Daily Thread 2/20 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Still here, still pregnant at 41w1d.

I guess I am the first one up this morning. I just couldn't get to sleep--or at least, good sleep. Fingers hurt to much and now that the babe has dropped, it seems more difficult to turn over in bed--ouch!

There doesn't seem to be many of us left, but I am happy that so many are already snuggling with their babies. I am jealous right now, but know I will have my own snuggly-time this weekend. Yay!

librarian mommy (34) to DD (2/08), expecting a BOY in early spring 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 10:21 AM

I'm up, too -- been up since about 4:00. I wonder what the difference is between days when I wake up at 4 am and am upset and toss and turn and get so pissed that I can't sleep, and days like today when my mind starts racing and I end up getting up so I can start doing things.

Maybe this is a pre-labor burst of energy?? Anyway, I'm up with a list of things to do today and I'm feeling motivated!!

Are we crazy? We are trying to buy a car right now. I know we should have either done it weeks ago or done it after the baby is born, but we were looking around and came across a good deal and now we're going for it, even though who knows what could happen!! I hope it works out because we'll really need that second car when the kid arrives.

39+1 here and feeling fine. Nothing really remarkable or different going on.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#3 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 10:27 AM

I'm at 40+4 today and feeling good. All this extra time to rest and relax has been a godsend. Each day I do something small off the to do list and spend the remainder of the day knitting, watching movies, hanging out with friends, doing all the things I would love to normally do.

No progress towards labor. I'm starting to think Friday would be a perfect day for it though. I keep saying this kid is going to be born during the snow and my mom will have left town by then....timing would be perfect. Although we all know our babes are on their own schedule, lol!
#4 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 11:00 AM

I'm checking in too! My official due date is 2/21 and I am feeling a little funny this morning...upset tummy, very hungry and short of patience.I did rest really well last night. My 3 year old has been completely out of control since my In-laws have been here and my 6 year old has been in a grandpa haze. And fortunately they are leaving tomorrow morning! I'm happy they are going home but, a little PO'ed because I invited her to attend our birth and she's in qa hurry to get home to her geriatric dog and 38 yr old spinster daughter ( who has never left home ). FIL seems indifferent about leaving. Go figure...in her mid 70's she would rather be home than witness the birth of what may be her last grandchild. I even bent my birthing privacy rule for her. Funny thing is that she wants us to fly across the country right after our baby is born so she can spend some time with our baby. Hate to break it to her but, between buying a new home and needing a new vehicle to fit 3 car seats, we're not going anywhere soon.
Anyway mommies, thanks for the vent. I guess it won't be much longer for us!

gerlassie
#5 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 11:22 AM

Good Morning mommas! 39+5 (Wow!)

Woke up once that I remember last night and felt crampy and had rock hard long lasting braxton hicks contractions. I was pretty emotional yesterday but it felt good to cry a little in the morning- then the rest of the day I was cheery and enjoying maybe the last few days with my little guy inside of me.

My best friend is leaving Saturday- on my due date (her SO booked the trip without even talking to her about it- and she even was thinking of making him go by himself but I talked her out of that)- She is the only friend I have here besides my Mom and I am pretty bummed to see her go- she won't be back until March 9. I am so glad that I have a Post Partum Doula!

phillybama- I am also so anxious to have a baby in MY arms after reading all the baby threads!

smokeylo- I have a little energy burst yesterday and today too- I have a list up on the fridge- making and freezing more samosas, making jicama salad and cooking japanese curry tonight for dinner. Maybe buying the car will be the last thing off your subconscious nesting checklist and baby will come right out

lilyblossom- It's so amazing that we can still feel human at this point and even better that you are feeling good! I was thinking of going to the movies- maybe I can get my Mom on board for Juno... You've reminded me to do something fun.

gerlassie- I will never understand my in-laws. It was so thoughtful of you to invite her to the birth of what may be her last grandchild. Yay for getting your house back- having guests can be so tiring.

