Daily check-in! Feb 3rd - Mothering Forums

#1 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey all! Another day, another baby...isn't that how the saying goes? So, who's gonna arrive today?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 09:29 AM

I'm alive but barely LOL
I am hurting today Pressure when I walk and back pain I am feeling so huge I can make it 4 weeks right that would put me 40.5 weeks LOL
#3 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 10:02 AM

I'm still here and feeling okay. I'm pretty sure I have keep this baby in til very close to my due date and that's fine. My dh and little kids are all sick and I don't want to give birth til the house is free of these nasty germs.

#4 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 10:17 AM

I am here.. We had bad pains last night.. but I am fine. Getting tireder and tireder. I ahve lots to do today tooo.. blah.

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#5 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 10:20 AM

February 3rd already?? Somehow in my head, time stopped when we hit February 1. I woke up that morning, and each since, thinking, "16 days to my due date." Yipes! Time is going to keep moving forward, isn't it?

Trying so hard not to fall into the "counting the days" trap but it's hard on weekends, when I don't have "the grind" to distract me. Sooooo much to do at work, this is our big week of starting to build our new Web site, so lots of training time, and in the midst of all that, I have to start transitioning a lot of stuff over to my coworkers. The hard part is that this is a new role for the company, and I haven't been able to build a lot of the process stuff yet because there will be nothing to build around until April, really. It leaves me feeling very discombobulated in terms of passing stuff off cleaning. But what can you do?

Feeling fine, except for this darn cold. I'm going to have the doc listen to my lungs tomorrow to make sure it's not turning into bronchitis or pneumonia.

Babe has been moving less the last couple days. Is that normal this late, as s/he runs out of room?
#6 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 10:38 AM

Ugh, I have a nasty cold too. The whole house has it in different levels! But let's get just get it done now so we have a moderately healthy home for baby to come into! Had a great dream about Luke Wilson last night, very nice dream! And I'm not even a big fan of his.

My home visit is today!!!! I'm so excited, not yet counting days, but I ate something last night that made me think I was having contractions at midnight, but then I pooped them out!

I am exhausted, dc's are already driving me nuts!

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

#7 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 10:38 AM

Still here, still pregnant.

Got some okay sleep last night. Woke up at 6am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Just watched some TV and waited until DH woke up. DH has been nesting a lot lately. He repainted the bathroom and replaced a few fixtures (to make it look brighter), bought some much needed frames for some art prints that we are putting in the nursery, and will be soon be replacing (unless baby comes) our laundry sink in the basement. Our old one is very old (80+ years) and doesn't drain well anymore. He also bought me a sprayer for CDing. Such a sweetie!

I would like to do some nesting as well, but it is more difficult with the carpal tunnel. I broke down and am wearing wrist splints today. I can still type, but can't really pick up anything heavy, and definitely not anything fragile.

Oh, and I think we may do out taxes today. Yay, what fun!:

librarian mommy (34) to DD (2/08), expecting a BOY in early spring 2011
#8 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Still here!

We're due around the 13th. Friday was my last day of work and I'm looking forward to some time spent with my toddler and some time to get everything ready before William makes an appearance.

My Mom arrives on Thursday. All the little ducks are falling into line!

I feel really great for being this far along. I'm so excited aboutt he birth! reading lots of beautiful birth stories and feeling a little like I'm studying for a final exam. *grin*

Best wishes to everyone,
Jenny
#9 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 11:08 AM

I am still here as well. Due date is the 6th, so it can't be too much longer right? Been sleeping really crappy-ily the last few nights. Been having contractions off and on, so not comfortable anymore. Also feeling alot of pressure on cervix/bottom. Trying to keep positive outlook though so I am not stressed out...

got my diaper delivery on Monday, very cool. i was a bit excited, I really hope this goes smoothly for me and dh.
#10 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 11:08 AM

I slept a bit better last night, and get this- I didn't have to get up to pee once! It's been getting less frequent over the last month, and I'm not doing anything differently. It's like my bladder capacity has increased or something. Weird.

I was cleaning out my old closet to move my clothes to our new bedroom and found a maternity shirt and cute little dress that I forgot I had picked up. So I'm going to be able to wear something new today! Wow, what a thrill! Anyone else getting really tired of wearing the same clothes?
#11 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 11:09 AM

Jenny, I kind of get the "final exam" vibe too! To bad you never know when it will be scheduled.

Slgt, as long as babe is moving, I do think it's normal to have things become a little less pronounced when there is no more room. Mine has had less of the gigantic movements, but I can still feel her moving all the time.

Still doing well here. Woke up this morning grateful for another good night's sleep(minus the bathroom trips, of course). My heart goes out to everyone who isn't getting good sleep. I am SO hoping for a day labor this time.

