Daily Feb Feb 19th! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is everyone in labor or nursing their newborns?

Welcome to Tuesday! How are we doing mamas?

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 10:54 AM

Hi Ladies!

It is my EDD today. Just got up haven't felt movement yet, eating breakfast, hoping to kick start some movement.... DS used to do this too!

Check in later!

HUGS

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#3 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 11:36 AM

39w4d here and feeling great this morning!

My teenager, who has been a royal PITA all weekend, got up and went to school without a hassle today. Usually I have to wake her 3 times, drag her out of bed, and nag her til she walks out the door, otherwise she sleeps in and misses the school bus. Today, she was an angel!

I went to see a chiro yesterday who coaxed baby to wiggle to a more anterior position, but as soon as I got in my car he moved back to posterior again. Meanwhile an email I had sent to another chiro in town got a response and I'm going in to see her this morning. This chiro is very knowledgeable about birth and pregnancy, works with local midwives, has had all of her babies at home, etc. I'm sure if anyone can help, she can!

None of my clothes fit except for a few pairs of knit stretchy gauchos, so today when I go out in the cold weather I'll be dressed for springtime. That should be fun

After the chiro I'm going to come back here and let the kids watch all the tv they want, while I sit and rest and knit. A friend is bringing me dinner for the family tonight, so I have to do NOTHING and we are all gonna get spoiled with lots of brain rotting television today and I don't feel guilty about it at all.

I'm in a great mood today. All the kids are behaving, the big one is off to school, the house isn't a pig sty, and I'm thinking it would be a great day to have a baby, but I have a feeling he's not coming out for a few days at least.
#4 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 11:39 AM

39w even here, and feeling much better than I did yesterday. I slept fairly well and for a LOOOONG time last night. I am in much better headspace. I think we're going to buy a second car today, yikes!

Kathy, my baby is flipping around to OP, too. I was not happy to discover this. I'll be spending a lot of time on the birth ball and hands-knees over the next week or two, I think.

I think this baby will be on time -- which means next week. I'm going to try really hard to just enjoy these last days!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#5 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 11:43 AM

Lauren, good luck with spinning that baby around and if you get yours to come around please let me know what and how you did it. I've been doing forward leaning, hands and knees all the time for weeks and he's so stubborn! I wonder if it has anything to do with something I have no control over? Placenta maybe? I feel like I need him to spin around if he's ever going to come out.
#6 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 11:49 AM

Still pregnant at 41 weeks.

I have an appointment today for a NST. I am not too worried because this babe is as active as ever. I am more concerned that my BP may be high. I am still having horrible swelling.

Will have more news this evening. Just wish this babe would hurry up and come on his/her own! Not looking forward to my induction on Friday.

librarian mommy (34) to DD (2/08), expecting a BOY in early spring 2011
#7 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 12:00 PM

Smokeylo - ME TOO! I slept so well, got up once to pee and I was sleeping in the same position for the 4 hours between going to bed and waking up. Only, I've noticed I've been really sweaty....blach!

Kathy - I'm happy to hear your kids are being easy for you today! My baby is posterior as well, I keep feeling the feet moving around on my right side. I'm hoping between the ball, chiro and hands and knees, I'll convince her to get in position. Although, I was having some decent contractions yesterday that were clearly trying to get her into place and she was fighting it every step of the way. DH and I were laughing because I seriously felt like it was baby vs. body and I was the victem, LOL.

Lincap - HAPPY EDD!!! I'm not sure why it feels like so much of a milestone but I was so happy when I reached my due date.

As for me, I'm at 40+3 today and going strong. I have outgrown just about all my maternity clothes. I have one pair of pants that fit right and they are white cords - you can imagine how great those look after 15 minutes in them since I have a black dog - the good news is that I can live in sweatpants now that I'm on maternity leave. Today I would have been at work and I'm not, it's a great feeling.

Baby is bobbing up and down, up and down. I don't know what she's up to...I've got my eyes on Friday for her birth day. Now if only she'd tell me what she's thinking LOL!
#8 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 12:08 PM

Hello all... 41+2 today. I was certainly cranky yesterday and last night I swear I woke up a million times and was just irritable (like atoddler who's cranky and you can't really figure out why or what to do to help them), felt like crying, but for some reason, no tears, just irritability. Well finally at about 6 am I got out of bed, took Ina May's Guide to Childbirth with me into a nice long hot bath and read about the body-mind connection. I tried to tune into my uterus/cervix/baby and actually came out of it feeling more peaceful and more positive about it all. I've got a little mantra going in my head that I'm going to tap into everytime I feel like saying "if this baby ever comes." Also I decided not to go anywhere where I know people will ask me those annoying questions or demand I not go into labor in their presence. I don't need or want that negative energy.

