Daily Thread Feb 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-07-2008, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter
Dea

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my 1001 post!! Golly I just noticed on another one! Crazy.

Also Happy New Year! It's the Year of The Rat!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2008, 10:23 AM

Go Rats!

Now I need to go out for Chinese food and consult my placemat to see what that means. Actually, I won't - while I cannot say I've had any AVERSIONS during this magical journey of wonder and excitement, I can say that eating Chinese food has acted as a... cleansing agent. I'm fine with cuisines from every other culture, including Japanese and Thai, but cheap Chinese or pricy, I wind up in the bathroom for three hours if I dare eat it.

Which SUCKS, because we're moving two hours away from my favorite Chinese place ever. I would normally have been eating there once a week to make up for the impending separation! /pout

Mama to EG, Mate to MD, Writer, Editor, International Jewel Thief.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:28 AM

Congrats Dea!

40+5 today. It is DD's birthday!! We have already had several celebrations so I don't think we are doing much today. I wanted to celebrate early just in case....

Not much of anything going on here. I am going to my exerise class this morning, and then home to do some more nesting/cleaning. Hoping to sneak in a nap this afternoon!

Hope you all have a great day! Happy Chinese New Year!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:39 AM

Good morning everyone! I'm still nowhere near labor but it's so fun getting up every day and reading that someone is in labor or has had a baby.

Mom2-3- happy birthday to your dd!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:17 AM

Mmmmmm...who mentioned Chinese food? I didn't need any help in the craving department!

Still pregnant here - 37 weeks - nothing looking close to labor. My stomach is so tight that it actually hurts to do something simple like dry off with a towel after a shower. I wish someone would sedate me the last few weeks of pregnancy; they are the worst!

Called to get my GBS results and they were negative.

I have an u/s scheduled for today and another visit with the midwife, and then I need to go grocery shopping, which I'm really NOT looking forward to. I spent so long waiting to move that I got used to shopping for a few days at a time, and I've only been here a week and haven't gotten out of that habit yet. I'm doing a major trip today and then cooking and freezing over the weekend.

Happy Birthday to mom2-3's DD!

Single WAHM to 5yo DD, 2yo DS, and forever 7 week old angel DD.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:37 AM

Happy EDD to me!!!

Now I need Chinese food - do you think dh would leave for work a half hour late so I can have Chinese food? None of the Chinese restaurants around here open until the time he usually leaves for work!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:46 AM

Hey!

Hanging around here too! 38 weeks 3 days. Feeling some pains in my back.. like near the old kidneys, so I want to make sure I drink extra water today.

SNOW SNOW SNOW here today. :

I think we got a good 6-8 inches, DH is out snow blwong before work, so he isn't even going to get to work until 930-10, so he won't be home to late tonight. blah.

The hardest time of day for me is the afternoon. I get so tired.

ok.. off to read some more!.

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:48 AM

40+4

everyday it's a mystery if i'll wake up still pregnant, i did! i still feel fine, but damn, i'm tired this morning!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:55 AM

Yay for sleeping a full night (with two trips to the bathroom - but that's nothing)!!!

Today is the day we have to make decisions. Not really looking forward to it but trusting things will become clear as the day wears on. I have an appointment with the doc who has agreed to see me last minute at 11am and then I get to call the midwife who has offered her services and decide whether to set a meeting up with her based on my impression of the doctor.

I didn't go anywhere or do anything yesterday, I think out of a little bit of fear that I would go into labor (I'm 39w1d) and have to make frantic decisions about where to birth the baby. DH worked late and I didn't want to have to face that alone. Thanks for staying put baby!

Blessed to be married to my awesome husband since 2006.
Mama to Aidan Robert (Valentine's Day 2008) and Cora Ruth (3-13-2010) :
Old 02-07-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjanetteopal View Post
Yay for sleeping a full night (with two trips to the bathroom - but that's nothing)!!!

