Sleeping too well? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-19-2008, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not complaining, truly. But my baby slept through the night last night. And she has had long (like 6-7 hour) stretches of sleep since the day she was born. She's rarely fussy, and she sleeps a lot. But she's not lethargic. She's not difficult to wake up if we decide to wake her up. And she eats about 50-75 cc (1 1/2 - 2 1/2 oz.) when she eats. (I only know this because she isn't nursing well, yet, and we've been having to pump and finger-feed her.)

Should I be concerned? Is she sleeping too much. Do I need to wake her up during the night even though she eats really well before she falls asleep and when she wakes up? I love the rest I'm getting, but it makes me nervous. Any thoughts, anybody?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-19-2008, 12:52 PM

all 3 of my girls have wanted to sleep 6-7 hours a night within days of birth.
i have never been comfortable with it & advised to not let them go that long ..
so for the first weeks (till around 6 weeks) i would wake them up & get them to nurse
#3 of 5 Old 02-19-2008, 02:06 PM

I'd probably wake her up in between. My little man sleeps way more than my girls did. He can easily go about 4 hours at a time which for one of my breastfed babies is HUGE. He actually wakes up and just wants to go back to sleep, by the time I stand up to get him.. he's asleep again. If I offer the boob he just grimaces and goes back to sleep. LOL

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#4 of 5 Old 02-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Dea

I thought you were still pregnant and worried that you were sleeping too well.
I think my brain isn't working right.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#5 of 5 Old 02-20-2008, 12:31 AM

Hmm, with my DD, she slept 6-7 hours a night once she was past 3 weeks, and I didn't wake her up. Oh well, too late for her now. She's already 20 months.

Sorry no advice here, but I hope your wee one is thriving and gaining like she should be! My little man is not on any discernable pattern yet, so no two days (or nights) are alike. To my chagrin, yesterday he decided to be AWAKE between 4am and 7am...

Sign hanging in Albert Einstein's office at Princeton: Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page