Let's get to know each other! 10 questions... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought it might be fun to get to know each other a little better since we'll be spending so much time together over the next 9 months.

Here's a list of 10 questions that I thought would help us get to know each other. Maybe we can see how these go and have more question threads as time goes by...
  1. What's your first name? (if you feel comfortable sharing)
  2. Where do you live? (Country, state/province--whatever you feel comfortable sharing!)
  3. What type of birth do you hope to have?
  4. Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH?
  5. What are you most excited about with this pregnancy?
  6. What are you most scared of?
  7. If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms?
  8. If this is your first, what do you wonder about most?
  9. Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them?
  10. What do you like to do with your time when you're not obsessing about being pregnant?

(You can quote this post to get the numbered list of questions and add your answers! Then just remove the quote tags and all my text except the questions.)

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

#2 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 09:17 AM

1. What's your first name? Rach
  2. Where do you live? Israel
  3. What type of birth do you hope to have? Natural birth at a hospital
  4. Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? I WAH
  5. What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? Dunno. I'm pretty happy. I'm eager to see Rivka's reactions. She plays the part of "baby in the family" *really* well
  6. What are you most scared of? The baby getting here safely.
  7. If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? Try to relax, do your best, and sometimes no matter what you do or how good you are babies cry. My second piece of advice is expect that at least a few things won't go as planned adn don't beat yourself up over it.
  9. Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them? We only told my parents and my IL. We'll tell everyone else mid - late Aug.
  10. What do you like to do with your time when you're not obsessing about being pregnant?
Hang out on MDC :

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#3 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Rach, you can just remove the quote tags at the beginning and end and remove all my text besides the actual questions.
  1. What's your first name? Kelly
  2. Where do you live? Austin, Texas
  3. What type of birth do you hope to have? Natural with no pain medication, in a birthing center, assisted by a midwife
  4. Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? SAH/WAH. I plan to work 5-10 hours a week on a very small side business to bring in some extra cash, but otherwise I'm really looking forward to SAH!
  5. What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? If I had to pick one thing besides meeting our baby I'd have to say that I'm most excited about seeing how strong I can be during pregnancy and especially during labor. But I'm also very excited to see how my husband becomes a father!
  6. What are you most scared of? Hmm...who wrote these questions? I'm most scared of losing my figure and never getting it back. Oh, and stretch marks. I have scars all over my body from stretch marks when I was a teenager and growing fast, so I know I'm susceptible. They've finally faded and I'm not as self-conscious about them anymore, but I'm not looking forward to getting even more. I know I'm supposed to be proud of them and admire the "mama body" when I have it, but I'm just not there yet.
  7. If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? This is my first! I'm anxious to see the advice from moms.
  8. If this is your first, what do you wonder about most? I wonder if it's possible to have any time to yourself after having a baby. I love to read and write, and I'm scared I won't get to do either except maybe 5-10 minutes a day.
  9. Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them? DH told his mom. She knew we would be trying sometime this year, but she didn't know when. On Father's Day, we took the test and got the BFP. So then MIL called on Father's Day and said "Happy Father's Day...are you a father yet?" DH was taken aback and said "Why do you ask?" She said something like "When you're a parent, you'll understand that sometimes you just know." So he told her, and he said he could hear her start crying on the phone.

Since DH told someone (we weren't planning on telling anyone til 3 months!), we decided I could tell one person too. So I told a friend at work. She stopped in her tracks, literally jumped up and down, and gave me a hug!
  10. What do you like to do with your time when you're not obsessing about being pregnant? I read a lot--fiction and nonfiction, adult and children's. I also like to write. I'm working on a middle-grade/YA novel right now.

#4 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 09:37 AM

What's your first name? (if you feel comfortable sharing) Mara. Ha, over-sharing with the internet is what I do!

Where do you live? Virginia

What type of birth do you hope to have? Natural. Although I love the idea of homebirthing, I'll be in a hospital for this one, for various reasons.

Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH?
SAH would be lovely. I get 6 months of leave from my work, so I will decide then what to do. I hope to convince my DH that we can live off just his salary.

What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? Everything!