Today is the day we have to make decisions. Not really looking forward to it but trusting things will become clear as the day wears on. I have an appointment with the doc who has agreed to see me last minute at 11am and then I get to call the midwife who has offered her services and decide whether to set a meeting up with her based on my impression of the doctor.

I didn't go anywhere or do anything yesterday, I think out of a little bit of fear that I would go into labor (I'm 39w1d) and have to make frantic decisions about where to birth the baby. DH worked late and I didn't want to have to face that alone. Thanks for staying put baby!
*hugs* mama I hope everything works out for the best!

I'm still here. 38.1 weeks. Didn't sleep well last night. DS kept waking up so I was up 3 or four times. Wishing I could get this show on the road. I realized why I was ok lasting to 41 weeks with DS but I'm now done at 38 weeks with this one. I got pregnant in April and m/c at 8 weeks. 4 weeks later I had another positive test and was pregnant with this little one. Right now it feels like I've been pregnant for 50 weeks... I'm trying to be patient and not try inducing in any way that I would if I were truely desperate i.e. Castor oil (I've tried spicy food, pineapple, and sex all I ended up with was heartburn and tender netherbits), but it's getting harder not to let myself do that stuff because of the stressors all around me and my body just being that tired (although we have resolved things with MIL so I'm not afraid she's gonna randomly show up and I'd have to hurt her)

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

Old 02-07-2008, 12:34 PM

40 weeks 1 day and still here! Last night my midwife actually called to kindly request that I not have the baby last night. 11-13 inches of snow and blizzard conditions, roads horrible, etc. She also wanted to make a plan just in case the baby did come, like if she got stuck have my dh go pick her up, etc. I was actually feeling really crampy and fairly frequent contractions, so I took a hot shower and drank a couple of servings of Bailey's to slow things down. I actually slept really well last night comparitively. I have an appointment with my midwife today, ugh it feels like this baby will never come.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:35 PM

Well, I'm 39 weeks today. And in about 5 minutes, this pregnancy will have lasted longer than DS's did...weird. He was born at 8:33 the day I hit 39 weeks. I really didn't think I would make it past the day he was born, so I'm in a weird, cranky, surreal mood this morning.

Thinking of you all...it looks like for a couple of mamas this might be the day.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:50 PM

Ok ladies...want to have your baby? Make this pizza! It worked for me with DS, and my friend with her DS. DD was more stubborn LOL. But seriously, 2 out of 3 times we gave birth within 24 hours!!! They call it their "labor inducing pizza". Skipolini's Prego Pizza Story.

The toppings:
The Prego Pizza
(Our world famous labor inducing masterpiece…It really works!!)
Salami, Pepperoni, Ham, Mushrooms, Olives, Bell Peppers, Extra Onions, Sausage and Ground Beef, Linguisa, Extra Garlic, Parmesan, and Oregano

Seriously, my sister and I ate it for lunch and labor started at 7pm LOL!!! At the very least it can't hurt anything.

I slept awful once again...I was in bed at 8 with the kids but COULD NOT SLEEP. I dozed once around 10:30, woke up coughing a few minutes later, and that was it. I don't think I went to sleep til 1. I'm so glad DH gets home tomorrow night!!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Old 02-07-2008, 12:59 PM

40w2d. Finally got a decent night's sleep last night with the aid of a Unisom (I recommend this--my MW says it's okay). Today we sent DD to school, and DH is at work, so I am luxuriously, gloriously alone in my house with nothing scheduled to do!! The ecstasy! I can't decide whether to steam-clean the LR carpet (been wanting to do this but know it will make me contract like mad) or lie around and watch TV and read all day.

I'm over my cold, pretty much, and DD is too, pretty much. I know I have been holding this baby in very consciously because of health worries for the family, so we'll see what happens now. I went into labor with DD at 40w2d.

grateful mother to DD, 1/04, and DS, 2/08

Old 02-07-2008, 01:01 PM

Aaaah...Prego Pizza! I had someone make some for me when I was pregnant with my second - he was 5 days late at that time and wasn't born for 3 more days - but I was in labor the last 3 days!!!

