Anyone still having twinges? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 06-01-2007, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, are is anyone still having twinges or a pulling feeling? I hate them!! They were gone for 2 days and now they are back. Not all the time just once in a while, it would be relieving to know if this is normal or of others are having the same thing.
#2 of 21 Old 06-01-2007, 05:10 PM

Hi,

I have had some weird twinge feelings... I've been hoping its normal stuff.

I guess thats all I can say about it.. :

I never thought I'd be so worried about being and staying pregnant.
#3 of 21 Old 06-01-2007, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had twinges and crampiness through this week - it appears to have slowed down today. I am so worried about this being a sticky baby that I can't wait for the puking

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#4 of 21 Old 06-01-2007, 06:13 PM

Hi suzywan!

I just got my first BFP today at 10DPO. Of course, I am totally worrying about it not sticking. I am still getting twinges as well. At first I wanted to call them cramps, but they aren't really painful--just annoying and weird.

Sending sticky vibes!

librarian mommy (34) to DD (2/08), expecting a BOY in early spring 2011
#5 of 21 Old 06-01-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzywan View Post
I had twinges and crampiness through this week - it appears to have slowed down today. I am so worried about this being a sticky baby that I can't wait for the puking

Yeah I can't wait to be sick too. I know once it happens I am really going to kick myself for wishing that.

I have been having some twinges still. Not as bad as when I hit 4 weeks but it still bothers me. I don't know what to think. Last time the twinges started like this and by 6 weeks I had a MC. I am really nervous. But they are getting a little better. But I do remember with my 5 year old after taking a test and getting a BFP I would get twinges and think my period was coming and that maybe I wasn't PG. But I really was and I ended up having the biggest sumo baby ever. Nothing was wrong in that pregnancy. I guess since I have had things go wrong I will more than likely be skeptical of every pregnancy untill I get out of the first trimester.

I think it is pretty normal. All you can really do is talk to your doc and if you think there is something wrong then make sure you take it really easy. So early in a pregnancy all a doctor would tell you anyways if something was wrong is to go on bedrest.
#6 of 21 Old 06-01-2007, 06:58 PM

I imagine with subsequent babies there is more twinging and pulling 'cause I remember with baby2 I felt ligaments pulling sooner than with #1 and I am feeling them even more this time around. I personally think it is completely normal and am not worrying about it
#7 of 21 Old 06-01-2007, 07:00 PM

I tested at 10dpo too (yesterday) and have had some cramps that wouldn't have bothered me if I wasn't SO worried about whether this will be a sticky bean or not. The only symptom I have is extremely sore boobs and I'm missing "normal" symptoms that I had with all four previous pregnancies and a fifth that may have been a chemical pg or may have just been my body on over the counter progesterone creme.

I'll feel much better after I get past Monday, when would have been due.

I still haven't told dd but I did IM her that I had something important to tell her and was waiting for the right moment. I had planned on telling her and my online TTC buddies right away, but now I'm wondering if I might wait until Monday since I've kind of covered myself in case she figures it out on her own.
#8 of 21 Old 06-01-2007, 10:06 PM

I am , especially today! I have felt like my period was about to start.
Not bad crampiness, but pulling and mild crampiness.
I even took my last test today.. still says positive.
I am sure I felt like this last pregnancy too.. though I didn't know I was pregnant till later, I thought that I was getting ready to start.
So I am pretty sure it is normal.
#9 of 21 Old 06-02-2007, 03:32 AM

Ahem. Can I remind you multiparas of braxton hicks contractions?????
The uterus continually contracts, pregnant or not. When there's something in it, there's more resistance and you feel it more.
PLUS when you're dehydrated, you feel it much more. Try drinking a couple of big glasses of water and see if that helps.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#10 of 21 Old 06-02-2007, 04:15 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys. It is nice to know that I am not the only one.

