Daily Check-in~Feb 4th!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 04:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, since I'm up and it's almost 2 am CST I thought I'd start today's check-in thread.

41 weeks today WOOHOO!!

And still nothing going on. I had some bloody show yesterday after DP and I DTD, but it was only because DP and I had DTD. No contractions or anything, even after using the breast pump for about 30 minutes (10 min on, 10 off, 10 on.) I'm not trying to start anything with the pump-I have been pumping every few days since about 37 weeks to try to build up some colostrum for Aidan to have in the first few days until my milk comes in. Being that I'm a surro I plan to nurse him right after birth, but then my IM is going to use a SNS and some donated milk until I get a supply built up.

Anyway, I'm still feeling great but I don't think we'll be meeting this baby today.

So, did anyone have a Super Bowl baby yesterday? I'm sure all of our DP's were worried about it, lol! Who feel like today will be your day?! I hope someone is holding their new little one.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 08:28 AM

hey early bird! i have been up for a few hours, too!

did post partum doula training this weekend and got really happy about welcoming this babe into our family! yeah, it only took 36 weeks for me to be okay with it all. hmmnnn...

reading to catch up with all the babes who were born and how every one is doing since thursday. missed you all!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#3 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 09:26 AM

My mother called last night just to say hello. Mind you, she has not done this, ever, since I left for college at 17. I am THIRTY THREE, and have not lived at home since then.

Eventually she sidled around to the point: "Did you have the baby yet?"

Yes, mom, I had the baby three days ago and I'm just not telling you.

I love her. She is not the brightest bulb on the holiday tree. At my wedding, her one and only "job" was to hold the cash envelopes containing the tip money for my vendors. When she decided to go home... because she was bored... she took the money with her "so it wouldn't get stolen."

I'm years past hoping she would someday plug herself into reality, and almost that long past wishing she would morph into the kind of mom capable of involvement. But really... "did you have the baby yet?"

Mama to EG, Mate to MD, Writer, Editor, International Jewel Thief.
#4 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Eventually she sidled around to the point: "Did you have the baby yet?"

Yes, mom, I had the baby three days ago and I'm just not telling you.
I have actually SAID this to my own parents.

I am siiick, didn't sleep last night (really--up till 4) and DD was running a fever, too. She seems okay this morning, but we think something's gone wrong with her new ear tubes--there is dark red crusty gunk coming out of her ears. Great.

grateful mother to DD, 1/04, and DS, 2/08

#5 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 10:17 AM

Good Morning early birds and writerbird. Writerbird- you made me laugh- first chuckle of the AM

I've been taking the EPO for a few days now and last night thought I was feeling some changes down there- maybe some effacing or moving towards the front? Don't know. But this morning I woke up and looked down and my belly looked farther away- my Mom confirmed- lookes like I've dropped- wahoo!

I am taking a birthing class and we have two classes left. It's really a partner based birthing class- and I am feeling like I am gonna be more of a loner for this- I love to go inside myself - I'm not one to be looking around for someone else to get me through things... At least if I need it my Mom (birth partner) will be prepared to help me get into different positions and give great massage during labor. And she is loving being the doting grandmom to be. There are two of us in the class that are there with our moms as partners and the other Mom seems to be just as wonderful as my Mom- they really are spoiling us. I feel so lucky.

Hope all of our sick and sniffling Mommas and familes are feeling better today. I will try and tell the warm 60 degree weather to spread out and find all you Mommas who are missing the sunshine
#6 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 10:30 AM

Good morning!

37 weeks 6 days here!

I have an appt iwth my midwife this morning. I haven't seen her in 2 two weeks because she has been attending births during my appts. I saw the nurse practicioner once, but she was in such a rush it was like I didn't exist.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Oh DH guesses that there is a 50% chance I will have this baby by the end of the week... hmm... intersting.. not sure where that came from! He said he is certain I won't hit 39 weeks. I love seeing what people *think*.. I am sooo aiming for the 11th! (my MIL and FIL will be away in Boston for an MRI and I won;t have to deal with them being around! AHHAHAHAHAH!) I am evil.