What are you most scared of?
Miscarrying again. Or being so scared of losing the pregnancy that I taint the whole experience by being neurotic and cynical. LOL, I'm scared of my fear!

If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? N/A

If this is your first, what do you wonder about most? The birth, and the first month or so after. Whether I can hold on to and grow a healthy pregnancy. What kind of person my husband and my genes would make. Breastfeeding.

Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them? Wrote about it in my blog, told two co-workers who knew that we were TTC, told my husband. That's it so far.

What do you like to do with your time when you're not obsessing about being pregnant? Read, read, read. Write. Cook. Putter in the 'garden'. Obsess about last Harry Potter book coming out next month.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#5 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 09:41 AM

Thanks for this thread!!
  1. What's your first name? (if you feel comfortable sharing)Sharun
  2. Where do you live? (Country, state/province--whatever you feel comfortable sharing!) Germany, BW, Denkingen
  3. What type of birth do you hope to have? I am thinking about having this baby at home
  4. Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? SAH
  5. What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? I am excited about everything!!
  6. What are you most scared of? Hmmmm the normal things I guess, that everything goes ok and is ok with the baby
  7. If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? Listen to your heart and not others who might have some really "good" advice for you. Also when somebody starts with a "horror" story with pregnancy or birth. Make them SHUT UP!!
  9. Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them? We have told my parents and sister. His parents found out last week and my kids know. We just told everyone flat out. Eccpet my mom, she called and asked when a friend of mine was due and I said "before me!!"
I like to knitt socks ( can't knitt anything else) I like reading, I use to enjoy riding horses before I was pregnant. I like doing things with my family and our dog, and traveling!!
#6 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 09:54 AM

1. What's your first name? (if you feel comfortable sharing) Jenny
  2. Where do you live? (Country, state/province--whatever you feel comfortable sharing!) Indiana
  3. What type of birth do you hope to have? Another homebirth
  4. Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? SAHM/WAHM
  5. What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? Just knowing that we're going to be adding to our family!
  6. What are you most scared of? Precipitous labor- I had a very fast labor with my son and they say that second labors are usually faster...
  7. If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? Relax and don't worry over all the small stuff.
  8. If this is your first, what do you wonder about most? NA
  9. Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them? Close friends and family- just told them. I let my 2 yr. old tell dh that there was a baby in mommy's belly.
Read, cook, want to learn to sew, hike, play with my ds, spend too much time online...
#7 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 10:02 AM

Hi!
I'm Kim and I live in Maryland.I am a happy stay at home mom of 6 and 2 year old boys. I would love to have a home birth but I'm open to all options my Midwife has for me. I have only shared our news with NAP, my son's teacher and, my father-in-law because it was his birthday.The most exciting thing about my pregnancy...being pregnant! I am most afraid of a repeat m/c( that's my fear at this point ).When I'm not obsessing...I just try to stay calm and focused and of course, nap when anyone will allow me. My advise to a first time mom would be to trust your gut feelings if you thing something is not right, get lots of rest while you can and learn to blow off stress ( sometimes theres just nothing you can do to change a situation so, don't stress over it ).
#8 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 10:06 AM

I'm replying before reading everyone else's, so I'm not influenced.
  1. What's your first name? Cicely. Well, actually not really, but it's my fake internet first name.
  2. Where do you live? New Jersey
  3. What type of birth do you hope to have? I'm working with a midwife in a hospital setting. One of these fancy new birthing wings that are supposed to be more like hotels. I will have a pool for at least labor, hopefully delivery, but we'll see how it goes. I am actually comforted by the fact that a doctor is nearby, but I plan to do it as much as possible without drugs and interventions. I don't mind IVs, though, if they want to give me one. Except I guess it would get in the way...
  4. Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? Oh, I'd love to SAH, but I think financially I'll have to WOH 2 or 3 days a week.
  5. What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? Most excited about? Golly... I honestly don't know where to start, there...
  6. What are you most scared of? Miscarriage, just now. Other than that, not eating the right things, and having the baby's brain compromised as a result. I put a lot of stock in food.
  7. If this is your first, what do you wonder about most? If I'll be as tough during labor as I think I'm going to be. I'm pretty sensitive to pain, to be honest, but I'm also a big fan of experiences, so I think I will be perversely enjoying the pain.
  8. Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them? I've told my parents, who told my siblings. I told my dentist yesterday. Other than that, I've told only one person-- the woman I worked briefly with until my job ended yesterday. I told her chiefly because she doesn't know anyone else I know, and I'll never see her again! I don't know when I'm going to tell my friends-- I have a big camping trip planned next weekend, when I'll be about 6 weeks past LMP-- Ideally, I'd wait until I at least see the midwife and get that heartbeat confirmation, but I don't know if i'll be able to keep my mouth shut.
  9. What do you like to do with your time when you're not obsessing about being pregnant? I play the fiddle (see sig), sew my own clothes, read classic novels out loud to my husband in public places, obsess about nutrition and cook wacko food, and try to figure out what I'm diong with my life.

