What are you eating? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 06-01-2007, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, three days running I've been at 2pm in the afternoon. I need some different lunch ideas, because I'm obviously getting something seriously wrong- either that, or little serbia doesn't approve of me sitting down and watching Neighbours during naptime What are you eating? Is it tasting good? Staying where it ought to?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#2 of 12 Old 06-01-2007, 03:48 PM

Oh that stinks! I'm sorry you're sick. I have been getting queasy but not near vomiting. Anyway, what I'm eating is mainly less. I seem to get sick if I eat too much or wait too long. I make sure to get some protein and veggie as well as a fruit or other carb. Today for lunch I had half of a turkey sandwhich, a couple slices of cantalope, and a few carrot sticks. Dinner tonight it taco salad so I hope the strong flavors go over okay. I've been sticking with things that are pretty bland and eating several times a day. I hope the vomitting stoppes but I'm glad you're having good symptoms!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#3 of 12 Old 06-01-2007, 03:55 PM

Okay, I didn't answer your questions very well, did I? What I am eating that makes me feel good:deli counter meat (Turkey and chicken), raw veggies (carrots, cauliflower, green pepper), cereal with milk, oatmeal, toast with cinnamon and honey, chicken breast, salads, baked potatoes, crackers and cheese, sunflower seeds

Things I've eaten that don't make me feel so good: fast food (uhg bad idea!), steamed broccoli (I usually love it), chili, garlic bread, too much of anything

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#4 of 12 Old 06-01-2007, 04:44 PM

Bland proteins (almonds, bland cheese, tofu) worked for me with DD#1. Oh, and mango sorbet. And Coke. : Which I NEVER drink.

grateful mother to DD, 1/04, and DS, 2/08

#5 of 12 Old 06-01-2007, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Ooh, that helps.
I'm having a mushroom burger for tea- I had a grilled mushroom when we ate out a few nights ago, and it tasted orgasmic, so I'm having another.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#6 of 12 Old 06-01-2007, 05:13 PM

I have been liking mushrooms a great deal, but not cheese. (A shame, because I LOVE cheese, like Wallace-love for cheese.)
#7 of 12 Old 06-01-2007, 06:38 PM

Well nothing is making me sick as of yet. I love charlies philly cheese steak and today I ate one. Got through about 3/4 of it and got disgustingly sick. But it's the only time I have gotten sick so far so I can't really say if it is because of the pregnancy. It had a lot of grease in it and grease makes me ill pregnant or not.

As for cravings. Let's see, . . . .uh anything edible. I usually eat pretty lite mainly because I like to keep my weight under control but I am anything but in control right now. I have been pretty much sticking to peanut butter cookies (DH makes me a new batch nearly every night) and coconut cream pie.

I think I have to slow down a little because I think 4 weeks is a little too soon to have gained 4 pounds. Can I please blame it on the baby lol.
#8 of 12 Old 06-01-2007, 06:54 PM

I have been craving nachos (finally got em for lunch today) and peanut butter with a chocolate layer rice crispie that I get from a local resteraunt. Otherwise nothing sounds good at all.
#9 of 12 Old 06-01-2007, 08:09 PM

As long as it's meat, it sounds good to me. I went to lunch with my mom and cousin today and they laughed at me because I ordered a tuna sandwich for Cole because I knew he wouldn't finish it and I could eat it along with my sandwich!

I'm doing some serious knocking on wood right now. With Cole, I was really queasy the first trimester. I ended up losing about 7 pounds because I couldn't stand to eat anything. With him, mint tea did wonders for calming my tummy down.

I hope you mommas that are suffering through the all day (morning my bum!) sickness find something that agrees with you!
#10 of 12 Old 06-01-2007, 08:40 PM

I also lost weight my first trimester with DD#1. The midwives yelled at me for ketones in my urine. I am seriously waiting for the other shoe to drop over here.

grateful mother to DD, 1/04, and DS, 2/08

#11 of 12 Old 06-02-2007, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColesMommy View Post
As long as it's meat, it sounds good to me. I went to lunch with my mom and cousin today and they laughed at me because I ordered a tuna sandwich for Cole because I knew he wouldn't finish it and I could eat it along with my sandwich!
I am really big on the meat right now too. It's funny because I was vegetarian before we decided to ttc and now it's crazy meat festival all the time for me. And I only kind of feel bad about it. Baby wants meeeeaaaat! Today I met my husband for lunch at burger king (gross, I know) and I ate a whole whopper by myself. And then for dessert I had a hamburger. I have to try to eat something a little better, like turkey or something. This is weird.

And earlier today I almost threw up when dh mentioned ranch dressing. I feel like a drama queen.
#12 of 12 Old 06-02-2007, 02:55 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, garlic is bad. I made the mistake of putting garlic with my mushroom- never again. It tasted good, though.
The burger thing is a pregnancy classic, Lauren. As long as you don't make them take the salad out, it should be OK in moderation- if you read back through the DDC's , I reckon every month three mothers are craving McD's.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page