Daily Thread Feb 7 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok Teeny...is this EWCM consistency or thicker and snottier? I kind of have a feeling you are mistaking your plug for EWCM. FWIW, DS's labor started off feeling like period cramps. That came every 2 minutes ROFL.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#32 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Ok Teeny...is this EWCM consistency or thicker and snottier? I kind of have a feeling you are mistaking your plug for EWCM. FWIW, DS's labor started off feeling like period cramps. That came every 2 minutes ROFL.
It's really pretty similar to EWCM, in fact it looks like my pre-cooked breakfast this am! hah! (how's that for the incredible edible egg campaign?) I'm starting to wonder if it could be the plug, though because it seems like a good bit. Maybe it's thicker (it's been a while), though, it's about the same color, clearish.

In fact, I'm willing to be that if I went and checked, well it seems like I feel more, IYKWIM. ANd yeah, I am feeling something that feels like a beginning of a period... Ooh, I'm getting butterflies in my stomach! But I'm trying not to get too excited.

signature currently in transition
#33 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 04:06 PM

Ok...I'm done

I'm done hurting

I'm done feeling alone

I'm done feeling like the house is a wreck and because I can't bend to pick anything up.

I'm done feeling like I have no help!

I'm done dealing with DS who seems to find the perfect time to get into something he's not supposed to and send me into a fit of tears.

I'm done with DH who doesn't understand that the fact that I'm swollen like a sausage is not a good thing and the midwives don't want me up at all.

Baby is engaged. But it doesn't really matter. Becuase he can't come out when I'm a mess like this. Period.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#34 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
Ok...I'm done

I'm done hurting

I'm done feeling alone

I'm done feeling like the house is a wreck and because I can't bend to pick anything up.

I'm done feeling like I have no help!

I'm done dealing with DS who seems to find the perfect time to get into something he's not supposed to and send me into a fit of tears.

I'm done with DH who doesn't understand that the fact that I'm swollen like a sausage is not a good thing and the midwives don't want me up at all.

Baby is engaged. But it doesn't really matter. Becuase he can't come out when I'm a mess like this. Period.
Oh Sarah Lynne, wish I could help you IRL... I'm sorry you're feeling so down...

#35 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
It's really pretty similar to EWCM, in fact it looks like my pre-cooked breakfast this am! hah! (how's that for the incredible edible egg campaign?) I'm starting to wonder if it could be the plug, though because it seems like a good bit. Maybe it's thicker (it's been a while), though, it's about the same color, clearish.

In fact, I'm willing to be that if I went and checked, well it seems like I feel more, IYKWIM. ANd yeah, I am feeling something that feels like a beginning of a period... Ooh, I'm getting butterflies in my stomach! But I'm trying not to get too excited.
It's your plug. It's not always blood-tinged! Mine came out just like with DS, like some really thick, slightly gelatin-like CM. However, I didn't have him til a week later. But the crampiness you're describing is a good thing!

SarahLynne... I know how you feel. I felt that way the other day. And my baby was engaged on Tues I swear but now seems to have pulled his or head out again. :irk But DH gets home tomorrow night so maybe the relief of him being here will help move things along. Can anyone watch your LO for a little while for you? Just so you can have an hour or two to rest?

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#36 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
It's your plug. It's not always blood-tinged! Mine came out just like with DS, like some really thick, slightly gelatin-like CM. However, I didn't have him til a week later. But the crampiness you're describing is a good thing!

SarahLynne... I know how you feel. I felt that way the other day. And my baby was engaged on Tues I swear but now seems to have pulled his or head out again. :irk But DH gets home tomorrow night so maybe the relief of him being here will help move things along. Can anyone watch your LO for a little while for you? Just so you can have an hour or two to rest?
Oh Holy moly! What did women do before the advent of the BBs? TrueBlue, you sure are TrueBlue, you're my voice of reason right now, because I'm all giddy and butterflies! Yeah so I just had another loose BM... and a wee bit of mucus, but not tons. Um... I don't mean to sound clueless, but do I just hang tight until work's over (2.5 more hours), call my mw (which I'd like to do, but the phone lines are really screwy here at work today, and I can't have a convo longer than "Hi, it's me."), call my DP? I mean this could be something and it could be "not til next week," right?

#37 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 04:35 PM

40w today (according to my second edd) or 40w+3 according to the Ultrasound...
Have my mw apt in an hour...hoping for another good stretch and sweep (nothing else seems to be working -- spicy food, sex, pineapple, walking walking walking...)
Here's hoping for some good news!!
#38 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 04:36 PM

Ok, don't get too carried away. It could mean something or not...it's hard to tell!! If you won't be able to concentrate on work I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you left. How long is your ride home? If I recall correctly it's not short. I don't know. Are you actually crampy? With DS it was funny bc I thought I has having BH that felt like cramps and after an hour or two I started timing them and realized they were contractions.