There. Now I'm going to read what everyone else put and make ammendments!

Me , him , and the two most beautiful little lovey girls in the world: 3/08 and 1/10. Planning our escape from the treadmill!
#9 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabi Sabi View Post
I let my 2 yr. old tell dh that there was a baby in mommy's belly.
That is so cute! I just got a tugging feeling in my belly when I read that, and I almost teared up! I can't wait to have a two year old telling daddy things....

Me , him , and the two most beautiful little lovey girls in the world: 3/08 and 1/10. Planning our escape from the treadmill!
#10 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 10:37 AM

1. What's your first name? Rynna
  2. Where do you live? Central Pennsylvania
  3. What type of birth do you hope to have? I'd kind of like this one to just fall out in the bathtub quickly and easily... but I'll probably end up with another c-section.
  4. Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? SAHM. Except I'm only home if the kids are sick or we can't afford gas. Oh yeah, that's all the time now.. :
  5. What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? If by "excited" you mean "terrified and/or weirded out," just about everything. Well, that's not true. I'm due in February, and if I have a boy the family will be balanced. I like balance in all things.
  6. What are you most scared of? Two things-- try not to laugh too hard. I'm afraid of having a baby, particularly a boy, during Capricorn (long and horrible history; i can smell a Cap man coming for miiiiiillllles) and I'm afraid that if I have a c-section I'll never orgasm again. It's gotten more difficult with the last two and I'm absolutely *terrified* of the idea. I'm not sure that life without orgasms is worth living.... seriously.
  7. If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? The books lie. I read them all, and they all lie. Your body is your own, and those books are about people who aren't you. Also, one baby is much bouncier than you think. Life is still pretty easy with one.
  8. If this is your first, what do you wonder about most? N/A
  9. Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them?I told my husband; he threw up. I told my mom because she strongly suspected, and she told one of my sisters but not the other (the other has no sense and is a bit of a . Oh, and some of my online friends. I told the guy who plays my character's husband in my game. It was important that he know why I was suddenly passing out most nights a good 6-10 hours before I usually do.
  10. What do you like to do with your time when you're not obsessing about being pregnant?I haven't done anything I like to do in ages... Just kidding. I play Gemstone IV, and pretend that I'm several other people. One of these days I will finish my book, and I'll be able to knit and do embroidery again and all that good stuff, but right now I can't because my kids are all up my butt. For instance, at this very moment the baby is trying to climb under my skin through my neck and shoulder. It's quite painful, really, but at least she's quiet (she usually screams while she does this). I used to play the violin and the piano and do all sorts of other fun things, but now I mostly stew and resent....<mutter>

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#11 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
Obsess about last Harry Potter book coming out next month.
Hehe...me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicely_m View Post
[*]What are you most scared of? Miscarriage, just now. Other than that, not eating the right things, and having the baby's brain compromised as a result. I put a lot of stock in food.
I think food is incredibly important too. Do you have any nutrition books that you've been using and finding helpful?