38 weeks, 3 days. We'll see how much longer I make it! Glad I missed "Groundhog Day" though...what a strange holiday...wouldn't want it be this little one's birthday!
#12 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 11:25 AM

I am still here too 40+1 weeks . Nothing going on here except 2 squirley boys that are making me crazy!
#13 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 11:39 AM

i'm here.. feel crappy, but not in the labor kinda of way.

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#14 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 11:52 AM

I never have to get up to pee in the middle of the night unless I forgot to go before bedtime. But I wish I did, I'm waking up every hour ANYWAY and having to pee would give that waking a little meaning.

37.5 weeks, can't get comfortable, can't sleep, can't focus on anything. But don't get me wrong, for some reason I'm in a great mood

My rocking chair arrived from Overstock.com yesterday and my mate is going to put it together. I hope it's comfy; I actually wanted a glider, but when you marry an artist, sometimes things are not allowed into the house for aesthetic reasons

Mama to EG, Mate to MD, Writer, Editor, International Jewel Thief.
#15 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 12:14 PM

37+2 here. Feeling great for being so far along. Can't wait to meet this baby though.

My husband and I are apart so that I can give birth in the US- a waterbirth with midwives. We keep in touch everyday with text messages and emails but have only talked on the phone 3 or so times since I left on Dec.16. I am thinking of getting an international phone card and calling him today- he has called me all three times so I am thinking of surprising him. I miss him so so much, but thankfully this is America and there are plenty of things in a day to keep me occupied

At my last appt I was 1cm but not effaced at all. I'm not planning to get any more checks but am taking 1gram of evening primrose oil 3X/day to help get things going in the right direction. Hope it works- I don't want to think about being away from my husband if this baby decides to be real late.

To distract myself today I am burning a bunch of cd's that my girlfriend picked out for me- mostly reggae and some hip hop- oh how I love some Snoop Dogg. Calling husband and I have a childbirth class with my Mom (my birth partner!) at 4:00pm. And my hour long walk around this lake here in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains- gonna be 60 degrees again today!

My Mom says that whenever we conceived baby is around the time he will be born so that means that my baby would be born in the AM- we were TTC and DH was on the way out the door to work- I pulled him back into bed and told him I was fertile... And then baby!
#16 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 12:20 PM

I'm here...

Starting to get a cold. DH and DS have been battling colds or allergies. Hopefully we'll all be better soon.

Tired of being pregnant, but forcing myself to face the reality that this kid doesn't have an eviction date so he'll come out whenever he's ready. That's a good thing Sarah...I say.

I get to spend the day alone with ds while everyone either works (DH) or goes to a Superbowl party (my family.) No one wants to give the pregnant lady a break! Ahh well. Hopefully DS will be happy and easy to deal with today and I won't be tempted to get my pump out and try to force this kid out....lol

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#17 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 12:27 PM

I"m getting a cold too. I so don't want to be sick! DH leaves again today, my sis is only here til Tues....so that means I get to be sick AND pregnant AND alone. FUN!

I need to order my belly cast kit and take some pictures of my belly with the family. Once those are done I'll feel ready to have the baby. I can't wait to have the baby!! I'm done feeling sore and walking around like I'm 96.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#18 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I love hearing about the day to day with all you mamas! Good idea to start these threads!

I hope everyone who is sick/has sick kids feels better soon. That seems to be the tricky thing about being pregnant and having babies this time of year...ds and I have had a few runny noses but nothing enough to make us feel bad.

Last night I got up to pee 6 times because of all the pelvic pressure and cramping. dp and I dtd before bed and I think that had something to do with it....part of me wants to just take a long walk and dtd again to see what will happen but part of me wants to take it easy and enjoy being pregnant a little longer...before I have 2 kiddos and more chaos!

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#19 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 01:31 PM

Dee dee dee dee! I'm so excited, my SIL who was due Feb 10th, same as I am, went into labor today. They were going to induce her Tuesday (due to size ), but my mom got a call from my brother, he said "i'm freakin' out, I'm freakin' out! I'm on my way from work and she's having contractions four minutes apart!" YAY! Funny because my bro is such a football fan. My mom thinks the baby wants to watch the game with his daddy!

As for me, all is about the same. I measured 40 cms at the MW appt yesterday, and a week from today I am due. But, I think today will be a postpaartum cookie baking day. Some for me, some for my SIL and some for a friend who recently had twins. (We shall see, I"m not the best on follow through). I made some witch hazel and comfrey tea frozen pads last night, and we installed the carseat base. Ok, maybe I am getting into gear a little!

signature currently in transition
#20 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 01:59 PM

40 weeks today

Well I'm still here and pregnant. I'm pretty sure I mentally shut labor down yesterday (bloody show and contractions) so we could go to a birthday party and see family and then it strted back up later in the evening but when I talked to my MW she was sick with a nasty stomach bug so I stopped again. Now I have no idea when things will start back up. I feel weird right now though and didn't sleep well last night. Who knows.......
#21 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 02:22 PM

here.
37w2d

still pregnant. nothing to report...other than the urgency to get everything ready and stay close to home. the novelty of pregnancy is really starting to wear off.

