Feb 06, Daily check in.... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The day is only an hour old.... does that count? I also haven't slept yet... and not for any good reason. Though I've been having stronger BH and more frequent! But today, Wednesday, brings me to 2.5 weeks, which is closer than 3 weeks, yaaaaaay!

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 03:22 AM

It isn't the 6th in California yet, but I'm going to make a guess and say she's not ready to make her appearance just yet. *grumble* my first due date is in two days, and my second is for the 14th. I'm losing my patience =p
#3 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 04:30 AM

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Well, severe thunderstorms accompanied by a tornado warning did nothing to bring this kid out. Just more random toning contractions like usual.

41w 2d and counting...

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03, Amelia 12/13, and someone new coming 11/15, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#4 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishWSU View Post
Well, severe thunderstorms accompanied by a tornado warning did nothing to bring this kid out. Just more random toning contractions like usual.

41w 2d and counting...
I hope your weather has cleared up - looks like it was/is pretty bad over there!:

It's 3am here and I'm up. Woke up starving and baby has hiccups. Made the mistake of starting to think through the scenarios of going into labor today - it's snowing like crazy out there. We are supposed to have a meeting with our pastor at 8:30 this morning to talk about infant baptism and get his advice about where to have our baby and I'm expecting a phone call as soon as it's time for normal people to be awake postponing the meeting. He's 30min away and I certainly wouldn't want to drive in this.

Had a bowl of bran with raisins (my comfort food this whole pregnancy - strange yeah?) and checked the super Tuesday results, so now I should probably try and get back to sleep at least for a little while. :yawning:

Blessed to be married to my awesome husband since 2006.
Mama to Aidan Robert (Valentine's Day 2008) and Cora Ruth (3-13-2010) :
#5 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 06:15 AM

It's 4am...been up for an hour. I think I'm only supposed to be living on 5-6 hours of sleep a night, because I always just seem to wake up after that long, no matter when I actually went to sleep!

I've got a leg or a knee or something in my side that I keep pushing back toward the middle, and it keeps reappearing on my side!

Single WAHM to 5yo DD, 2yo DS, and forever 7 week old angel DD.
#6 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 07:32 AM

I've been up most of the night, too. I'm still sick with an icky cold. It makes it difficult to sleep (even moreso than normal). I'm having some of my comfort food, which is Cheerios this pregnancy.

38+4 today, no sign of labor, barely any BH contractions. I"m very grateful for this, because I want to feel better before this baby comes.
#7 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 07:36 AM

It's 2:30 here...definitely some strange stuff going on here...

I woke with a strange downward pressure followed by a ton of cm....anyone know what amniotic fluid feel like...is it super sticky when dry?

came downstairs and am having surges here and there...also feeling really nauseous

who knows....
#8 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 08:48 AM

Alwaysbymyside - I have the same foot/knee poke! I spend most of the day squeezing/grabbing/massaging it. It's funny how they keep poking their limbs out .

Newmommy27 - funny, I woke up this morning with a nice mess "down below" and I had the same thought. For me, I think it's a continuation of the creamy discharge I've had throughout, it just seems like more as of late.

Zulupetlaz - Take care of you! Your baby won't come until you are both ready.

For me, I'm at 38+4. I'm obsessively checking the toilet after I pee for a mucous plug and every/any signs of labor . Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any rush to have the baby, I'm just excited to meet her and don't want to miss any obvious signs.

I have a check up with the midwife today. I also get the carseat installed, WOO HOO! Aside from that, just keeping up with you ladies and enjoying the wiggles and pokes that remind me that this is one healthy little girl.
#9 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 10:11 AM

newmommy- I bet you are close!

I'm still only 37w5d, so I feel like I have some time. Probably another 2 weeks at least.

I have noticed that as soon as my little kids go to bed, I start having semi regular bh contractions and they don't stop til bedtime. I bet when I do finally go into labor, it will start off right when my littles go to bed and then will get more intense instead of stopping when I lie down. I hope it will work that way anyway. I'd love to give birth when the little ones sleep.

Is anyone else just amazed that we only have such a short time left? I still can't believe it sometimes!
#10 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 10:11 AM

Ugh....I'm tired. So many contrax yesterday, and then they kept me up from about 2-5 last night, and then DD woke up coughing at 5:30. I feel like crap on a cracker this morning and can't decide if I'm desperate for this kid to come out already or desperate for it to stay in so I can rest.

