who wants to laugh....really hard? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so i was checking out the other ddc's for any juicy info and i found the funniest thread i've seen in a dog's age. you have to read the whole thing, it just keeps getting funnier. let me know what you mamas think!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=763747

just for the record, i have none of the aforementioned dilemas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 12:49 AM

that's hilarious. no problems in that area yet...maybe when i get closer to 30 weeks like they are?? it is true that every client i've had has had the same odor when they're in labor. it's really um, unique...

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#3 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

i TOLD you! i was lmao while reading those posts.

"from now on, i'm pooping at YOUR house! a butt blow dryer!"
#4 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 01:25 AM

Thanks for the laughs!

I do need to add though - no icky smell here yet, but I'm about a day off being unable to shave my bikini area anymore. No amount of twisting can make it visible. During my last pregnancy I made dh hold a hand mirror down there every time I needed to shave.

A happy woman
#5 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 01:34 AM - Thread Starter

my dh is kind (and gentle) enough to do it for me!
#6 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 01:58 AM

I remember it from my previous pregnancies, but I very rarely smell it now and I don't have time to bathe anywhere near as frequently as I'd like to. I had it a bit in the first trimester when I couldn't get away with "no deoderant" for awhile, but now my deoderant stone sits unused and I'm not digging into the coconut oil and baking soda either.

It seems like I was changing panties twice a day by now, at least, but it really isn't necessary this time around unless I've been doing a LOT of exercising on a hot day.

Of course the absurdly frequent peeing finally caught up with me but I'm just being matter-of-fact about it and not letting it stress me out but so much.

See? I can be just as TMI as anyone else!

#7 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 01:58 AM

I definitely have an icky smell here. please tell me I'm not the only one?

and with that i'm going to :

-sarah-
mom to three, 4 and under.
#8 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 02:19 AM

Good steal! Though my goodness, the gas I've got ALREADY is horrific, I can't imagine it getting worse. You know that horrible sulphur smell, like eggs gone awfully bad? I didn't realize it was pregnancy, I thought it was my eating hardboiled eggs. So I cut the eggs out of my diet, but if anything, things got worse. I'm afraid if I light a match afterwards the air will explode.

In all the books I read (56 for those of you new to the DDC), I saw a lot about "more gas" not "weapons grade gas."

Mama to EG, Mate to MD, Writer, Editor, International Jewel Thief.
#9 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 03:59 AM
Dea

Honestly whoever says that pregnancy is beautiful needs to meet me behind the school at 4pm, we need to have some words.
I don't have any of the afflictions they are describing, but golly, I just can't wait. :
I have noticed that I am warmer so I feel clammy more and I've taken to showering and bathing everyday to feel better.
I've also noticed that my immune system just isn't what it normally is, except I haven't gotten a cold, I've had a lingering sinus issue since June, I've had a YI for over a month that keeps checking in to annoy me, my skin and I are having issues and I could go on and on.
Really pregnancy is not for the faint of heart!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#10 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 09:39 AM

:

OMG I'm glad I'm not the only one who looks for hilarious threads like that! That DDC has some hilarious mamas!

I have noticed a change in odor but I like the smell and dp really seems to as well : We're hippies as my co-workers like to tell me, so maybe we're just used to odors after camping excursions in a camper with a broken shower...

my belly is starting to get hair on it though! I plucked each one out. I don't care if the bush goes wild but when I get hair on my belly it makes me feel like I'm turning into my Dad.

and I agree with ya on the gas Writerbird! I have to run to the bathroom at work all the time because I don't want to cut one around the guests!

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#11 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 11:05 AM

OMG they are so funny, I haven't had a chance to read all the posts but I will!

ksera05; I haven't noticed any icky smell but I have noticed that my cm seems to be pretty agressive. It burns sometimes *down there*
#12 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksera05 View Post
I definitely have an icky smell here. please tell me I'm not the only one?

and with that i'm going to :
dont be embarrassed.. i actually posted on that thread cos i noticed that smell... ick ick ick... dont be shy!!
#13 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 11:26 AM

Oh, I miss zjande. She deserted our DDC when she got her bfp, and she made me laugh so hard I gave birth...
OK. I am so stinky I...

wear cloth pads so if I wet myself, I don't have to change my trousers.

wear cloth pads because I have so much thoroughly stinky discharge that I'm always CONVINCED I wet myself.
(and they ain't pantyliners either. I haven't got enough pride for that.)

haven't shaved my legs, pits, or bikini line since I got the bfp. Actually, haven't shaved anything since LAST November, when I got the bfp before the bfp befor the bfp. And waxing during pregnancy just hurts. I have a beard, too [hairy/]

can outgross a 7yo boy in a burping, belching, farting or talking about toilet contest.
My poo smells worse than a 70yo mans' with c.diff. And there's more of it. MUCH more. I'm either constipated or frequent, and I'm convinced eurovision baby has figured out how to pass his meconium back up through the umbilical cord and out through MY anus. I swear, those first few days we're going to be getting pretty yellow poos, none of that green stuff for us. Actually, come to think of it, my poo is green... hmm. Need to think more on that one.

The Body Shop are coming to take samples from the musk glands in my groin next week as a humane yet natural alternative to musk in perfumes.

AND you know what the best bit is? Vulval varicosities smell EVEN WORSE than a normal pregnancy yoni!!!!! How cool is that? Not only do I look like I have a great red lumpy beetroot poo stuck between my inner and outer labia, not only does it hurt, but it smells like nail varnish on smelly feet :

24 weeks, ladies. This, soon, could be you......