One of my friends suggests eating a bag of salt and vinegar potato chips.

My dh is at an appointment this morning (yes, he scheduled an appointment ON my edd ... and then has to go to work and won't be home until 10 : ) and I SO wish he'd get back soon so I can run to the store and pick up a few things. I need to get out of the house at least once today! We really need a second vehicle!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 01:05 PM

38+5 today, woo hoo! Just 5 days ago it seemed like forever before this baby would be born but I'm starting to realize she's coming soon! We had the carseat installed with the fire department yesterday and now I'm driving around with a carseat in my car! A shocking realization for a first time mom.

I had an appt with the midwife yesterday but she was up catching babies all night so I met with one of the OB/GYNs. I was hoping to meet with the midwife because DH hasn't met her yet but maybe he'll get a chance before the baby comes. The OB said the baby is very active (I hear that EVERY time) with a heartbeat that fluctuates from the 150s-170s. She's laying head down-ish, she's actually diagonal, something that cracks me up....only my child would do something so bizarre. She's also very high up in the pelvis. Her best guess was that my LO is about 6.5lbs and should be an average sized baby at delivery .

They are going to let me go to 42 weeks but typically induce at 41. I'm thrilled that they are so open to my "crunchy" ways of doing things.

Aside from that, I'm just trying to decide when to stop working....I'm leaning towards next friday since I'll be 40 weeks then and able to take time to get ready for this special delivery!
Old 02-07-2008, 01:07 PM

Good morning all! I haven't had the chance to hop on until just now between this that and MDC's silly server junk... Sheesh!

39+4 today, a little more of that EWCM looking stuff this am, and some funky new movements in the pelvic area, but no ctxs or anything else. Still ok with that. Everyone at work is checking to see if I'm still here these days LOL. I've been given a project to work on... yay (i've been so bored)! But am taking my sweet time with it, as I think it could be the last they give me. Glad it's the year o' the Rat, that's Mr Toona's too. We were figuring we'd be out of the range of the pig (which is due to my youngest dsd's fondness and humor when it comes to eating piggies ). I'm going to try to be better about the personals, I post from work, so I have sporadic availability to do so - other times, I've got lotsa time... so here goes!

Dea, happy to you!!

Writerbird, Chinese does sound good. Do you know if the places you go use MSG? Because my MW says MSG cleans you out much in the way that Castor oil does... hmmmm....

Mom 2-3 happy B-day to you DD! Any chance of a birthday buddy coming?

Kathywiehl, someday it will be the rest of our turns, you wait and see!

AlwaysByMySide, sorry to hear you're so uncomfy. For some mommas it can be so rough! But hey on being GBS-

Lincap and Bloominmamas - don't you all know that blizzards and snow bring on labor?? heh, at least I'm convinced we won't have this one til somethign BIG happens in the snow department!

No worries, sarah, you will be there soon... no one has their first bday in utero, right?

anjanetteopal, good luck on your decision, what a difficulty this late in the game. And hey, only 2 trips to the bathroom? I can't remember the last night I had like that!!!

Ahh Mommy2Austin, I can imagine that with two pregnancies so close as that, how you must be feeling ready to be done. Hang in there Momma, you're close!

Lovetobemama congrats on your longest pregnancy yet!

True Blue, is linguisa tongue? because I just can't go there! But otherwise the 'za looks good! Yay on your DH coming home soon!

signature currently in transition
Old 02-07-2008, 01:08 PM

37 weeks, and I really thought last night might have been it. I had loose stools all day, and strong contractions in the evening for a few hours very close together. I also just felt really out there. Things petered out, and I went to bed. Oh well. As much as I'm tired of hurting, obviously this little babe isn't ready yet. And I sure shouldn't complain when some of you mamas are already PAST your due date! Every time I wake up at night I wonder if any of you are laboring at that time.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:08 PM

hey ladies,

somehow the chiro has helped my hips and i am sleeping better these days! yay! think baby may be dropping down deeper into the pelvis, too!

getting ready to start my 37th week...i gave birth at 37.2 days last time....so send me sticky vibes to get through this week, please! i have my mother's blessing on sunday and really want to be preggo for it!

love to you all!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:12 PM

OMG Amy, I have heartburn just reading about that pizza.

