Daily Check In, Feb 5 - Mothering Forums

#1 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
*Yawn*

Good morning, ladies.

I should have started this thread when I first woke up four hours ago. My poor mate is getting less and less sleep, as I apparently now snore on my sides as well as my back. Since tummy sleeping is out of the question...

Two to four more weeks for me!

Mama to EG, Mate to MD, Writer, Editor, International Jewel Thief.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 09:28 AM

I'll second that yawn this morning. The cat stepped on the alarm clock last night and messed up all our settings. At 5:40 the radio blasted us out of bed - grrrrrr!

But it's a beautiful, snowy morning. I love it when it snows. DH is trying to convince me to stay home today and build a snowman since it's not too cold and the snow is thick and heavy (and my car is TERRIBLE in the snow). I have to admit, I'm tempted!
#3 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 09:31 AM

Good Morning Writerbird and February Mommas!

37+4 and feeling very ready- I miss my husband so much and just want to get home with our first child and start our life together as a family...

Crazy pg dream last night. I was on an island and decided to swim to greenland which was under water and just a quick swim a way. I got there and went in someone's house-just being nosey- saw some cow in a barn scratching his head with his hoof. Kept walking around but didn't really see anyone. It was just very realistic and out of nowhere...

Went swimming last night- it felt wonderful! I am getting some swelling in my legs by the end of the day- I am going to spend more time during the day with my feet up, drink even MORE water and see if that helps things. My doula is coming over tonight for dinner and to get to know me and Mom a little better. I found a local post-partum doula-in-training who is gonna come over on friday- she is doing post-partum care for free until she meets the requirements for her certification- I feel so blessed to have all these resources and I am so happy that I came to the US for this birth.

Ca't wait to read some more birth stories- Have those babies February Mommas!!!

PS- apparently yesterday I sent ALL the sun because it rained here all day! I'm gonna keep a little for myself today, but still hope you have beautiful days.

#4 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyblossom View Post
I'll second that yawn this morning. The cat stepped on the alarm clock last night and messed up all our settings. At 5:40 the radio blasted us out of bed - grrrrrr!

But it's a beautiful, snowy morning. I love it when it snows. DH is trying to convince me to stay home today and build a snowman since it's not too cold and the snow is thick and heavy (and my car is TERRIBLE in the snow). I have to admit, I'm tempted!
If you were taking a vote I would have to say STAY HOME AND PLAY IN THE SNOW!!! Sounds like so much fun getting all bundled up and playing. Then go inside for some hot tea or chocolate- maybe bake some cookies... Your DH sounds like a lot of fun!
#5 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 09:44 AM

I'm up early too this morning.... I'm not much of an early riser so it doesn't make me too happy. But I was really low on protein and couldn't fall back asleep for the past couple of hours and was too stubborn to get out of bed. Then DP got out of bed to feed himself and I knew then that sleep was a lost cause until I ate something myself.

Lilyblossom, stay home and enjoy the snow. I like big fluffy snowflakes and it's awesome when it's not too cold. The snow reminds me of this beautiful warm blanket that is covering my part of the world, letting all the life incubate or gestate for the burst of growth in spring. I don't know, it seems more significant to me this year given my current pregnant condition.

Rasji7, I do like the warmth and sun too. I am really a 4 seasons person. Anyway, the weather report is calling for us to get more sun in the next week and for it to be in the 50's during the day by the weekend! So thank you for sending some sun out to the rest of us.

So. Who's turn is it today? Not mine.... this little one is staying put for a long time I feel.
#6 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 10:10 AM

It's my due date! 40w today. So much for all my "I know this baby is going to come early" talk!

I need to get all the way done with this cold, and then I think labor will come. I do feel a lot better this morning, probably in part because I took a Unisom last night to make sure I would sleep (I did!)

grateful mother to DD, 1/04, and DS, 2/08

#7 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 10:15 AM

We're still hanging in there too...tired and achy and oh yea, walking with my crippling hip pain is becoming easier. My baby is busy jumping around and I'm getting nervous about labor, early contractions are beginning to hurt. My in-laws have arrived and apparently his family ( which is rather large ) has a "baby pool" going so, we're getting daily calls from across the country for updates. I'm still enjoying my pregnancy though and looking forward to meeting Our Little One.
Hang in there everyone!!!
By the`way, my 6 and 3 year olds are making me crazy.

gerlassie
#8 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 10:17 AM

38weeks 0 days here!

I feel "off" today. More sharp pelvic pains, stabbing in my va-jay-jay, low back ache.

Snowing here too! (Lillyblossom we aren't too far from you!)