SO I'm working hard to keep that mindset going.

I think today I wil try and really make some headway around the house, and then later on convince Mr Toona to take a long neighborhood walk with me. (I'm still eating the pineapple tho, just in case)

edited to add: holy Crap, I'm over 1000 posts!!

signature currently in transition
#9 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 12:16 PM

good morning everyone! I slept six hours STRAIGHT last night!

39w5d...my cold is about the same...sore throat this morning still. I slept a lot last night and feel way better. I am having contractions this morning but nothing major. apparently my girlie is just not ready yet

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#10 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 12:37 PM

Seriously mamas!! This is the least cranky we have ever been!!! Sounds like almost every one of us so far has either gotten good sleep, is having a good day, or at least is in a mental place to work on being positive! YEA for US!!! We're all full term at the least, and several of us are overdue, so I think we should be really proud of ourselves for every day we are positive about things!!

Teeny: Congrats on the 1000!!!! You are way over, actually!!

Calebsmama: Congrats on the sleep! I got good sleep, but can't go 6 w/o a bathroom trip...I'm impressed!

Lillyblossom: I'll be interested to check in with you on Fri!! Maybe after the full moon, the little one will be ready to pop right out!

Phillybama: Hang in there! Hope the NST goes well, and baby makes it be Friday!

Kathy and smokeylo: I keep hearing tons of MW's say that babies just spin right down the right way when labor starts, especially if you have kept your pelvis and posture good with rocking...hang in there. My little one is STILL all over the place, so I'm just doing my rocking and telling her to drop down anteriorly!!

Happy EDD Linda!!

Morning Gunter, hope you are feeling well!

As for me, 40 weeks, 5 days today. Woke up in a great mood and actually felt rested! DH and I DTD spontaneously...we NEVER do it without some planning, so it was very fun! DS slept late...what a blessing! Having a few good ctx this morning, but wouldn't mind another day or so, so we'll see how the day goes from here. I do feel like babe is getting close, though. I'm thinking Thursday, for some reason (I think it's just because of the full moon)

Anyway, thinking of you all!
#11 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 12:43 PM

good morning! i got alot of things done yesterday that i wanted to do before the baby got here. (like...scrub my shower ) i had an appt with my mw last night and we brought the pool home. i have a giant blue softub in my living room. 38+6 today!

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#12 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 12:44 PM

I am 40 +6 today.
I am so ready to have her! Even the period like cramps have almost completly stopped. I have alot of bloody discharge though. I hope that is normal, I ill ask my doctor tomorrow. But I really want to have this baby. My husband couldn't sleep last night because he was nervous he is so ready tl meet this little girl!
#13 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 01:09 PM

Good morning mama's, I feel like crap today! Stuffy nose, mild head ache, can't smell anything, BUT! A friends DD is here to help me out this morning, yaaaay.

Quote:
Kathy and smokeylo: I keep hearing tons of MW's say that babies just spin right down the right way when labor starts, especially if you have kept your pelvis and posture good with rocking...hang in there. My little one is STILL all over the place, so I'm just doing my rocking and telling her to drop down anteriorly!!
I have always counted on this! My lo has been either LOT or ROT, right now LOt with his/her little bum/hip under my belly button and I can feel feet kicking my side! Long legs this one!

I had 4 ctx last night! Spread very far apart, but they were undeniable. I am so motivated to get stuff done right now!!!! And there's lots of stuff to do! Have a wonderful day mama's!

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

#14 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 01:56 PM

Hey all. 41 + 2 today and still no "sign" of anything major happening. I haven't been sleeping well and that has made me cranky the past few days (I hear ya TeenyToona due date buddy) but I have been trying to rest more in the daytime and that has really helped.

My mom was 43 weeks with her first so I realize I might have about two more weeks to go. I've been sitting in the right positions, taking walks, and having sex, but the baby is staying put. It will come when it's ready I guess and I'm ok with that.

