Daily Check in!! Feb 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-02-2008, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Goood mawnin' everyone! Happy Groundhogs day, or Merry Imbolc/Candlemas or whatever you want to call today.

Not a whole lot going on here. 38w6d and up very early this morn. It's 6 now and I've been up for at least 1.5 hours. I kep having dreams last night that I had a teenytiny baby and a bunch of dolls and couldn't find my baby - kept getting it lost in the dolls, heh. And then I couldn't nurse because I wasn't sure how and plus no one left me alone, only to find out it was a doll I was trying to nurse, so I'd start looking for the real baby again. Oh these dreams are just getting wierdo!

signature currently in transition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2008, 09:13 AM

Hello! It's 10ish pm here, so I've been up a loooong time. Yesterday was my due date, so now I'm officially "overdue". I'm having a feeling that baby will be staying put for another week or so, but who knows?

I've been going through all kinds of drama trying to line up a Rhogam shot for after my UC, which is occupying my thoughts a great deal. Hopefully, I will be able to come up with some kind of solution in the next few days. :
Old 02-02-2008, 09:20 AM

I'm with Teeny today, I've been up since 4am and it's about 6:20 now. I'm at 38 weeks today, so I'm officially full term, WOO HOOOOO! I still think I have about 2.5 weeks to go (or more!). I'm getting a huge belly, the baby is still active and overall I'm feeling pretty good. I have my good and bad days but I really should not be complaining....much .

Yesterday I had to take the day off from work because I was in emergency nesting mode. I realized with only two weeks to go and being officially full term, I still have a lot to get done. I spent 12 hours running around taking care of "to dos". I still have plenty to do here at home but most of the running around errands are done - including taxes, YEEEEE HAWWW!
Old 02-02-2008, 09:28 AM

I've been up since 330a - 400a too! And it's 530am now. Stinks not being able to go back to sleep. I'm 37.5wks and I hope I don't get much bigger! Seems like baby is quite big enough as it is! Wonder when she'll come out.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:24 AM

Slept fairly well, but I am definitely still hanging in here! 26 days to go.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Old 02-02-2008, 11:28 AM

I'm still here, but not doing so well. Had irregular contractions half the night that kept me up, but then they went away about 2am. Tried to sleep but dh and dd were both snoring. DD was in our bed because she is sick, so I went to her room and struggled for a few hours to get comfy on her twin bed. Now I have a headache and I'm swollen. Off to take a nap and then go check my bp at CVS just to make sure I'm okay, because I had a crappy day yesterday.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:30 AM

37w1d.
i've been up for a couple hours, too! baby is having a really hard time finding a comfortable spot and will not be still.

other than the hugeness of this child and my pelvis barely hanging on, i have no reason to believe i'll be delivering any time soon.

Rachel. Devoted wife and joyful mama to Beatrice June(2/25/08) and Leona Agnes (8/10/10).
Old 02-02-2008, 11:53 AM

36w+5.

I've been up since 5am (still trying to get the jet lag out of my system...) Must be something in the air for all of us to have trouble sleeping.

Quote:
other than the hugeness of this child and my pelvis barely hanging on, i have no reason to believe i'll be delivering any time soon.
I'm with you there! I don't know if the bottom of my pelvis is just giving up on me, or if the baby has beaten it to the point where it is now, but I am SORE high in the groin area (in the bones/muscles). I randomly feel pressure throughout the day, but no contractions to speak of.

Single WAHM to 5yo DD, 2yo DS, and forever 7 week old angel DD.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:17 PM

37w2d

Got up to pee 3 times with a sore back and/or hip. Slept in until 7:15am. Thought I had some crampy feelings at some point during the night, but I may have dreamed it.

Feeling good. Tater Tot was extremely active yesterday and kicking the crap out of me.

Belly keeps dropping and getting bigger. I have a total of 3 pairs of pants that still fit me, and the waistbands are getting tight. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can hang on!

Working on my homebirth labor music this morning. Trying to decide on an all natural crib mattress. Need to revise my list of to-do's for the weekend. There's still quite a bit to get done!
Old 02-02-2008, 12:18 PM

38w3d here, I was just thinking today that the baby must be playing games. He dropped awhile ago, and I had been having a lot of contractions for the last 3 weeks, but now they have mostly stopped. He has been moving around a lot in the last few days.

got checked and we are soft and squishy and 1cm, so hopefully we are more so when we go in on Thurs.