#12 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 10:48 AM

1. What's your first name? Sara
  2. Where do you live? (Country, state/province--whatever you feel comfortable sharing!) Lansing, MI
  3. What type of birth do you hope to have? midwife-assisted homebirth, my second
  4. Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? All three. I'm a law student. I'll be part time for a few terms. So class=WOH, studying=WAH, lack of income, much of my schedule and activities, mostly no childcare help=SAH
  5. What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? Birthing again. Birthing is awesome.
  6. What are you most scared of? Tearing. I've had a lot fo trouble with infections and I just don't feel like my tissues are as strong and healthhy as they should be.
  7. If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? It's not that different from what you'd expect, it's not some mystical secret, yes, you can know what you're talking about even before teh baby is born. Everyone was busy telling us how we couldn't understand, it was impossibly hard, the rewards were impossibly great---um, no. Things are about as great/hard/busy/etc as we thought they'd be.
  8. Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them?

Pretty much everyone. Just told 'em. I don't go in for fancy breaking the news type things.
  9. What do you like to do with your time when you're not obsessing about being pregnant?

Camping
#13 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 10:56 AM

What's your first name? Angie

Where do you live? Philadelphia--just moved from Seattle

What type of birth do you hope to have? HOmebirth with Midwife

Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? SAH

What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? That it happened! We really wanted a 3rd child.

What are you most scared of? Seriously? Dying. I know its unlikelyand morbid, but I love my life and I'd hate to leave my sweet girls without a mother.

If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? Listen to your baby. Your baby knows everything you need to know. Trust your baby and yourself.

If this is your first, what do you wonder about most?

Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them? My husband, kids, his parents and his sisters. I am going to tell my family next week when we are visiting them.

What do you like to do with your time when you're not obsessing about being pregnant?[/LIST]Enjoy my girls. And house-hunting. We are living with my husbands parents and I'd liek to have a homebirth in my own house.

Angie, mama to Anna '01, Mia '04, and Leif '08 and angel1.gif '03  angel1.gif'07 angel1.gif'12.Expecting someone new in 7/13! pos.gif

h20homebirth.gif familybed2.gif bftoddler.gif homeschool.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#14 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 11:06 AM

Great idea for a thread! (Especially for people like me who have a hard time going onto a new forum and introducing themselves.)
  1. What's your first name? (if you feel comfortable sharing) Gwen
  2. Where do you live? (Country, state/province--whatever you feel comfortable sharing!) Near Detroit, MI
  3. What type of birth do you hope to have? Homebirth with a midwife. Waterbirth if it seems right. I had DS2 at home in the water.
  4. Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? SAH, except I do teach childbirth classes once a week in my home.
  5. What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? Sharing this with my 5 year old DS has been really cool. He is super-excited, and claims that it is all his idea. He is so excited about helping pick out a midwife because he says that the person whose idea the baby was should help pick.
  6. What are you most scared of? Helping my 2 year old adapt to not being the baby.
  7. If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? Don't be afraid to smile and nod and then ignore any advice that seems like it wouldn't work for you.
  8. If this is your first, what do you wonder about most? N?A
  9. Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them? I've told everyone, and I basically just blurt it out. I just can't keep this kind of a secret...
Hike with my boys, read lots of books, go on family bike rides, obsess about other things like improving my family's nutrition
#15 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 11:24 AM

1. What's your first name? (if you feel comfortable sharing) Judy (old fashioned name! all the Judy's i know are at least 20 years older than me!)
  2. Where do you live? (Country, state/province--whatever you feel comfortable sharing!) Linden, Michigan ( I see a lot of other Michiganders in here!)
  3. What type of birth do you hope to have? In a hospital. For my first one and not knowing what to expect, i've decided to go the traditional way.
  4. Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? I'll continue to work. I'm planning on taking 3 months off after birth, but then will go back to work (i work 35 hours a week--which they consider full time). My benefits are too amazing to leave--and I really like my job too. Maybe after a second child or children are school age, i'll go down to part time to be home for them after school. My work would probably let me do that.
  5. What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? Wow. I don't know yet. I don't think being pregnant has totally sunk in yet!
  6. What are you most scared of? When I first found out, I was really scared of miscarriage. That still weighs on my mind, but not as much as at first. I'm afraid of something being wrong with the child also.
  7. If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? My first!!
  8. If this is your first, what do you wonder about most? What the baby will look like, being a combination of DH and me. Will it have my red hair?!
    We told our parents on Father's day, my Dad over the phone (he lives states away), he was happy--but hard to judge over the phone. For my FIL we got a card for him and signed it "Love Jacob, Judy, and a little one due Feb 08 (Hi Grandpa!)" and when he read it he started to just sob. He was so happy! I also called my little brother and my best friend that same day and told them. I'm waiting to tell my sister in person when she flies in on July 3 and the rest of the fam at a party on July 7.
  10. What do you like to do with your time when you're not obsessing about being pregnant?In my free time, I like to play an online role-playing game--both my DH and I play it together.