I hope ya'll have a great day.
#15 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 02:05 PM

Watch out mamas! There is a full lunar eclipse on Wed night at 7:26!!
#16 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 02:32 PM

Actually, the eclipse is more like 10:30 ET There was one the week I was due with DD too, so that's pretty cool, actually. I'd love to have the baby tomorrow or Thursday!!!

I'm feeling MUCH better today, too. I slept 4 hours straight last night, and slept til almost 10am this morning. DH stayed home from work for me so I could keep getting well and get some rest, and I am SO thankful. I feel almost human again. All the natural stuff I've been doing for my sinus is WORKING!!! No face pain this morning, no fever, my ears aren't clogged....I'm SO happy. No antibiotics needed to give worries of yeast and new baby. So, now, if I just get my house the rest of the way in order today I'll be all set. Glad we all seem to be having a good day!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#17 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 04:16 PM

Hey! 39+2 days here.
STILL have a lot of pre labor. The whole day saturday and about 8 hours yesterday. Not painful yet, but really making it hard to be patient. Yesterday we had a freak day of warm weather and it really turned my grumpiness around. Today its cold and windy and and I feel like the world is trying to knock me down. BUT I'm not going to let it. My mom is flying in for 3 weeks tomorrow, so today I'm going to finish getting the house the way I like it. Then she'll keep it up for me once she is here.

I keep cycling back and forth between excited that the baby will come soon and depressed that all of this pre labor isn't progressing.
But today WILL be a good day! Keep it positive mamas!

Angie, mama to Anna '01, Mia '04, and Leif '08 and angel1.gif '03  angel1.gif'07 angel1.gif'12.Expecting someone new in 7/13! pos.gif

h20homebirth.gif familybed2.gif bftoddler.gif homeschool.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#18 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 05:11 PM

Still pregnant and no labor-building going on at all... hoping baby boy will come out soon as the ob was pushing for induction last week and I know the pressure will increase at this weeks appt. I am going to stick to my guns and I am hoping that I won't even see the ob for delivery as I have a wonderful midwife... but I don't want to go too long... I think my personal comfort level is not much longer than a week overdue. I have been walking a lot, using EPO since 37 wks and dtd and drinking rrl daily... taking long baths and enjoying my dd and dh... our last time as a threesome. I told myslef I wouldn't get ancy, but I'm ancy... I am ready. Hope baby boy is ready soon also.

I will probably try some more alternative methods this weekend... spicy food, maybe some cohoshes... hey, it's better than pitocin right?
#19 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 05:11 PM
Dea

Hi everyone!
To the Mamas with posterior babes (I'm one too) my doula told me that in 28% of natural births the baby is posterior but only 3% are born posterior, they turn while in labour or right before. So YAY!

elyse I scrubbed my shower down too. I've been using just water and vinegar but I broke down and used some commercial stuff and scrubbed hard with a brush and rinsed and rinsed, then had a shower and attacked the whole thing with a cloth and brush on my hands and knees. The shower wasn't that dirty, but I just felt that it needed to be a lot cleaner!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#20 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 05:42 PM

hello mamas... to all. I have just been to the college bookstore and with the three classes I'm taking my books are going to cost almost $500! FOR THREE CLASSES!

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#21 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 10:00 PM

I'm here too, mommies!

gerlassie
#22 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 10:20 PM

Still here. 39+4

Doc appt today and still zero dialation. Doc asked if I wanted to be induced next week. I declined. They scheduled me for an ultrasound on Friday, and NST for Monday. Hopefully babe will come and they won't be needed!

After the appt on Monday, i'm sure they will bring up induction again. Ugh.
#23 of 24 Old 02-19-2008, 11:58 PM

They scheduled you for an u/s? Already? I mean, you'll just barely be 40 weeks!! And an NST at 40 plus a couple days? I think I'd decline it all, IMHO, that's stress you don't need (not to mention tests you don't, either).

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#24 of 24 Old 02-20-2008, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

sorry to have missed all your posts today and not connected with you, my fellow mamas! i tried to stay active and busy today walking around everywhere and running some last minute errands. when i dropped a bag of stuff off at the thrift store, i went inside to browse the baby bin of clothes...not like i NEED more. but, i found the cutest Under The Nile organic onsie that has a veggie basket on it. a couple other things, too and they were 5 for $1. yeah, like .20 cents each. pretty ridiculous.

also, i bought babywise just to throw it away once i got home. that book makes my blood boil!

gotta take some time to read up on all that happened today!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page