We are lacking good Chinese food in these parts. DH brought home some of the WORST Chinese food I've ever eaten the other night. I really miss Boston.

I think I've finally turned the corner with being sick. I still feel icky, but everso slightly better. DS woke up last night and refused to go back to sleep for 3 hours. I finally just left him in his crib with 5 or 10 books and he finally konked out on his own.

I'm 38+5 today. Did anyone notice how the new moon really did bring about quite a few labors? Or maybe it was the rain? I think my fetus is waiting until the full moon on the 20th, or later.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
True Blue, is linguisa tongue? because I just can't go there! But otherwise the 'za looks good! Yay on your DH coming home soon!
Ick no. It's some kind of Spanish sausage, IIRC. FWIW, I couldn't find any when I made it for my friend and it still worked LOL. I lived out there when I had DS so I ate it at the actual restaurant, so it sure had it ALL on there LOL!!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Old 02-07-2008, 01:28 PM

37 weeks today.

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:33 PM

Me too!!! I'm so excited to be 37 weeks!!!!

Old 02-07-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Ick no. It's some kind of Spanish sausage, IIRC. FWIW, I couldn't find any when I made it for my friend and it still worked LOL. I lived out there when I had DS so I ate it at the actual restaurant, so it sure had it ALL on there LOL!!!

Uh-oh, Linguisa could be Spanish tongue sausage, as Lingua is tongue in Spanish... I don't think I would add it to my pizza either!

OK, I am officially not of a great mind to work anymore. I just wanna be thinkin' baby, not areas and volumes. Maybe I do want this baby to come "on time" heh heh.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:43 PM

Teeny, everything sounds like it's getting ready! That's great! Just having some changes helps me feel like progress is being made! I'm actually pretty zen about the whole being past dates thing. It's everyone else that's bugging me! (family) My DH is being great so that helps, I wish he'd stop being so tired at night and actually try to "help"!

anjanetteopal, I hope you get a conclusion that is better than the original! I'm glad you are able to get things figured out so quickly. Stay in for a little longer baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by applecore View Post
Every time I wake up at night I wonder if any of you are laboring at that time.
That's so sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
The toppings:The Prego Pizza
(Our world famous labor inducing masterpiece…It really works!!)
Salami, Pepperoni, Ham, Mushrooms, Olives, Bell Peppers, Extra Onions, Sausage and Ground Beef, Linguisa, Extra Garlic, Parmesan, and Oregano
Oregano is actually contrained in pregnancy, they must put a lot on! I agree with the heartburn comment!! I'm glad your hubby will be home soon!

Gunter, Stay in little one! Cook just a little longer!

I feel weird today, nothing labor like, just weird. I might take DD to a baby sitter's and run to town and do some things by myself while I have the chance. Then again, I just of just want to sit on my butt.....hhmmm decisions!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:49 PM

Today is 40w for me ... DS came at 40w2d, so I can only hope for a repeat, right? Last time, I was 3cm and had been losing mucous for a couple of weeks by 40w. I was 2cm on Tuesday, and lost my first big blob o' snot this AM - nothing bloody, but something nonetheless. My OB doesn't think I'll make it to next Thursday's appointment, but I scheduled it anyway.

We're ready for you baby! I've got your clothes in the dresser and the co-sleeper's waiting by our bed. Diapers will arrive after we know how big you are (my ILs pay for 'sposies - that's one of their gifts for each grandchild). And your big brother is making sure that your num nums are in good working order. He's very excited to be getting something out of them these days. I don't know how thrilled he'll be at sharing them, but we'll work that out. Don't worry - you'll get first dibs every time.

