Daily Thread, Feb 13th!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I might as well get things going because sleep is somewhat elusive tonight.

Anyone got any big plans for Valentine's Day?

I'm 39+4 today and I am so DONE. I have hit that point, you know? I was thinking that I wouldn't mind going another week or two earlier on this week, but I have changed my mind. This baby can come anytime now. I really think I'll sleep more after she is here.

I checked myself today and I am 3-4 cm and 50% effaced. How much longer could it possibly be? I'm ready.
#2 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 04:34 AM

Happy EDD to me!

I tried laying down about an hour and a half ago and contractions have kept me up. They are still 10-15min apart but that last one HURT so badly I couldn't stay in bed. Think I'm going to eat something and watch a movie...

Blessed to be married to my awesome husband since 2006.
Mama to Aidan Robert (Valentine's Day 2008) and Cora Ruth (3-13-2010) :
#3 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 07:14 AM

I'm also 39+ (due Fri). I had my final appiontment today and I am a whopping 2cm despite a good week of hard contractions. All this talk of prelabor making your labor quick and easy. So I'm settling in for another week or 2 and hoping it might go quicker, but not expecting it kwim? I've never been pregnant this long. My twins were born at 35.5 weeks and my singleton at 39 + 2. Maybe next week

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#4 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 07:46 AM

I've been watching the same movie (Because I Said So) for 3 hours and I'm only 3/4 of the way through it. I have to pause it every 6-7 minutes for the contraction to pass. Can this really go on for weeks? I have an appointment (for work) in 6 hours and I can't imagine being able to keep a straight face through an hour long interview process at this rate.

haha. Kind of incredible to be going through this now... I'm only half complaining... it's not so bad, just surreal. I'm sure this part will get old fast if it keeps up though. lol

Blessed to be married to my awesome husband since 2006.
Mama to Aidan Robert (Valentine's Day 2008) and Cora Ruth (3-13-2010) :
#5 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 07:58 AM

Good morning, Ladies! I thought I'd be the first one here this morning--but how nice to find everything already started. I'm at 38w2d and I think I probably have a ways to go. No big Valentine plans over here, but here's hoping for some Valentine babies around here!!
#6 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 08:19 AM

40w6d here ... my plan for Valentine's Day is to hopefully GIVE BIRTH!!! I'm beginning to get impatient to meet this little one! And it would totally be my dd's dream come true if we had a Valentine's Day baby (especially if it's a girl!).

If not - I'll be going to a midwife appointment!!! My dh will drop me and the kids off at my parents' house and my mom, H, C and I will go to the midwives' office (an hour away) while A and Z stay with my Dad and have a "boys' day".
#7 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 09:19 AM

Mornin' ladies!

39+4 today and holding strong. I keep waking up at night with BHs and this morning DH and I DTD - no motives there ! I'm not even to my due date and I've been saying that I'm going to go late...now I'm ready! I'm still mostly okay to wait but I'm so excited to meet my baby girl, that is my primary motivation. Plus, yesterday at work I couldn't sit without hip or sciatic pain so now I'm ready for my maternity leave to start.

Luckily, I'm feeling good for the most part and snowed in today so I get a day off.
#8 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 09:22 AM

38w6d

Been awake since 3:45 this morning due to a contraction. First one to wake me up, so it seemed a little exciting.

Happy 33rd birthday to me! We are going out to dinner tonight with my parents. Italian food...mmmm!

Been doing laundry this morning, washing the new crib bedding. Also made some cranberry juice labor ice cubes and a popsicle.

Have a great day, everyone!
#9 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 09:45 AM

Look at all you mamas gearing up and getting ready, having contractions! Our daily thread seems to be getting fewer people on it each day...hoping that I am throwing good labor vibes out there to all who need it!

39+2 or 3 here. Doc's appointment yesterday, and she cheerfully said, "See you next week!" I'm not getting internals and not checking myself, so don't know how much, if any, dilation/effacement is going on. I'm not a patient person; I figured that knowing that something is changing but it doesn't necessarily tell me anything would just make me more impatient.

Have been getting really good, strong, long, B-H the past several days, usually when I'm driving. Isn't that a strange time? It makes shifting and changing the radio a bit interesting.