This prodromal bit is for the birds. I guess I'm not the only one not sleeping though, huh?

grateful mother to DD, 1/04, and DS, 2/08

#11 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 10:12 AM

newmommy -- amniotic fluid is watery. It won't be sticky, that sounds more like excess mucous.

I am so tired. I haven't had too much to complain about. I'm 37 weeks tomorrow...and I HURT. I was up every hour last night, my hips hurt so much to lay on them, and I can hardly walk this morning. I have a gift certificate for a prenatal massage, I need to see if they can get me in today and a friend can watch the kids. I saw the chiro Monday and it didn't help enough.

Does anyone know how to tell if the baby dropped? I see the mw tomorrow so she'll really be able to tell. But, after the chiro on Monday the baby was moving around like CRAZY all evening, and into the night -- baby even woke me up with all the movement, which has never happened before. I swear the head moved down into my pelvis once I was properly aligned that day.

None of my babies has been early...what are the chances this one will, pretty please?

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#12 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 10:13 AM

40+4 here, no signs of anything. It is pouring rain again today. I am going to my exercise classes and then home to clean....hang in there everyone and have a nice day :
#13 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 10:27 AM

Today's my due date. We obviously didn't have our snow storm/blizzard baby that I was teasing my dh about, although we did get a lot of snow last night and it's STILL snowing. At least I don't have to walk dd to school in the snow, I was so not looking forward to that, although a short walk in the morning is a nice way to wake up in the morning. Still got up every 1/2 hour to hour last night 'cause of feeling like I had to pee, but after 3 am (again) I finally was able to sleep til 7 when the kids get up. I am tired of waking up sleepier than when I go to bed, but I guess this might be my body's way of getting me ready for sleepless nights with a baby. I really hope my dc are easy today, I really have no umph to me to deal with any real drama, but like animals they can sense weakness....

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
#14 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 10:47 AM

38W!

And I also can't believe how close to the end we are. I can't believe we have 24 babies already, either

No action here at all, just a cramped little baby who stretches a lot because he is OUT of room.

Mama to EG, Mate to MD, Writer, Editor, International Jewel Thief.
#15 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 10:49 AM

Morning all!! Just checkin' in at 39+3. DP and I DTD this morning, and starting on the drive to work I've been feeling sporadic very low contractions. Nothing across the whole belly, but I'd say bikini line and lower. Not painful, more like lifting a weight that's not too heavy, but certainly something's going on... Perhaps cervical positioning/ripening/dilating? I'm timing them (best I can at work, that is) on contraction master.com since my watch is MIA. Just wanted to get a pattern. I don't think "this is it!" by far, but it's my first sign of anything really, so that's pretty cool. My hands and ankles are a good bit more swollen than they have been lately, don't know if that means something/nothing, but I sure did notice it.

All you are up so late!! I get up a bunch of times at night, but I just lay in bed thinking "I need to get to sleep" until I do. Super Tuesday results are sure interesting. We don't vote til something like March 4th, so with any fortune, I'll be taking the baby for a walk in the wrap to the local polling place for my vote.

Newmommy, sounds like you're on the verge.. but then, I'm no expert. : just in case!

Oh TrishWSU, you're still approaching it, whether or not it feels like it... Hang in there Momma!

Bloominmamas, your storm won't come until the baby will! I'm convinced that will be the case with us too! The one "big storm" of the winter will be the time all the babies decide to join us!

signature currently in transition
#16 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 10:56 AM

Still here! 38 weeks today

I'm feeling like everything is coming into place and I can tell baby he's clear to come out.

We'll be buying our NB diaper stash around the 15th (I planned on using sposies at first just until I get into the swing of things) when our tax refund comes in.

I found fabric on the 1.00 table at wally world so I have a temp wrap until I can buy a nice one I'm breaking it in now

My neighbor gave us a ton of clothes so we're covered there. I don't have to worry about him going naked!

We bought the most important things on the birth kit list my MW gave us.

