anyone here think they are going to go until february? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 59 Old 01-08-2008, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well, my due week is feb 29th through march 5th. so, yeah, i super want a feb babe! ez was born three weeks early in nov 2005 so let's hope I can hold this one in until mid-feb at least!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#32 of 59 Old 01-08-2008, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noordinaryspider View Post
I'm hoping to either share a birthday (February 9) or go past Valentine's Day. My only preference is that I do NOT want him/her born on the 14th.
I spent my ENTIRE pregnancy with ds2 telling him he can be born on any day but my birthday...ANY day. even after my due date.

so of course the stinker was born on my birthday

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#33 of 59 Old 01-08-2008, 10:43 PM

I so wanted Phoenix (who was due on February 10, 1988) to be born on my birthday and i think my first thought, on realizing that the enormous gush of breaking waters meant that I would be in labour shortly, was "January 27?!?!?!?!?!? What kind of a dumb birthday is that?"

Now I've got my second chance at sharing a birthday and I still think it would be so cool.
#34 of 59 Old 01-08-2008, 11:53 PM

My EDD is Feb 24. Since it's my first I don't know if I am the type to go early, late or what. But, this little one needs to stay in place for January cuz DP is visiting family overseas all month. So I obviously plan on being here. I have started having strong BH contrax, well, I guess they are strong since they cause me to flinch, gasp and involuntarily react. But they are very random and not more than 2 at a time. I generally have a *high* pain tolerance. I guess I will know the truth of that after the baby arrives.

Stay put little one, we want Daddy to be back home for your arrival. :
#35 of 59 Old 01-09-2008, 12:44 AM

mine has been told repeatedly that it's not allowed out before feb 1st. jan 31 is my 36 weeks!

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#36 of 59 Old 01-09-2008, 02:12 AM

My EDD moved around a bit, and settled at 2/25. Ish. My girls had to be evicted (induced) - one a week after her EDD and the other at just under 40 weeks. Seems my kids get comfy in there.

I would get a kick out of a leap year baby (2/29). I am more expecting to be giving birth in March as opposed to February.

Now that I've said that, I'm sure I'll go into labor tomorrow.

Single WAHM to 5yo DD, 2yo DS, and forever 7 week old angel DD.
#37 of 59 Old 01-09-2008, 09:48 AM

I am due 2/2, but my last two were 7-10 days late. I have been saying this will be a Valentine's Day baby. I think so much of when you go in to labor comes from your mental status and being ready to let go of the pregnancy and have a baby. My DH (who is a pilot and away every other week, leaves for work on 2/5) I have it in my mind that the baby will not be born until he gets home from work the following week and will then be on vacation for 3 weeks and Grandma and Grandpa will be here!
#38 of 59 Old 01-09-2008, 10:31 AM

I think I will be on time (due 2/16) or late with this one. I was 2.5 weeks early with my first, but I was also working like a maniac.
#39 of 59 Old 01-09-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRose View Post
i'm due early feb 4,6,8? but being a first timer i can't imagine going early... if she's anything like her father she will be exactly on time
You know, I have 3 friends who all had babies in the last year - first babies. And they're all cool crunchy Moms who are supersmart and all were sure that they'd go over their due dates and settled in for the long haul. ALL 3 WENT at 38 WEEKS! I wish they hadn't because it makes that possibility pop up in my mind even though I know the odds are soooo against it. I really just hope I go near my due date. I can wait that long, but going way over seems so stressful.

