Mothering Forum banner

on my own...

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  BeanyMama 
#1 ·
dh goes back to work today.

oh, i am so not ready for this...

#2 ·
eek! my dh goes back in 2 wks. I was really lucky that he's been able to take so much time off (dd was born the 30th) but no matter how long it's been, that first day is going to be a little scary!

#7 ·
I am thinking about you HardCoreMom today......you are a "hardcoremom" so you are going to do just fine....you might have a few freakout moments like the rest of us and if you are like me you will bawl your eyes out for awhile but then inner strength comes out of no where and you somehow just do it.

I love this thread because it seems everyone has wonderful DH/Partners like mine...
I love you Adam!

#9 ·
i hear you. dh went back to work after one week
, and works between 10 and 17 hours a day. if it weren't for his one day off a week, and the wonderful fact that he financially supports us, i'd feel like a single mom.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by To-Fu View Post
What's your day been like so far, HCM?
it's been rough, but i'm surviving. baby is in the middle of a spurt, which has meant constant feeding and diaper changes (no exaggeration) every 15 mins. his brothers have been rather impatient with their demands, but really, i guess it could be worse. they're engaging with one another peacefully for the most part, and i've been able to jump in and help reconcile their sharing issues. i wish they wouldn't whine and cry so much when i can't do everything they order me to do, but they can do a lot of it themselves, and a gentle reminder of this seems to help. i'm meeting all of their needs, of course, but when they need to wait a few minutes for me to get a puzzle off of the shelf, well, waiting just has to be ok.

i also have used tv, which i despise. will certainly use it less and less, until it goes away entirely again, i am sure.

i am exhausted and miss my afternoon nap. i also feel like i've snacked more than usual.

anyway, we're all hanging in, and daddy will be home soon, i think...

thanks for thinking of me, everyone!

#15 ·
Kuddos for your dh to think of you guys and bring home dinner!! Yay! He's okay in my book!

You did a wonderful job and you made it! It's so tough that first day. I was having trouble that whole week my Dh went back to work. He works like 10-12 hours a day also and will soon be leaving for the rest of the year. So I will be a single mom in essence during that time. I am SO NOT looking forward to that time!

Don't feel bad for using the TV every now and then. Once you get the hang of things and figure out how to do what you need to do, you will phase it back out again. No worries there. I'm actually going to go cold turkey once DH leaves for his long trip. It's actually going out in the garage before he leaves so we will have no choice. It's too heavy for me!

#16 ·
Yay! You did it! If a little extra tv eases your transition, I'd say it's well worth the hassle of having to break the habit later when you're more on your feet. It's amazing how quickly kiddos forget about tv entirely when the weather is beautiful and they can get outside and play. Thankfully, Spring is right around the corner!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.