I'll check back on you all later. It's a beautiful day for a baby to be born- hear that babies?????
#6 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 11:32 AM

Good morning all! 41+3 today... Woke up from a wierd disaster type dream that left me feeling self confident (if you can figure that, I was the rescuer in it!), and woke up with a sense of: I can do it. So I'm going to keep that with me today, and do much the same as yesterday, a little cooking, cleaning, on all fours, walking, pineapple eating and DTD... hoping for some lunar eclipse magic to do its thing, but will not be upset if it doesn't.

Phillybama, You're right we will be snuggling our babes soon enough! I hope you feel a little better today. I know you've mentioned before having carpal tunnel, that alone makes sleeping hard. We will get through this!

Ooh Smokeylo, I can't imagine car shopping at this point, that it my least favorite thing, but hey, here's hoping you get a good deal!

Lilyblossom, you're right about the extra time being a bonus rather than a drawback! Good to get the last few things done, isn't it?

Gerlassie, maybe their leaving will help you achieve an ideal birth though. Seems like things around the house will calm down a bit for you and then your precious baby will arrive... Heh, flying across country with a troupe of kids and brand new baby, I wouldn't even if Iweren't buying new house and car! hope you feel better soon!

RasJi7, I always enjoy your posts, there's such a positivity to them, even ewith the cleansing cry. Sorry to hear your friend is leaving before you're ready. A post-partum doula sounds wonderful!

Well here are ::: to everyone else who needs them, mommas going into labor, mommas with new babes and us mommas who are still waiting on labor to start.

signature currently in transition
#7 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 11:39 AM

39+3

Between Saturday and Monday I had about 10 ctx and LOTS of braxton hicks. Everything sort of settled down during the day yesterday... but I think that's b/c DH had to go in for outpatient surgery. Then last night I had some bloody show at about 10. Went to bed, slept really well until about 2, when I had the uncontrollable urge to get up and clean the bathrooms, which lead to the desire to vacuum the house, start laundry, and sweep and mop the kitchen. DH was wonderful enough to get up and vacuum (even after his surgery! What a great DH!!!). I didn't even ask him to. Anyway, we went back to bed around 4:30. And since about 5 or 5:30 I've been having cntx... nothing regular about them, yet... but they don't go away with position change or activity.

So I called work this morning and told them I wasn't coming in today b/c I don't want to go into labor while I'm at work. So I'm going to stay home and fold laundry and rest. And hopefully things will continue progressing!

Send me some happy labor thoughts, please!!

mommy to Christopher 2/29/08
#8 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 12:02 PM

38 +5 here. still cannot believe the babe is inside. it's over a week longer than with ezra!

feels like i am going to just be posting daily check-ins to myself soon. DH has to take the computer to work but i wanted to read up on how you all are doing before he left.

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#9 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 12:04 PM

40+6...not "late" but starting to feel surreal. DS was almost 2 weeks old by this point.

Not a thing in my gut tells me how soon labor is. So strange and different from DS. I'm pretty at peace with it, but everyone around me is getting antsy, and that definitely makes it harder for me to stay at peace.

Got another good night's sleep...seriously, body, how is this even possible? Even with the bathroom trips, I am still able to just go back down. It's like the greatest pregnancy miracle ever. My heart goes out to you all who aren't well rested today!

I'm fine if the baby isn't ready yet, but a massive winter storm is coming in tomorrow and Friday, so I wouldn't be upset at all if she decided to come today. We'll see what happens!
#10 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 12:19 PM

39+5.

i am headed into town to wait for the OB today. i live about an hour away, so i need to be there for whenever they have an opening. thank goodness for wi-fi and coffee shops. (oh, i posted a thread here about what's going on, in case you're wondering why the heck i'm waiting on an OB!)

the baby is super active. she's gotta be pretty uncomfortable in there all turned around. all of her movements are jerky and painful for me. she's really trying to get back the right direction. i'm doing my best to speak soothingly and reassuringly to her and encourage her.