Oh well, it's not like I can control it

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#40 of 59 Old 01-09-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
You know, I have 3 friends who all had babies in the last year - first babies. And they're all cool crunchy Moms who are supersmart and all were sure that they'd go over their due dates and settled in for the long haul. ALL 3 WENT at 38 WEEKS! I wish they hadn't because it makes that possibility pop up in my mind even though I know the odds are soooo against it. I really just hope I go near my due date. I can wait that long, but going way over seems so stressful.
oh, don't say it!! I flip between being impatient, and not feeling prepared... but car seat is going in this weeked, and final purchases made... juuuust in case. do we know if our mothers' experiences have any bearing on it? probably not huh.
yes, going over seems stressful. a few more days and i'll be allowed to go to the birth center at least.
#41 of 59 Old 01-09-2008, 04:11 PM

Hopefully you first timers don't get too much in the mind set you'll go late. I was convinced I'd go late with DD just because she was my first. So much so that I didn't actually believe I was in real labor until I was having contractions 2 minutes apart and I was 6 cms! I kept think that since it was still before my EDD {39w 4d!} that is was just practice labor and it would go away.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#42 of 59 Old 01-09-2008, 04:31 PM

My first was a 38 weeker and my others have been 40 weekers.
#43 of 59 Old 01-09-2008, 05:22 PM

I wonder if there's any trend to girls coming early, as opposed to boys.
I doubt it, but I was just having a funny mental image comparing boys to men in lazyboys who are quite happy not moving until long past the time that they should.. ha
#44 of 59 Old 01-09-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
do we know if our mothers' experiences have any bearing on it? probably not huh.
I don't think so. I've heard that sisters birth more like one another than mothers and daughters do. But that doesn't help me since I'm the first to have a baby!

My Mom went into labor with me and my sister on our due dates, at exactly 40 weeks, both times. She has 7 sisters and they all had their babies early or right on time, and all had quick labors (except for 2 where position was a problem). But none of this really has bearing on me, so I shouldn't obsess over it!!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#45 of 59 Old 01-09-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:

Oh well, it's not like I can control it
my first (and only other than this feb babe) was three weeks early!

#46 of 59 Old 01-09-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
I don't think so. I've heard that sisters birth more like one another than mothers and daughters do. But that doesn't help me since I'm the first to have a baby!

My Mom went into labor with me and my sister on our due dates, at exactly 40 weeks, both times. She has 7 sisters and they all had their babies early or right on time, and all had quick labors (except for 2 where position was a problem). But none of this really has bearing on me, so I shouldn't obsess over it!!
Hmm interesting! My sister has gone long (42 weeks and inductions) as has my mom. But my sister has been miserable with her pregnancies (she gets a gut-wrenching feeling when she sees maternity clothes) and I'm sailing through, much like my mom did (who also went long with all of us, except my youngest "preemie" brother). I'm only the second of us to have kids, so we shall see. I have two other sisters and I'm not sure that either one will be having kids any time soon. Seems so far I'm taking after my mom, except that by my age she was already done with having her 8 kids... whoo!

signature currently in transition
#47 of 59 Old 01-09-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
I wonder if there's any trend to girls coming early, as opposed to boys.
I doubt it, but I was just having a funny mental image comparing boys to men in lazyboys who are quite happy not moving until long past the time that they should.. ha
Quote:
This seems to be pretty accurate with my family...I have 3 sisters and all of us have at least one child (actually that's kind of funny too b/c one has 4 kids, one has 3, one has 2 and I have one currently.) Anyway, all of us had girls first and they came slightly early (38-39ish weeks) and all the second babies have been boys born after 40 weeks. We're just waiting for this boy to show up to see if the pattern continues and I honestly don't feel or think that I will be going into labor anytime soon (37w2d already!)

I wish we birthed like our mothers! My mom is one of those who had practically non-existent labors. She said when she had her first she can remember thinking that if she wasn't pregnant she would have thought her period was about to start for that she felt the contractions-instead she ended up birthing an 8lb frank breech baby. The only that saved her from a c/s was the fact that she didn't know she was in labor and showed up at the hospital pushing. She almost had my next sister in the elevator going up to L&D...now she says she should have just stayed home, lol! So far none of the 4 of us have been so lucky to have labors like that.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#48 of 59 Old 01-09-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
do we know if our mothers' experiences have any bearing on it? probably not huh.
I am not sure, but in my case there is a strong/weird family history of going before 40 weeks. Could it be coincidence, or a genetic link? My mom had her two kids between 36-38 weeks, my grandma had her 3 kids between 35-38 weeks. Ds was born at 38 weeks. It's all up in the air with this baby too but *so far* I'm 36.5 weeks, the baby has dropped very low, I'm having nausea, back pain, menstrual-like cramping and frequent BH. Maybe she'll be 2 weeks late and hang in there until V-Day, or maybe I'll end up with a January baby.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#49 of 59 Old 01-09-2008, 11:56 PM