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#7 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 10:32 AM

Still here...39 weeks, 5 days

Slept badly again last night, oh well...Woke up at one time to go potty and when I went to sit up I swear it felt like the baby slammed into my cervix, owwww! That or something similar has been happening almost every night. still having irregular contractions, sometimes it feels like labor is imminent sometimes like it will never happen. I hope the baby is born before ds's b-day, but definitely not something I can control.

Hope everyone is doing well...
#8 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 10:44 AM

Still pregnant, still really uncomfortable.

This was supposed to be my last week at work, but I just don't think I can take it anymore--the commute on public transit (trolley, subway, bus) or the patrons (you ain't had that baby yet?). Sooo, I plan on calling this morning and saying that I am leaving a week earlier than expected.

I woke up starving this morning around 4am, and haven't been able to go back to sleep. I keep dropping things because of the numbness in my fingers and then I cry because I can't pick it up. My feet seriously look like elephant feet because of the swelling. My DH is very concerned and pretty much begged me to take my leave early. I think it is the recent bawling fits I have been having.

I don't want to leave this on a negative note, so one great thing did happen this weekend. I bought the following CD-stash for $100:
6 Kissaluvs size 0 (great condition)
12 Kissaluvs size 1 (BRAND new, never washed)
5 Imse Vimse small wool covers (also BRAND new)
8 Dappi pull-on NB covers
This great women even threw in two unopened boxes of nursing pads.
Craigslist rocks!

librarian mommy (34) to DD (2/08), expecting a BOY in early spring 2011
#9 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 10:51 AM

Still here and still pregnant that's to be expected. I still have 18 days til my EDD. Off to see the midwife today and hopefully I'll be able to come home and rest a bit.
#10 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 11:06 AM

39 weeks + 2 days. Lots of movement and BH contractions. And, I'm soooo tired. I feel like my body want to hibernate before the big event.
#11 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 11:31 AM

37w3d.

No changes. I think this little one will wait another two weeks or so. Uncomfortable, but its bearable. Feet are swollen. Aimee, i'll take a picture and we can compare!

Can't wait until Friday. My last week of work before my leave! Yea!
#12 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 11:35 AM

36+ weeks. I had to go grocery shopping last night, which I absolutely hate. It was worse this time than usual- I thought I might be going into labor! We were walking around and I was having intense ctx like every 3 minutes, and some were too much to walk through. We had just eaten at an Indian buffet, too, so I wondered about whether the spicy food was working its magic. Dh was getting nervous, and I just kept trying to hurry us up. I wanted to get pretty well stocked because I felt like this might be our last big shopping trip before the baby comes. Thankfully, everything slowed down once I got home and sat down for a bit. I'd like this baby to cook a little more yet.
#13 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybama View Post
Still pregnant, still really uncomfortable.

This was supposed to be my last week at work, but I just don't think I can take it anymore--the commute on public transit (trolley, subway, bus) or the patrons (you ain't had that baby yet?). Sooo, I plan on calling this morning and saying that I am leaving a week earlier than expected.

I woke up starving this morning around 4am, and haven't been able to go back to sleep. I keep dropping things because of the numbness in my fingers and then I cry because I can't pick it up. My feet seriously look like elephant feet because of the swelling. My DH is very concerned and pretty much begged me to take my leave early. I think it is the recent bawling fits I have been having.

I don't want to leave this on a negative note, so one great thing did happen this weekend. I bought the following CD-stash for $100:
6 Kissaluvs size 0 (great condition)
12 Kissaluvs size 1 (BRAND new, never washed)
5 Imse Vimse small wool covers (also BRAND new)
8 Dappi pull-on NB covers
This great women even threw in two unopened boxes of nursing pads.
Craigslist rocks!
Wow! That's a steal! Good job!