We have a big enough bed that baby will get to cosleep (comfortably!) with us. I would like to get us two matching twin comforters/quilts because we both like our blanket and we fight over it all night long. But we can cross the bridge later

We're going grocery shopping today so I'm making out our regular grocery list plus adding the things I want foodwise for labor. Anyone with suggestions?

BTW I saw a recipe for lactation cookies and thought I'd share. They sound super yummy!!

lactation cookies (my favorite!)
These also make a GREAT gift for new mothers
You can add more oats or yeast to up supply more!

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons flax seed meal
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats
1 cup chocolate chips
2-4 tablespoons brewer's yeast

1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
3. Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well.
4. Add eggs and mix well.
5. Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
6. Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
7. Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
8. Stir in oats and chips.
9. Scoop onto baking sheet.
10. Bake for 12 minutes.
11. Let set for a couple minutes then remove from tray.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#17 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 11:35 AM

Good Morning to all of you. So many of you seem to be in snowy type weather....never snows here.
I have no idea what todays weather will bring. It has been sunny but windy and chilly the past two days.
This morning I have a NST. It is funny when I actually look forward to something like this because it gives me something to do and a little break from my constantly active always wanting to play with mommy 19 month old son. I am 40 weeks plus 5 and although I hope others who are past their due date and ready, have babies soon, it is nice to know I am not alone!
I feel crampy, but have for almost two weeks!
Hope everyone has a great Wed.
Sarah
#18 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 11:43 AM

mommy2austin: holy crap thank you SOOOO much for posting the lactation cookies!!! i've been looking for that recipe FOREVER and couldn't remember where i saw it!! can they be quick oats? or are the other kind more nutritious?

i'm 36w6d and i had my mw appt last night. baby is officially LOA, as of monday night. i had some pretty strong bh monday night too...due to dtd the dh. i also did the strep b test last night (swabbed myself, thank you very much! ), not really concerned about it. i've been doing spurts of nesting, followed by complete laziness. .

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#19 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 11:43 AM

39 weeks today. Still very crampy and contraction-y, but nothing is progressing. Last night it lasted long enough that I thought we might have some real action today, but nothing doing. I can't believe that I still let myself be fooled by prodromal labor. Bah.

At-home mom to a teenager, an infant, and three in between!
#20 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 11:56 AM

36w5d here!

I'm home from work today (even though tomorrow's my last day before maternity leave) because I'm fighting off a cold. Plus I had such a crappy night's sleep - it seems like maybe I can't spend much time on my left side anymore since I've been waking up yelping with searing rib pain. I managed to get some winks in on the right - & even on my back, a little bit, though obviously that's not too easy these days. I must nap continuously all day long, that is the plan.

Last night I had ankle swelling - that's new and fun. No other yucky symptoms though. B-H are increasing & some of them are STRONG! Yay uterus, getting lots of good practice in....

Baby seems to be quite posterior based on what I'm feeling - he/she was anterior earlier this week so there's a lot of squirming going on. We'll see what the MW has to say on Friday.

Omigosh I'm looking SO forward to being done with work & home NESTING, finally...I feel like there's a lot to get done before LO arrives!
#21 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the elyse View Post
mommy2austin: holy crap thank you SOOOO much for posting the lactation cookies!!! i've been looking for that recipe FOREVER and couldn't remember where i saw it!! can they be quick oats? or are the other kind more nutritious?

i'm 36w6d and i had my mw appt last night. baby is officially LOA, as of monday night. i had some pretty strong bh monday night too...due to dtd the dh. i also did the strep b test last night (swabbed myself, thank you very much! ), not really concerned about it. i've been doing spurts of nesting, followed by complete laziness. .
The thread said you can use any oats you want. I personally will probably buy plain old oats just because I *feel* they'll be more nutritious

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#22 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 12:22 PM

newmommy, sounds like it could be something! If it's amniotic fluid it will likely keep leaking, put a towel in your underwear and see what you get. Also it will smell sweet and be clear or cloudy. Good luck!

