Weekly chat thread #2-- 2 July-8 July - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 67 Old 07-06-2007, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
We're having discussions about potty learning here as well, though, after seeing my demented monkey dancing around the dinner table shouting POO, POO!!! You guessed it- bare bum
: I love the image.

Yeah, there are times when sposies are definately preferable. Like, when I've had two kids with rotavirus, you'd better believe I ran to wally-world and bought a box of sposies, and I didn't feel remotely guilty for it even though we were exclusively using cloth at the time. As I said in Bean's DDC, there's a time and a place for everything and rotavirus is definately the time for sposies. Yeesh, smelling it once was bad enough and Mike was sick, too. : Whenever the kids have the poops I tend to put them in sposies. Regular healthy ones are okay, but the nastier ones... :

Still, I prefer cloth most of the time. I can't say enough good things about prowraps colors; fewer blowouts than with any other kind of diaper, regardless of the poop. They're little polyurethane-lined miracles they are.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#62 of 67 Old 07-07-2007, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Whenever the kids have the poops I tend to put them in sposies. Regular healthy ones are okay, but the nastier ones...
: Totally! With a nice, normal poop, cloth dipes work so perfectly, but for something messy...ugh!!

I don't care how much I love my son, taking care of another person's poop never gets to be pleasant, it's still poop!!!
#63 of 67 Old 07-07-2007, 07:35 PM

We'll do cloth from the get go with this bean. With dd I didn't start until 10 months, when my eyes were opened to the wonderful world of online cloth diaper shopping!!!: No seriously though, I've learned to make diapers, so I just bought a roll or hemp/oc fleece and am making all fitteds for the next kid. We also have prefolds. And wool! I crochet, so I am making those too.
#64 of 67 Old 07-08-2007, 11:22 AM

Our upstairs neighbor threw a party last night. She let us know, which was very polite of her. She said it would start around 6 and end at 11, because she would be moving on to another party.

So the H took me on a date last night, we left the house around 630 and came back around 1030. The party was still in full swing, complete with people on both the upstairs and downstairs porch, people in the yard, and cars everywhere.

(We share a duplex .... she lives upstairs and has her own private porch, we share a downstairs porch, and we have the entire downstairs unit)

This is an old house, about 100 years old, complete with hardwood floors in every room. SOUND TRAVELS. Our poor pups were a nervous wreck, they'd been listening to nothing but BOOM BOOM BOOM since we'd left. You could hear everything - every step, every word, every scream and yell, since for some reason, they felt compelled to let out big "WHOOP"s every five minutes or so.

I was prepared to be okay with the party going to midnight. Oh no, it didn't stop until 2:00 a.m. To say we slept like would be an understatement.

I am so mad and irritated. Houston doesn't have any sort of law governing noise (at least, no law I know about) so it's not as if she has to cut the music off at a certain time. I don't really want to complain to our management company, since we are the only two people in this house, she'd know where the complaint came from. Did I mention I hate confrontation?

It's going to be nap central around here today.

On good news, last night we went to Borders as part of our date, and I bought "The Pregnancy Book" by Dr. Sears and his wife. It's been good so far - a good blend of writing styles and advice. It just makes me smile because it's the first pg book I've bought since we found out about Pompui, it's like, I'm actually allowed to buy these books now! :

kati , wife to josh , mama to j&d (7.31.07) marion (9.18.08), feeder of nanuq and gracie lou
#65 of 67 Old 07-08-2007, 01:19 PM

: Katherine, that stinks. I hope she switches to night shift when pompui is about six months old and has to spend all her sleeping hours listening to a mobile baby squealing, gurgling, and hitting stuff with stuff :

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#66 of 67 Old 07-08-2007, 01:27 PM

Well, if it's any consolation, our floors are carpeted and I'm still pretty sure my upstairs neighbors get around their house on pogo sticks!!! You'd never know there were only two of them up there!! That and they have some pretty kickbutt surround sound that makes it sound like they watch Star Wars every night....

SO.....morning sickness is here, my belly is big for 6 weeks, I'm exhausted...so glad at least DS is in camp 3 days a week all day, he would be miserably bored home with me and I would be horribly frustrated with him! He's very much a go ALL the time kid. At least camp gets him outdoors with other kids his age for 7 hours a day. If he were home we'd probably be watching movies about camp LOL. I went to bed at 9 2 nights in a row now, plus naps....

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#67 of 67 Old 07-09-2007, 06:05 PM

Check out the new thread - Here!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page