3rd Tri Swap UPDATE - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 158 Old 12-27-2007, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByMySide View Post
Yay! I'm glad you got it so quickly! (I think mine might've had the furthest to travel?)
I think Australia to the mainland US is farther, no? : (Just using some cute smilies.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 158 Old 12-27-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinahYeteirah View Post
I think Australia to the mainland US is farther, no? : (Just using some cute smilies.)
I didn't realize that anyone was sending/receiving from Australia! I'd say you probably win then!

Single WAHM to 5yo DD, 2yo DS, and forever 7 week old angel DD.
#123 of 158 Old 12-28-2007, 08:09 PM

BinahYeteirah, I just sent you a very important PM!

A happy woman
#124 of 158 Old 12-28-2007, 10:18 PM

To my ever patient swap partner - it will be going out on Monday, priority, with extra goodies since it's so late. I really hope you find it's been worth the wait.
#125 of 158 Old 12-29-2007, 09:31 AM

Is Australia or the UK farther? I guess it depends which side of which continent...

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#126 of 158 Old 12-29-2007, 07:09 PM

OK, I FINALLY mailed my swap package! Phew!!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#127 of 158 Old 01-02-2008, 05:43 PM

Thanks BinahYeteirah!

These hand-dyed onesies (loving the green and orange BTW) and the matching cloth/fleece diapers (these need covers, right? I am new to CDing, so kinda clueless) are just beautiful. These are all hand-made? Oh, I wish I were so crafty.

Here's a pic. I am so excited!

librarian mommy (34) to DD (2/08), expecting a BOY in early spring 2011
#128 of 158 Old 01-02-2008, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybama View Post
Thanks BinahYeteirah!

These hand-dyed onesies (loving the green and orange BTW) and the matching cloth/fleece diapers (these need covers, right? I am new to CDing, so kinda clueless) are just beautiful. These are all hand-made? Oh, I wish I were so crafty.

OMG! I checked out the pic that you posted of the two outfits...they are absolutely adorable!!!
BinahYeteirah, did you make those, or is there somewhere that I can get some?
#129 of 158 Old 01-03-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Thanks BinahYeteirah!

Oh those are SO cute!!

#130 of 158 Old 01-03-2008, 03:48 PM

I had a wonderful surprise in the mailbox! Anjanetteopal sent me the *perfect* labor day socks, some wonderful smelling baby soap, a burp cloth with pretty trim, and the absolute best little knitted hat I ever saw!

It's wool, and turquoise with a natural colored... well, it's not a stripe, it's got scallops. It's totally perfect, it's one of a kind and exactly what I wanted I can't knit or crochet anything except a chain. I really wanted my peanut to have a homemade hat, but if the grandmas are working on anything I don't know about it.

I'll post a photo of my boy wearing it as soon as, you know, I have the boy.

And my swap buddy did this hat while she was moving her household and driving all over the place Man, there are a lot of us moving with our big bellies.

I had a moment of confusion, A, your last name is the same as the girl's who threw my shower, and I wondered why on earth she was mailing me stuff when we meet for lunch all the time :P

Mama to EG, Mate to MD, Writer, Editor, International Jewel Thief.
#131 of 158 Old 01-04-2008, 12:35 AM

Applecore!!
I just got home from a 2-week vacation, so your package may have been here for quite a while, and I had no idea that I was so unfulfilled by its absense... What a lovely, perfect gift! (My husband said, as I was opening it, that he didn't realize there were such hippies in Michigan!) I am absolutely in love with the knitted goods (a hat and shorties, for those of you reading along), and the products look very exciting as well. The best part is that green is my favorite color, and you psychically knew! They are shorties, right? As I think I mentioned, I am ignorant about wool... what size does the baby have to be before she can wear them? I'm so excited that she can be clad in garments made by actual people. Again, I am beyond thrilled with the choices, and the lovely note. I didn't really expect to get anything I liked nearly so much. Thank you!!!!!!!

Me , him , and the two most beautiful little lovey girls in the world: 3/08 and 1/10. Planning our escape from the treadmill!
#132 of 158 Old 01-04-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writerbird View Post
I had a wonderful surprise in the mailbox! Anjanetteopal sent me the *perfect* labor day socks, some wonderful smelling baby soap, a burp cloth with pretty trim, and the absolute best little knitted hat I ever saw!
I'm so glad you liked everything!! I enjoyed making the hat so much that I'm tempted to make one for my own little one - we might have twin babies running in February!

Blessed to be married to my awesome husband since 2006.
Mama to Aidan Robert (Valentine's Day 2008) and Cora Ruth (3-13-2010) :
#133 of 158 Old 01-05-2008, 06:04 AM

Mine's here Beautiful baby blanket, toys for the bean (wooden ones as well. Yay!), crayons, prefolds, I love it Thankyou so much, lovetobemama!

Mine was running late getting sent out- DH said he'd take it to the post office for me and then forgot, and our Christmas was a bit hectic, but it's long gone now and should be there well before her birthing date. :

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#134 of 158 Old 01-05-2008, 12:18 PM

Yea, Helen! I'm so glad you got it! I've never sent anything overseas before...and had no idea how long it would take to get to you! I was starting to get worried about when it would arrive! I really wanted to get you a moby wrap, but just couldn't find one anywhere that was remotely affordable (with shipping and all) Hope the babe and the big kids like their little gifts!!
#135 of 158 Old 01-05-2008, 07:40 PM

Well, the babe seemed pretty oblivious when we shook the rattle at him, but the big ones love their "paints", as Skye calls them