One thing to add, I'm hoping i'm not going to have a really emotional time with this. My mom, who was also my best friend passed away 7.5 years ago. I think about her a lot and going through this without her really hurts sometimes. My mom kept a diary from the time she met my dad until I was about 16. There are about 9 notebooks full! Last night I was looking through them to see what she wrote about her pregnancys. I came across one when she was pregnant with my sister when I was around 4 (i'm the oldest) and she wrote in there "Judy, I love you so much and someday when you are older and you read this, I want you to know how much you mean to me and your dad and how much joy you bring into our lives!" I just started to cry. She wrote that 30 years ago! Wow. Ok, now that i've got myself crying at work, I should end this post!! LOL.
#16 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 11:32 AM

1. What's your first name? Sarah, but I go by Sarah Lynne
  2. Where do you live? (Country, state/province--whatever you feel comfortable sharing!)Colorado!
  3. What type of birth do you hope to have?Homebirth m/w assisted
  4. Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? I already am a SAHM
  5. What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? The possibility I'll have the girl I want. Plus it will be the first girl in the family if thats what she/he is.
  6. What are you most scared of? Not having the money to have the birth I want.
  7. If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? Relax! As much and as often you can!!
  8. If this is your first, what do you wonder about most? This is my second, but I wonder how its gonna be going from 1 to 2.
  9. Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them? My mom, dad, sister, MIL, SIL, DH are all that know I think. With DH, I was on vacation and he was here at home so I sent him "pictures of vacation" in a slideshow and at the end were the pics of the positive tests
Play with DS and give in to my cravings

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#17 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 11:42 AM

What's your first name?Rachel

Where do you live? Kansas

What type of birth do you hope to have? Birth Center VBAC

Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? Work at home. My husband is going to school full time in the fall. Not the best timing, but we'll make it work.

What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? Being in charge of my own labor.

What are you most scared of? Something like placental problems keeping me from even being able to try to VBAC.

If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? Do not compromise on what care provider you choose. It DOES matter.

If this is your first, what do you wonder about most?n/a

Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them? We told my family because we were all together for my birthday, but we decided only to tell people who we would feel comfortable talking to about something going wrong. And my sister of course.

What do you like to do with your time when you're not obsessing about being pregnant? Right now, reading on the couch (the fatigue!) but usually playing/writing music.
#18 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 11:43 AM

What's your first name? (if you feel comfortable sharing)
Amanda

Where do you live? (Country, state/province--whatever you feel comfortable sharing!)
CT, USA

What type of birth do you hope to have?
Homebirth

SAH

What are you most excited about with this pregnancy?
Enjoying every moment of being pregnant that I can, since it's my last -and sharing the joy of this pregnancy with my kids.

My family's reaction to me being pregnant with #5!

If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms?
Follow your mothering instincts - and do your research. Don't blindly follow what your doctor or others tell you ... it's your body, your baby, and you need to make informed decisions that are best for YOUR family.

Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them?
I told a few friends over the phone. I told R, whom I used to babysit and who now babysits my kids, by giving her a baby t-shirt w/ a monkey face on it and the words "I'm so excited" written underneath - the words she said when she found out I was pg with C ... and said throughout my entire pregnancy with him! We told my in-laws by giving my bear-collecting grand-MIL a Boyd's Bears pregnant bear wearing a "Baby on Board" t-shirt. We'll tell my family tomorrow at my mom's surprise retirement party by having their friends give them a "retirement gift" - a silver "Baby" frame.