I had three girls and none of them came early. LOL

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#50 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 02:55 PM

I guess timing will remain a mystery until the day and i should just stop trying to guess what will happen So hard..
#51 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 06:39 PM

I'm due with my first February 14th and was sure I wouldn't have him early, and probably late. However, I think he's coming sooner that expected due to bleeding this morning. . .
#52 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishWSU View Post
I was convinced I'd go late with DD just because she was my first. So much so that I didn't actually believe I was in real labor until I was having contractions 2 minutes apart and I was 6 cms! I kept think that since it was still before my EDD {39w 4d!} that is was just practice labor and it would go away.
I pretty much thought the same thing, although my labor started one day after the due date. That still didn't seem late enough to me. I think it was better to have the baby earlier than I expected than to expect to be early or right on time and go weeks late.
#53 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 08:48 PM

Yeah, it is funny how it is best to just let it go. You can go crazy with the guessing games, and there is just no way to know.

DS was born the day I hit 39 weeks. But, for some reason, I see myself going closer to the actual 40 week mark. Or, possibly I am in denial that this baby could come any sooner than the middle of Feb, because I just don't see how I can be ready to go by then!

I had never heard the "early with girls" old-wives tale, but my mom went much earlier with my sister and I than she did with my brother, even though he was her 3rd birth. This one is a girl...so we shall just have to wait and see!!
#54 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 10:11 PM

I'm due on Feb 29th! So I might even go until March!
#55 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph117 View Post
I'm due on Feb 29th! So I might even go until March!
hey, that's my edd, too!!! Wouldn't it be fun to have leap year as a birthday?

i think that i will be earlier than that though. are you thinking that you'll really be in march?

#56 of 59 Old 01-11-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
hey, that's my edd, too!!! Wouldn't it be fun to have leap year as a birthday?

i think that i will be earlier than that though. are you thinking that you'll really be in march?

I think it would be an awesome birthday! We'll see what the little one thinks. I have absolutely no clue when I'll actually go - I certainly hope it's not a great deal earlier than the EDD, because I need my last few weeks to clean house & feel "prepared" (inasmuch as that's possible)....
#57 of 59 Old 01-11-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph117 View Post
I think it would be an awesome birthday! We'll see what the little one thinks. I have absolutely no clue when I'll actually go - I certainly hope it's not a great deal earlier than the EDD, because I need my last few weeks to clean house & feel "prepared" (inasmuch as that's possible)....
I know what you mean. I still need to make a trip out to the little shed and find a few baby things. Plus, my friend just had a baby and is using a lot of our dipes and clothes. Her babe was almost 10 lbs at birth though so some of it i can get back now!

#58 of 59 Old 01-11-2008, 02:57 PM

It's great to see that there will most likeley be ladies left here with me, ! This is my first baby and I have no idea if my sister and I were born early or late...BUT, based on ovulation, I'm due 2/19. I thought I would have a leap year baby but now DH and I are putting our energy towards the 26th. DH's grandfather died last month and that was his birthday, as is DH's dad. I think the 26th would be a nice touch.

If this baby girl comes early, I'll be shocked! I don't know why I haven't considered an early arrival but the thought hadn't entered my consciousness - yikes, I guess I should get started on finishing up getting everything I need !
#59 of 59 Old 01-11-2008, 06:41 PM

I'm due 2/10, but I feel like I'm going to be a week early for some reason. Still a Feb. baby. I was induced at 41 weeks w/DS. I just hope to go into labor naturally this time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page