3rd Tri Swap UPDATE - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 158 Old 01-11-2008, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetobemama View Post
I'm not waiting any longer!! I got the most wonderful package from Nature yesterday!!! It has two ADORABLE baby outfits...one with a little lamb big that is the cutest thing I have ever seen. A great matching baby blanket. Some belly balm which I think I will use tonight. And some Tom's of Maine baby wash. I have used a lot of T.O.M. products in the past, and didn't realize they made a safe baby soap. I am so excited to have a good option this time around, rather than just the perfumed/alcohol-full Johnson's and Johnson's stuff!!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Nature! Especially considering how terrible the past few weeks have been for you!
Also, it was funny when I finished showing DH the clothes. We have so little ready for this babe that we were standing there holding the pink outfit, and both realized that these are the only 2 outfits that she has so far, and that we don't have a space for her clothes yet! We have GOT to get in gear!
Thanks again!
Yay! I'm so glad it got there and that you like them. I wish I could have made you something, but gosh darn it.. I need to learn how to knit!
So sorry that you got your package so late, but ... at least it got there before the baby right??

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#152 of 158 Old 01-11-2008, 12:19 PM

From the ever lovely Helen ...

3 flat-fold diapers (or Muslins as she called them) in a beautiful pale green. They are so soft and best yet - square - so I can use them to do the origami fold which I love. I like carrying the flats around as my back-up diapers when I'm out and about since they take up next to no room and they are so incredibly versatile.

The Baby Yoda Sweater is fantastic - it's done in undyed wool and is so nice and thick - it'll be great for the Bean to wear while I'm wearing him and we venture out in the cold.

A green playsilk for Michael - he's lucky my hair is short again or I'd probably be taking it to use for myself as a scarf since I love the colors so much.

A gorgeous piece of hand-painted fabric to use for my Mei Tai - the colors are great and I can't wait to look at canvas colors to match it.

Lastly a bag of chocolate lime sweets (lime hard candy with a chocolate cream filling) which Michael is definitely not getting his hands on (even though they are red-dye free). I think I'm going to smuggle some in with my breastfeeding stuff and sneak a few while I'm nursing the Bean in the recovery room.

My own ever patient swap partner's package is currently wending it's way to her and should be there on Monday. I hope she likes hers as much as I enjoyed putting it togther and getting mine.
#153 of 158 Old 01-11-2008, 02:07 PM

I'm glad you liked it.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#154 of 158 Old 01-14-2008, 04:54 PM

My swap package came today! What a nice way to brighten up 3 long days of discomfort and sleeplessness

Thanks to nausicaamom for the sweet knitted baby clothes! I took pictures because my descriptions wouldn't do them justice:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...m/DSCN4130.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...m/DSCN4129.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...m/DSCN4128.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...m/DSCN4127.jpg

The little sweater jacket and hat will be perfect for our cold weather right now. What good timing because I have recently thinking about what to do for a lightweight carseat-compatible jacket/hat that will keep the baby comfy and not overheated once the heat in the car kicks in. And look at that, the perfect sweater/hat set just literally landed on my doorstep

I stuffed the little knitted MJs with paper so you guys could see the cute detail, how adorable are they? They match the jacket perfectly. And the socks are so soft I put them with the birth supplies right away so that she can wear them from day 1.

Thanks so much! I love it all!

How is everyone else doing? Any more new swap packages to report? I love hearing what everyone received.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#155 of 158 Old 01-14-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nausicaamom View Post

Lastly a bag of chocolate lime sweets (lime hard candy with a chocolate cream filling) which Michael is definitely not getting his hands on (even though they are red-dye free). I think I'm going to smuggle some in with my breastfeeding stuff and sneak a few while I'm nursing the Bean in the recovery room.
Oh yeah and I've been meaning to say HOW YUMMY do these sound?? OMG I want some.

#156 of 158 Old 01-14-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post
My swap package came today! What a nice way to brighten up 3 long days of discomfort and sleeplessness

Thanks to nausicaamom for the sweet knitted baby clothes! I took pictures because my descriptions wouldn't do them justice:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...m/DSCN4130.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...m/DSCN4129.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...m/DSCN4128.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...m/DSCN4127.jpg

The little sweater jacket and hat will be perfect for our cold weather right now. What good timing because I have recently thinking about what to do for a lightweight carseat-compatible jacket/hat that will keep the baby comfy and not overheated once the heat in the car kicks in. And look at that, the perfect sweater/hat set just literally landed on my doorstep

I stuffed the little knitted MJs with paper so you guys could see the cute detail, how adorable are they? They match the jacket perfectly. And the socks are so soft I put them with the birth supplies right away so that she can wear them from day 1.

Thanks so much! I love it all!

How is everyone else doing? Any more new swap packages to report? I love hearing what everyone received.
I've been checking the DC and saw it arrived in your city today and I was hoping you'd get it today. I made the sleeves on the sweater a bit long so hopefully she'll get a bit of use out of it next fall as well. I'm so glad you liked everything.
#157 of 158 Old 01-14-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nausicaamom View Post
I've been checking the DC and saw it arrived in your city today and I was hoping you'd get it today. I made the sleeves on the sweater a bit long so hopefully she'll get a bit of use out of it next fall as well. I'm so glad you liked everything.
Yes, I held it up to a couple baby outfits to get an idea of the fit and I think it will definitely work this winter as outerwear and next fall as a sweater! It will look really cute with a little pair of jeans. Thank you so much!

#158 of 158 Old 01-31-2008, 03:12 PM

Smokeylo - I finally got to open my package in person this morning. I didn't forget you, and wanted to make sure that you knew how much I appreciated everything!!

She got me Burt's Bees baby stuff (I LOVE!! I LOVE!!), diaper covers, tea, and a beautiful baby hat!! I LOVE everything so much - THANK YOU!!

Single WAHM to 5yo DD, 2yo DS, and forever 7 week old angel DD.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page