What do you like to do with your time when you're not obsessing about being pregnant?
My time is taken up with my four children - homeschooling, playgroups, etc...as well as running a nonprofit organization (FNLCT).
#19 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 11:50 AM

1. What's your first name? (if you feel comfortable sharing) Bonny
  2. Where do you live? (Country, state/province--whatever you feel comfortable sharing!) San Diego
  3. What type of birth do you hope to have? Homebirth with a midwife!
  4. Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? we have 2 home businesses, so I'll definately haveto do some WAH! lol
  5. What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? everything? lol I'm excited to do things differently than before and not be so stressed out. I'm excited to have a little one again!
  6. What are you most scared of? having another c-section. having labor. lol yes I know those are opposite, but I'm a bit scared of both! but more scared of the first! lol
  7. If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? just go with your instincts and what baby is "telling" you in the early days. don't worry about what you are "supposed" to be doing, just take care of yourself and baby. the time goes by all too quickly!
  8. If this is your first, what do you wonder about most? not my first, but hopefully my first experience with labor! I wonder if I can make it? lol
  9. Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them? everyone. lol I can't keep secrets and we were very excited and amazed we got pg so quickly (our first month trying!). we were sure I would be tho, since dh got downsized from his job 3 days after we ttc'ed so we (and all our friends lol) have been pretty sure I was pg from the absolute beginning.
play with dd, scrapbook, sew, chat online with my friends.
#20 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 12:33 PM

Helen
  2. Where do you live? (Country, state/province--whatever you feel comfortable sharing!)
    Wiltshire, in England.
    Calm straightforward homebirth with no untoward mess, inconvenient locations or frostbite to worry about this time.
    I'm applying to go back to university in September 2008 to train as a midwife.
    Actually, I can't think of anything yet- I haven't really got as far as excitement. I'm too busy taking things one day at a time.
    Another loss, frequently alternated with worries about another severely asthmatic/eczematic child.
  7. If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms?
    The horror and hell that you go through those last few weeks of pregnancy, with false starts and malpositioning and everything else? That is a fantastic way to remember that it's not actually a cushion stuck up your jumper- there's actually a whole other person living and growing inside you, with their own thoughts and feelings and intuition about the best way of doing things. If you can respect this from the word go, it makes everything else- breastfeeding, sleeping- much easier.
    I think most of our friends know. We've just mentioned it in passing, or as an explanation for why I'm wearing sea bands and keep a sick bag in my handbag. Also, I've put myself on light duties with my voluntary stuff at the moment, so I've had to explain why I'm asking people to help pick up the slack.
  9. What do you like to do with your time when you're not obsessing about being pregnant?
    I'm a knitter and a spinnner, and I'm currently doing a contemporary textiles evening class at college. I help run a couple of breastfeeding support groups (Breastmates) and I'm also chair of my local branch of the NCT (www.nct.org.uk)

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#21 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 12:40 PM

1. What's your first name? Brigianna
  2. Where do you live? Georgia
  3. What type of birth do you hope to have? Homebirth with midwife
  4. Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? SAH at first, maybe get back into a little WAH later.
  5. What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? The whole gestational experience--watching the belly grow, picking names, guessing the sex, buying baby stuff. I love having babies!
  6. What are you most scared of? Right now, miscarriage. Later on, potential complications that could necessitate medical intervention.
  7. If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? It's a trite cliche, but it's true--enjoy your babies, because they grow up so fast!
  8. If this is your first, what do you wonder about most? n/a
  9. Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them? I told dh first ("It's positive"), then the kids (dd1's response: "again!?"), then 84530 of my best friends on MDC.
  10. What do you like to do with your time when you're not obsessing about being pregnant? Play with my kids (and their toys!), read, surf the web.
#22 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 12:42 PM

What's your first name? (if you feel comfortable sharing) Betsy

Where do you live? (Country, state/province--whatever you feel comfortable sharing!) suburbs of Atlanta

What type of birth do you hope to have? in hospital VBAC

Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? SAH

What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? that it happened so quickly. It took 2 years TTC the first one, and I was convinced it would take forever this time, too. But, we weren't even trying!!

