Never been so exhausted - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-29-2008, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I left to go to a birth last night around 6:30pm, and got home this morning at about 11:00am. I cannot believe how utterly exhausted I am! Usually missing a night of sleep is doable, as long as I get a nap in for an hour or two. But I just can't do that right now! I even had to leave before we did the newborn exam because I truly felt like I might collapse. I got to take a nap for a few hours, but then dh had to go work for a bit, and I really don't feel much better for the sleep. I can't wait for him to get home!

And then, the smell of the placenta was SO strong to me! It usually doesn't bother me at all, and of course the one time it does, the mom wants to have a raw placenta smoothie. :Puke Guess who got to blend that one up. Thank goodness I won't have to do that again for awhile!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 01-29-2008, 07:46 PM

awwww *hugs*

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#3 of 10 Old 01-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Dea

so not to make you gag again, but what was in the raw placenta smoothie, because I want one, but dunno what to put in it.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#4 of 10 Old 01-29-2008, 08:46 PM

i'm going to have a bag of frozen strawberries and berry mix, but i don't know what else i would put in there either. ::

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#5 of 10 Old 01-29-2008, 09:09 PM

Poor mama! Let your dh take care of you tonight! Hope you get rested and feeling better soon!
#6 of 10 Old 01-29-2008, 09:19 PM

I hope you get a good night sleep tonight mama, I know I need one and I am hardly doing anything... well, actually wrangling cats, I mean kids... I get bursts of energy, but for the most part, I am exhausted too.

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

#7 of 10 Old 01-30-2008, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea View Post
so not to make you gag again, but what was in the raw placenta smoothie, because I want one, but dunno what to put in it.
I'm done gagging now. It was just the smell, and the act of using a steak knife to cut up someone else's placenta! She just wanted a banana, frozen blueberries, frozen strawberries, and spirulina. And the obvious ingredient. She said it tasted like a regular smoothie.
#8 of 10 Old 01-30-2008, 12:54 PM

Applecore, just reading about it makes me tired! I think if I were a birth attendant it would be such a thing to really wear me out. And here you are this far along and pregnant! I hope you get some wonderful rest! You deserve it!

signature currently in transition
#9 of 10 Old 01-30-2008, 02:49 PM

Are you a midwife or a doula? I can totally understand, I was working as a midwife up until the time I had DS. One of my colleagues was a pretty big slacker, she came in late, was always sick and I always ended up picking up the slack. I thought I was gonna die of exhaustion by the end of my pregnancy, and here she was, scheduling conferences that I would have to cover her for and whatnot during my 39th week. Luckily, I went into labor at 37 weeks and was given a reprieve.
#10 of 10 Old 01-30-2008, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the sympathy, ladies. I got some good sleep last night, and feel much better today.

Zulupetalz, I'm a midwifery apprentice. So I do have a responsibility to be there, but my mentor is really understanding, and was fine with me leaving before her. I can't imagine being this far along and being the primary!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page