Unsettled stomach? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 06-24-2007, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone else here not quite nauseous, not quite suffering from heartburn, or feeling sick... just feeling a bit off in the gut?

I have this sensation that maybe the pH balance in my stomach is off. I'm not complaining though! I would rather have this over morning sickness! :

What other symptoms are you all experiencing that you aren't sure has to do with the pregnancy?
#2 of 21 Old 06-24-2007, 12:51 AM

diarrhea

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#3 of 21 Old 06-24-2007, 12:58 AM

I have also had that off feeling. I do have morning sickness, on and off though. It started a few days ago and comes and goes. I have been feeling dizzy too.
#4 of 21 Old 06-24-2007, 09:02 AM

Isra-- for some reason it makes me really happy that you have morning sickness-- knowing how happy you were about your BFP, it must be fun to have such undeniable symptoms! (I'm not being mean-- it's the way I feel about my own nausea.)

Me , him , and the two most beautiful little lovey girls in the world: 3/08 and 1/10. Planning our escape from the treadmill!
#5 of 21 Old 06-24-2007, 01:54 PM

My stomach is definenly unsettled. I have not had any m/s but I feel like I could be sick all day and have slight heartburn. but my stomach is sooooo upset all the time, it is kinda annoying.

I guess i shouldn't complain but it makes eating harder.

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
#6 of 21 Old 06-24-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
diarrhea
Right there with you on that one! Whats worse is my stomach won't even give a hint that I have it. I go in to pee and woops there it is. *sigh*

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#7 of 21 Old 06-25-2007, 02:10 PM

Yep.. just a bit off. It makes me want to eat very specific things .. if I get it right, it goes away for awhile. I heard someone refer to it as "hangover tummy"

As for diarrhea.. that too. I get that feeling instead of wanting to throw up. Not sure what's worse when you're walking to work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallia View Post
Is anyone else here not quite nauseous, not quite suffering from heartburn, or feeling sick... just feeling a bit off in the gut?

I have this sensation that maybe the pH balance in my stomach is off. I'm not complaining though! I would rather have this over morning sickness! :

What other symptoms are you all experiencing that you aren't sure has to do with the pregnancy?
#8 of 21 Old 06-25-2007, 05:46 PM

I can totally relate. I haven't been actually throwing up, just feeling gross in the tummy. It is worse when I'm hungry, but the feeling doesn't really make me want to eat either. I have found that ginger tea helps settle the feeling a bit though.
#9 of 21 Old 06-25-2007, 05:48 PM

I have been walking around just feeling icky...it is like the feeling you have when you get off a spinning ride at the amusement park. Sometimes I wish I would barf and just feel better!
#10 of 21 Old 06-25-2007, 09:17 PM

Me too, me too. All day, on-and-off. Not super-dependent on what I eat, but protein definitely seems to help keep it at bay. Last pregnancy I was nauseated non-stop from 6 weeks to 13; hoping that this one is different (in so many ways). But, won't complain if it hangs out at this level. ALSO - I found some great vitamins that don't make me hurl! That was always the worst last time. There was a small window each day when I could take a vitamin and not get sick, and I usually missed it *gack*.

But - maybe only 6 or 7 weeks of nausea, I hope!
#11 of 21 Old 06-25-2007, 09:54 PM

Yeah, hangover tummy is a good way to describe it. Just a constant grumbly feeling, though not exactly nauseous. And my sense of smell has really kicked up, so I'm sure that contributes to the not-so-good feeling. And I'm constantly hungry!
#12 of 21 Old 06-25-2007, 11:45 PM

anyone else feel like they're eating to make the nausea go away, and feeling worse after...but then feeling like you're hungry, even though you're not...so you hunt for something else.. repeat cycle....

My stomach just feels... blah... like its this empty sea sickness feeling. NOTHING is sitting well. No vomiting.... but just UGH.

But my nose kicked in today as well. Cologne and perfume=banned from the house. Cat puke? someone else's job to clean up. cat food? No way!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#13 of 21 Old 06-26-2007, 10:02 AM

My stomach definitely has been off - that same not quite pukey, not quite hungry feeling....ick!

kati , wife to josh , mama to j&d (7.31.07) marion (9.18.08), feeder of nanuq and gracie lou
#14 of 21 Old 06-26-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
anyone else feel like they're eating to make the nausea go away, and feeling worse after...but then feeling like you're hungry, even though you're not...so you hunt for something else.. repeat cycle....

My stomach just feels... blah... like its this empty sea sickness feeling. NOTHING is sitting well. No vomiting.... but just UGH.

But my nose kicked in today as well. Cologne and perfume=banned from the house. Cat puke? someone else's job to clean up. cat food? No way!
this is me! i only feel better when i am in the act of eating, before i feel sick and after i feel sick.

yeah, toddler's poo? no freakin' way am i cleaning it! someone smoking outside at five hundred paces? gotta go somewhere else!

i do wish i could puke and feel better but i don't think it works that way :

eh. who needs a signature?
#15 of 21 Old 06-26-2007, 05:00 PM

that is how I started out. I wasn't nauseous, just an acidy stomach. Now, a week and a half later, I'm starting to be slightly nauseous.
#16 of 21 Old 06-27-2007, 10:41 AM

I am in this club, too. I'm thankful not to be really nauseous but my tummy definitely feels yuck, and my appetite is really off even though I know I need to be eating regularly now more than ever. BMs are weird, certain foods are probably going to be out. I also can't eat as much at a meal? I get full really fast. In general I just feel kind of BLECH.

But apparently my babe likes tomatoes. Cravings for V8, constantly!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#17 of 21 Old 06-27-2007, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

oooh, great analogy!

Yes, Hangover tummy is exactly how this feels! Thanks for putting this into words for me! I have a hard time describing things sometimes.
#18 of 21 Old 06-27-2007, 12:25 PM

add me to the icky tummy list, its just a hint of nausea that comes and goes. i am not lovin it, i might feel better if i would throw up. and when i washed the CD's this morning, OMG that was the worst. i dont think it has ever smelled worse to me!
#19 of 21 Old 06-28-2007, 01:44 AM - Thread Starter

I figured out a cure for this icky feeling... for now.

Fill a glass 3/4 full with apple juice and then top it off with ginger ale. This has been helping.
#20 of 21 Old 06-28-2007, 01:53 AM

i've had that feeling too. not quite nauseous but on the verge of being nauseous. my solution is to eat smaller meals. same number of meals, just smaller. maybe that'll help you, too.
#21 of 21 Old 06-28-2007, 09:58 AM

Small meals are key! I'm full after 1/2 sandwich! Last night I made the mistake of eating a a)huge b)Mexican meal. I was awake half the night just being miserable, not able to throw up. And still this morning look like I grew about 6 weeks overnight!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page