What are you most scared of? if I need a repeat c-section, the recovery with a toddler. Also, my mom and I didn't speak for the first month of my son's life, and I'd like to have a better experience this time

If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? babies cry sometimes. Your job is to meet their needs, not to make the crying stop (although that is nice)

Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them? IRL, just my dh. I was on the phone with him when I took the test. I saw it turning positive, said "oh my god" and hung up on him. He had to call me back

What do you like to do with your time when you're not obsessing about being pregnant

chat online, sew, scrapbook, and especially cook
#23 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 12:54 PM

1. What's your first name? (if you feel comfortable sharing) Kati
2. Where do you live? (Country, state/province--whatever you feel comfortable sharing!) Right now I'm in FL, but my permanent address is in HI. I'm moving back there soon, staying for a few months, then packing up and leaving for AZ, where this babe will be born
3. What type of birth do you hope to have?Homebirth. I will probably labour in water, but not sure if I want to give birth in water. Last time I wanted to be up and moving while I was pushing!
4. Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? Stay at home, and possibly make a little $$ on the side by selling my paintings.
5. What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? Having a baby. :
6. What are you most scared of? Another stillbirth
7. If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? Don't let anyone stick their hand into your uterus to forcibly remove you placenta. It hurts like hell, caused me to hemorrhage, and I had to have a blood transfusion and a D&C.
8. If this is your first, what do you wonder about most?I wonder if I've been completely idealistic or not.
9. Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them? Well, all my friends and family know now, plus I'm showing already. I don't think I'm going to have to tell anyone else, my mom's neighbor already noticed I was pregnant without being told!
10. What do you like to do with your time when you're not obsessing about being pregnant? cubing. painting rocking

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#24 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 01:06 PM

1. What's your first name? (if you feel comfortable sharing) Jenn
  2. Where do you live? (Country, state/province--whatever you feel comfortable sharing!) Philadelphia
  3. What type of birth do you hope to have? I'm aiming for a VBAC but also preparing for a repeat section if necessary
  4. Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? SAH
  5. What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? Knitting, sewing and baby wearing.
  6. What are you most scared of? Handling two kids and running into the same breastfeeding problems I had with my first.
  7. If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? Stock up the freezer and the pantry so you don't have to think about meal prep other than what you are going to defrost, that and sleep when the baby sleeps!
  9. Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them? I told my family and close friends by saying, "Guess what I'll be getting for my birthday" My b-day is 2/8.
  10. What do you like to do with your time when you're not obsessing about being pregnant? Knitting and trying to funnel some energy into my business
#25 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 02:08 PM

1. What's your first name? Heather. I don't usually share it off of my DDC, but that's kind of silly because it's such a common name that it's hardly personally identifiable information.
  2. Where do you live?

Humboldt County, CA

I'm hoping for a UC/UP but I have major issues with fear of CPS so I may cave later in the pregnancy.

I will have to WOH, but I'm trying not to think about it too much. I was a SAHM with my older kids and homeschooled them to high school age. I never left them with a sitter and only recently started working outside the home during the nights (6PM to midnight) so that I could be with my then-homeschooled teenaged son during the days.

A few weeks ago I would have said that I was excited about carrying my OWN baby and being able to raise him/her in the ways I knew were right. Now I'm starting to feel a distinct personality even though I can't feel movement or anything yet so I'm most excited about being pregnant with THIS baby instead of just any baby.

Having trouble with CPS, with being transfered against my will and C-sectioned as a close second.

Cooking and cleaning can wait 'til tomorrow
    For babis grow up as I've learned to my sorrow
    So settle down, cobwebs
    Dust go to sleep
    I'm rocking my baby
    'cause babies don't keep

My daughter. It wasn't at all what I expected, which was to tell her right away and be as emotional as I needed to. I pictured running into her room waving a pee stick in her face and scraming and jumping up and down. It had to wait over 24 hours because we had company and then I had to work a day shift and since I've been TTC for over a year, she'd already figured it out because I was so happy.

