PALS thread for Feb 2008 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

#151 of 158 Old 08-13-2007, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, me too actually. Isaac was conceived the cycle after Rowan was still born and my pregnancy with him was so hard on my body. I hit the point this spring where my body was on strike after the miscarriages and I started having 4 day luteal phases as well.

Don't be a stranger, Mara, OK?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 158 Old 09-13-2007, 11:01 PM

I know this thread is a month old, but are you guys still out there?

I'm feeling very sad STILL and unable to attach to this pregnancy as well as I did with previous ones. I thought hearing the heartbeat would make me feel more committed, and it did help a little, but I'm still sort of aloof. I read all the other threads and don't feel like making any of the small talk replies. THEN I feel sad that I am missing out enjoying my DDC?! (And that seems dumb.) I have hit a really emotional patch of days here, and I'm not sure how to snap out of it.

I am so excited about this baby and just feel completely unable to show it or share it.

Angie, mama to Anna '01, Mia '04, and Leif '08 and angel1.gif '03  angel1.gif'07 angel1.gif'12.Expecting someone new in 7/13! pos.gif

h20homebirth.gif familybed2.gif bftoddler.gif homeschool.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#153 of 158 Old 09-13-2007, 11:43 PM

Thanx for bumping this thread, I am so sorry that you feel this way. I lost my last baby at 16 weeks, though I didn't know it until I was 23 weeks along. I just reached 16 weeks this past Sunday and B"H, this baby moves like theres a party in my uterus! But I had to hear his/her little heartbeat a couple of times for me to really let myself get attatched, at all actually. I hope that it turns around for you, what week are you in, maybe when you get to the point where your little one really makes himself known, you will fully feel that s/he is really with you. Lots of love mama, I hope you feel better soon.

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

#154 of 158 Old 09-14-2007, 01:48 AM

Thanks for bumping the thread.

I too had to struggle very hard my last pregnancy and this one to stay positive and enjoy the moment. The feelings of ambiguity lasted until the moment I had DD kicking and screaming in my arms after I delivered her.

I thank the stars above that this little bean has started moving a little since Sunday. Are we supposed to panic now and start counting how many times they move in a day?

Also, I don't know if it's because this is my third baby-on-the-way, but I feel I am tempting fate to give me a healthy baby again. With DD's pregnancy, I was happy with the sheer fact she was alive in my womb, but for whatever reason, this one is both the ambiguity of whether baby will make it all nine months, and if baby will be normal and healthy too...

Sign hanging in Albert Einstein's office at Princeton: Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts.
#155 of 158 Old 09-14-2007, 08:31 AM

Yes, thanks for bumping. I've also been struggling with increasing fears about this babe making it the whole way. Just trying to keep a level head about it and make my peace with where I am now, and hope that there is still a heartbeat at all of our next appointments. We have talked ourselves out of doing the 20-week u/s. Much as I want to see the baby moving, and treasure all of its little arms & legs, making the decision to forgo it helps me be a little more comfortable with recognizing that what will be, will be.
#156 of 158 Old 09-14-2007, 11:05 AM

Amy, I am so very happy to see that you are still with us. I have been looking for you since... well, you last post in our DDC. I am glad to hear that you felt your little one move, it's such a reasuring feeling, though now If I don't feel him/her move for a while I start to worry a bit.
I am still not sure about the U/S, I don't want to worry the rest of my pregnancy away if I were to learn something was wrong, but I don't want to be surprised at the birth, but then again, I am feeling pretty blissed out right now, I want to keep feeling this way.

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

#157 of 158 Old 09-14-2007, 11:40 AM

So glad you mamas are still out there. I am 17 weeks this weekend, haven't felt anything I can count as reassuring movement. I'll think I feel a twitch and then I'll have the same sort of twitch in my thigh 2 minutes later!

I have a really good feeling about this pregnancy, but I'm keeping it all in, which is weird for me b/c I'm a 'shout it out loud' kind of person.

I'm not really showing yet, still interviewing homebirth midwives, just moving into a new house 2000 miles from where we've been living and all my family is. I think maybe when we get settled and I can start my mental countdown-to-baby without so much else going on I'll feel better.

I've also been thinking about finding out the gender at the level 2 U/S. We weren't going to, but I think it would help give me more of a vision of this child, something more to identify with. At my last birth I couldn't care less which sex the child was, I didn't even in check until someone asked me 30 min later. So I don't believe it would take away anything from that moment for me. The birth is perfect, regardless, I don't need the surprise. And I think it would help me right now. Oh, I am starting to ramble...Thanks for listening

Angie, mama to Anna '01, Mia '04, and Leif '08 and angel1.gif '03  angel1.gif'07 angel1.gif'12.Expecting someone new in 7/13! pos.gif

h20homebirth.gif familybed2.gif bftoddler.gif homeschool.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#158 of 158 Old 09-17-2007, 10:34 AM

This is a hard place to be, mamas. Such a mix of sadness and anticipation, missing our lost babies and yet being happy about a new life... It's good to be here for each other. My thoughts are with all of you!

slinggirl.gif  Melissa: wife todh_malesling.GIF, mama to 5 dear children grouphug.gif and remembering Matthias angel2.gif (8.9.05 - 8.10.05)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page