We had our baby shower last night and it was a good time - nice to see loving friends and spend time celebrating baby - BUT...

whoever thought up one of the games we played seriously needs to be punished! They blindfolded me and fed me *gerber* baby food and had me try to guess which flavors I was eating. Some of the guests even thought it would be funny to "miss" my mouth. It was everything I had in me to keep from throwing up/lashing out/crying.

My baby will not be eating commercial baby food. I'm sure baby wouldn't mind it nearly as much as me having never tried real food, but ugh! They of course had me try some of the not so pleasant tasting ones - "squash" (didn't say which kind of squash which kind of frightens me), prunes, chicken and gravy, and peas. I actually like all of those foods IRL, but couldn't for the life of me guess what any of them were (other than disgusting) when they were in baby-food form.

I did finally put an end to the game when they tried to get me to drink out of a bottle. I think they were kind of shocked at how adamantly I refused. I was at a boiling point though. I just apologized, said there was no way I could suck anything out of a plastic nipple, took the blind-fold off and tried to laugh with everyone. It was only punch in the bottle but it wouldn't have mattered.

Anyone else have a similar game at any shower of theirs or see someone else go through it? I think I minimized the damage I could have done to the mood of the party (I love the hostesses and would hate for them to feel bad about any of it), but I even surprised myself with how strong my reaction was!

Blessed to be married to my awesome husband since 2006.
Mama to Aidan Robert (Valentine's Day 2008) and Cora Ruth (3-13-2010) :
#14 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 11:43 AM

40 weeks, 3 days...trying not to count, but who couldn't...I never thought I would go past...and it is funny but I really feel like i may never have this baby...and then I start to worry about being two weeks late and being induced.....and how scary that would be. I loved my labor last time...ended up with a epi at 7 cm due to termendous back pain and a posterior baby who never budged...but I experienced contractions for 16 hours first...and it kills me to think of me just going into the hospital and then starting contractions. I think if I have a third child I would like to try a homebirth.
Other than that my ds just got over roseola. We were starting to think we were screwed welcoming a sweet little girl into our sons lives. He was sick and lethargic for four days, and then the crankiest thing you have ever seen for two....then got a rash and not is back to normal, thank god.
It is funny how I am not just enjoying each day to its fullest with one child...I think being pregnant for 40 weeks I am just ready for my body back...not sure how I will handle two under 20 months....but I am ready for the challenge.
Sleeping sucks. My son sleeps with us, which is a good thing but he sleeps as close to me as possible, actually on top of me sometimes. If I get up to go pee or rotate sides because my hand is numb and shoulder, hip, and knee hurting he wakes up and cries......
Hope everyone has a great day today, and in case it isn't clear I would LOVE to have a baby today or tomorrow....i think it would be fun to be deep in labor land and be asking about primaries.....
Take care everyone, and thanks for this thread, I dont respond too much but read a lot, and this thread keeps me going...
Sarah
#15 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 11:52 AM

Hello all! I'm still here, but I expected to be, at just 39w1d. Still feeling pretty good besides the carpal tunnel, but no worries. Yesterday I got a few more things done around the house (carseat ready, wool soakers lanolized, more baby stuff washed, oatmeal cookies made for some other new mommas IRL).

I didn't have a Superbowl baby, but, my SIL did! Yay! She went into labor on her own, no induction from her doctors. My brother called my mom in the am, all nervous and excited. The baby was born, fittingly enough, during the superbowl at 8:55 pm (EST). My brother's a huge sports fan, and was worried the browns would be in the superbowl the one year he'd have to make a decision... heh heh. Of course the doctors wanted to induce SIL due to the "it will be a HUUUUUGGGEE baby" bunk. He was 7 lbs 15 oz 21.5 inches. Not so gigantic... Sheesh! Just about normal and healthy, really. Hopefully we will get to go meet the little guy tonight.

signature currently in transition
#16 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 12:08 PM

Congratulations on your Nephew Teenytoona!

37+2 here. And really ready for this baby to move along. I've never felt "ready" this early before. My girls were born at 41.5 and 39.5 weeks, and I didn't get that "I'm Done" feeling till 2 or 3 days before they arrived. I really want this one to stay put until he is ready, I just don't know why I am so antsy. Maybe b/c its winter. Who knows.