Married 6/16/01 ~ WOHM to DS1 4/29/06 and DS2 2/13/08 ~  ALMOST an RVT ~ dog2.gif dog2.gif goldfish.gif

Old 02-07-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avarie View Post
Today is 40w for me ... DS came at 40w2d, so I can only hope for a repeat, right? Last time, I was 3cm and had been losing mucous for a couple of weeks by 40w. I was 2cm on Tuesday, and lost my first big blob o' snot this AM - nothing bloody, but something nonetheless. My OB doesn't think I'll make it to next Thursday's appointment, but I scheduled it anyway.

We're ready for you baby! I've got your clothes in the dresser and the co-sleeper's waiting by our bed. Diapers will arrive after we know how big you are (my ILs pay for 'sposies - that's one of their gifts for each grandchild). And your big brother is making sure that your num nums are in good working order. He's very excited to be getting something out of them these days. I don't know how thrilled he'll be at sharing them, but we'll work that out. Don't worry - you'll get first dibs every time.
Aww, Avarie, this is soo sweet, your little comment to the baby. Gets me a little teary!

That's good to know Sarah! I figured you're pretty groovin' about it. It is crazy once people start getting all excited at like week 38, and when past 40, I can only imagine... I may very well experience that!

Old 02-07-2008, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulupetalz View Post
OMG Amy, I have heartburn just reading about that pizza.
Me too.

40+3 and if one more person tells me in that whiny voice to hurry up and have the baby already, I will strangle them.

It's been very snowy here in MI. I desperately wanted a fish sandwich (every commercial on tv was for fast food fish sandwiches) last night but it was too dangerous to drive anywhere. DH said we'd go get one today... but he stayed up until 4am playing the Sims 2 so we'll see how late he sleeps in before he works tonight.

DD1 6 1/2 DD2 9/20/14 (18 weeks)
Old 02-07-2008, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
Dea

So today I am 38+4, and I'm good and ready to have a baby.
My midwife guesses that she's close to 7lbs, which is bigger than I thought that she would grow at all. I was a small baby 5lbs 2 ounces, and DH was 5lbs 6 ozs, so I thought she would be well under 7. And now I am kinda amazed that I have a 7 pound person in me! Right now! Golly. And kinda proud, apparently I did something right if she's that big! I had nightmares about her being under 6 and my doula shaking her head at me, 'cause I didn't eat enough protein and that's why she's so small. When I told her about my dream she laughed at me. She promises to not be disappointed in me.
Anyhow today it's lovely and sunny here (I'm sorry snowy people...) so I think I will walk, and walk, and walk some more. I spent all night communing with my baby telling her that today would be a great day for her to be born. I also intend to eat a whole pineapple, which actually sounds really yummy.
And Chinese food... hmmm especially wor wonton!

Also if she is 7 lbs she can't grow more, she has no where to go, I have baby everywhere, there is no room. I'm a shorty Mcshorterson!

Okay baby today would be a great day to be born! You'll like it here, Daddy is cute, the Mama makes cookies and the dog will give you kisses and the cat will ignore you. (keep it that way, he's grumpy and old) Today will be a good day to be born, and you would be a New Years Baby!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
Old 02-07-2008, 04:53 PM

Im trying not to read too too much into this, but I admit I'm getting a little "ooh ooh." TMI herein... I've been having that sensation that's like "hmm I need to check and see if my period's starting" (which is actually what I thought for a moment until I said to myself - duh... you're pregnant). The sensation I wouldn't call cramps, but gearing up with a certain amount of, I think I feel some flow coming out, and a high concentration of I need to poop. (Actually I've gone a bit more frequently today than yesterday). Well, I just went to the bathroom and here there's more of that EWC looking mucus, a fair amount of it (several swipes of tp worth). I wonder... I've had some squeezin' going on, but nothing with a pattern, mostly just the usual.

Of course this could mean a several more days, though right? I might just be getting overly hopped up. I don't think anything's imminent... yet...

User Tag List