#39 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 04:44 PM

i had cramp labor too with dd, i had it for about 3 hours before i realized there was a pattern...i was 4cm at that point!

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#40 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 04:46 PM

Thanks Amy, I'm trying not to get carried away, which is why I haven't spoken word one yet to anyone, but hey, I sometimes get a little hoo-hoo excited too quickly, like now, so thank you again, for your calm tone!

If I left now I'd have about a 35 min drive, but during rush hour it's about an hour. Crampiness is not really constant, nor exactly timable, but I've felt two different kind of contractions off and on today. Type one: overall hardening, type two: squeezing in the lower uterus. And then there's the wierd pre-cramp early menstrual sensations...

#41 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 05:10 PM

39w1d here ... feeling very ready to go, but it doesn't seem as though the babe agrees.

At-home mom to a teenager, an infant, and three in between!
#42 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 05:15 PM

Sarah:

Teeny: I happen to be on the phone with a doula, and I read out your post to her, asked her what she'd advise if I wrote that. She said, very kindly, that it was probably hours if not days away from the main event unless there was a lot of luck involved. She said she'd tell me to pack my bag to be safe, drink a big glass of water, and lie down. Finally, she said that if I still felt that way in the morning, to call the MW.

I think it sounds very promising, but what do I know? Good luck!

Mama to EG, Mate to MD, Writer, Editor, International Jewel Thief.
#43 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 05:17 PM

It's so exciting to be getting updates on how everyone is doing - without the internet we'd be hard pressed to find this kind of community ya know?

Bloominmamas It cracks me up that you mw called you! Glad the babe hung in there through the night - that kind of snow doesn't sound like any fun!

My appointment went much better than expected. I actually liked the doctor way more than I anticipated and wish that I had more time to form a relationship with him. One of the things I liked about him though is that he put me at ease right away. Since he knows that I'm coming from planning to have baby at a free-standing birthing center until two days ago, he just automatically assumed that he was going to have to ask me before doing anything and answer a lot of questions. He was so laid back, he didn't even seem to mind!

He was very complimentary toward women who decide to have their babies at birthing centers or at home and said something along the lines of our demographic being the type that are "educated and willing to take responsibility for the well being of themselves and their babies." He was very candid about what to expect at either of the hospitals I have the option of going to and asked me to bring my birth plan next time I see him and to definitely have it available when we go into the hospital.

He wanted to do a vaginal and did a cute little smirk/wink when I declined... no condensation at all even if he didn't agree with me. He said that he never does them on anyone until 39 weeks and even then he doesn't use them to definitely make decisions about anything (like induction) but just for information that we can talk through. I believe he was sincere and am pretty ok with a vaginal (at this state) in that case, but he didn't press it, so I let it go. We did make a deal though, I can decline the glucose test if I let him do a vaginal next week. lol. It was half a joke of course and it was wonderful to feel like I could decline them both and he wouldn't look at me sideways. I'll be 40w 2days when I see him next though, so I'm fine with doing a vaginal then.

Thanks for all of the positive thoughts my way, I'm glad it seems to be working out too! I'm wary about the hospital setting, but I have lots of support from friends and family. I feel like this doctor will advocate on my behalf now that he knows what I want. And he was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt at our appointment which just kinda makes him awesome.

Blessed to be married to my awesome husband since 2006.
Mama to Aidan Robert (Valentine's Day 2008) and Cora Ruth (3-13-2010) :
#44 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
Lovetobemama congrats on your longest pregnancy yet!
Teeny! Thanks! That was just what I needed to hear to stop being cranky and start being reasonable!

As for what you are feeling...I would give it a bit more time. Don't make calls quite yet. I had a 2 hour period like that yesterday, a 1 hour period like that on Tues, and a 4 hour period exactly like that on Monday. And today...nothing!

This could very well be it for you (everyone is totally different), but give it a bit more time to be sure, I would say.

The good news is that every little bit does something to help prep for labor, so this may mean that when labor does start, it will be a little easier with a little less work for you to do than you otherwise would have had to do!

I'll be thinking of you today and checking in to see what's up!!!
#45 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 05:34 PM

37+6

Had my weekly dr appt today. Just check BP and urine and listen to the HB. Doc hasn't even asked if I wanted to do an internal.

