Mothering Forum banner

Please send happy turning thoughts at 12:30 CST (update post 12)

641 views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  snozzberry 
#1 ·
I have an external version scheduled at 12:30 pm CST. Please send me happy turning thoughts around that time! I'm really hoping this works because no one in my city will deliver a breech baby vaginally.
:

TIA for your happy thoughts!

See less See more
#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
Turn baby turn! Birthin' Infernoooooo!! Turn Baby turn!!!!
:
:
:
I was chanting that then saw this... so you all know I'll be singing this all day.

Turn baby turn!

#9 ·
She turned!!!

Her head is now down to the left of my pelvis, so I'm going to try a walk tonight to coax her a little to the right.

Man, that procedure HURTS, but it was worth it!

Thank you all for thinking of me today.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by snozzberry View Post
She turned!!! Her head is now down to the left of my pelvis, so I'm going to try a walk tonight to coax her a little to the right.
Man, that procedure HURTS, but it was worth it! Thank you all for thinking of me today.

i just saw this thread for the first time today. kelly- i am so happy that your babe turned!!! sorry that it had to hurt to make it happen. i know you are just so thankful and have such a burden off of you now. i pray that she stays HEAD DOWN right through birth!

#12 ·
After 7 hours of being head down, she turned back to where she was before.

I don't know what to do with myself now. Do I pick up with the tilts and inversions and acupuncture and chiro and moxabustion and homeopathy again? It didn't work before, so why would it work now? Do I schedule another version for next week? I don't want to go thru that pain again only to have her turn back. But, I'd still rather go thru that again than have to schedule a c-section.

I'm trying to focus on the fact that no matter how she comes into the world, I will have a sweet little baby soon. But it's so hard to let go of the possibility of having the kind of birth I wanted.

What do I do now?

#13 ·
Well DAMN IT!
That really stinks, Snozz.

I don't know what I would do in your shoes. I would really want to avoid the c/s. At the same time, I would also wonder if there was a good reason my kiddo wanted to stay breech.

Are you sick to death of trying to get her to turn? Can you talk to your doula or a trusted friend and process this a bit? Would you feel better if you had the c/s scheduled for a few weeks from now and still worked to turn the baby before then (sort of setting a deadline, however arbitrary)?

I'm sorry you have to struggle with this.

#15 ·
Oh NO! That SUCKS! I'm in a similar boat here and had a section with #1 because she was breech. Like you, moxi, tilts, chiro, nothing worked.

Personally, I would do all the exercises and chiro again (but not the moxi- too stinky) and then schedule another version in a week or so just to try again. Baby may turn on her own! Have you tried Pulsatilla?

#16 ·
my chiro is well-known for using the webster technique to turn babies. i personally know two people who he helped. personally, having an unmedicated, intervention free labor and birth is really important to me. so, i would work to turn the babe these next three weeks and keep the babe down as much as i could. ultimately trusting my body and my babe. so, yeah, mama, if you have the time and energy, try to keep up the hard work.

it's all preventive measures for a great birth! you may have to do the hard labor three weeks before you thought you would be doing it!

#17 ·
That really sucks. I would try all the natural ways first, of course, but I also might consider doing another version in a week or so and inducing right after...whether in the hospital or at home with more natural methods. I would do about anything to avoid a csection!

#18 ·
I would keep at things to avoid a csection. A mama I knew that her baby kept turning back to breech hours after her version, went home and did all the natural things to help ripen her cervix. She went back and had one final version and then had her water broken so baby had to stay down.

That might be an option for you as well.

#19 ·
Oooh mama, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I would be dissappointed too. Don't give up though. You are right, the baby is going to come regardless but keep working to get the birth you want. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work and you get a beautiful baby regardless. For me, I know I'd regret it if I didn't do EVERYTHING I could do to get the baby to turn.

Try some fear releases too, that can sometimes relax you and the baby enough to help with the breach position.

I've got my fingers crossed for you!!

#20 ·
Thanks for the advice and support, everyone.
It really, really helps.

36 hours after the version, I'm feeling more hopeful again. I'm going to try a new chiropractor who specializes in treating breech positions--I see him today. And I'll call the acupuncturist today and try to get in ASAP. She gave us some smokeless moxa, so we're going to keep up with that every night. I don't know if I'll keep up with the tilts--they never seemed to get her to move an inch. And I'll try more swimming this weekend.

I called the doctor's office and told them the version didn't stick. They wanted me to come in ASAP, which would be Friday for them. That seems too soon, when my body is still sore from the first one. But I am 38w1d now, so time is short for having a successful version. If she hasn't turned by Monday, I'll call them and try to get another version scheduled, I guess. Ugh.

The option of inducing labor right after another version isn't one I had considered. I'll talk to my MW about that tomorrow morning at my appt. I'm not sure how I feel about that, though. I want to make sure she's fully cooked! But I also really really really want to avoid a Cesarean birth.

However, last night DH and I talked through the different paths this birth could take, one of which could be Cesarean. I'm so against that path that my body was physically shaking when we started talking about it, and I couldn't control it. But I need to accept that Cesarean is a possible outcome in any birth regardless. So while it sucked to talk about, I feel better about it now. We focused on the good things about that path--that DH and my doula would fight for our baby not to be separated from us, that we would find all the natural remedies we could to cleanse the drugs from my body and help bring my milk in, etc. I still don't want a Cesarean birth, but I can see better how I could cope with one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
At the same time, I would also wonder if there was a good reason my kiddo wanted to stay breech.
Yes, I am wondering this too. The chiro I talked to yesterday said probably it's just not the most comfortable spot for her to be head down, and that's why she turned back. So I'm hopeful his adjustments can help her be more comfortable. He said he has about a 75% success rate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
Would you feel better if you had the c/s scheduled for a few weeks from now and still worked to turn the baby before then (sort of setting a deadline, however arbitrary)?
If I have to go the Cesarean route, I really want to wait til I go into labor first. Then my plan is to go to the birthing center to have them check her position one last time, then transfer to the hospital if necessary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the elyse View Post
i'm assuming your ob/mw (can't remember which one you have) won't catch a breech.

Yes, there's no doctor or MW in my city who will deliver a breech baby vaginally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolafanana View Post
Have you tried Pulsatilla?
Yep, I had been taking that. I stopped when I got the version, but I'll pick it up again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.