Rachel. Devoted wife and joyful mama to Beatrice June(2/25/08) and Leona Agnes (8/10/10).
#11 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 12:24 PM

wow, lots of us up early this morning.

39+5 here.

Dr yesterday and nothing, cervix is closed tight. I myself had that good cleansing cry yesterday. Amazing how much better I felt after I got it all out. I'm glad i'm not here all alone! I keep feeling like i'm going to be the last one in the DDC to have my baby!

I'm hoping the eclipse tonight/Full moon will help bring us all our babies!!

Eastern Time 2/20/08

Partial Eclipse Begins: 8:43 pm
Total Eclipse Begins: 10:01 pm
Mid-Eclipse: 10:26 pm
Total Eclipse Ends: 10:51 pm
Partial Eclipse Ends: 12:09 am
#12 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 12:34 PM

I was also thinking of the full moon and lunar eclipse tonght - very promising!!

Sounds like lots of little laborish signs going on for so many of you. Sending you peaceful labor wishes...

39+ here, I was in labor by now with my dd too. But also I don't mind waiting till next week.

mb

teapot2.GIF Mama to my sweet girls: notes.gif (2/02) and energy.gif (2/08) and brokenheart.gif 3/11 and now belly.gif  EDD 5/24/14
#13 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 12:52 PM

40w1d in labor!

Started another thread about it.

7:00am started ctx doing good. some long some short. have to see mw 11:15 today for regular appt. so that is good.

update when I can!

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#14 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabutterfly View Post
I was also thinking of the full moon and lunar eclipse tonght - very promising!!
The full moon is actually tomorrow

mommy to Christopher 2/29/08
#15 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 12:54 PM

Mornin', all...

38+5 here! I'm waiting for my mom to come over - she lives 45 mins away and is going to help me get this place in order, bless her! Though I actually could have slept MUCH later today than this. I didn't wake up early at all today (except to pee - which was fun because every time I thought I was done, I'd stand up and then realize there was still more. Guess that's part & parcel when a baby is resting on your bladder, huh?). Not much labor-y going on here. Two days ago I had SO MANY b-h & baby pressing my cervix, but practically none yesterday. Midday yesterday baby dropped from a fairly high position (it moved up during my sleep) back pretty LOW - but again in my sleep last night, moved higher again (though seems heading down again now that I'm vertical). The only thing that made me say "hmmm" yesterday was when I lay down to go to sleep - the baby was SO, SO, SO active, way more than during the entire day. And the movements had a distinct irritated feel to me; I may be projecting, but it really seemed a little bit like, "URGH! I just CANNOT get comfortable, get me the hell out of here!"

Mosesface...LOTS of : - hope the OB can help. Did you also see a chiro? Or are you waiting to see how a version goes? Turn, little one!!! I'm glad the babe seems like she wants to be in the other direction...that seems like a good sign. Hopefully once she gets back she'll just think, "thank goodness. I don't know what I was thinking before."

Shanniesue... : to you! (What is your job? Wow, I can't believe you're still working - hope this is it for you!)

phillybama... hope that dropping is a sign of imminent labor! but sorry you're so uncomfortable in bed Our new bed was absolutely crucial for me during this pregnancy (it's natural latex & my side is VERY very soft so I kind of sink into it. Even so, without a fully-engaged baby, rolling over can be quite the ordeal! So I feel for you...).

smokeylo...sure sounds like a pre-labor thing! good luck with the car. Boy, are you brave. can you imagine if your water breaks when you're going for a test drive? "Uh...nice car! Sorry...I...uh....spilled something on the seat."

lilyblossom - great that you're taking some time to relax! i haven't done that yet - still too much to do. yesterday with the help of a friend put all our cd's into binders so we can get rid of all our cd shelves (i really want to make as much extra space in possible in here!) so i have to list them for sale today.

gerlassie...that DOES seem really strange; hard to imagine someone willingly missing a birth, especially that of their grandchild... & at least your 3-yo will be calmer which will be good for you.

