Well, I'm in shock. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 06-05-2007, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And I guess I belong here, too. Just found out. Kind of :. Seriously shocked. Un-freaking-believable.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#2 of 14 Old 06-05-2007, 07:08 PM

You and me both. If I heard my kids say what I said when I first saw that second line, I'd wash their mouths out with soap!

Thought I was all done! I'm waiting for my periods to stop completely, not another baby.

I'll love this baby, already do love her, but I'm going to have to change a lot of my plans. I keep wanting to say dumb things like "How did this happen?"

My kids are going to be annoyed.

Kiley
#3 of 14 Old 06-05-2007, 07:25 PM

Oh MY!

Welcome, Rynna!

grateful mother to DD, 1/04, and DS, 2/08

#4 of 14 Old 06-05-2007, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3b1? View Post
You and me both. If I heard my kids say what I said when I first saw that second line, I'd wash their mouths out with soap!

Thought I was all done! I'm waiting for my periods to stop completely, not another baby.

I'll love this baby, already do love her, but I'm going to have to change a lot of my plans. I keep wanting to say dumb things like "How did this happen?"

My kids are going to be annoyed.

Kiley
Thank the gods, whatever they be that I'm not the only one. I was worried, skimming over the introduction thread, that this entire group would be comprised of women who had not only wanted to get pregnant but been working really hard at it for some time. I'd hate to complain about accidental pregnancy and the roller coaster of emotions when there are women who I know full well would give anything to be in my position-- hyperfertile. I too find myself thinking, "Huh? How?" like a dork.

I'll love this baby too, but Bella, the third, is just so much work... I have no idea how i'll handle another high stress baby, to say nothing of pregnancy itself... Good grief. I'm so not ready. We were saving up for snippage of the man. We just got rid of all the baby things. It was perfect, the carseat that we used to bring Bean home expires this month, and decluttering I started by getting rid of all the clothing that was too small for Bella and/or boyish and too small for Bean. It's just such a shock... :

#5 of 14 Old 06-05-2007, 09:35 PM

I've never been hyperfertile. I worked really hard to get the boys I've got, so I kinda know what that's like. But OH MY I wasn't ready for this one. I just got myself into such a nice comfy situation.

The kids are all big and have their own bedrooms. We just got a nice four bedroom house, perfect for us five. All five of us are hyperactive. Two of my kids have Asperger's. This isn't an easy household to manage even with good meds, but we had it pretty well figured out. I just quit my demanding full time job, for a demanding part time job near home with flexible hours. I can volunteer at the kids school. I was going to start working on another degree in August.

Poof, all my plans are up in smoke!

I do love babies, and I'm glad to give this precious man a baby of his own. He's been the best step dad, and is so good to us. He's very excited. You'd think he'd just been elected king of the world or something.

It's a roller coaster!

Kiley
#6 of 14 Old 06-05-2007, 09:37 PM

Oh, and the diapers!!! I hope I don't destroy my septic tank washing them.

I gave away my old supply last year. Oh well, wanted to try EC anyway. If I do go with diapers I'm going to try those wool pull up pants. I've not tried those befoire, but wool is so wonderfully antibacterial.

Kilehy
#7 of 14 Old 06-05-2007, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

I got rid of all the tiny diapers, and there's no way I'll be able to knit for this one... I love doing it and I knit quickly, but I've pretty much given up on needlework because the kids are insane and my wool gets spread around and ruined and I get so angry...

My kids are still little-- 4.5, nearly 3 and 14 months. They're all still in carseats, and while they're very bright and easy in some ways, they're still a lot of work. Bella just started walking and I was really looking forward to moving into a new stage of parenting and life... one without so much poop.

Hi Loraxc!

#8 of 14 Old 06-06-2007, 07:50 AM

Hey mama! I have a high-needs kid too. Technically, I have two, plus one who is calming down as he gets older- and I was nuts enough to want another.

What I hear, though, is that either going from one to two, or from two to three is hard- apparently adding a fourth is comparatively easy I'm hoping, anyhow.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#9 of 14 Old 06-06-2007, 09:10 AM

Rynna, I was just thinking about you the other day and missing posting on the same threads with you and wondering how you were doing.

I have to admit I wa shocked to find you here!

My little one is, of course, very carefully planned and semi-high-tech, but even so, there's a certain amount of shock that everything actually worked. This was goingg to be my last insem attempt, and I had my share of "consolation prizes" to distract myself with if it hadn't worked.

I'm justr glad it did.
#10 of 14 Old 06-06-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
I got rid of all the tiny diapers, and there's no way I'll be able to knit for this one... I love doing it and I knit quickly, but I've pretty much given up on needlework because the kids are insane and my wool gets spread around and ruined and I get so angry...

My kids are still little-- 4.5, nearly 3 and 14 months. They're all still in carseats, and while they're very bright and easy in some ways, they're still a lot of work. Bella just started walking and I was really looking forward to moving into a new stage of parenting and life... one without so much poop.

Hi Loraxc!
I remember when mine were younger. It's tough when they first start walking. It turns out my three all have ADHD, it runs in my family. All three are bouncing off the walls. I thought kids were supposed to be that way, LOL.

Two of mine also have Asperger's, so they are kind of mildly autistic. They are great kids, very smart, do well in school, but they just take a bit more work than usual. Keeping them organized is a lot harder than it should be, because of the ADHD. Good luck to this baby! If it's a girl she's going to be very spoiled, and very protected. God help her if she ever wants to date.

Kiley
#11 of 14 Old 06-06-2007, 06:46 PM

I'm right there with ya too. Just call me fertile Myrtle- the one time he "forgets" I'm fertile I get pregnant!

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#12 of 14 Old 06-06-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
What I hear, though, is that either going from one to two, or from two to three is hard- apparently adding a fourth is comparatively easy I'm hoping, anyhow.
Yep! It was a piece of cake adding #4.

I lurk here just because you're here, Helen. Heehee.
#13 of 14 Old 06-06-2007, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noordinaryspider View Post
Rynna, I was just thinking about you the other day and missing posting on the same threads with you and wondering how you were doing.

I have to admit I was shocked to find you here!
Me too.

Going from two to three was easy in many ways, but as I said, three is far and away the neediest baby. She's 14 months old and still SCREAMS like I'm tearing an arm off if i put her down to use the toilet. : Maybe she's not really that difficult, but the other two were so easy as infants by comparison.

#14 of 14 Old 06-06-2007, 10:30 PM

I sure hope what you all are saying about adding #4 is true! I am a little nervous about how it is all going to work out. My husband is a pilot and gone every other week leaving me home with the kiddies...gosh I hope I can manage 4! There are times when the 3 of them are fighting like cats and dogs and I am ready to declare myself mentally insane and then there are other times when I have to count them all and make sure there are all here b/c they are playing so nicely! I hope #4 just blends in with the others!
Andrea

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page