We are getting a nasty little ice/snow storm right now, so I'm working from home today. This would not be a great day for Baby to make an appearance.

Oh - one of the women at work gave me her Maya wrap and her pump yesterday, un-asked for! I'm so grateful and want to think of something nice to do in return. Maybe I'll bring her some of our syrup from last year as a thank-you.

Hang in there mamas. I have a strong suspicion that I'm here with you at least through the weekend...
#10 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 10:14 AM

I had a horrible day yesterday but I'm NOT going to have one again today. We're getting a window replaced in our house today and I'm going to clean more and finish some shorts I've been knitting for the baby. I am 38w5d as of today and not expecting baby to arrive anytime soon, so I've decided to ignore ALL contractions for now and just pretend we still have months ahead of us.

Some of you sound like you might be ready today! ELVs to you and good luck!
#11 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 10:17 AM

39w1d here! Ctx every 20 min from 4-6am... then they just stopped. blah. just stoppped.

We have a nasty snow storm... DHs work sometimes cancels and they didn't, which is really bothering me because since the schools are closed they aren't plowing the roads yet. So DH is out there shoveling/snowblowing to get the car out, so he probably won't get to work until 10, then home around 630, and by 6pm we are supposed to have an inch of ice ontop of the snow.. blah. I just hope he is careful today. I told him to stay home and either take a vacation day or work Sat to make up today but he gave me an evil stare and just went out the door. He only has 5 vacation days that he can use when he wants. He as 5 other days that HAVE to be used during chirstmas week. So it is a sore spot. blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymph View Post
38w6d

Been awake since 3:45 this morning due to a contraction. First one to wake me up, so it seemed a little exciting.

Happy 33rd birthday to me! We are going out to dinner tonight with my parents. Italian food...mmmm!

Been doing laundry this morning, washing the new crib bedding. Also made some cranberry juice labor ice cubes and a popsicle.

Have a great day, everyone!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#12 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 10:22 AM

38 + 3 today!

I've been up since about 1 am (it's 8:15 am now). Ugh! I fell asleep with ds2 around 8:30pm, and dh accidently woke me up coming to bed. It will be a loooong morning till nap time! I'm hoping some friends will make it up this morning to visit; we've had a lot of ice/snow here lately, so I'm not sure if anyone will be up to the drive or not. I hope so, though!

Tomorrow is my dr.'s appt. and the day I will make the final decision about having my membranes swept this weekend. I'm still a bit unsure and am trying not to stress over it till tomorrow when I have more information. Crazy to think that I could have a baby in 3 more days.

I got the last of the new baby's burp towels and changing pads sewn up last night. I think we pretty much have everything ready!

Happy Birthday Nymph!

A happy woman
#13 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 10:43 AM

Hi all! 40+3 here today. I'm starting to feel a little concerned as all you folks are experiencing some kinds of preparations, and besides the whole enganging sensations last week, I've got nothing. No contractions (besides an overall tightening BH), no dilation sensations nada. Does this mean I've got another 2-3 weeks? Do you have to have dilation contractions prior to labor? From what Mr Toona could tell yesterday, there was no amount of opening or thinning on the ol' cervix.:

Ok, now's the time to stop the obsessiveness! Other than all that, I'm doing ok. Came into work today, as the roads were far better, and everyone's all dissappointed. Thanks alot guys, way to keep my focus going... Sheesh. Been struggling with a bummed out feeling, but whatcha gonna do, a watched fetus never starts labor, does it. I just need to keep in mind that I originally gave myself until the 28th to be "ok" with whenever the birth happens. I just need to re-remember that... Also, I think I'm done with coming to work, and that's helping my anciness... sheesh. Oh, on the upside, just found out my cousin is due in Mid-October - woot!

Happy Birthday Nymph!!: (That's sparkling grape juice, by the way!)

Happy EDD AnjenetteOpal! May it be all you wish it to be!

signature currently in transition
#14 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjanetteopal View Post
Happy EDD to me!

I tried laying down about an hour and a half ago and contractions have kept me up. They are still 10-15min apart but that last one HURT so badly I couldn't stay in bed. Think I'm going to eat something and watch a movie...
My whole labor was contrx 10- 15 min apart until the last hour. This could be it!!! Hoping for the best for you and sending Baby Vibes your way.