I am sort of couch ridden, pretty much no more work for me b/c of my foot. Nothing is really helping it, the Tylenol takes the edge off, and resting helps. I was going to start my leave on Monday but my body has other plans. I just wish I could do stuff around the house. I some how have to get up to the office to pay the rent, pick up the mail, and a package today before 3pm. if I start now it may take that long.

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:44 PM

36.4 weeks
Today is a okay day. baby being good LOL Hes moving but gently so far and not stretching thats the worst now. I have not had contractions yet today and got some rest. I am so achey in the back and pelvic area but I can rest so I'm okay with that lol
I think i have probably at least 3 more weeks.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:48 PM

39w 6d. I thought last night could be the night, lost a blood streaked mucus plug and had lots of contractions last night but it never turned into labor. We are ready to go whenever this baby is. Unfortunately DH and I both have things to go to today and I'll be about 45" from home with our DD and he'll be about an hour away. I REALLY hope I don't go into labor this afternoon! This evening would be fine though!

We slept really poorly too. All 3 of us, we pretty much just dozed on an off all night, not feeling my most rested and probably won't get a nap today so of course I'll be going into labor! :

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:56 PM

some leg cramping when i woke up this morning...baby is content in my belly! absolutely no impending labor.

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:02 PM

38w4d here. My entire crotch area is swollen, which makes it hard to get up from any position. I am still working (am at work today), but next week is my last week. Yay!
Looking on the bright side, I am SOOO happy that it has been a very mild winter here in Philly so far. I just checked the weather forecast and there is no snow or ice expected up until my due date. I take public transit and have to walk a lot (up and down stairs to the subway, etc), so I was really worried about slipping on ice. Hasn't been a problem--whew!!!

I can't wait until I have feeling back in my fingertips (major carpal tunnel). I was rummaging around in my bag/purse and I had the hardest time finding my keys and phone because I can't really feel anything.:

librarian mommy (34) to DD (2/08), expecting a BOY in early spring 2011
Old 02-02-2008, 01:03 PM

Morning mamas! No impending labor here either...I was so sure today would be the day (its my great-grandmother's birthday) but I'm not feeling like it...

Had a cervical check the other day and only a fingertip dilated, cervix is posterior (which I asked if that is a sign of anything and she said not really), and cervix is soft but still pretty thick...

I had already given birth to ds at this point in his pregnancy (38 weeks) and its sort of strange to still be pregnant...everyone was telling me that 2nd ones usually come earlier...but I'm looking forward to a nice chubby baby if I go full term or over...

sleep is good except for getting up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and feeling so stiff and sore that I can barely waddle there...and feeling like I have a bowling ball between my legs all the time...

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

Old 02-02-2008, 01:17 PM

37 weeks 1 day

I feel like I have everything done- just saving a last sewing project because I don't run out of things to do and go crazy! Gonna start that on Tuesday- just making burp cloths and breast pads.

I don't feel any different- this is my first one so dont really know what to expect aside from birth stories in Ina May's Spiritual Midwifery and Natural Guide to Childbirth. So according to those I am expecting to get all high on life and be outside tripping when the labor starts then I'll get ready for the 'rushes'. I am so excited for this challenge of birthing. I am feeling like I can do anything in life now that I have gotten this far and will be delivering naturally.

My best girlfriend is gonna take some pregnancy pictures of me today near a waterfall or other beautiful spot here in the Blue Ridge Mountains- supposed to get up to 60degrees today!
Old 02-02-2008, 01:41 PM

38 weeks, 2 days.
At the office on Wed, was 3 cm dilated and close to 75% effaced, so I assume I am somewhere around that still.

Got a good night's sleep last night (THANK YOU G*D), and thinking of all of you who didn't! Also went to a movie with a friend last night, it was great to get out one last time before things get crazy with a newborn here.

