Daily Thread Feb 8! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 02-08-2008, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last week or the week before, another mamma (Nature?) posted the same question about the baby slowing down. It's very common for movement to slow down between about 37 weeks and the end-- Babe just gets totally squished in there, and doesn't have as much room to wiggle free. As long as you're still able to get 6-10 movements in an hour, you're all good.

I'm so drained and tired. Before I left the hospital, I learned that my hemoglobin was 8.1. It was an epiphany for me-- no wonder I'm so tired! My mother was kind of horrified and wanted to know why they hadn't transfused me. I don''t think it's *that* bad. yeesh.

Lots more to say... but I think I'll take a nap instead.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 02-08-2008, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post

I'm so drained and tired. Before I left the hospital, I learned that my hemoglobin was 8.1. It was an epiphany for me-- no wonder I'm so tired! My mother was kind of horrified and wanted to know why they hadn't transfused me. I don''t think it's *that* bad. yeesh.

Lots more to say... but I think I'll take a nap instead.
Holy crap, Rynna -- my hemoglobin was 10.6 and I felt like absolute SHIT!! I've been taking Floradix to get it up and can't BELIEVE the difference it makes in the way I feel. Get thee some iron!

Thanks for the reassurances, everyone, re: slower baby. I emailed my midwife who also reassured me but said that we could get a U/S if I wanted. I don't - I think I'm just anxious and this is something I can fixate on and stress about. I think the baby is just quiet in the morning - this afternoon he/she was a little acrobat, so I think I'm just having to adjust to a different behavior pattern.

I am hoping this is a girl to balance out all the boy births we've had!!

I had shooting pains in my boob tonight which I haven't had since my first tri! I guess something is happening hormonally. A girl I know online who has the same edd as me lost her mucus plug today - is it weird to be jealous of mucus?? Oh well. We do have one more big shopping trip I'd like to get done before the birth, and I'd like for my parents to return from their vacation trip before the birth, too -- so there are lots of good reasons for this baby to stay inside for another week at least. I'm trying hard not to be impatient!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#33 of 34 Old 02-08-2008, 11:51 PM

39 weeks and 3 days here. Still contracting regularly, tonight they've actually been a bit on the painful side. After being sent home though, I don't think I'll go in until I have a head between my legs. Ugh, the look the nurse gave me when she was apologising and saying, "You'll be back! Don't worry!" blah blah.. made me feel 10 years old. I hate being patronized. I'm sure she was just trying to be nice but geesh..

My daughter gave me her cold today, which wasn't nice of her. Its a cross between a congestion cold and a head cold, because I'm feeling kinda foggy. So that kinda stinks.

But I was in a better mood today and was productive around the house. The amount of boxes left to unpack is less than 10, and the girls room is actually looking okay.. My room... uh.. don't ask. I seem to have misplaced the bag that had all the clothes hangers in it. : And we don't have any dressers because of the bedbug thing we went through.. so that means my room looks like it did when I was 15.

Well, I got my girls to sleep early tonight so I think I'm going to head to bed myself.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#34 of 34 Old 02-09-2008, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
Holy crap, Rynna -- my hemoglobin was 10.6 and I felt like absolute SHIT!! I've been taking Floradix to get it up and can't BELIEVE the difference it makes in the way I feel. Get thee some iron!
I'm working on it. 10.6, though... that's low, but not ridiculous for me. I've been taking Floravital, and it does help but I'm still quite low. I can tell because I go from awake to exhausted in moments, and I'm still quite pale. Once I get stabilized, I'll be fine... until I start menstruating again, whereupon I'll become severely anemic. Then something will happen to make me aware of that fact, and I'll (hopefully) take care of it. So much fun...

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page