I told him I was getting to the point where I was always tired and sore and asked when I could start my short term disability. He said i'm far enough along now that we can start it now! Yea! So, i'm offically done with work until about Mid-May! I'm so excited about that!
#46 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter
Dea

Teeny I've been feeling the same way for a couple days now. Yesterday the period cramps coincided with Braxton Contractions, so perhaps something.
When I first started feeling the period cramps it was the middle of the night and I remember squeezing my knees together being lazy and not wanting to get out of bed and rummage for a tampon...
old habits die hard!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#47 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 06:38 PM

Thanks all for the good thoughts. I wasn't quite sure what's the buzz... Well the gals I work with suggested I go home, just in case, so I did. I called my MW, she says sounds like we're gearing up, but it could be a while yet, as long as 72 hours, maybe more. So, I'm here at home chilling out and doing some laundry and just letting what happens happen. Really, I didn't feel like work today anyways. I won't decide on tomorrow until, well, tomorrow. Ugh the computer I'm typing on right now is really bizarrely set up and it's very hard to read text, so I may not post alot until Mr Toona gets the other one set up, but I don't feel worried yet. I guess my biggest fear is going into labor at work, now that I'm home, I'm exceedingly calm. heh. Go figure. I will pop back on after a while when my non-blurry computer is ready. Then, I will be a little more talkative with you. Please excuse any typos, I really can't see too well, what I'm typing, screen is too blurry on this setyp, so I'm just typing by feel right now. More later, I'm sure.

#48 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 07:04 PM

Anjanetteopal, that's AWESOME. Thanks for the update.

Mama to EG, Mate to MD, Writer, Editor, International Jewel Thief.
#49 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 07:33 PM

Anjanetteopol, I'm so glad that you are feeling good about your doctor, with all that you've had to deal with the past week! What a relief that must be.

Teeny - I'm with you on the "wish I knew exactly what is happening" front. I've also been getting periodic um, globs. Very sticky, very insistent on coming out, and not really any blood unless it's a day or two after dtd. I'm figuring it's The Plug, coming out in bits. And lots of very aggressive BH, entire belly gets hard and it's enough to stop me in my tracks if I'm trying to do anything. Along with the lower belly/menstrual-style cramps, it keeps me wondering. But, sigh. What will be, will be. Right?

They threw a shower for us at work yesterday, and I half have myself convinced that it means that Baby will come this weekend. I know several women who went into labor a day or two after their work shower. Random, I know. Have also talked myself into, "If it doesn't happen this weekend, it won't happen until after the full moon."

Jaxinsmom, good luck!
#50 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 07:51 PM

anjeanetteopal--I am glad you found someone you like! Great news!

Sarah Lynne--(My name is Sarah, also) I am so sorry that things are crappy today! I wish I could give you a hug and offer a little more than just virtual support.

Today my *baby* turned four! We let dd #1 stay home from school so we could all celebrate together. This is the one day of the month that I don't want to have the baby, just because I don't want the girls to share a birthday. I have no rational reason for it. Just because.

Tonight we are having dd's favorite dinner of hot dogs and shells and cheese. Ugh.

My midwife came over today for a prenatal visit. She says to call anytime! I would love to call anytime! I am 40 +2.

I love hearing how you all are doing!
#51 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 08:00 PM

Alright. I'm back. Had a nap and feel a little more calm.

I'm starting to stress out about a bunch of things and its not good for me. My edema keeps coming back and the midwives want me on bedrest. That's impossible. I have an almost 2 yo to take care of and no one to help take care of him. I can't even trust DH to take care of him most of the time because it just ends up with me having to listen to him yell "NO!" three zillion times in 15 minutes. So I don't bother.

My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer Oct. 06 and was in remission until recently they found a tumor on her brain. She probably won't be with us much longer and I keep getting pressure from her that *I* need to take care of my father (not that he needs someone to actually take care of him he's in fine health.) I'm 9 months pregnant. I'm not ready to deal with this stress.

My aunt who found out she's pregnant a few weeks ago miscarried a few days ago. It wasn't too unexpected because she's 48 and it wasn't planned, but it's still a shock.

My cousin who was due 6 weeks after me just had her baby girl yesterday at 32 weeks. She's 3 lbs and seems to be doing well, but I don't know much. I found myself wishing I was her even though I would never wish a preterm birth on ANYONE. I'm just that tired and worn down. It makes me feel like a terrible person.

