Then I sat on the potty and just wanted to stare at DH's face; he was encouraging me and reminding me to relax and I told him to just be quiet so that I could stare at his face. He just smiled at me and in that weird labor trip land where everything is so distorted and painful he was so beautiful. I was still on the potty and felt a ton of pressure then a pop and I yelped and realized my water broke.

DH lead me back into our room and Alice checked me, fully dilated. I wanted to stay on the toilet so we moved into our bathroom. I contracted and squeezed DH around his tummy as hard as I could. He nudged open the door and mouthed to the mw that I was getting pushy. She came in and I had a burst of energy and crawled on the bed on my hands and knees and grabbed fistfuls of the sheet and sort of growled and yelped and pushed as hard as I could and felt the ring of fire, I'm pretty sure I yelled out an obscenity and pushed again and felt, after 10.5 months of complete togetherness, her leave my body.

They handed her to me between my legs, it was in 2 seconds but I seems slowmo in my mind, everything in the room melted way. I smiled at DH and flopped back on the pillows and pressed her to my breasts and welcomed her over and over and over. She latched right on and was so beautiful- all white and pink. After her cord quit pulsating DH cut it and I pushed out her placenta. It was very big and healthy and Alice showed us each part of it. After that it dawned on me to check if she was a girl. Mom came up and met her and after Alice left DH brought up the boys who were camping downstairs, they were so sweet and so excited and our family of 5 all went to sleep together- complete.

Thanks again to all of you, you guys have been so amazing and supportive. I can't say it enough!!

Maybe it wasn't so condensed after all

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...0AaNWTFo5cMmOA

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#2 of 9 Old 02-17-2008, 11:16 PM

i so love the pictures with big brothers. It sounds like you had a wonderful birth. I'm glad that everything went so well. She is beautiful. You waited so long to finally see her and hold her in your arms. congratulations mama! thanks for the wonderful story.
#3 of 9 Old 02-18-2008, 03:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Such a lovely way you had of telling your story! Congratulations again. What a beautiful family you have.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#4 of 9 Old 02-18-2008, 01:32 PM

Very beautiful, thanks for sharing your story! I'd been checking the boards every day to see if you'd had your baby yet. Can't believe we're all holding our little ones now.
#5 of 9 Old 02-18-2008, 01:52 PM

she's beautiful!!! what a great birth
#6 of 9 Old 02-18-2008, 02:11 PM

What a great birth! You deserved it, esp. after waiting for so long...
#7 of 9 Old 02-18-2008, 05:10 PM

congratulations!!!
what a beautiful birth you were blessed with !

treehugger.gif river and mountain mama to two amazing dust.gif girls, homebirth.jpg 8.25.05 and h20homebirth.gif 1.13.08, and married to my soulmate of 18 yrs partners.gif

#8 of 9 Old 02-18-2008, 06:15 PM

Beautiful birth & baby girl. The boys look so grown up. Can't wait to see you guys in a few months. Love you
#9 of 9 Old 02-19-2008, 03:43 AM

what an awesome birth! she looks perfect!

Mama to Jet 6/05, Marvel 8/06 and Cash and Fox 2/09
Expecting Ada Marianne 11/14

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page