DH and I had a HUGE discussion last night right before bed about money, spending etc etc... and it kept me up most of the night just thinking and thinking about things he said.. UGH.

My neighbor's husband is away on business for 2 weeks, so when it snows my DH is expected to do all their shoveling etc.. even though the mom is probably 43 and has teenage kids... they were just standing outside looking at their snow covered car, and looking over at our house... like we are supposed to jump out there and clean off their car. SERIOUSLY. My neighbor's husband does all the shoveling, car sweeping etc etc.. she is NEVER out to help. So I am sure I will get a knock on the door later asking when we will shovel. "ah- I am 9 months pregnant and DH will be home from work at 5:30, so how about after dinner." eh.

Today is going to be a productive day for me! Lots to clean and organize!

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#9 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 10:26 AM

39 weeks, 6 days Due date is tomorrow. And the baby will be here tomorrow because we are suppose to have a wicked winter storm come through tonight through tomorrow afternoon. DH was a blizzard baby so it would be fitting for this baby to be one, ykwim?

I got a good 6 hours of sleep last night, the most I have had in almost a week, still exhausted though.
#10 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 10:32 AM

Still marching up to the due date (and past?) on Sunday. Still feeling pretty good! I had a few little stabby cervical like pains, not certain that it's dilating, perhaps just shifting, they weren't very long.

We met our little nephew last night!! Such a cutie, he's not much of a crier, but it was such a teeny cry when he did. Poor nephew and SIL, he had to be vacuumed out (at least according to how the hospital does it, she didn't change positions at all). Little guy has a huge round red bruise on his head, but he is nursing like a champ! The only problems SIL's had is getting into a comfortable seating position (she's still in alot of pain post epidural and stiching and whatnot), but once he's on, he's good. My little brother stood guard all night so they wouldn't take him out and pop a pacifier or formula in his mouth!

They did decide to circ him , and the nurse was going over it with them yesterday and said, "they may or may not numb him, and he's likely to sleep up to six hours after that" OMG!! My lil Bro asked me, why's he going to sleep so long, I said, he'll probably pass out from the pain. He did not seem to like that answer. My brother doesn't look convinced about circing him, but SIL is. Yikes.

Heh, they were all teasing me ('cuz I have this old style German ferocious temper - thanks Gramps!) and saying how I'm going to kill everyone in sight when I give birth, esp at home. But Mr Toona kept saying we're going to do just fine (no one believes me when I say it). It was really cool when my little brother said to me "yeah, you can do it. You're crazy like that." Not meaning crazy, so much, as I do everything differently, so why wouldn't this be. It was nice to have his vote of confidence!

signature currently in transition
#11 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 10:49 AM

37w4d- not surprised at all that I'm still waiting and perfectly fine with it, but I had some great contractions last night combined with a major burst of nesting energy. It thought for awhile I'd wake up with a baby in my arms today but I went to sleep and didn't get woken with contractions so he's still inside.
#12 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 10:52 AM

40 weeks 2 days

Good morning everyone! It sounds like there was better sleep and improvement in illnesses! Yeah! I love funny dreams and a snow day with DH sounds like a lot of fun! Go for it Jamiee!

I'm still pregnant and suprisingly okay with that. I am a little uncomfy, sore back and whatnot but I'm not feeling a burning desire to evict this little one quite yet (although I will be thrilled when s/he decides to come on its own!!) It will probably be today because we ar supposed to get that bad storm too and it will be difficult for everyone to get to us. I'm hoping this baby waits until tomorrow afternoon atleast so the storm can get cleaned up a little.

There's a cloth diaper sale today and I REALLY want to go but I'm not certain when the storms is supposed to start and DH would be VERY unhappy if I was in town (30 min away) when it starts! (He worries.....especially now!)
#13 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 11:03 AM

37w here, also up early to take DH to work and then do some stuff for my teaching. ALSO dreading a huge snowstorm and hoping that I can pick up DH from work before it moves through the area. I'm SO GLAD my edd isn't EARLY Feb - this bad weather would be freaking me out since my midwife has to drive to get to us.

Feeling REALLY. SORE. I found out my insurance covers chiro care with only a $10 copay so my midwife set up an appt with the chiro with whom she works, b ut of course she's out of town until next Monday, so now that I'm DYING for an adjustment I have to wait. OW! I hate the wintry weather because I have to wear my huge boots so I don't slip on the ice, but they make walking even harder and exacerbate the hip pain.

