being induced tomorrow... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 02-19-2008, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'm being induced tomorrow (for reasons valid to "me", so please don't start campaigning me!) and it's starting to set in, so i'm starting to get a little nervous!!! i'm not nervous about the procedure itself (pitocin & no pain meds) because i've been there, done that.... i'm just starting to realize that i have a "big day" ahead of me tomorrow! It almost seems unreal that it's tomorrow.... but it is starting to set in.

On the plus side... I do look forward to getting thru the first week or so when my pelvic bones will get back to normal.

...but meanwhile, i'm getting a little freaked out that it's TOMORROW!!!!
#2 of 12 Old 02-19-2008, 01:00 PM

WOW! I think that is awesome! You can prepare, get your laundry squared away. Get the kids settled and comfy before you leave. Have supper made for the kids and DH.. wonderful!

Wishing you the best of luck! YEAH! A new baby!

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#3 of 12 Old 02-19-2008, 01:09 PM

i was scheduled to have one too, but got him to come out without pitocin. I totally recomment a castor oil milkshake and some labor salad to try to get your little one out without the pitocin.

other than that, try to take one last day to yourself or if you can't double check everything sot hat you have nothing to worry about tomorrow.

good luck mama, yay baby!!

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
#4 of 12 Old 02-19-2008, 01:12 PM

accupuncture before an induction can help you avoid it or atleast help your body be more ready to accept it. good luck tomorrow.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#5 of 12 Old 02-19-2008, 01:36 PM

There is a part of me that is completely jealous...aahhh to know when the big moment will come! But I can understand that it can be a bit nerve wracking. You've done it before, mama. Your body was MADE to do this. Keep focused on the image of you holding that little one in your arms when it's all over. ELVs till then and don't forget to keep us updated .
#6 of 12 Old 02-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Dea

It must feel great to know that tomorrow is the day. No guessing and hoping, just knowing. Can't say that I'm not jealous.
Good luck and I can't wait to hear your birth story!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#7 of 12 Old 02-19-2008, 04:32 PM

Wooo hoooo! Baby on the way! Baby on the way!!!!!! Good luck tomorrow and everything will be perfectly awesome! Just imagine, tomorrow by this time (or shortly thereafter), you'll be holding your precious little baby! What fun Enjoy these last few hours of expectation...pretty high, isn't it?

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!
#8 of 12 Old 02-19-2008, 04:44 PM

good luck...I like not knowing...I'm a big baby and would be paralized if I knew that I was going to have so much pain (labor) ahead of time. this way I know its coming just not when...

can't wait to read all about it.

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#9 of 12 Old 02-19-2008, 09:58 PM

Good luck! I had a no pain meds induction, and it was the best birth I could have had considering I was induced. (Tried EVERYTHING natural first, including acupuncture.)

Best wishes!
#10 of 12 Old 02-19-2008, 10:04 PM

Good luck to you Mama!!! You will be in my thoughts tomorrow..:
#11 of 12 Old 02-19-2008, 10:04 PM

Good luck Camille. Keep us updated.
#12 of 12 Old 02-19-2008, 11:14 PM

hey camille,

i will be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you peace as you settle into your labor rhythm. one mom that i doula'ed for had an induction. instead of continuous EFM, we asked for the telemetry unit and she was able to walk through the beginning of labor way into it. she decided to have an epidural but really was glad to walk during the beginning. they hesitated to get the unit for us but i had read up on their website that they were available...only three but we got one of 'em!

hope you have a great labor and birth! please update us asap b/c we'll be waiting!!!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page