anyone exhausted??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 06-13-2007, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
::yawn::

I cannot stay awake! I slept from 9:30pm last night until 7am today and I'm STILL exhausted. I've been napping, which I just DO NOT do usually. I can't remember being like this iwth my other pregnancies. And I can't have caffeine! What's a mama to do?????

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#2 of 25 Old 06-13-2007, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel your pain! I bought some decaf coffee so I might trick my brain into thinking it has had caffeine in the morning.

I've been pretty useless the past few days. We just moved and I am unpacking at a rate of one box per day because I'm just wiped out! Looking forward to that golden trimester, the second!!
#3 of 25 Old 06-13-2007, 02:04 PM

Oh yeah. I am so very tired. I also feel like the laziest sap in the world. My house is going to pot since dd can destroy a room in five minutes flat. DH gets home and the only thing that I can say that I have accomplished is to stay awake while dd plays and maybe have watered the garden. Caring for living things are my priorities. Everything else is getting put off until my energy returns.

Christina, loving being a Mama to three and serving as a Co-Leader of the Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area, CA Chapter.

#4 of 25 Old 06-13-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbyard View Post
Oh yeah. I am so very tired. I also feel like the laziest sap in the world. My house is going to pot since dd can destroy a room in five minutes flat. DH gets home and the only thing that I can say that I have accomplished is to stay awake while dd plays and maybe have watered the garden. Caring for living things are my priorities. Everything else is getting put off until my energy returns.
I just make sure all humans, plants and animals are fed and after that it is a bonus. Yesterday I was so sleepy I felt drugged. The good thing is ds took a nap in the middle of the day so I got a break.

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#5 of 25 Old 06-13-2007, 02:53 PM

I didn't have fatigue with my last pregnancy but this time I am SO tired. I feel groggy and drugged from the time I get up in the morning until I go to sleep at night. I have been taking a nap every day because I finally get to a point where I just can't function anymore.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#6 of 25 Old 06-13-2007, 03:06 PM

I am absolutely exhausted but then I go to bed and insomnia strikes : I'm actually considering taking a Benadryl to knock me out tonight because I figure me not sleeping has to be worse for the baby than me taking one pill :

it doesn't help that my 10 month old, who usually naps 3x a day, has suddenly sworn off napping because her teeth hurt

-sarah-
mom to three, 4 and under.
#7 of 25 Old 06-13-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksera05 View Post
I am absolutely exhausted but then I go to bed and insomnia strikes : I'm actually considering taking a Benadryl to knock me out tonight because I figure me not sleeping has to be worse for the baby than me taking one pill :

it doesn't help that my 10 month old, who usually naps 3x a day, has suddenly sworn off napping because her teeth hurt
I think Calms Forte (a homeopathic relaxation remedy) is safe when pg and bf. I have found it effective in the past.

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#8 of 25 Old 06-13-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksera05 View Post

i definitely feel you there, plus i've had sinus congestion/junk/head cold type stuff for over a week now... and my 12 1/2 month dd is just ornery, don't know if it's more teeth or what
#9 of 25 Old 06-13-2007, 06:05 PM

I usually up the iron when i feel tired.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#10 of 25 Old 06-13-2007, 06:47 PM

I am way freakin tired, need naps but don't get them when I work and I am whipped by 8pm, like in bed by then
#11 of 25 Old 06-13-2007, 07:54 PM

I'm plum tuckered out! I can go to sleep at 9:00, wake up at 7:00 and then take a 2 1/2 hour nap. Luckily, my 5 year old dd who had pretty much sworn off naps is now napping with me! Miracles do happen!
#12 of 25 Old 06-13-2007, 08:39 PM

I am totally exhausted also! I try to take little cat naps during the day if possible. The weird thing is though at night I wake up to go pee and then can not fall back asleep. My mind starts going crazy and I usually lay there for about 2 hours....it drives me crazy!
#13 of 25 Old 06-13-2007, 09:14 PM

It has started hitting this week. I hear it's worse with each pregnancy. I have to work so I can't just take a nap, not that I could if I were at home either though. The girls are 5, almost 3 and 16 months.