Rasji7...sorry to hear about your bf leaving BUT, who knows what your baby will decide to do? Maybe he/she will decide that it would be better to come a little early, before your bf has to go!

lovetobemama...bummer that people are getting antsy. i'm sure at the very end i'm going to want to avoid the phone so that it's not a barrage of "SO! ANYTHING? Are you going into labor yet?" Just let me be, people... hope you can hang onto the relaxed feeling & keep getting good sleep!!

jujubie/mamabutterfly - I forgot about the eclipse! I bet that will definitely affect some little babies around here

And teenytoona - you were in my dream! (actually a lot of MDC mamas were, a lot of us were in this big kind of room together, like a waiting area, where people were just going off to have their babies... ) And you had your baby, and it was a litle girl, with seriously the longest eyelashes I had EVER seen on any human being - they were a good two inches long, and dark, and some had little tiny feathers on the end that would wave gently as she blinked her eyes. It was a pretty amazing thing to behold. (She was totally healthy, by the way!) i don't know anything about pineapple eating but you keep mentioning it...how does pineapple help with labor? i've been eating tons of mandarins (like 6-7 a day) because i bought a 10-lb box by mail, not realizing what a VAST quantity of mandarins that is for 2 people, haha! so not sure i should be getting any OTHER fruit...

Gunter...I was thinking the other day again about that 'last woman standing' thing, like, "Wow, I might log on to post 'this is it!!' and who will be left to respond? I might have to respond to myself with some : so I don't feel left out!" I'll probaby be here with you at the end We'll see!
#16 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 01:04 PM

i'll be here too! i'm feeling like there will be 4 or 5 of us tooting our own horn while everyone else is nursing and baby mooning. i'm 38+6 today and the BH are picking up, but still don't have any of the promising back/menstrual cramping i'm looking for. today is FIL's bday, so i'd like to wait till NOT today to have this baby anyway.

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#17 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 01:13 PM

I'm on the fence between February/March, and the midwife expects this baby to make an appearance any time int he next week (although I would love to have another 2 weeks to prepare!)

Full moon/eclipse tonight should stir things up for everyone! The local midwives collective is always crazy busy within two days of the full moon and new moon, so hopefully that will send labour vibes to everyone - if not, it will be a nice clear night to watch the eclipse!!
#18 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincap View Post
40w1d in labor!

7:00am started ctx doing good. some long some short. have to see mw 11:15 today for regular appt. so that is good.

update when I can!

OOH LINCAP! I'm so excited for you, it's finally here!

ELVs mama and update us when you get a chance!!!
#19 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanniesue2 View Post
It's actually tonight....at 3:32am. So technically Thursday, but tonight nonetheless.

38.6 weeks today...and really so ready. Still trying to get well of course, the sinus infection is not completely gone, and though I had an energy rush early yesterday it fizzled out and I spent most of the day in bed again. I'd like my body back please, though, thanks. I know I'm still early but I guess once you've pregnany a few times it feels like forever sooner LOL!!! I need to go out and get a new duvet cover (still don't have one for the new bed, and the comforter is getting nasty...I need something I can throw in the wash before baby gets here) and I'd like some new bathroom stuff, our rugs are finally literally falling apart. I thought I could wait til after we move but the nonskid is falling off and I don't trust the floor in there while I am in labor or walking with a newborn.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#20 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybama View Post
Still here, still pregnant at 41w1d.

I guess I am the first one up this morning. I just couldn't get to sleep--or at least, good sleep. Fingers hurt to much and now that the babe has dropped, it seems more difficult to turn over in bed--ouch!

There doesn't seem to be many of us left, but I am happy that so many are already snuggling with their babies. I am jealous right now, but know I will have my own snuggly-time this weekend. Yay!
I have been having problems sleeping as well and I am jealous too! I'm trying to make myself feel better by doing a little something each day to pamper myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
I'm up, too -- been up since about 4:00. I wonder what the difference is between days when I wake up at 4 am and am upset and toss and turn and get so pissed that I can't sleep, and days like today when my mind starts racing and I end up getting up so I can start doing things.