I seem to have ctx all the time. They are short, but way stronger than the BH I've been having since month 5. I figure that could easily go on another three weeks though, YAY!

Angie, mama to Anna '01, Mia '04, and Leif '08 and angel1.gif '03  angel1.gif'07 angel1.gif'12.Expecting someone new in 7/13! pos.gif

h20homebirth.gif familybed2.gif bftoddler.gif homeschool.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#17 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 12:31 PM

EDD is tomorrow. The only day I don't want to have the baby is on the 7th because that is dd's birthday, but I feel like I am going to jinx things if I say it outloud.

Last night DH and I were watching a show on PBS about Jane Austin's lost loves (my DH rocks--he didn't even complain) and I had ctx after ctx. I shut my eyes and visualized my cervix opening, etc. Then I went to bed and they went away, same as every night for the last THREE WEEKS!!!! My midwife told me to expect this since this is my 3rd pregnancy and my body is more efficient, etc. but I didn't know it was going to be like this.

I get a day with dd #2 today since her sister is at school and DH is at work. RIght now dd is eating breakfast in front of the TV so I guess I should go pay some attention to her.

Have a great day, everyone! I hope to hear baby news from some of you soon!!!
#18 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 12:37 PM

40weeks 1 day

I'm doing okay, I've been in a pretty sour mood the last 2 days. I'm taking our doula out to lunch today, seeing the Chiro, and swinging by our MW so we don't have to make another trip tomorrow. (we live 30" from the big town) My MW called this AM and she's worried about the weather we're supposed to be getting tonight/tomorrow. I guess about 6 inches of snow with some freezing rain thrown in. Great.....She's worried she won't be able to get to us and my husband is freaked that she might not get to us! I don't really care. She mentioned the possibility of taking castor oil this AM to get things going before the storm or doing absolutely nothing to encourage labor and hope to wait until Tues night or Wed. I hate feeling like I can't just totally let go and let what ever happens happen. She was sick this weekend so I shut things down after having bloody show and contractions for a couple hours and then I didn't want to interrupt the Super Bowl for DH (not that he would have been mad but he'd rather have watched the game!). Now I feel like I have to get going quickly or wait again. I asked DH about doing the castor oil and what he thought and he said "the baby will come when it's ready!" I DH!! That's just what I needed to hear, that's how I feel but I don't want him in a situation that has him freaked and unable to enjoy the birth of our baby. (ie if the mw can't get to us). I guess we'll just see how things go. Hell I might just be pregnant for another week and all this worry was for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominmamas View Post
Woke up at one time to go potty and when I went to sit up I swear it felt like the baby slammed into my cervix, owwww!
Sadly I know exactly what you mean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjanetteopal View Post
They blindfolded me and fed me *gerber* baby food and had me try to guess which flavors I was eating. Some of the guests even thought it would be funny to "miss" my mouth. It was everything I had in me to keep from throwing up/lashing out/crying.
I think you handled this much better than I would have! I hate being in any situation where I'm blindfolded or "left out" of something, it makes me feel nervous, anxious, defensive....... My Step MIL and SIL threw my baby showe rwith my first and they talked withme about the games and things so I didn't have anything like that. I like them a lot too and I totally get you hating it but not wanting to hurt feelings. I hope the rest of it was great and loads of fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
Hopefully we will get to go meet the little guy tonight.
Congrats Aunt Teeny!! Beware that holding a newborn can send your hormones and a big roller coaster ride! I help my cousin's newborn recently and my body went nuts!! I got all flushed and hot and I could feel my body rev up, my baby started bouncing all over, I almost felt tingly and electric! It was wild! I just wanted to prepare you in case it happens to you!!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#19 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 12:44 PM

Physically I'm feeling great! Mentally, I'm feeling drained and worn down - why does family cause so much upset all the time? Grrrr...