For the rest of you waiting. I had been contracting for 6 to 7 hour streches for 2 weeks before I delivered. What I think finally brought him: I relaxed and did something to take my mind off of wanting him to come. I did two belly casts the day before he came. Infact he was born less than 24 hours later. I had help from my mom and sister. Something about being naked in the middle of a room and your mom and sis placing strips of plaster over your belly and breast. Well, we laughed a lot. Still need to decorate them. One is for Elijahs room, the other is for my midwives office. She is so excited. I'll send pics when I get them finished.

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
#15 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 11:14 AM

Howdy ladies

Today I am 39 weeks pregnant. Yay! Today DS has his first Drs, appt. Yay! I'm going to have a good day! *cut and pastes smiley face on self*

No seriously I'm bound and determined to have a good day. I got to spend some alone time w/ DH last night which was nice. Hopefully we'll get to spend more time together (even with DS ) before baby arrives.

Funny story...I was having contractions 10 min apart yesterday after we dtd and we got a phone call from the Florida Sheriff's Youth Ranch people asking for a donation. The guy was like "Mrs. Grimo? Uh is this a good time?" And I politely said "Well I'm about 9 mo pregnant and having ctx." His end got a little silent and he went "Umm...uhhh....oh...ummm wow you're giving me brain contractions" I then explained that we are also broke and can't donate at this time and he made a note of it. Ahhh kids (granted the guy is probably 2 years older than me )

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#16 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 11:37 AM

38+5

Me and DH's one year anniversary is coming up- 16 of February. I would love to call him and tell him that I had our baby on that day but we will just have to wait and see what our little man has planned.

My girlfriend surprised me with the sweetest gift basket yesterday- first gifts for the baby this is what was in it:
package of vegan fig bars
package of vegan spiced cookies
big bag of trail mix
a super soft baby blanket
organic cotton long-sleeve onesie
a 'necklace' that she sewed up herself- it's a satin-y fabric with lavendar sewed inside of it and I can wear it around my neck for birth or tuck near the baby when he comes out to keep him calm
a beautiful piece of cactus quartz
a big piece of amethyst growing on a rock
and my favorite- she wrote up a certificate for a foot massage I think I am gonna save it for when baby is here

She is the sweetest person and I couldn't ask for a better friend.

I missed my own shower because I left my husband and our home in the caribbean sooner than planned and came to the US for prenatal care with midwives- after yesterday though I felt like I had a shower.

If anyone want to send some labor vibes my way I will take them- I can't wait to get home to my husband and have my son in my arms. This pregnancy still easier than I thought it would be at this pt and I am thinking ahead to the next one HAHAHA- maybe after labor and birth I will be thinking how nuts I was at this pt wondering when I would have my next one already...
#17 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 11:38 AM

good morning, ladies!

38w5d today. my mw is coming this afternoon for a home visit and i just think it'd be awfully handy if i went into labor before she gets here. but i'm not keeping my hopes up.

i have been soooo irritable and ready to get this show on the road lately. it feels like it's never, ever going to happen. but just yesterday i stopped and asked myself, "are you really ready to go into labor?" the answer, of course, was, "YES!!" but then i asked myself, "are you ready to have your baby in your arms this time tomorrow?"

and that kinda spooked me.
which made me realize that maybe i do need a few more days.

Rachel. Devoted wife and joyful mama to Beatrice June(2/25/08) and Leona Agnes (8/10/10).
#18 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 11:43 AM

Teeny, don't give up hope. I was convinced Rivka wasn't coming on her own, I had NO contractions at all. They started about 6pm one night, got stronger & closer, and she was born 5:10 the next morning. I never even felt a braxton hicks with her before labor started.