I also told all of my TTC buddies with these smilies:

Ride my bicycle, read, sew, knit, garden, write, tinker with my Linux boxes, spending way too much time at MDC, volunteering/activism, photography, and just being with my teenagers.
#26 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 03:31 PM

What's your first name?
Jen

Where do you live?
Rural Northern California

What type of birth do you hope to have?
Water homebirth

I am a SAHM

What are you most excited about with this pregnancy?
Having another little one to cuddle. Ds (almost 3) is so cute about having a sibling

Having another m/c (I did with my last preg)

If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms?
I wish I asked for more help when I had ds. Plus more social stuff and less hard on myself. I expected way too much out of myself for having a newborn.

Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them?
I have told everyone! I cannot keep a secret or be patient enought to create a special way of telling people. We did have ds (who is almost 3) tell the grandparents "there is a baby in mama's tummy" They loved that.

What do you like to do with your time when you're not obsessing about being pregnant?
Cook traditional foods, swim, nature walks, read non-fiction, hang out with my extended family

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#27 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 03:46 PM

NAK......

Tishia

MO

UC w/ midwife backup

SAH

Tandem nursing

Tandem nursing!

Trust your instincts. The books, doctors, internet, etc don't know you.

Everyone- i just said I am pregnant

Reag Harry Potter, message boards, play with my son
#28 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 03:46 PM

Here's mine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snozzberry View Post
  1. What's your first name?
    Samantha
  2. Where do you live?
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Unassisted at home with just my partner and my daughters.
    I'm a Doula and a Childbirth Educator in training so I have a flexible schedule that lets me be with my girls most of the time. I usually do client meetings and stuff when my partner is home to take care of them.
    I feel like this will be my first true empowering birth experience after 2 medically managed hospital births.
    My mind letting fear in towards the end of my pregnancy.
    Take the time to inform yourself about every little thing. Question everything done for routine reasons. Listen to your instincts first and other people's opinions after......

I've told everyone.
I just learned to knit so I like to do that. I read constantly.
whoops i did the copy paste thing wrong sorry.....^^^^^^^^^those are my answers not snozzberry's answers
#29 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 05:56 PM

1. What's your first name? (if you feel comfortable sharing) Andrea
2. Where do you live? (Country, state/province--whatever you feel comfortable sharing!) NY
3. What type of birth do you hope to have? I hope to have an unmedicated midwife assisted birth. I would like it to be at home, my husband wants to go back to the little birthing center where our last baby was born. It is still up for discussion. I am worried b/c it is about a 45 minute drive up there and being Feb. we could likely be caught up in a snowstorm! He is also away every other week, so if I go in to labor when he is gone I will have a lot to do before I can head up to the hospital!
4. Do you plan to SAH, WAH, or WOH? Right now I am sah, but am looking for some wah. I hope to find something b/c money is very tight right now.
5. What are you most excited about with this pregnancy? I am excited to have another little baby! It was a surprise pregnancy so the whole thing is very exciting!
6. What are you most scared of? I am afraid of miscarriage, but I did have an ultrasound a few days ago and saw the baby and the little heart beating so that was very reassuring!
7. If this isn't your first, what one piece of advice do you have for first-time moms? Try to remain calm and take everything minute by minute!
9. Who have you told about this pregnancy? How did you tell them? We have told our family and our children. Our children are doing a good job of spreading the word to other friends etc... I thought it was important to tell the kids so they will understand why mom is feeling so run down especially during the weeks when my DH is out of town.
10. What do you like to do with your time when you're not obsessing about being pregnant? We love to camp, hike, spend time outdoors working in our yard.
#30 of 87 Old 06-22-2007, 07:13 PM

1. Mary
2. California for now...
3. Repeat c/s would have loved a homebirth with the last 2 though...
4. Would love to SAH, but we need the money...It sucks....
5. Nothing really, scared mostly.
6. Another stillborn.
7. Take your time and enjoy it.... Can't believe baby is already a year old...
8. N/A
9. DH and a few friends, and of course everyone here...
10. Try to sleep. Would love to work on my car, but too many cancer risks, especially to baby.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page