OK. /whine

Otherwise doing well, baby is wiggly and seems happy and I am soooo ready to meet her whenever she decides to show up. Trying not to get impatient! I was talking to a friend of mine who had her baby during her 38th week and she said "if you're like me, you'll be a Mom in 9 days." : How exciting/scary!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#14 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 11:08 AM

38 weeks and 5 days. Feeling good. Lots of crampy feelings and low bh yesterday, but so far today, things are pretty quite. For some reason, Monday's are always more "active" uterus days for me!

Thanks to RasJ for the sun yesterday! DS and I had a WONDERFUL day together. It was so good that i had to wonder if it was some kind of special "last day" that we were having and that we both knew on some level that it was our last day, just the 2 of us. But here I am this morning and not feeling especially "labor-ish" so maybe it was just a great day.

I am glad to make it to Super Tuesday. Don't know how many of you are voters, but I was hoping to vote in the primary today, and unless labor arrives on a freight train in the next hour, I should definitely make it!
#15 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 11:08 AM

I am officially ready to quit sleeping all together. My hips hurt so bad all night that it just doesn't seem worth it. I finally broke down and cried this morning. I thought I would be able to handle this better on the 3rd time around, but I am really tired of being in constant pain. I have lots of nesting energy, but I end up hurting worse for everything I do. I have bellydance class tonight, and I'm wondering if it's going to help or just make things worse. Sorry to be a downer today.
#16 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 11:29 AM

Good Morning! This morning probably around 3 when it became so uncomfortable to sleep I started thinking about which Feb mammas would already be awake and on mdc...i was jealous. My 19 month old sleeps so close to me that even turning over wakes him up. This morning right around 3 after my son fell back alseep I whispered to my husband...i have to pee. He says, hold it...we dont want to wake him again....can you believe it. Then my dh chuckled to himself and fell back alseep. Meanwhile I laid there awake thinking oh dear I am so screwed, what are we going to do when I have a nursling waking every 2-3 hours to nurse.....wonder how my son will handle it.
I live in Half Moon Bay, CA so we dont really ever see snow. Sounds like a great day to take off and make a snowman.
Glad to hear most of you are feeling better and energized. I have been struggling the past week, but thought long and hard about it yesterday and have come to 3 conclusions:
1. The baby will be born....sometime..and when she does bless us with her presence there will be no going back to just the three of us (dh, ds, me), so rather than feeling bored until she gets here, I should truly make the best of being pregnant and being a mama to my sweet son. After all this may be my last pregnancy
2. Due dates are silly. We always thought mine was the first of feb, but last night I typed in my cycle and period info and found out that they suggest it to be the 7th...funny how that lifted my spirits...so maybe later this week it will happen.
3...hmmm I know there was a three......
I am 40 weeks 4 days today and excited for super tuesday. Hoping Obama pulls out a victory in Cali.....dying for an administration change!
Happy Tuesday everyone, thanks for making my day!
Sarah
#17 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 12:01 PM

It makes me feel so much better to hear of everyone else's waiting games! I feels so close to labor that I'm walking on egg shells.

My 3 year old daughter is obviously sensing something and has been a little crankier/more demanding than usual. My husband is probably about to go crazy from my utter lack of libido....and we have 6 weeks of waiting postpartum...poor guy! Oh well, that's the least he can do!

I'm ready. I just stare at the tiny diapers and clothes and wish the baby was here all ready!!
#18 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loraxc View Post
It's my due date! 40w today. So much for all my "I know this baby is going to come early" talk!
Mine, too! And I just knew for sure that she would arrive in January. Nope. Last night I dreamed about labor and I had contractions, too, but when I woke up I found that they were just cause I needed to pee really bad. Darn it!
#19 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 12:40 PM

Goodmorning ladies! Not as stuffy a yesterday, and I'm actaully feeling rested today, even though I was up @ 5, thanks to a restless and fidgetty DH. I went online, and then my battery was about to die, so I wandered around the house for a good half hour in the dark..... jut because I had the energy! Then I went back to sleep.
RasJ, thanks agian for the sun yesterday, but did you have to take it all back! It's a rainy day her in central, MA, but not to rainy to miss out on voting!!!! Yay Super Tuesday, Sarah, I voted for Hillary, but I will be very happy if Obama win's. It was a hard choice...
I had a really weird dream last night too, I dreamt I was hanging out chatting with and old boyfriend, we were lying on the floor in some room, and my water bag was poking through my yoni, I said to him "hold on a sec. I think my water bag is hanging out, maybe I should pop it?" But then I pushed it back inside. I could feel the babies hair though, isn't that weird? So I woke up hoping it was true, but alas, not even a BH to speak in days. 37. 3 today. Quite frankly, I am not too keen on counting the days, but I can't help it !