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#19 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 11:43 AM

good morning!

just real quick wanted to say hello and i am still preggo! yayayayay!!! gotta go feed my 2 year old but will try to catch up later! there is a big thing at the general assembly today re: legislating our CPMs that I am going to later. wish us luck!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#20 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 11:48 AM

Well luckily everything I had all evening yesterday was nothing, like I thought. I just got nervous bc DH wasn't here. Honestly, if he wasn't far away I wouldn't have even mentioned it! And I am sooo glad it didn't turn into labor...DS woke up with a raging fever in the middle of the night and threw up...imagine dealing with that alone while laboring!! :

Teeny -- don't worry about no early labor signs. With my first, I had a day of mucous plug like you did and NOTHING else. Nothing. Aside from BH when I would take a walk. That's it. I even had a MW appt a couple days later and nothing big happening there, I had her check me since I was just about 40 weeks and curious and I was like the standard 1cm. He was born 4 days later. So you don't need prelabor stuff!!! DD was the same. I was discouraged, 40+3 at that point. I tried walking, sex, tweaked my own nipples watching tv that night...I really wanted my baby already lol...went to bed, woke up a little while later with my water breaking even though I didn't have any prior contractions. So, my point is, you can go from 0 to 60 in no time!!!

Oh, I had this really strange dream last night. I was giving birth but the Dr handed me a different baby. Mine didn't come out. But I had someone else's baby. Then the baby turned into an older baby that I was taking care of bc we couldn't find the mom??? So I brought her home and loved her. Then I thought gosh we have to find her mom. So I start looking online for babies lost at that hospital and figure out who she is so we can bring her back. It was quite strange.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#21 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 11:52 AM

40 + 4 and I feel like my body is going into hibernation mode. I just want to sleep and eat all the time. Maybe my body is getting ready for birth? Anyone else feel this way?
#22 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 11:55 AM

I'm also at 40+6 today. And I fell off the calm and peaceful Zen wagon yesterday, I'm afraid! I just started crying and lost it with my midwife and husband. Waaah! I'm feeling better today, I like the idea of a belly cast, may have to arrange that!

I too have been having off and on contractions for over a week, especially at night and I really thought we were in it for real on Saturday night, called in my birth team (mom to watch DS and sis for birth support) from out of town. They left yesterday after almost nothing the previous two nights. I know a baby girls got a right to change her mind, and sure I want her to come when she's ready but waaaa! It's emotionally exhausting to stop and start... I want to meet my sweet girl!
Anybody else feel like their pelvis is about to bust open? Or it could be all the walking, (also sex, Epo, nipple stim, acupuncture) that I've been doing to nudge her along...

Yesterday I feel like I gave up, especially with my peeps leaving, like I missed the bus, or the party and well, maybe next year a baby will come!

Thanks for letting me whine a bit. Midwife coming this morning, I think I'll have her check me and then we have to make some decisions about what next???

Happy, busy mama of 2 - A (9/05) and W (2/08)
Acupuncturist to pregnant and post partum mamas!
#23 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 12:03 PM

37+6 today. no plans for valentines other than dinner (as far as i know). dh is just coming off the master cleanse and i'm not sure he's ready for a full meal, and i'm still a little queasy from that damn burger i ate almost a week ago. haha.

i am going to be buying radiohead tickets tomorrow, they're coming to dallas in may.

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#24 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbane View Post
40 + 4 and I feel like my body is going into hibernation mode. I just want to sleep and eat all the time. Maybe my body is getting ready for birth? Anyone else feel this way?
Yes! that's all I did yesterday! Slept and ate and over and over again! I felt like I couldn't control myself, sheesh! Maybe we're loading up on fuel?

RachelEve14 and Amy thank you so much!!: Reading that helped alot! I mean, sure it could still be a while, but the fact that nothing's going on is what's really troubling me. Thank you so much. Now I've got to stop from getting too weepy at work!

mtnsunshinemama From what I've seen there's a tendency to get hyper irritable toward the end. You're gonna get there momma!

RasJi7 that's so very sweet! What a wonderful friend! Care packages mean so much, don't they!!

signature currently in transition
#25 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 12:12 PM

Happy Birthday Nymph!

Thinking of all of you who are dealing with so many ctx (and of all of you who are worried about not having many yet)

Hugs to you, Amy for the sick kiddo. That was me on Friday with ds.

As for me, EDD is tomorrow, and...I'm still sick as a dog. I haven't gotten the flu this bad since I was in college. All I want to do is crawl under the covers and stay there till the weekend. But DH isn't taking any time off to take care of DS because he just started with this job in the fall and he doesn't have a lot of time off saved yet. We know we will want all we can get when the baby comes, so he doesn't want to use it now. It's just a rough situation all around.
On the bright side, I think I am the only mama at her due date on our thread today who is hoping to NOT go into labor, and my uterus seems to pretty much have shut down during the last 3 days with this flu. The baby is still kicking and moving well, but the majority of the bh's and all of the true ctx are gone. I think my body knows this is NO time to deliver a baby.
I'm actually now hoping for another several days at least. I have quit all labor prep and have been basically imobile for 3 days now. I would love to be up and walking around and trying to get some energy back and get my pelvis back in alignment before I head into labor. We'll see!

