Lost my mucus plug just now. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Holy cow that was shocking. I have never lost my mucus plug with either of my other 2 pregnancies. I don't even know what to say right now. I mean I know if doesn't mean I will go into labor right now but whoooo hooooo! The body is getting ready.

Hope this isn't too much for anyone but I have to post the pics. Anyone who knows much about mucus plugs? Was this the whole thing or is there still more to come?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/skab03/mucus1.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 12:33 PM

I think I lost part of mine a 1-2 weeks before labor and then lost a LARGE amount 1-2 days before labor.

You never know when labor will really kick in, but it's a good sign that your body is doing it's thing!
#3 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 12:38 PM

That is larger than when I lost my whole plug. Good luck!

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#4 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 12:42 PM

Carlito's wife, I think I might have to laugh out loud if this baby comes on it's own BEFORE everyone gets there!!! ANyway, they can come in part or in whole. I never actually lost mine, well, that 's not entirely true, when I entered into "transition" with Rachel our littlest DD, I squatted to get things going and my water broke and along with it came a blob of bloody goo. That would be an example of all at once!

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

#5 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 02:01 PM

Almost there, mama! I hope baby waits until your husband is back though.. And, as for you question.. It looked pretty whole to me, but it can/will replinish itself so you might have more later. I've been loosing bits since 25 weeks or so, with a few days ago being the most (maybe dime size). I am also at 3 cm or so and having prodominal labor every night, all night (and the mucous keeps coming).

Hope you're doing well!

Sara

::::

Mama to Katie- 6, Sophia:- 3, and Soren:- edd 2/12/08

mischievous.gif
#6 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Wow I am so excited. I keep telling myself I won't go into labor anytime soon because now I am so excited and it's all I think about. I bust out with the stop watch every BH. LOL. But I know plenty of people who have lost it and didn't go into labor for weeks.

However friends and family are all telling me they lost theirs days before the onset of labor.

I told DH this morning and though I felt bad because he was clearly dissappointed at the thought of not being here I just couldn't stop smiling. Suddenly a solo labor is not scarey at all. I am so overcome by joy and anticipation. I have never had a natural labor or lost my mucus plug or anything like that. Even though this is not my first child I feel like I am really experiencing something new right now.
#7 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 03:13 PM

YAY you're getting close, and the mucus plug can replenish itself so it may keep coming back out, just fyi
#8 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 03:15 PM

hooray! you showed that doc!
#9 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 04:35 PM

hey no budging! there are a ton of jan. mommas who are still waiting for their babies!!!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#10 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 05:28 PM

Okay, I cannot bring myself to look at the pic
#11 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 05:57 PM

i'm glad you posted the pic... it's not that gross. but then again, i'm fascinated by placentas so i guess a mucous plug could be kinda nasty....

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#12 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 07:33 PM

Holy cow, mama, that's an incredibly clean toilet

Fern, you have to stay pregnant so that your little girl can be my little boy's transatlantic twin this time. Didn't you know that's what she's waiting for?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#13 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 07:33 PM

haha, I'm glad you posted it too! This being my first time, I love getting to see what I might be experiencing soon!

Blessed to be married to my awesome husband since 2006.
Mama to Aidan Robert (Valentine's Day 2008) and Cora Ruth (3-13-2010) :
#14 of 20 Old 01-15-2008, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I will be the voice of dissension among your relatives and friends and tell you that I'm wishing you easy labor vibes! My mucus plug went at 33weeks and 2 days later, my water broke and less than 36hours later, my baby was born. So good luck!

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#15 of 20 Old 01-16-2008, 01:08 AM

Wow that's a lot of mucus, lol! I can't comment about whether it looks like the whole thing or not-mine came out all day as I labored with DD, not as a big blog. But at least it means something's going on with your cervix.

I hope your LO stays put until you DH can gets home!

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#16 of 20 Old 01-16-2008, 05:45 AM

Oh, erm, sorry, I just had a thought. Didn't you have an internal exam yesterday? You cheated This could mean that the mucus came out to get rid of the doctors icky nasty germs and negative thoughts, or as a response to stimulation, as well as the possibility that labour is imminent...

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#17 of 20 Old 01-16-2008, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Oh, erm, sorry, I just had a thought. Didn't you have an internal exam yesterday? You cheated This could mean that the mucus came out to get rid of the doctors icky nasty germs and negative thoughts, or as a response to stimulation, as well as the possibility that labour is imminent...
You know, I was going to say something exactally along those lines!!
#18 of 20 Old 01-16-2008, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, you know I read that lastnight that a pelvic can cause it to dislodge. After reading that I am sure that is what happened. Don't know if that is good bad or means nothing but I am very sure it was from the appointment and labor is no closer than it was last week.

Oh well..... a little disappointed but at least I can tell DH some good news. He will get to be here after all.
#19 of 20 Old 01-16-2008, 10:31 AM

Well, no- Skye was induced with a hefty number of gentle internal exams coupled with a horrific amount of sex

#20 of 20 Old 01-16-2008, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Well, no- Skye was induced with a hefty number of gentle internal exams coupled with a horrific amount of sex
I really do have a feeling that when DH gets here I will be in labor within days if not hours lol. I think just losing my mucus plug is not too very signifigant to my cervix but the tons of DTD that will undoubtedly occur moments after Dh arrives home will trigger something.

I have actually come to terms with babe waiting because though it took me overnight to realize, she has to wait or DH and I won't get to DTD on his leave lol. Suddenly that is taking priority.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page