Back to work today and everyone is starting to be surprised when I make it in each day. I guess a lot of women go on maternity leave 2 weeks before their EDD but not me, I need the distraction. I sit on my birthing ball and although everyone thinks I'm crazy, I'm more comfortable .

38+2 today, woo hoo!
#20 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 12:45 PM

38+2 today. My 22 mos old and I are sick. He kept me up the majority of last night so I'm not feeling my best today.

I checked my cervix last night to see where I'm at and I'm 2-3 cm. This is reassuring to me, because with my 1st labor (which lasted almost 48 hours), it took me FOREVER to get to 3cm. It is nice to be starting from a higher number this time, I hope I'll be at least 4 by the time I go into labor, because I don't think it will be for another couple of weeks.

The new moon is coming up this week, maybe we'll see some babies!!!
#21 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 12:47 PM

still here too, (40w today), spicy food didn't work last night -- just took the dog for a nice long walk and I'm simply feeling a low baby....going to do a grocery shop in a bit and p/u some EPO.

anjanetteopal, That sounds awful. OMG. I cannot imagine a shower that went that way, I'd be soooo uncomfortable. I had a shower with ds, but he was 6 weeks and the entire time was spent holding him and talking about babies and opening presents (which is (IMHO) stressful enough..."oh, wow another receiving blanket...thanks") but to have to do that type of a game....ewww.
Sounds like something you'd do at a frat party to initiate someone...anyway that's crappy, glad it's over and I feel for you

My mom is coming today, so that's a big relief, to know that ds is taken care of and we don't have to worry about him at all is HUGE! And, b/c my mom never had her mom around (she died when my mom was pregnant with my brother, so she never got to be a grandmother) my mom is super excited to help and do all the things she wished her mother could have done for her. It's so nice to be mothered when your a grown up

TrishWSU, wow 41 weeks. I hope you have this little one soon, but I also am familiar with the feeling that they're pretty happy in there and there's not a lot we can do...
#22 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjanetteopal View Post
Wow! That's a steal! Good job!

We had our baby shower last night and it was a good time - nice to see loving friends and spend time celebrating baby - BUT...

whoever thought up one of the games we played seriously needs to be punished! They blindfolded me and fed me *gerber* baby food and had me try to guess which flavors I was eating. Some of the guests even thought it would be funny to "miss" my mouth. It was everything I had in me to keep from throwing up/lashing out/crying.

My baby will not be eating commercial baby food. I'm sure baby wouldn't mind it nearly as much as me having never tried real food, but ugh! They of course had me try some of the not so pleasant tasting ones - "squash" (didn't say which kind of squash which kind of frightens me), prunes, chicken and gravy, and peas. I actually like all of those foods IRL, but couldn't for the life of me guess what any of them were (other than disgusting) when they were in baby-food form.

I did finally put an end to the game when they tried to get me to drink out of a bottle. I think they were kind of shocked at how adamantly I refused. I was at a boiling point though. I just apologized, said there was no way I could suck anything out of a plastic nipple, took the blind-fold off and tried to laugh with everyone. It was only punch in the bottle but it wouldn't have mattered.

Anyone else have a similar game at any shower of theirs or see someone else go through it? I think I minimized the damage I could have done to the mood of the party (I love the hostesses and would hate for them to feel bad about any of it), but I even surprised myself with how strong my reaction was!
That would have p1$$ed me off!!! I put that on the scale of torture:Puke
*hugs* I can understand not wanting to hurt peoples feelings but forcing you to stomach baby food is just not cool.

I'm here....I don't wanna be but I am lol I have a sore throat and I'm sick of DH staying up late and then sleeping until 11. I have no energy to do anything, but I *have* to do the dishes. That's all I'm doing. Besides taking care of DS. Which is always my job....God forbid I get a break from that. As much as I love him there are times I just want peace and quiet without the constant thought that he's about to wake up from his nap or that he's getting into things while DH is "watching" him.