Amy (trueblue), I'm sorry about your hips! I'm suprised the chiro visit didn't help more, I hope the massage does! My DD never dropped (until labor obviously! ) but oddly enough this second one has. It was a slow process, over about a week. I noticed that I didn't get out of breath nearly so easily, my belly was getting lower, my breasts didn't lay on it anymore! I also had more pressure in my pelvis/hips but I don't have a feeling of a head between my legs or anything I sometimes hear about. I hope that helps a little bit. Oh and on this baby coming early, I thought second, ect babies tended to come sooner but I'm almost 2 days later with this one now and still going. My mom had 4 kids and went 10, 14, 20, and 7 days late with all of us so I don't buy it! Sorry!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominmamas View Post
I really hope my dc are easy today, I really have no umph to me to deal with any real drama, but like animals they can sense weakness....
: Isn't it the truth!?! I was just talking wih my sister about this yesterday!

Teeny, that sounds exciting!! Definately something going on!

Mommy2Austin, doesn't it feel so good to get things in order? I'm so glad things are lining up for you! Also thanks a bunch for that cookie recipie! I think we'll be making some tonight! but you DO have to cook them!
#23 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post

Mommy2Austin, doesn't it feel so good to get things in order? I'm so glad things are lining up for you! Also thanks a bunch for that cookie recipie! I think we'll be making some tonight! but you DO have to cook them!
Ooops yeah I had found a no bake recipe, but it didn't have all the measurements so I found that recipe and forgot to change that part of the post! Fixing now

#24 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 12:34 PM

40w 3d

I'm glad to still be pregnant today, last night was NOT a good night to give birth! We've got 7ish inches of snow and it's still coming. It supposed to stop soon thought. I think tonight will be fine for birthing, did you hear that baby? I'm actually still not feeling too impatient with the whole thing. My 2 y/o is though, she's ready for the baby to some! My family is going crazy, I'm sure DH's is to but they are better about not calling 3 times a day to see if I'm in labor! : I actually slept pretty good last night so I'm happy for that. I'm ready to have my living room back, there's plastic on the floor and a birth pool in the middle of it. I'd actually like to vacuum!
#25 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
Ooops yeah I had found a no bake recipe, but it didn't have all the measurements so I found that recipe and forgot to change that part of the post! Fixing now
It's no big deal but it made me laugh because it totally felt like a pregnancy brain thing I'd do!! Thanks again, they sound realy good!
#26 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 12:37 PM

/here 37w5d.

Tired. Had some slight pains low around the cervix area last night and then a few this morning. Not sure if baby is dropping and now putting more pressure down there or what.
#27 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 12:45 PM

Mommy2austin, that cookie recipe sounds good. Maybe I can motivate my lazy self to try it soon!

40+1 today. DH works long days and I really don't want to go into labor on a day he is working, so I am willing the baby to stay in until after his stretch is over. Today is the last day of that, but then tomorrow is DD's 4th birthday and I don't want her to have to share her special day with the baby. So I am holding out for now.

Of course, I know the baby will come when she is ready but I do think that mental power is capable of great things. Let's see if my mental power can put up with a few more days of this!

Last night when I went to bed I started having painful contractions every 6 minutes for an hour. I dozed in between them, but when they came they really hurt. Then I fell asleep and woke up with no baby but lots of lovely discharge this AM.

DD #1 told me that she doesn't want the baby and does not want to be my "big helper" like people keep telling her. I told her no problem--she does not have to like the baby or help me with her. I was really honest with her and told her that sometimes I don't feel like having another baby, either, but that the baby was coming and we would all get used to her.

Then dd drew a picture of me in the birth tub smiling but dd had a frown on her face. She wrote (in her phonetic spelling) "I feill wirde beekas the bayybe is kamine"--I feel weird because the baby is coming. The picture and writing are a keeper! Poor kid. She's so sensitive and so intuitive, and all stressed out right now.
#28 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 12:53 PM

HI!

38+2 here. Crampy today. Feel like I have to poop all the time. Nice huh?

Gotta clean the bathroom and do a few more things.. I was super cleaning lady last night! I need to get back into that mood.

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#29 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 12:57 PM

37w, lots of BH in the last few days, some cervical pressure, but baby is just popping up and down, not really settling in. Our financial aid came through yesterday so I'm going to make a massage appt ASAP - my hips are killing me!!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#30 of 55 Old 02-06-2008, 12:59 PM

Yesterday I leaned the house. Its spotless and has been for weeks, but the baby is to comfortable to leave just yet. I'm 39w4d, and I don't think this babe is coming soon. This is the longest I've been pregnant with any of my kids.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page