Daily Thread 2/20 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dea and smokey, I know what you mean. In fact, just yesterday I was talking with another mama (very non-crunchy) and we were talking about homebirth. I'm having a hospital birth, unfortunately, because of the illegal midwife thing (Missouri), but I keep it as natural as is humanly possibly under the circumstances.
Anyway, my friend said something about, "Homebirth sounds good, but it's the risk part that I could never be ok with. If something went wrong, I could never forgive myself."
It's not that I can't understand where she is coming from, but it just made me chuckle a little to myself because she is super pro-epidural and other interventions, and her thoughts are EXACTLY what I think about epidurals and other things. It's not that I think there's something inherently evil about them, it's just that I could never forgive myself if I got one and things went down hill for the baby. It's just not a risk worth taking. (And, many of the MDC mamas might say the same thing for even walking into a hospital with an otherwise healthy pregnancy! I just have to be at peace with this issue, even though I can see it clearly and dearly wish things were different here!)

Caleb'sMama: I hear you about the mucous. If it was bloody show or something clearly indicating this baby is choosing her birthday soon, I would be overjoyed, but more disgusting discharge is just a bother. Same here!

Hugs to everyone who has to deal with showing apartments. Sounds completely awful!!
#32 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 06:06 PM

my hot tub is half fixed now so i may be able to use it for labor, after all if the weather is decent when babe makes it's way down and out.

did some last minute grocery shopping and ran into a friend so we grabbed chinese food with our babes today. off to walk on the trail near my house and keep this babe's head in a good position and tire my dog out so he'll chill if i go into labor. the best news...which is very weird to share on the internet is that DH is no longer cut off b/c i am not scared of pre-term labor anymore! woo hoo!!! very fun. gotta go walk now!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#33 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 06:39 PM

Yay for bloody show! Linda, Keep us posted!!!! Mosesface, I hope everything went well w/ your OB today. I was up at 2 and didn't fall back to sleep till 4. Ugh, I've been dragging all day, but I've also been BXing and ctxn'y all day, good signs! I get that burst of energy at night too, but I've been making myself go to sleep, because the middle of the night waking kills me during the day, it also doesn't help that the Dc's have been home and I haven't had a nap all week. O.K. I don't want to vent I want to be happy! I am pretty excited, I haven't had so many ctx in one day yet, so it means something is pending!!! My MIL just dropped off a pan of veggie lasagna from my nephews b-day this weekend, so no cooking tonight, yaaaay! I feel like we're going to have a few babies tonight, weeehoo!!!! : to everyone who's ready to go!!!

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

#34 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 07:08 PM

yay my mom is watching the boys and my sis is going to take me to get a haircut...only 5 months until dh can get his license back YAY.

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#35 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 07:23 PM

Still here, 41 weeks today. I had an appointment with my doctor today, but they had given me an appointment card, but forgot to put me in the computer so I didn't get to see anyone! I want to know what is going on with my little one!
#36 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isra1986 View Post
Still here, 41 weeks today. I had an appointment with my doctor today, but they had given me an appointment card, but forgot to put me in the computer so I didn't get to see anyone! I want to know what is going on with my little one!
that is SO not cool!

I'm still here...eagerly awaiting my haircut tomorrow! had another gigantic glob of cervical snot. no bloody show yet though.

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#37 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Dea

I went to my OBs appointment today and she talked to me about induction. I'm only 40+2! I told DH that she would and he said she wouldn't. I should have bet him icecream. Anyhow I wasn't happy to have to talk about it. My midwife is fine just letting me gestate...
Anyhow I just had to have a little vent.
I think sometimes that my OB feels that she needs to win out over my midwife. However I could just be overthinking it all.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page