I'm alright really. Just cranky and over this whole pregnancy thing. I want my wee one in my arms happy healthy and very much not in my belly anymore.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#23 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 01:19 PM

37 weeks today.

I feel like I pulled every ab muscle I have. My sleep patterns are still all screwy. I have a stuffed up nose and no energy. I'm tired of misjudging the distance between my stomach and everything I manage to run it into. My legs hurt, my back hurts, my brain hurts.

Other than that, things are just peachy. I usually spend the last 2-3 weeks complaining about everything; guess this pregnancy will be no different!

Single WAHM to 5yo DD, 2yo DS, and forever 7 week old angel DD.
#24 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 01:25 PM

Oh yes I'm sick of misjudging distance too!! Between my belly and then yesterday I went to sit in the computer chair and it moved backwards so I ended up pulling a muscle as I tripped into it!

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#25 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 01:38 PM

Congrats on your new nephew Teeny!!! Any guy has to be excited over a superbowl baby! I just have this picture of them all sitting around after the birth eating chips and dip and drinking a beer in the birthing room! well not the baby...lol

I'm still here and pregnant...but savoring the fact that I am NOT AT WORK! My feet had started swelling up as big as my calves after working on my feet for 8 hours a day and now I am on maternity leave and don't have to go through that anymore! I feel for you mamas who have swelling going on or are still working demanding jobs.

Today I'm going to do some more cleaning, de-cluttering, and maybe go thrift store shopping for some art to put on the walls (never got around to doing a whole lot of decorating since we moved when ds1 was 4 months old!)

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#26 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
Oh yes I'm sick of misjudging distance too!! Between my belly and then yesterday I went to sit in the computer chair and it moved backwards so I ended up pulling a muscle as I tripped into it!
oooh I feel your pain! I fell off the birth ball while trying to sit on it yesterday. It just rolled right out from under me and I ended up straining my leg muscles a little trying to catch myself.

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#27 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 01:44 PM

i'm here, (36w4d) and feeling better than yesterday. i cleaned my kitchen, did the dishes, and swept the living room. dh and dd cleaned her room. very sweet! midwife visit tonight... last of the two weekers. i'll have to find out if i can get the pool from her soon...

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#28 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 01:49 PM

38w 5d, and this is my first day off work! Yay!

I'm enjoying hanging out with my toddler and relieved that she's out of daycare now. I hope that we can all shake the sniffles and sore throats before William arrives! She's brought home too many colds this winter....

In Spirit,

Jenny
#29 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveChild421 View Post
oooh I feel your pain! I fell off the birth ball while trying to sit on it yesterday. It just rolled right out from under me and I ended up straining my leg muscles a little trying to catch myself.
*hugs* Who wants to join me in drowning our aches, pains, colds and sniffles in a virtual industrial sized "pint" of Ben and Jerry's? Hmmm? Any flavor you like!!

#30 of 52 Old 02-04-2008, 02:10 PM

Rasj, Thanks for the sunshine, I think it might be working!

anjanetteopal, I wouldn't mind the game so much is they used home made food, one the other hand, I think I might have wanted to kill them too! Not fair to do to a 9 month pregnant lady at all.

To all you ladies who are past due, : hay babies, come on down!!!!
It's a great day for a debut!

Teenytuna, I held a four month old preemie recently and I swear my LO knew there was "another man" sitting on him/her! I got a little sappy too.

I had my Home Visit yesterday, it was fun, I met my MW assistant, who I've met in passing before, and I met the 2nd MW, and I love them all. Heather, the 2nd MW, has 4 boys and she's been catching babies for 30 years, she took one look at my belly and said she thinks I'm carrying a boy. We shall see... She also said s/he feels like s/he's gonna be another 8 plus-er like my last 2. again we shall see.....

I'm a little bummed out today, Hillary is speaking at a local University and I was supposed to go with my MIL but I was so exhausted from lack of sleep and a horrible head cold when I got up that I all I wanted to do was get back in bed. Now that I've gotten rid of the kids and I'm back in bed, I am not so exhausted any more and wish I had gone

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page