on line divorce services- please help - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-23-2011, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My STBX husband and I are filing for divorce. we are 100% friendly and I will be doing all of the "work".

my question is not if we should use lawyers. my question is:

Has anyone used an online service that helps you fill out all of the forms? such as this site... was it easy? do you have a site you recommend?

we are filing in Minnesota if that helps at all...

THANKS so much for the help! i just want to make sure I am using a trusted site.

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
#2 of 11 Old 05-24-2011, 10:38 AM

Since you and STBX are doing this nicely you could go to the courthouse and get the forms to fill out and file.There will be a filing fee.

Should be pretty easy. For online services I would only use one provided through the courts.No sense paying any fees for things you can do on your own unless you find the court forms too confusing.

I am not familiar with the company you provided in your link.You can ask the clerk of courts if their forms are acceptable,and if yes, then decide if it is worth what they charge.

Good to avoid lawyers on this.They charge a heck of a lot,and the lawyers and judge decide your life behind closed doors.A very unpleasant experience.

Best wishes for you both!

#3 of 11 Old 05-24-2011, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! Yeah the reason I am asking is because I find the forms long, confusing and donating. With this site I listed above, you answer a few questions and then it pops everything into the forms. It seems so much easier then trying to ramble through hand done forms.

Thanks for the advice though! I am hoping someone will post a sight they have used or something.

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
#4 of 11 Old 05-24-2011, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

really? no one?

:bump

#5 of 11 Old 05-29-2011, 12:03 PM

I used the one from my state's court system. YOu could probably google "your state" online divorce and it should find it for you.

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#6 of 11 Old 05-29-2011, 12:54 PM

Maybe try http://www.mncourts.gov/selfhelp/?page=1668

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#7 of 11 Old 05-29-2011, 01:06 PM

sorry, i just filled them out myself

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#8 of 11 Old 05-31-2011, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

well, i did one online then went to the courthouse and they didnt want to use it they wanted to one that they provide.  so we had to fill out their forms anyway.

#9 of 11 Old 07-26-2011, 06:42 AM

Honestly, I'd just fill out the forms myself.  If you are having diffculty, you can call your local court and ask if they have resources for pro se parties (pro se means you're representing yourself)--a huge number of family cases are pro se, and often there are clerks or advocates who can help you out, though they can't give you legal advice.  Good luck.

#10 of 11 Old 07-26-2011, 08:15 AM
A&A

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Another option you may not have considered is collaborative divorce:

http://www.collaborativedivorceminnesota.com/

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#11 of 11 Old 07-28-2011, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have 2 friends that have gotten a friendly divorce in MN. They filled out the papers themselves and submitted them to the court. I think it was only $250 or something like that.  The stack of papers is thick so expect to spend some time filling them out.

Tags
Divorce Stop Crying During Divorce , Divorce How To Rebuild Your Life , Divorce Family Structure And The Academic Success Of Children , Therapists Lawyers And Divorcing Spouses Journal Of Divorce , Head Cold Depression Healed Divorce 500 , Mommy And Daddy Are Getting Divorced Helping Children Cope With Divorce , Single Mother Sentiments Real Life Reflections From Divorced Widowed And Never Married Mothers , Every Single Girls Guide To Her Future Husbands Last Divorce

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page