what are the chances - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-19-2008, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
of me Oing right nwo? I wanna dtd but dh is afraid I'll get preggo again LMBO I told him seeing is I am 3wks pp and am exclusivly bf'ding that I am NOT Oing but he just isn't sure LOL
#2 of 9 Old 02-19-2008, 01:59 PM

I'd think low, really low chances of Oing. But would be careful. Maybe use a barrier method if he is worried.

I did have a friend get pregnant with #3 right away. So I would use caution, but exclusive bf'ing will probably protect you for a bit.

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#3 of 9 Old 02-19-2008, 02:01 PM

um. dont know the chances. but my first son. i went to my 6 week apt & there was another girl there for her 6 week apt & she came out bawling & freaking out ..she was pregnant

really left an impression on me! i hate hate hate condoms..but the few times we have used them was when i was postpartum & hadent had my 6 week apt , or was waiting for my mini pill to kick in!
no glove = no love!
I could not have handled having babes so close!

i would not chance it.
#4 of 9 Old 02-19-2008, 02:17 PM

My mom and her brother are 10 months apart, soooo.... It is possible. I would use a condom, they are annoying (I have only used them once, DH and I were curious about what it would feel like, lol) But until you can get some birth control. I could imagine having 2 that close together. My husband would be happy if I came back from my 6 week appt pregnant though, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Christina View Post
um. dont know the chances. but my first son. i went to my 6 week apt & there was another girl there for her 6 week apt & she came out bawling & freaking out ..she was pregnant

really left an impression on me! i hate hate hate condoms..but the few times we have used them was when i was postpartum & hadent had my 6 week apt , or was waiting for my mini pill to kick in!
no glove = no love!
I could not have handled having babes so close!

i would not chance it.
#5 of 9 Old 02-19-2008, 03:08 PM

2% of ovulation/conception before six months IF:
1) Exclusive breastfeeding on demand. No pacifier, formula or other breastmilk substitutes, nursing at least 4-hourly with no more than one gap of 6 hours per day
2) No return of periods (a bleed at 6 weeks postpartum doesn't count.)

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#6 of 9 Old 02-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Dea

Oh I want that conundrum! 'Cause that will mean I've had my baby, and my body is working properly, which it's never done!
What about getting some fun condoms. There are some great ones out there.... (DH and I used them, I've never used any other form of birth control)

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#7 of 9 Old 02-19-2008, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

condoms are a NO they irritate me so bad it hurts I only go 3hrs once a day w/ out bf'ding that is when I first put him to bed otherwise he eats about every 1-2hrs and only use a passy in the car when I can't get to him but he won't hardly take it. He is getting a V done on Friday so that will be that but we still have to watch it till they say he is clear but gosh I am dying over here LOL
#8 of 9 Old 02-19-2008, 08:38 PM

how about doing "everything but"? have a fun sexual time without penis/vagina penetration!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#9 of 9 Old 02-19-2008, 09:55 PM

Are a lot of you DTD before 6 weeks? I thought it increases the chances of infection?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page