Not many ctx and no cramping or anything last night or this morning, so I still feel like it might be a little while, but I know that it could technically be any time...we'll see what the next few days bring! Wouldn't mind making it to Wed, at the least. We'll see!
Old 02-02-2008, 01:54 PM

37w5d, and my word this child is getting large! I truly can't imagine how there is room in there - everyplace I touch on belly is solid baby! DH took some pics last night - we are both daily amused at just how much belly there is! No cervix checks here, just going to wait until something keeps happening.

Definitely having menstrual-style cramps daily, lots of "hard spots" (Braxton-Hicks) especially when I get up & move around at all. Sleep is ok, woke up around 4:30 this morning until 6 and then back to sleep for an hour. I've finally learned to more or less stay asleep when i get up to go to the bathroom; just in time?
Old 02-02-2008, 01:55 PM

I'm 38 weeks today! Baby is very comfy in there, I'm thinking it will be another 3-4 weeks.

I'm finally starting to feel somewhat ready, the house is in order, the car seat base is installed in my car, all the baby stuff is washed. If I could only finish all of the knitting that I wish I felt motiviated to do.

I slept really good (considering the 5-6 BR trips) last night. I got up at 9am!
Old 02-02-2008, 01:56 PM

36+ weeks here. I was nesting like a madwoman yesterday, and way overdid it. My entire pelvis feels like it's falling apart. I felt like a rotisserie chicken last night- I think I had to switch sides about 15 times. As much as it hurts, I know from my other two pregnancies that it will go away almost immediately after birth, so I think I can handle it pretty well. I know I won't be pregnant forever!

I've been getting ctx (really intense, crampy ones) every evening for a few hours before bed, so maybe that's the time I'll actually go into labor. It would be nice to have this baby after the kids fall asleep- they talk constantly, and I know I won't want to hear it while in labor!
Old 02-02-2008, 02:06 PM

39 weeks 4 days...Yesterday had alot of contractions, thought maybe they would keep on going, but they kinda peetered out while I was I sleeping. Got up every hour or more to pee, soooo getting tired of that. Been having contractions today as well, but I don't know if that means baby today or tomorrow or next week. I'm content either way, although last night while I was trying to sleep I was totally psyching myself out, not wanting to do the whole labor/birth thing. I just tried to repeat postive affirmations to encourage myself. Feeling tired still this morning, DEFINITELY going to take a nap today.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:07 PM

: Yeah for bloody show! : I'm thinking this baby will make an appearance in the next day or so. Tomorrow is my edd so that would be pretty cool!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:18 PM

36w1d here. Happily, no sign of labor at all, yet, though my uterus was practicin' a lot yesterday - had a busy B-H evening:
Steph's uterus: "Hey! Has it been 10 minutes? Let me try that thing again where I get really, really hard, that's fun!"
The baby was probably thinking, "Uhhh...can we maybe stop with that?" Well, maybe not. Maybe it's fun for the baby. Who knows...it was a little weird for me though! I don't usually have a LOT of them like that. So I drank a lot more water, just in case it had to do with dehydration, & I think things did calm down some after that.

It's so neat that every day now I can check into this board & meet a new baby...babies!! YAAAAAAAAY!

Only 4 more days of work til maternity leave starts & I am starting to count by the minute, I gotta tellya.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:28 PM

39w5d

This little one is feeling pretty secure. Had my mw apt on Thursday and she did a stretch and sweep and said that my cervix was still far back, I was dilated one cm and that it was soft. I've been taking caulophyllum for a week now but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

So, going to go out for a nice long walk with my dog today (and ds and dp) and hope that helps some. I really wanted to go yesterday, but there was a huge storm and it was too : and I didn't want to chance it with the ice.

My mom is coming on Monday for two weeks to help out, so I'm really hoping the baby comes and I can get all that wonderful time while my mom is here.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:30 PM