Lets have a baby today ladies!!!!!:

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

#20 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 12:40 PM

double post

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

#21 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 12:51 PM

For the last couple of weeks I have been slow and grouchy because I have felt like I was lacking oxygen because baby was getting so big and seemed so high. The last couple of mornings I have woken up and felt like it is much easier to breathe so I'm positive he is moving down......

I looked at my ticker this morning and it said 20 days left! and my last baby was born 8 days early, so it is starting to feel surreal that I could possibly have a baby in less than 2 weeks....
#22 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 01:08 PM

Good morning, 40+3 weeks here! I felt a little crampy this morning, but other than that nothing! It is just weird going through your day to day life wondering, well.....when is it all going to start, and how!

It is a rainy day here too, actually, pouring with thunderstorms! It would be a good day for the ole bag of waters to break!

As soon as we get DS on the bus for kindergarten we are headed off to vote and run a few errands....maybe walking will stimulate something!

I will check back later and see what everyone is up to. Have a great day!
#23 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 01:09 PM

37w4d. No changes for me. Same old, same old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applecore View Post
I am officially ready to quit sleeping all together. My hips hurt so bad all night that it just doesn't seem worth it.
Applecore, we met with our doula last night and I mentioned hip pain from laying on my side while I slept and she said to try sleeping on a feather bed. I don't have a feather bed, but I folded up my down comforter and slept on that last night and it definately helped. I didn't wake up in the middle of the night having to move because the hip I was laying on was killing me. Maybe it will work for you?!
#24 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 02:14 PM

39 weeks, still in move in hell. Boxes everywhere. I cannot see my feet, or feel them for that matter because they're still so very swollen. Contractions have slowed since moving, but I'm 2 cm's dilated. Yesterday my OB stretched my membranes but it didn't appear to do anything anyway. I think this babe would like me to be relaxed before coming.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#25 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 02:22 PM

37 weeks exactly
I MADE it to fullterm I am so excited about that after 2 preemies
Now I feel bad I hurt everywhere. i go from feeling starved to the thought of food may make me puke. Baby feel high but low too I dont know
I dont feel ready yet I usually get that ok Im ready feeling Hasnt happened yet so I got a while stilll. It doesnt take much altely to make me cry I cry over anything lol
#26 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 02:27 PM

hips are killing me, too! it's just one more sleep interruption! thank god i am going to see the chiro today. last few nights i have been sleeping with an ice pack even. ugh.

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#27 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 02:49 PM

I'm now 39w 5d and not feeling like anything is going to happen anytime soon, although I would LOVE to meet this baby within the next few days!!!

I've been extraordinarily hungry for the past week - it's been strange! I've spent most of this pregnancy either with severe morning sickness or being pretty apathetic about food. Now all I want to do is eat. Speaking of which - egg salad is sounding really good at the moment... :

Baby is super active today - pushing his/her little feet out my right side. My mom is super-paranoid about me going into labor when I'm out with my four kids ... and we'll be seeing my mom and dad tonight at a church function, so I'm sure she'll be checking in a couple times to make sure I'm not having contractions! : I don't think she's forgiven me yet for having her drive me to my midwife (an hour away), to lunch, on a couple errands, and home WHILE I was in labor with Coren a couple years ago!
#28 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 03:56 PM

38w6d, still not much happening. I've been having cramps and contractions for at least a couple of weeks now, but nothing seems to be coming of them. I can only hope that they're doing a good job of getting everything ready to go whenever the "real deal" finally does get going.

At-home mom to a teenager, an infant, and three in between!
#29 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 04:54 PM

I posted in detail here but the short version of my morning is that my midwife quit on me. I'm 39 weeks tomorrow. I've got *all the time in the world* to find someone else!

Also found out that baby is facing out. That explains the weird belly movements these last few days - but baby evidently still has plenty of room to move around so hopefully that will resolve itself.

Nasty icy rain here and of course it's voting day so I went out in it. One good thing happened today though - a lady from my husband's work surprised us with some organic prefolds. yay for diapers!

Blessed to be married to my awesome husband since 2006.
Mama to Aidan Robert (Valentine's Day 2008) and Cora Ruth (3-13-2010) :
#30 of 39 Old 02-05-2008, 05:10 PM

anjanetteopal: That must be so hard to loose your midwife last minute. Do you have back up plans.
Being 40 weeks and 4 days, I can totally relate to the hmmm when and how will I go into labor.
Just back from the chiro. I have been 4 times to do the webster in hopes of turning this baby from posterior to anterior, so far no luck.
Hope everyone sleeps better tonight...I am going to nap with my son in a few minutes, assuming he will nap.
Sarah

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page