Gunter, thanks for the kind words yesterday! And your blessings pics were unbelievably beautiful! What an amazing day!
#26 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 12:16 PM

hey teeny...my mantra lately has been "no one gives birth to a four year old." makes me feel a little better.

Rachel. Devoted wife and joyful mama to Beatrice June(2/25/08) and Leona Agnes (8/10/10).
#27 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
Hi all! 40+3 here today. I'm starting to feel a little concerned as all you folks are experiencing some kinds of preparations, and besides the whole enganging sensations last week, I've got nothing. No contractions (besides an overall tightening BH), no dilation sensations nada. Does this mean I've got another 2-3 weeks? Do you have to have dilation contractions prior to labor? From what Mr Toona could tell yesterday, there was no amount of opening or thinning on the ol' cervix.:

Ok, now's the time to stop the obsessiveness! Other than all that, I'm doing ok. Came into work today, as the roads were far better, and everyone's all dissappointed. Thanks alot guys, way to keep my focus going... Sheesh. Been struggling with a bummed out feeling, but whatcha gonna do, a watched fetus never starts labor, does it. I just need to keep in mind that I originally gave myself until the 28th to be "ok" with whenever the birth happens. I just need to re-remember that... Also, I think I'm done with coming to work, and that's helping my anciness... sheesh. Oh, on the upside, just found out my cousin is due in Mid-October - woot!

Happy Birthday Nymph!!: (That's sparkling grape juice, by the way!)

Happy EDD AnjenetteOpal! May it be all you wish it to be!
Don't worry about not feeling anything yet. With DS I had maybe a few BHs and that was it. Then 39w4d my water broke. I had not one ctx, ache, plevic pain, nada until 5 hours after my water broke.

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#28 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 02:20 PM

38+1. Feeling fine, nothing dramatic happening, no reason to think I won't be here another week or so . I'm feeling much more zen about all this - the kid will get here soon, and I am going to get as much done as I can in the meantime.

The chiro adjustment seems to have made the baby really happy. I guess there's a little less restraint in there so I've suddenly got more kicking and poking happening than I did for about a week! Good to know he/she is comfortable while we wait the rest of this out.

I am having a really hard time concentrating on my schoolwork now! My brain is so completely baby-focused. I should be using this time to work ahead, darn it!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#29 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 02:52 PM

38 weeks here. No sign of impending labor.

Haven't left the house since last Friday (ahhhh...it's been nice), and my only "plan" for V-day is my midwife appointment, along with 400 errands.

My 2yo woke up at 6:30 this morning, stayed awake until 9-ish, and then we both went back to sleep until noon, so it's been a weird day already. Other than that, just doing a little nesting, making lists, and I'm going to pack my hospital bag today, gosh darnit!

Sending ELVs to those of you dealing with contractions!

Single WAHM to 5yo DD, 2yo DS, and forever 7 week old angel DD.
#30 of 41 Old 02-13-2008, 03:26 PM

38.3 today. Dc's are home from school, lovely ice storm, well now it's mush, but I have been thinking about how they have vacation next week and how it'll be a great time for us to get ready for baby... We'll do projects and bake stuff, it will be fun. And then, by the time I am ready to kill them and before we welcome baby, they will go back to school and I will regain a modicum of sanity. As impatient as I am at this point, I can't believe my Edd is coming up so soon!!! I still have lots to do.

Quote:
a watched fetus never starts labor, does it.
Teeny, how funny and so true! I have never had any indication that labor was imminent until the night before I actually went into labor. With all 3, I had a full night of prodromal that would end around midnight or so, and then the real show would begin the next night. One of my BF's doula clients didn't have any warning at all, she felt like she had to poop, went to the bathroom and baby was crowning!

Happy Birthday Nymph, enjoy your night out!

Off to do laundry and more super cleaning!!! Weehoo, maybe I can put the LO's to work!

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page