I was upset earlier because my midwives came today and I didn't know they were coming. My house is a disaster, I was still in my underwear, and I needed to shower. So I settled for changing into clean panties and wiping out the bathroom sink of all DH freaking hair because the man doesn't know how to clean up after himself The midwives leave and I get a chance to go in search of DS and I find him in the bathroom having squeezed DH hair gel all over the floor. He keeps trying to get up and sliding all over the place. So that was the straw that broke the camels back. I manage to get to the tub and not slip and hurt myself and get a bath going for DS and then I threw a dirty towel over the floor, because there was no way I was getting on my hands and knees to clean it up. DH just happened to choose that exact moment to come home. Thats when I got on here and wrote. DH ended up picking a shift up at work tonight so that leaves me taking care of DS and not getting the bedrest I need. Go figure. I had a few contractions during my nap, but nothing since I got up.

So now I'm gonna sit here and surf the web and try to pretend like everything is ok. As soon as DS goes to bed I'm done for the night. DH can entertain hisself because frankly I couldn't give two cow pies what he wants right now.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#52 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 08:46 PM

Sarah Lynne!

I don't even remotely have any words that could help at all in the face of so much today. Thinking of you and hoping that this no-good-very-bad-terrible day is over soon!
#53 of 58 Old 02-07-2008, 09:28 PM

Dea, happy 1001

mom2-3 Happy 4th b-day to your DD!

Sarah Lynne, I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

I am almost in shock, my 3 have been playing together *nicely* for almost an hour!!!! What is going on????

I just watched 2 birthing video's : I was reviewing them before I watch them with the Dc's. So Ds comes in the room while a baby is being born, and he watches for a moment and says "coooool" then he looks at me and says, matter-o-factly, the baby comes out of your bagina, right?", and then pointed to mine, I answered "yup" , and he said "cool" again and walked out. Well, if he happens to be up when baby makes his/her debut, I guess he'll know what to expect. I also talked with my littlest DD about some of the things that might happen, mostly about the noises and faces I might make, so we made noises and faces together. She liked that! I'm still not sure if they're gonna be there or not. Ideally, I'd love it if they went to sleep and stayed asleep until morning and wake to a new baby in the house. But I swear the 2 little ones would be so disappointed if they missed anything. They talk about it all the time! 37.5 days today! Yay!!!
It's bath time and then bed time, yay!

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

#54 of 58 Old 02-08-2008, 12:43 AM

Hi everyone. I've been a little absent the past couple of days. With DP back at home, I'm busier with other things. Lots been going on. Some stress, but not much. Actually we came to an agreement for now. I think its just going to be one of those things that is in transition for a time.

So the coolest news is that we are moving this weekend into a much nicer place. When he got back from his trip and realized that the property mgmt ppl had blown off my complaint about the conditions in our current house, he got after them. I didn't have the energy to do it I guess. But they set it up today for us to move into another location super close to our current one that is so much nicer and much more space too for just a few dollars more per month. Pretty exciting. But that means we need to get stuff done, packing and moving in the next couple of days! So I will probably be absent for a bit more time. I don't want to miss these babies being born, but I really want my little one born into a place that is healthy, we are moving cuz of mold.... so it's really important. So wish me luck, I need this little one to stay put for a couple of weeks to move and get semi-settled.

I had some intense sensations this noon. It felt like every few minutes or so that the baby was trying to punch *his* way through my cervix. They were uncomfortable, not especially painful though but they were very low in location and unfamilar to me. But I think I have a pretty high pain tolerance compared to most ppl I know, so unless something REALLY hurts, I am kinda ambivalent about it. But these sensations did make me jump/cringe, I kept asking the LO to stop. When this continued for 10-15 minutes, DP began giving me *those looks*, the ones like, are you sure this is nothing? So I started thinking about things I have learned from you wonderful ladies and thought, maybe I need to drink water. I did have a caf. chai this morning after my water, so I know I dehydrated some. And wouldn't you know, the water did it. Within a few minutes they stopped. This didn't stop the baby from then trying to out the latest trick, to attempt to push a foot out the side of my belly, like pushing very hard and I can feel the foot, so I usually try to push it back in.

Anyway, I wish I could spend more time here. It seems like a lot is happening.

Teeny! I'm so excited for you, even if its still a few days or whatever for you, it's really cool that you are seeing things progress.

Best wishes to all the other ladies here too. I may get a few moments to pop on here tomorrow too, so we'll see.

Gotta go, DP cooked dinner tonight and he's waiting for me so we can eat.
#55 of 58 Old 02-08-2008, 12:50 AM

samantha...which videos did you pick? i've yet to weed thru them to show my 3yo...

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#56 of 58 Old 02-08-2008, 01:21 AM

I love the way new babies smell. Super yummy.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#57 of 58 Old 02-08-2008, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Now you're just bragging.

Congrats on Bear, and welcome home!

#58 of 58 Old 02-08-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Oh oh!! Congrats!!!!!

SarahLynne, I"m so sorry... I wish I knew something else to say...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page