Maybe this is a pre-labor burst of energy?? Anyway, I'm up with a list of things to do today and I'm feeling motivated!!

Are we crazy? We are trying to buy a car right now. I know we should have either done it weeks ago or done it after the baby is born, but we were looking around and came across a good deal and now we're going for it, even though who knows what could happen!! I hope it works out because we'll really need that second car when the kid arrives.

39+1 here and feeling fine. Nothing really remarkable or different going on.
I need some energy...AND motivation LOL. We're going to buy a vehicle this summer after dh gets his license back (it was suspended) it will be nice to have our own vehicle again and even NICER to have my license...I'm hoping to get THAT in the next couple of months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyblossom View Post
I'm at 40+4 today and feeling good. All this extra time to rest and relax has been a godsend. Each day I do something small off the to do list and spend the remainder of the day knitting, watching movies, hanging out with friends, doing all the things I would love to normally do.

No progress towards labor. I'm starting to think Friday would be a perfect day for it though. I keep saying this kid is going to be born during the snow and my mom will have left town by then....timing would be perfect. Although we all know our babes are on their own schedule, lol!
I remember how wonderful it was that first pregnancy to be able to rest as needed...I do now if I *really* can't function but with toddlers...I feel so guilty! enjoy this time mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerlassie View Post
I'm checking in too! My official due date is 2/21 and I am feeling a little funny this morning...upset tummy, very hungry and short of patience.I did rest really well last night. My 3 year old has been completely out of control since my In-laws have been here and my 6 year old has been in a grandpa haze. And fortunately they are leaving tomorrow morning! I'm happy they are going home but, a little PO'ed because I invited her to attend our birth and she's in qa hurry to get home to her geriatric dog and 38 yr old spinster daughter ( who has never left home ). FIL seems indifferent about leaving. Go figure...in her mid 70's she would rather be home than witness the birth of what may be her last grandchild. I even bent my birthing privacy rule for her. Funny thing is that she wants us to fly across the country right after our baby is born so she can spend some time with our baby. Hate to break it to her but, between buying a new home and needing a new vehicle to fit 3 car seats, we're not going anywhere soon.
Anyway mommies, thanks for the vent. I guess it won't be much longer for us!

gerlassie
SHEESH! how selfish! oh well their loss that they won't see your babe's birth I am due tomorrow as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RasJi7 View Post
Good Morning mommas! 39+5 (Wow!)

Woke up once that I remember last night and felt crampy and had rock hard long lasting braxton hicks contractions. I was pretty emotional yesterday but it felt good to cry a little in the morning- then the rest of the day I was cheery and enjoying maybe the last few days with my little guy inside of me.

My best friend is leaving Saturday- on my due date (her SO booked the trip without even talking to her about it- and she even was thinking of making him go by himself but I talked her out of that)- She is the only friend I have here besides my Mom and I am pretty bummed to see her go- she won't be back until March 9. I am so glad that I have a Post Partum Doula!

I'll check back on you all later. It's a beautiful day for a baby to be born- hear that babies?????
oops forgot to respond to you! on the best friend leaving...maybe you will have your baby before she leaves? I agree today sounds like a great day for a birthday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
Good morning all! 41+3 today... Woke up from a wierd disaster type dream that left me feeling self confident (if you can figure that, I was the rescuer in it!), and woke up with a sense of: I can do it. So I'm going to keep that with me today, and do much the same as yesterday, a little cooking, cleaning, on all fours, walking, pineapple eating and DTD... hoping for some lunar eclipse magic to do its thing, but will not be upset if it doesn't.
I hope it does something for you...I cannot imagine going over...ds2 was born ON his due date!
Quote:
39+3

Between Saturday and Monday I had about 10 ctx and LOTS of braxton hicks. Everything sort of settled down during the day yesterday... but I think that's b/c DH had to go in for outpatient surgery. Then last night I had some bloody show at about 10. Went to bed, slept really well until about 2, when I had the uncontrollable urge to get up and clean the bathrooms, which lead to the desire to vacuum the house, start laundry, and sweep and mop the kitchen. DH was wonderful enough to get up and vacuum (even after his surgery! What a great DH!!!). I didn't even ask him to. Anyway, we went back to bed around 4:30. And since about 5 or 5:30 I've been having cntx... nothing regular about them, yet... but they don't go away with position change or activity.