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#14 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 11:31 AM

Sorry, forgot one. I tried to take a picture of said vulval varicosity because my bump is so big I can't see my yoni with only one mirror, and my camera screamed and died. THAT's how bad it is.

DH still goes down though TMI?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#15 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 11:42 AM

: laughup

flapjack...i'm so glad you're in our ddc. i you!

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#16 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Sorry, forgot one. I tried to take a picture of said vulval varicosity because my bump is so big I can't see my yoni with only one mirror, and my camera screamed and died. THAT's how bad it is.

OMG. :

-sarah-
mom to three, 4 and under.
#17 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the elyse View Post
: laughup

flapjack...i'm so glad you're in our ddc. i you!
:
#18 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletBegonias View Post
my dh is kind (and gentle) enough to do it for me!
See, dh offered last time, but the thought of him that close to my bits with a razor scares the sh&t outta me!!

flapjack, if you ever visit my house I'm gonna lie and say the toilet is broken and you need to go in the woods. We don't have fans in our bathrooms!

A happy woman
#19 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:

good man!

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#20 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 04:11 PM

transverse turds... i love it.
#21 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 05:13 PM

That thread is hilarious and flapjack has me in tears over here.
#22 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Helen! :
#23 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 07:19 PM

What??? What did I say???

:

#24 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by operamommy View Post
See, dh offered last time, but the thought of him that close to my bits with a razor scares the sh&t outta me!!
well, he uses an electric shaver and it pretty much qualifies as foreplay, if you catch my drift!
#25 of 39 Old 10-15-2007, 07:39 PM

I can't wear pants right now 'cause I'd only be able to wear them for one day - I already sweat down there tremendously and have a discharge under normal circumstances - pregnancy has made that so much better I haven't shaved in years, although I now shave my chin every other day - hairy pits I have no problem with, my beard, not so much. My husband is loving all the new smells - he's the guy who was on cloud nine when I made switch to all natural deodorant, the pregnancy funk is like an extra-special desert (I think I'm beyond caring if that's TMI ).
#26 of 39 Old 10-16-2007, 09:20 AM

Quote:

OMG!! HAHAHA! :
#27 of 39 Old 10-16-2007, 09:09 PM

Yeah...I've started noticing a change in the down-there odor and I don't particularlly care for it. I have to wash my pants like every other day because the smell lingers; usually I can go a week or more before I need to wash a load of jeans. I need to sew up some cloth pads because lately I have so much CM that it feels like I have peed myself and I am getting tired of changing the undies 3x a day. And what is with the bowel changes?! I swear I am pooping more regularly than ever, but the smell is horrendous! Like the stuff has just been hanging for, oh, the last 25 years and is just now deciding to come out. I have been shaving the girly bits completely by touch because there is no way to see down there any more. DP offered to do it for me, but I'm scared he'll pass out when he catches a whiff. Don't worry ladies...I'm sure the stinkiness is coming for all ya'll soon enough, lol!

Ah, pregnancy is a beautiful thing isn't it?

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#28 of 39 Old 10-16-2007, 10:50 PM

Great goddess of light, Helen, thank you for that. :

I have to say that while I definately smell different, it's not at all 'icky.' It's a lot heavier than my non-pregnant smell, but it's also vaguely sweet. If my husband was remotely appealing, I could probably get some just by relaxing... it's a decidedly pleasant smell.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#29 of 39 Old 10-16-2007, 11:33 PM

oh wow.
i am so thankful that i got to read that thread and read choice bits of it to dh before i had my very own ridiculous stinky TMI moment yesterday afternoon.

are you people ready for this? i was not ready for this.

i've never had a very well trained colon. my whole life i can't really remember pooping more than two or three times a week. my midwife was very concerned about this fact when i told her early in pregnancy. she insisted that i start using glycerin suppositories and do my best to poo every day and promised that i would thank her later.

oh dear lord how i wish i had listened to this wise woman.

yesterday afternoon i decided that i should probably use a suppository since i hadn't gone in a couple of days and i have a mw appt on thursday and need to give a good report. once the suppository kicked in and i sat on the toilet i knew there something "special" about this poo.

the pressure was so intense, i reached down to feel my perineum only to discover that i was indeed attempting to pass something the size of a grapefruit through my anus. there was a point when i panicked and thought for sure i was going to have to go to the emergency room because i was going to be split in half. there was absolutely no way something this large was going to come out of a hole that small!!

i started thinking through everything i've read about labor and prayed to god for mercy. i used deep breathing, walking, rocking, and some squatting. in time (about 30 minutes) my body took over and i absolutely had to push. it was the most intense feeling ever and i was sure i was being torn to bits but once it was out, i cried from relief.

the size of this poop was so incredible, i INSISTED that dh come and look. we both teared up at the sight, simultaneously proud and terrified at what my body had done. that poo was about 4.5 inches in diameter and almost two feet long. i made gloves out of plastic bags so that i could break it up into pieces small enough to flush (it took 5 flushes to get it all). it had to weigh at least 5 pounds and the first half was ROCK HARD.

needless to say, i waddled around sore for the rest of the day and most of this morning.

that, my friends, is hopefully as disgusting as this pregnancy will get.:

Rachel. Devoted wife and joyful mama to Beatrice June(2/25/08) and Leona Agnes (8/10/10).
#30 of 39 Old 10-16-2007, 11:42 PM

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page