#136 of 158 Old 01-06-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicely_m View Post
Applecore!!
I just got home from a 2-week vacation, so your package may have been here for quite a while, and I had no idea that I was so unfulfilled by its absense... What a lovely, perfect gift! (My husband said, as I was opening it, that he didn't realize there were such hippies in Michigan!) I am absolutely in love with the knitted goods (a hat and shorties, for those of you reading along), and the products look very exciting as well. The best part is that green is my favorite color, and you psychically knew! They are shorties, right? As I think I mentioned, I am ignorant about wool... what size does the baby have to be before she can wear them? I'm so excited that she can be clad in garments made by actual people. Again, I am beyond thrilled with the choices, and the lovely note. I didn't really expect to get anything I liked nearly so much. Thank you!!!!!!!
I just got home from vacation, too! I'm glad you liked everything, and I guess you lucked out that green is my favorite color as well! I made the shorties a bit bigger than newborn size because you never know how big a baby will be when it's born, and I did want her to be able to wear them! So I guess just keep trying them on, and go with it when they don't fall off anymore. They will need to be lanolized first, though.
#137 of 158 Old 01-07-2008, 12:45 PM

Can Courtney in TN let me know if/when she received my package? (I deleted the email with her username ).

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#138 of 158 Old 01-08-2008, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
Can Courtney in TN let me know if/when she received my package? (I deleted the email with her username ).
I actually just came on to post that it arrived in Tennessee. I will be there next week (hopefully), and I'm going to open it then!

THANK YOU in advance!!

#139 of 158 Old 01-08-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByMySide View Post
I actually just came on to post that it arrived in Tennessee. I will be there next week (hopefully), and I'm going to open it then!

THANK YOU in advance!!
OK, phew!! I kept seeing Hawaii in your userinfo and thinking I'd sent it to a wrong address somehow.

#140 of 158 Old 01-09-2008, 11:37 PM

It looks like most of the swapping hubbub has died down but I wanted those of us who haven't gotten our packages yet to stay excited about it! I feel kind of like the person due at the end of the month when everyone else has already given birth! So who else is obsessively checking their mailbox?

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#141 of 158 Old 01-10-2008, 05:52 AM

I didn't send to you, but I don't think my partner's received hers yet. I just realised today, though, that I forgot to put the card in : It's probably going to be fairly obvious who it's from, though, there's not many Brits around here...

#142 of 158 Old 01-10-2008, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Thanks BinahYeteirah!

I am so happy you like them! Yes, the diapers need covers. They are just fitted diapers, no waterproof layer. So you'll have to cover them up if you want waterproof, but it's still fun with the matching clothes, I think. In case it isn't obvious from the labels, the shirt and onesie-thing are mass-produced ones; I just dyed them to match the diapers I made.

I hope you and babe enjoy!
#143 of 158 Old 01-10-2008, 07:55 AM

I also need to thank Operamommy for her gift! I picked it up from the post office as we were leaving to go on a family vacation. We were gone a week and just got back a couple days ago. What a nice way to start my vacation! Nicole got me a sweet HABA wooden rattle! It's the type of thing I'd never buy for myself, but am very happy to have someone else indulge me. It was very nicely wrapped, too. THANK YOU!!! I love it!
#144 of 158 Old 01-10-2008, 06:47 PM

Helen - no note. How on earth could I figure out it was from you

It's lovely and I''ll be back to gush over it properly later as I'm still kinda out of it from my stint at L&D today.

My package still hasn't left the house for my ever patient swap partner - my B/P and OB saw to that today. I'll be back later to post the honest to goodness DC# so she knows it's on its way.
#145 of 158 Old 01-10-2008, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter
Dea

Strawberryfields are you still waiting?

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#146 of 158 Old 01-10-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea View Post
Strawberryfields are you still waiting?
Very patiently! I did get a big package today but it was a box of formula samples from Similac : Pretty safe to assume that wasn't from my swap partner, hey?

It's OK! I just wanted to make sure that anyone else still waiting didn't feel left out now since the thread has died down a bit!

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#147 of 158 Old 01-10-2008, 08:49 PM

Jenn, I'm glad it got there safely

#148 of 158 Old 01-11-2008, 01:08 AM

I'm not waiting any longer!! I got the most wonderful package from Nature yesterday!!! It has two ADORABLE baby outfits...one with a little lamb big that is the cutest thing I have ever seen. A great matching baby blanket. Some belly balm which I think I will use tonight. And some Tom's of Maine baby wash. I have used a lot of T.O.M. products in the past, and didn't realize they made a safe baby soap. I am so excited to have a good option this time around, rather than just the perfumed/alcohol-full Johnson's and Johnson's stuff!!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Nature! Especially considering how terrible the past few weeks have been for you!
Also, it was funny when I finished showing DH the clothes. We have so little ready for this babe that we were standing there holding the pink outfit, and both realized that these are the only 2 outfits that she has so far, and that we don't have a space for her clothes yet! We have GOT to get in gear!
Thanks again!
#149 of 158 Old 01-11-2008, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post
Very patiently! I did get a big package today but it was a box of formula samples from Similac : Pretty safe to assume that wasn't from my swap partner, hey?
I got the same box of formula today....I opened it up b/c it said a special gift for breastfeeding mothers and their baby (I was thinking it was something like maybe a nice water bottle or I don't know)....but it was 4 cans of forumla!!
#150 of 158 Old 01-11-2008, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinahYeteirah View Post
I also need to thank Operamommy for her gift! I picked it up from the post office as we were leaving to go on a family vacation. We were gone a week and just got back a couple days ago. What a nice way to start my vacation! Nicole got me a sweet HABA wooden rattle! It's the type of thing I'd never buy for myself, but am very happy to have someone else indulge me. It was very nicely wrapped, too. THANK YOU!!! I love it!

I'm so glad you like it. I know it's kind of "busy" (at least in my opinion), but sometimes it's really nice to have a toy or two like that when you go out to eat, etc. Hope your babe loves it!

A happy woman

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page