Tired, but can't sleep! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 06-23-2007, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since even before I took a HPT, I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping. I get so tired and go to bed on time or a little earlier, but then I wake up at like 5 am or 4 am or 3 am : and can't really get back into a nice deep sleep. Sometimes I just lay awake, waiting for the alarm to go off at 6 am. Sometimes I eventually get back into a very light sleep, off and on.

But I'm just so tired! Has anyone else had this problem during pregnancy? Any tips or tricks? I was thinking about getting an eye mask to block out any light that gets into the room at night.

At first I thought I was just nervous about taking my temp every morning, but now that I know I'm pregnant and it's still happening, I don't think that's it.

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 06-23-2007, 12:18 PM

I could have written that post word for word. (Also, the first few days after testing positive, I had to POAS in the middle of the night to make sure I was still pregnant.) Unfortunately, I haven't figured out what to do about it. Interestingly, I'm fine in the mornings, but totally crash around 4 in the afternoon, spend the evening trying to stay awake until bedtime, and then wake up at 3AM! It's not helping my stupid mood swings and weepiness, either, I can tell you that. (Aside-- I am normally mostly a punk rocker, as they say, but yesterday I had an overwhelming urge to listen to James Taylor, and I burst out crying at "Sweet Baby James." Ugh!!!)

Me , him , and the two most beautiful little lovey girls in the world: 3/08 and 1/10. Planning our escape from the treadmill!
#3 of 15 Old 06-23-2007, 01:11 PM

Ditto, totally. Tired and waking up super-early (like 4 or 5), that's me too. I thought it had to do with waking up to go pee, but even when I don't have to go, I still wake up. It's very frustrating...

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#4 of 15 Old 06-23-2007, 06:45 PM

I've heard an "old wives tale" that waking in the middle of the night is to prepare you for when the baby comes. Anyway you look at it, it only gets worse as you become more pregnant. Early this morning, I was wondering how many of were awake. I'm beginning to think that I'm waking because I'm nervous about my upcoming u/s.

Hang in there,
Kim ( Daniel 6 and David 2 mommie )
#5 of 15 Old 06-23-2007, 06:57 PM

Me too! I've been sleeping great and then waking up between 4:45 and 5. I can often go back to sleep, sort of. During the day, I'm pretty tired. I've also been having all kinds of crazy dreams. The coolest one was the night before my BFP, when I dreamed I knew I was pregnant. When I woke up I was so depressed that it wasn't true. It didn't even occur to me that it might be an early sign!
#6 of 15 Old 06-23-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snozzberry View Post
Since even before I took a HPT, I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping. I get so tired and go to bed on time or a little earlier, but then I wake up at like 5 am or 4 am or 3 am : and can't really get back into a nice deep sleep. Sometimes I just lay awake, waiting for the alarm to go off at 6 am. Sometimes I eventually get back into a very light sleep, off and on.

But I'm just so tired! Has anyone else had this problem during pregnancy? Any tips or tricks? I was thinking about getting an eye mask to block out any light that gets into the room at night.

At first I thought I was just nervous about taking my temp every morning, but now that I know I'm pregnant and it's still happening, I don't think that's it.
OMG you could be me! I was never like this with my previous two but I woke up wide awake this morning at 3:30 and I have noticed that if I try to go back to sleep my eyes start hurting and I start to get a headache. But that hasn't stop me from trying to sleep for the next 2 and half hours, there's no way I will wake up for the day that early. When I am not working I normally nap with the kids and that helps alot, otherwise when I work I just try to deal and ask dh to understand that I am not at my best.
#7 of 15 Old 06-23-2007, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I thought there was something wrong with me after reading the thread about people who are sleeping lots right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jentina View Post
I've also been having all kinds of crazy dreams. The coolest one was the night before my BFP, when I dreamed I knew I was pregnant. When I woke up I was so depressed that it wasn't true. It didn't even occur to me that it might be an early sign!
That's awesome! My husband had a dream about a baby two nights before I took the HPT. The next morning, he said the baby smiled at him, and he knew he wanted to have a baby. :

#8 of 15 Old 06-24-2007, 12:34 AM

OMG, me too!! I usually sleep in but am up at 6 or 7 now, and am tired in the afternoons but can't nap.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#9 of 15 Old 06-24-2007, 12:50 AM

I could have written that post too!

I totally understand.
#10 of 15 Old 06-24-2007, 04:51 AM

Same here, except I am really enjoying it I am getting better at going back to sleep for the 3am ones, but any later I maybe read a book and get up around 5:30 and watch some shows I've digitally recorded It helps me get my "me" time cause I am in bed early early with my 4yo
#11 of 15 Old 06-24-2007, 09:56 AM

I keep waking up all night long because I cannot get cool! I have a ceiling fan and a regular fan pointed at me and I still wake up drenched in sweat!
#12 of 15 Old 06-25-2007, 01:17 AM

have it and hate it! E is still waking up at least 4 times a night and after that first one forget it, I CANNOT get back to sleep, I am so tired but it is so not happening. I have RLS and as I get further on it gets REALLLLLY bad!:

Living DAIRY AND GLUTEN FREE for my SPD and Aspergers Little Man.
#13 of 15 Old 06-25-2007, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

I made it to 30 minutes before the alarm this morning...much improvement! The only difference is that yesterday I took a 30-minute nap in the afternoon. Why would that mean I could sleep *more* at night?

#14 of 15 Old 06-25-2007, 09:09 AM

I took two naps yesterday and slept better last night than I have in five days! Please explain that .... :

kati , wife to josh , mama to j&d (7.31.07) marion (9.18.08), feeder of nanuq and gracie lou
#15 of 15 Old 06-25-2007, 11:05 AM

when you nap well you sleep well, just like babes:

Living DAIRY AND GLUTEN FREE for my SPD and Aspergers Little Man.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page