So I called work this morning and told them I wasn't coming in today b/c I don't want to go into labor while I'm at work. So I'm going to stay home and fold laundry and rest. And hopefully things will continue progressing!

Send me some happy labor thoughts, please!!
ELV! I hope this leads to you having a baby today
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
38 +5 here. still cannot believe the babe is inside. it's over a week longer than with ezra!

feels like i am going to just be posting daily check-ins to myself soon. DH has to take the computer to work but i wanted to read up on how you all are doing before he left.

wow you had your other LO early! Mine were both at 39w5d (according to O) so for this one that is tomorrow. I would feel weird if she isn't born tomorrow LOL. Drat your dh...what will we do without you all day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetobemama View Post
40+6...not "late" but starting to feel surreal. DS was almost 2 weeks old by this point.

Not a thing in my gut tells me how soon labor is. So strange and different from DS. I'm pretty at peace with it, but everyone around me is getting antsy, and that definitely makes it harder for me to stay at peace.

Got another good night's sleep...seriously, body, how is this even possible? Even with the bathroom trips, I am still able to just go back down. It's like the greatest pregnancy miracle ever. My heart goes out to you all who aren't well rested today!

I'm fine if the baby isn't ready yet, but a massive winter storm is coming in tomorrow and Friday, so I wouldn't be upset at all if she decided to come today. We'll see what happens!
I have no labor feelings either. with Caleb I got a feeling of an even day (he was born march 8) and with Jacob I kept seeing my birthday (and LMP EDD) and he was born that day...but this stubborn girl? nada! hopefully both of our girls are born today! my contractions today are wrapping to my back so maybe this *is* it! (I thought that on sunday too)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesface View Post
39+5.

i am headed into town to wait for the OB today. i live about an hour away, so i need to be there for whenever they have an opening. thank goodness for wi-fi and coffee shops. (oh, i posted a thread here about what's going on, in case you're wondering why the heck i'm waiting on an OB!)

the baby is super active. she's gotta be pretty uncomfortable in there all turned around. all of her movements are jerky and painful for me. she's really trying to get back the right direction. i'm doing my best to speak soothingly and reassuringly to her and encourage her.
good luck! update us asap I am praying for you BOTH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubie View Post
wow, lots of us up early this morning.

39+5 here.

Dr yesterday and nothing, cervix is closed tight. I myself had that good cleansing cry yesterday. Amazing how much better I felt after I got it all out. I'm glad i'm not here all alone! I keep feeling like i'm going to be the last one in the DDC to have my baby!

I'm hoping the eclipse tonight/Full moon will help bring us all our babies!!

Eastern Time 2/20/08

Partial Eclipse Begins: 8:43 pm
Total Eclipse Begins: 10:01 pm
Mid-Eclipse: 10:26 pm
Total Eclipse Ends: 10:51 pm
Partial Eclipse Ends: 12:09 am
man I was NOT up early LOL I slept until Jake started crying for me...I felt bad but man I just could not get up! good luck today..hope it works for you thanks for posting the times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabutterfly View Post

Sounds like lots of little laborish signs going on for so many of you. Sending you peaceful labor wishes...

39+ here, I was in labor by now with my dd too. But also I don't mind waiting till next week.

mb
wow lots of us that don't mind waiting! I hope your LO decides to come soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincap View Post
40w1d in labor!

update when I can!
many many many ELV's again! Can't wait to hear all about it
Quote:
how does that work exactly? is it just the day of hte full moon or teh day after or what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by steph117 View Post
Mornin', all...