You are right Flapjack, it is just that my other pregnancies were soooo long ago and it seems that I have forgotten just about everything: I will try to drink more water, maybe that will help
#11 of 21 Old 06-02-2007, 04:52 AM

Yeah- I had a five year gap and that seemed like a lifetime. (In a way, of course, it is) Also, third babies are traditionally the awkward ones anyhow

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#12 of 21 Old 06-02-2007, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Yeah- I had a five year gap and that seemed like a lifetime. (In a way, of course, it is) Also, third babies are traditionally the awkward ones anyhow

Really? This is technically my 4th pregnancy since I had a very early m/c between ds1 and ds2 but if a sticky baby it will be my 3rd full pregnancy. I have felt ALOT more going on with my uterus this time around, squeezing(can you have bh at 5 weeks?) pulling, round ligament pain. It's kind of funny...
#13 of 21 Old 06-03-2007, 12:09 PM

This is my first time doing this so I don't so much know what to expect. I've been having cramps here and there all along. I was absolutely certain I was going to get AF and warned my DH so that he wouldn't get too disappointed. We were totally shocked when I got my first BFP! But I don't feel like AF is coming anymore, I just get twinges sometimes. And now that I'm getting other pregnancy symptoms, I am getting more and more secure and comfortable with the idea of a sticky baby. The other day I walked by a rack of silk sweaters at the store and the smell of the silk made me gag so hard. And it's silly but it made me really happy. I want !!!
#14 of 21 Old 06-03-2007, 07:33 PM

My cramps have eased off the last two days, cm has ramped up LOL Ahh fun fun I am enjoying taking note this time, as last time I didn't realise I was pregnant until about 7 weeks, and put down all these things to my impending period, jet lag as I'd travelled around the world, hang overs (poor pickled baby ) etc etc ...
#15 of 21 Old 06-03-2007, 09:50 PM

I've not started having twinges and pulling yet, but I'm sure I will. I've got three son's and in all their pregnancies it was twinge-city. All those ligaments etc have to stretch as your uterus and baby grow. It's something that happened all through my successful pregnancies, not every day, but from time to time throughout.

Kiley
#16 of 21 Old 06-04-2007, 07:02 AM

Well it's official...I had my first round ligament pain last night while I was stretching in my sleep, it soo didn't feel good. I'll have to start being careful how I move in bed again Still been having smaller pains on alternating sides that is a bit annoying but reassuring...
#17 of 21 Old 06-04-2007, 08:34 AM

Happy Monday! If that is possible!

I have had tender breasts since 1DPO and they really haven't let up. My twinges started on 9DPO and I tested BFP for the first time on 10DPO. I am now 13DPO and the twinges are still there, and the nausea is started to kick in. Both the twinges and the nausea seem stronger in the evening, especially when I am lying in bed.

Still hoping for a sticky!!

I have no idea why I am so worried. This is my first pregnancy, with no previous M/C. I think I am paranoid.

librarian mommy (34) to DD (2/08), expecting a BOY in early spring 2011
#18 of 21 Old 06-04-2007, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

I am pretty paranoid too. I have no reason to be. I have 2 kids and have had no problems with them.

My twinges are gone. I am kinda glad. Now I just feel super bloated. My breasts are still pretty sore and I am sooooo tired, I could sleep all the time. I feel a little dizzy once in a while. No m/s here. I didn't have it with the other two either. Why oh why am I analyzing everything : Wish that would stop
#19 of 21 Old 06-04-2007, 09:58 AM

My breasts are so big and sore. My poor husband looks at them with hearts in his eyes.... and I snap, "Don't touch them!"
#20 of 21 Old 06-04-2007, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenB View Post
My breasts are so big and sore. My poor husband looks at them with hearts in his eyes.... and I snap, "Don't touch them!"

Mine are a lot bigger too, my dh looks the same way, he isn't allowed to tuch them either!
#21 of 21 Old 06-04-2007, 02:48 PM

I don't know about bigger, but mine hurt so bad I can't stand the thought of sisterly hugs, much less having someone deliberately touch them! Bumpy pavement on my bicycle is no fun, but I think it was worse with dd.

I still get that "phantom let-down" too, even though it seems to be less associated with seeing or thinking about babies and come at unpredictable times. I'm trying to stay away from any lactivism until it gets better!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page