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
#14 of 25 Old 06-13-2007, 09:33 PM

OMG you guys I am so tired right now and dh is at school and ds won't go to sleep. I rocked him for 45 minutes and now he's running around the living room like a maniac screaming NO! NO! NO!

Pregnancy with a toddler is going to be really hard.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#15 of 25 Old 06-14-2007, 01:50 AM

When driving home from playgroup, I suddenly got hit by this exhaustion and wanted to just pull over and sleep right there but I pushed myself and got home and then I got DS out of the car planning to crash in bed for a nap but that's right when he woke up refreshed! :
#16 of 25 Old 06-14-2007, 09:01 AM

Strawberryfields, this is what TV was invented for. Sit him down with his back to your tummy and your arm round him and catnap for 15 minutes (the length of Postman Pat.) I promise you'll feel better.
As long as I get a nap a day and I'm in bed by 10, I do OK.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#17 of 25 Old 06-14-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastlemama View Post
I think Calms Forte (a homeopathic relaxation remedy) is safe when pg and bf. I have found it effective in the past.
I was wondering if that was safe. I might try some.

-sarah-
mom to three, 4 and under.
#18 of 25 Old 06-14-2007, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Thank GOD I am not the only one. I have to work 5 nights next week and I"m thinking that I might just quit. : I mean, I work 4-midnight and then wake up at 6:30 with dh and the girls. It's just too much for a pregnant body. I can't do it! My 2 1/2 year old is just SO active and the nearly 7 year old will be out of school next week.:

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#19 of 25 Old 06-14-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerybugmady View Post
Thank GOD I am not the only one. I have to work 5 nights next week and I"m thinking that I might just quit. : I mean, I work 4-midnight and then wake up at 6:30 with dh and the girls. It's just too much for a pregnant body. I can't do it! My 2 1/2 year old is just SO active and the nearly 7 year old will be out of school next week.:
I hear you on that, with my job I have one closing shift a week but it is always before a opening shift the next day. It was hard on me not being pregnant and I really think it's going to suck real bad. I have been lucky for the past 3 weeks because we are opening up a new store next month so we are just doing day shifts until the official open. Maybe I will be in teh happy 2nd trimester by then. I should hit 12 weeks the week before the store opens and I will be on vacation, Yay!
#20 of 25 Old 06-14-2007, 12:58 PM

You know... I was all about severely restricting TV for the littles, but during my pregnancy with BooBah (my *easy* pregnancy!) BeanBean watched more TV than in his entire life previous. I could sit him down in front of The Weather Channel and just pass out for an hour.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#21 of 25 Old 06-14-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
You know... I was all about severely restricting TV for the littles, but during my pregnancy with BooBah (my *easy* pregnancy!) BeanBean watched more TV than in his entire life previous. I could sit him down in front of The Weather Channel and just pass out for an hour.
When I am tired or sick the TV rules go out the window....Sometimes it is just about survival!

#22 of 25 Old 06-14-2007, 02:16 PM

soooooo tired here. I dont' remember being this tired with the others. (or maybe it's because I didn't have 3 kids )

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#23 of 25 Old 06-14-2007, 03:44 PM

Yup, here too. DD watches Sesame Street in the AM but this AM I fell asleep in the chair next to her (with the baby gate up so she couldn't go anywhere) and slept through the second half of SS and right through Calliou. Barney woke me up! The kisker is that DD got my phone and some how put it in "Car Mode". I didn't know it had such a thing and I couldn't get it off. With it on I can get and make calls but I can't hear anything!! (Thank goodness we had an old back up phone laying around that I activated) Now DD won't nap this afternoon and I really need to lay down again. I had been doing better but today is killing me!!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#24 of 25 Old 06-14-2007, 03:57 PM

I am so tired--its the reason I took a test at 10dpo, normally I would wait! I haven't even miss a period yet and I can't even move.

Angie, mama to Anna '01, Mia '04, and Leif '08 and angel1.gif '03  angel1.gif'07 angel1.gif'12.Expecting someone new in 7/13! pos.gif

h20homebirth.gif familybed2.gif bftoddler.gif homeschool.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#25 of 25 Old 06-14-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbyard View Post
:

Though the yard isn't getting watered by me... nor are any weeds getting pulled. We have a jungle this year. Inside and out!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page