Why do I only feel hiccups on part of the baby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-07-2008, 03:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Baby has hiccups right now. I can feel them all over my left side. I also feel enough of baby on my right side to really grab ahold of the baby...but no sign of hiccups there. Why is that? Why wouldn't the butt move with a hiccup too? There's no way I could be having 2 small babies, right???

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2008, 03:17 AM

maybe the torso is on one side & the legs are bundled up on the other side?
Old 02-07-2008, 03:19 AM - Thread Starter

Definitely...but I feel like I am getting the butt on the other side...I would think that would move with the torso?

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Old 02-07-2008, 03:24 AM

When this babe gets the hiccups I usually feel them pretty low, where the baby's chest would be. If I put pressure on it's bottom I can feel the hiccup in my hand.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:25 PM

I tend to feel the hiccups in a very specific location and no where else on the baby's body.

With DD1 she stayed in one position (head down, legs to my right - I could always see her feet pushing out my right side) for many weeks and I would only feel her hiccups on my lower left pelvic area.

This one moves around more so I've felt her hiccups in three different specific spots, depending on how she's lying. One is the same place I felt with DD1, the second is just to the right of my belly button. And the their is just to the left of my belly button.

I have no idea what part of the body that is - I'm assuming close to her chest/diaphraghm.

I'm definitely only have one, not two kids.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:09 AM

I feel hiccups low down where baby's head/shoulders are... not so much in the butt. I get plenty of other butt-related action from him/her, so I don't mind the change-up! :P Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it, if I think about the way I hiccup it's more of an upper body thing.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
Old 02-08-2008, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter

I wasn't really worried, just thought it was weird. :P Like, if I'm pushing in on him or her so I can really feel the legs, etc there's no motion from the hiccup that is causing the rest of his or body to spasm.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:26 AM

My baby's breech--head on my left side, back along my right side and butt on my lower right--and I feel hiccups down low by where her butt is! Weird.

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

User Tag List