I'm here too...hoping to hold out until my in-laws arrive tomorrow afternoon. My mother has been staying with us since Friday ( I was scheduled for an emergency inversion but fortunately My Little One moved ) and she is beginning to bug me. She wants complete control of my children and considers me and my mothering inappropriate on many levels. Last night and this morning my boys ( 6 and 3 ) had 2 hours of very strict and structured work book lessons. We don't homeschool and I firmly believe that weekends are times for kids to be kids. But, her philosophy is that children need to be learning every waking moment. Well, it made me rebel why not try to see if my children will do the same. Please forgive me, I do love my mom but, she makes me very uncomfortable...fortunately, I've blocked most of my childhood. Anyway, at just about 38 weeks, I feel that I'm pretty much ready. I'm beginning to get a little scared about labor again. I have decided to go against my private birth and have invited my MIL to join my husband and me. Since they are flying across the country and are getting older ( they don't look or act mid to late 70's ) I thought it would be a nice gesture to include her. She's actually quite honored to attend the birth of her first born's baby...even though it's his second. Did that make sense??? So, a bit a rambling maybe caused by sleep deprevation or just overload of pregnancy hormones.
I hope everyone is hanging in there and resting as comfortably as possible.
Easy Labors and Happy Birthing Wishes to everyone!

gerlassie
Old 02-02-2008, 02:48 PM

38w3d here ... I really thought last night might be the start of something. I had contractions in for five or six hours, but they didn't go anywhere and eventually petered out some time after I went to bed. I'm not feeling today like anything is imminent, but then, I never do, so ...

At-home mom to a teenager, an infant, and three in between!
Old 02-02-2008, 03:49 PM

It really is nice to be in the same boat with so many great women.
Yesterday was my due date, and I really thought last weekend I would go into labor. I am starting to feel like it will never happen. My son was a week early so I just assumed. Probably a good thing because he has been really fussy and sick this whole week, and we havent gotten any sleep.
Hope everyone has a great, restful Sat.
Sarah
Old 02-02-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerlassie View Post
I'm here too...hoping to hold out until my in-laws arrive tomorrow afternoon. My mother has been staying with us since Friday ( I was scheduled for an emergency inversion but fortunately My Little One moved ) and she is beginning to bug me. She wants complete control of my children and considers me and my mothering inappropriate on many levels. Last night and this morning my boys ( 6 and 3 ) had 2 hours of very strict and structured work book lessons. We don't homeschool and I firmly believe that weekends are times for kids to be kids. But, her philosophy is that children need to be learning every waking moment. Well, it made me rebel why not try to see if my children will do the same. Please forgive me, I do love my mom but, she makes me very uncomfortable...fortunately, I've blocked most of my childhood. Anyway, at just about 38 weeks, I feel that I'm pretty much ready. I'm beginning to get a little scared about labor again. I have decided to go against my private birth and have invited my MIL to join my husband and me. Since they are flying across the country and are getting older ( they don't look or act mid to late 70's ) I thought it would be a nice gesture to include her. She's actually quite honored to attend the birth of her first born's baby...even though it's his second. Did that make sense??? So, a bit a rambling maybe caused by sleep deprevation or just overload of pregnancy hormones.
I hope everyone is hanging in there and resting as comfortably as possible.
Easy Labors and Happy Birthing Wishes to everyone!

gerlassie
That's too bad about your mom! The only way I can have anyone here is if they are helpful, going through labour and running after my 3 year old means I'm going to be honest...not enough time for sugar coating. But, luckily I have a mom that will listen if I said back off, or we do it this way. Same with MIL who will be with us at the end of the month. So, I always feel for ppl in a difficult parental situation, it can be so awkward! I really hope things work out for you
Old 02-02-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamama11 View Post
It really is nice to be in the same boat with so many great women.
Yesterday was my due date, and I really thought last weekend I would go into labor. I am starting to feel like it will never happen. My son was a week early so I just assumed. Probably a good thing because he has been really fussy and sick this whole week, and we havent gotten any sleep.
Hope everyone has a great, restful Sat.
Sarah
Im with you Sarah!!!!!!! I have truly thought (since about July) that this baby would be born in January. My ds was born pretty much on his due date, and I've really thought this whole pregnancy that this baby would be early. Oh well.
Apparently (according to my mom) I was two weeks late, and she was induced...(I was the second, after my brother who was born pretty much on his due date)...so here's hoping history does NOT repeat itself!
Old 02-02-2008, 05:00 PM

37w1d

Just tired. Last two nights I seem to wake up every 2 hours or so. I either have to pee, or i'm too hot and sweaty or babe has her fit kicking up under my ribs. Definately will take a nap this afternoon.

No signs of anything, babe is still up pretty high. But that is ok with me, I told her anytime after Feb 15 is good, but not before then. LOL. We will see if she listens to her mama!

User Tag List