Rachel. Devoted wife and joyful mama to Beatrice June(2/25/08) and Leona Agnes (8/10/10).
#22 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 02:56 PM

4 days from my edd and hanging in there. Getting INCREDIBLY frustrated with my dh for just about everything (not putting his clothes away like I've asked him to do for the past WEEK....eating my 2 slices of pizza that I didn't want for dinner yesterday and was saving for lunch today - and eating them today while I was at church with ALL FOUR KIDS because he was "too sick" to go ... ) and really just wanting to give birth so I can get a break! : I love being in labor and birthing and am looking forward to it - and to meeting this mysterious little one. I have a midwife appointment tomorrow afternoon ...not looking forward to the hour drive to get there. Maybe I'll go into labor tonight and won't have to go tomorrow ... I can dream, can't I? :P
#23 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 03:33 PM

Well, I'm here, but I'm not pregnant! Hehehe! I will have to go start my own thread soon, but, man, I'm a slow typer right now!!! nnak (nursing newborn at keyboard)
#24 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 03:34 PM

still here...39w6d. Been taking long walks, trudging through the snow, but not really feeling anything close to a baby-is-almost-here vibe. Going to make some spicy Burmese Curry with shrimp tonight and hope that helps , made a cumin chicken thing and the next day had ds, so who knows!
#25 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 03:34 PM

I'm at 37 weeks today. Nothing interesting going on pregnancy wise. I found out from my Mom yesterday that I was way overdue as a baby, to the point the Dr wanted to induce cuz I was loosing weight. Does that influence how long my little one will cook? Mom said both of her boys were born within a few days or no more than a week of the EDD. Her two girls were the ones that stayed longer than 40w. Should I expect the same for myself? I don't know the gender but we think it may be a boy.

I pick DP up at the airport in a few hours, so I need to go on a little house cleaning spree before he returns. I'm going to let go of what I was feeling about the stuff yesterday. I had a really good talk yesterday with a sweet friend (she is indian so understands what he was going through) and she set me back on my path. I'm not going to approach DP on stuff immediately cuz I know he's been under tons of pressure during his time away. I want us to take this week to get back to normal with each other. And I think the only way I can restore his confidence that his family has been trying to break down is to stay calm and support him. Letting him see me as confident in our relationship will help bring him back to a place of confidence with us too. I've always told him that I'm not giving up easy, and at this point things can still be brought back into balance. Wish me luck!

Have we heard from Binyah, sorry if I misspelled her name? Yesterday the thought she might be starting labor? I just got on the board and this is the first thread I came to.

I like the daily threads too. Well, gotta run and make good use of my time this morning.
#26 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 03:41 PM

39w1d. I don't feel like labor is coming yet. I've been losing mucous plug for 2 weeks and am having ctx on and off.
#27 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinahYeteirah View Post
Well, I'm here, but I'm not pregnant! Hehehe! I will have to go start my own thread soon, but, man, I'm a slow typer right now!!! nnak (nursing newborn at keyboard)
:: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!
#28 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 04:18 PM

Still here..encouraging to read I am not alone. I am 40 weeks and 2 days. My son was a week early and I was really ready last weekend, but this is a good lesson in patience. Baby is still posterior, which is disappointing since I have spent the last month leaning forward, spending money at the chiro (webster), and chasing my 19 month old around on all fours....
Can someone explain to me about Evening Primrose Oil, I would love to have this baby soon....
Hang in there, and enjoy your sunday!
Sarah
#29 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writerbird View Post
My rocking chair arrived from Overstock.com yesterday and my mate is going to put it together. I hope it's comfy; I actually wanted a glider, but when you marry an artist, sometimes things are not allowed into the house for aesthetic reasons
I understand that! I couldn't get a glider - just too ugly :
Oh and they're crazy expensive. I'm going to make do with the Ikea Poang chair.

Quote:
Hey, way to slip that in there!!! DETAILS PLEASE
and CONGRATULATIONS to you guys! :

I hope everyone who is sick -and it seems like everyone! - gets better real soon. That's what you get with winter babies it seems.

All going well here (due date tomorrow/Tuesday?) and finally seeing some signs - blood today, woohoo - but nothin else. Time to go on a nice long walk and enjoy this unseasonally warm weather.
#30 of 50 Old 02-03-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
WOW!!! You're a sneaky one!

Congratulations, and I can't wait to hear the details!

At-home mom to a teenager, an infant, and three in between!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page