Nocturnal Baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-02-2007, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have just started feeling this babe move and I'm amazed at how different this one is from my son at this stage in pregnancy. My son seemed to be awake all day long and only stopped moving when I was getting tired and about to fall asleep. This babe seems to sleep all day long while I'm at work and then when I get home and ready to eat dinner she wakes up and I feel her all night long. If I wake up for a second it seems like she's still groovin around in there. I can only really feel strong movement when I'm on my back, but I feel it at night faintly no matter what position I'm in.

Anyone else noticed a movement pattern?

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 09-02-2007, 02:26 PM

I don't feel anything yet...I don't think. Felt a big flutter weeks ago and thought it was baby, but have felt nothing since that I can identify--it's my first, so maybe I'm just missing it. When did this start for you?
#3 of 10 Old 09-02-2007, 02:31 PM

I mostly feel my baby move late at night. I first felt the movement @ 12:30AM while lounging in my recliner. On Friday, I felt him while I was driving, so it's starting to be more often than just in the evenings.
#4 of 10 Old 09-02-2007, 03:08 PM

This one is being fairly quiet lately (actually just in a position that makes it harder to feel him/her, although I did feel a distinct and distinctly TINY hand or foot last night) but most of the others have prefered to have a fairly regular "playtime" after my work or school, perhaps because I'm more aware of them and can interact with them better.

With Phoenix, she'd start to wake up during my last class, then get really active when I got home, and I'd just focus on her for an hour or two before I started in on my homework and that seemed to work well for her.

I'm doing a night shift now, so I kind of groaned when I first noticed an active period starting---you guessed it---after I got off of work and settled down a bit, at about 1:30-2ish AM. I can deliberately sleep through him/her now, but that won't last.

I'm trying to encourage him/her to wake up when I do be playing his/her music and reading his/her books then when I can, but I'm not feeling much in the way of movement to reasssure me that it's working.

I have felt him/her in the late afternoons and early evenings, though, and I can usually get a reaction from a warm bath, but I think that's because s/he doesn't like them so it's mean to do that too often.
#5 of 10 Old 09-02-2007, 04:22 PM

i am usually wake up every morning at 4:30, but i don't know if it's baby or not. no major flutters, just more aware of my uterus at certain times. :

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#6 of 10 Old 09-02-2007, 04:27 PM

This one is a nocturnal baby, I felt it moving all night.
#7 of 10 Old 09-02-2007, 09:32 PM

dd was nocturnal in-utero, and is a night owl for sure. her bedtime is somewhere between 10:30(rarely)-midnite consistently.

this babe is an afternoon/early evening player and i hope he stays this way *out* of the womb too!
#8 of 10 Old 09-03-2007, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

trizzle, I'm due Feb 8. The best way I can describe those first movements is like having a little butterfly in your uterus or like popcorn popping. If you've felt gas pains before you'll know it's not gas because it doesn't feel painful.

Ds always loved to play during my first class of the day and did seem more awake during the day as a newborn, but now he's a major night owl, goes to sleep at 11:30, doesn't wake up til 10:30.

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#9 of 10 Old 09-04-2007, 11:19 AM

I read something recently that the mama's movements during the day can rock the baby to sleep and that when you stop moving at night to go to sleep is when they are more active.
#10 of 10 Old 09-04-2007, 11:23 AM

I *think* I felt movement for the first time last night. Not positive, though. And it didn't feel like flutters, or the bumps I felt early on with dd, it felt like later in pg when you feel the baby change positions. That's what it felt like. Then again, I did have an upset tummy, so that could've been gas!!! It happened last night, after dinner, sitting in a recliner. So we'll see if I feel it again.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page