38+5 here! I'm waiting for my mom to come over - she lives 45 mins away and is going to help me get this place in order, bless her! Though I actually could have slept MUCH later today than this. I didn't wake up early at all today (except to pee - which was fun because every time I thought I was done, I'd stand up and then realize there was still more. Guess that's part & parcel when a baby is resting on your bladder, huh?). Not much labor-y going on here. Two days ago I had SO MANY b-h & baby pressing my cervix, but practically none yesterday. Midday yesterday baby dropped from a fairly high position (it moved up during my sleep) back pretty LOW - but again in my sleep last night, moved higher again (though seems heading down again now that I'm vertical). The only thing that made me say "hmmm" yesterday was when I lay down to go to sleep - the baby was SO, SO, SO active, way more than during the entire day. And the movements had a distinct irritated feel to me; I may be projecting, but it really seemed a little bit like, "URGH! I just CANNOT get comfortable, get me the hell out of here!"
I have been having the same feelings about my girl's movements...especially after a contraction! hopefully it means it will be soon for both of us
Quote:
Originally Posted by the elyse View Post
i'll be here too! i'm feeling like there will be 4 or 5 of us tooting our own horn while everyone else is nursing and baby mooning. i'm 38+6 today and the BH are picking up, but still don't have any of the promising back/menstrual cramping i'm looking for. today is FIL's bday, so i'd like to wait till NOT today to have this baby anyway.
lots of waiting until tomorrow (at least) vibes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianna11 View Post
I'm on the fence between February/March, and the midwife expects this baby to make an appearance any time int he next week (although I would love to have another 2 weeks to prepare!)

Full moon/eclipse tonight should stir things up for everyone! The local midwives collective is always crazy busy within two days of the full moon and new moon, so hopefully that will send labour vibes to everyone - if not, it will be a nice clear night to watch the eclipse!!
hmph. my mw expected me to have my daughter 3 weeks ago. hopefully it won't be *too* much longer for you

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#21 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
It's actually tonight....at 3:32am. So technically Thursday, but tonight nonetheless.

38.6 weeks today...and really so ready. Still trying to get well of course, the sinus infection is not completely gone, and though I had an energy rush early yesterday it fizzled out and I spent most of the day in bed again. I'd like my body back please, though, thanks. I know I'm still early but I guess once you've pregnany a few times it feels like forever sooner LOL!!! I need to go out and get a new duvet cover (still don't have one for the new bed, and the comforter is getting nasty...I need something I can throw in the wash before baby gets here) and I'd like some new bathroom stuff, our rugs are finally literally falling apart. I thought I could wait til after we move but the nonskid is falling off and I don't trust the floor in there while I am in labor or walking with a newborn.
aha! that explains the confusion...IMO then it is TONIGHT

I am the same way...thought I was getting better and it turns out I'm really not. drat this cold weather!

#22 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 02:34 PM

I just lost the BIGGEST glob of mucus ever. its nasty. makes me feel sick to my tummy.

#23 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 03:07 PM

Man, I wish I'd lose a glob of mucous!!!! LOLOLOL!!! I'm off to walk the mall....it's too cold to walk outside!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#24 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMama05 View Post
I just lost the BIGGEST glob of mucus ever. its nasty. makes me feel sick to my tummy.
that's good, though, isn't it? doesn't it mean that maybe things are starting?
#25 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 03:39 PM

i would love to see some cervical snot right about now....

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#26 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 03:40 PM

I'd be jumping for joy if I had mucous!! Doesn't this whole ttc/pregnancy thing make you excited about the weirdest stuff? I used to get excited about fertile mucous, now I'm waiting for birth mucous!

Car buying - agh! Scary!! We've never done this before. Right now I'm doing all the communicating by phone between myself, DH, and the salesman. Hopefully DH will call me back, I can touch bases with him, and we can make an offer. It's a really good deal, I just want it done!

I'm also looking at having someone come by to clean our house today if possible. I've never hired "help" and feel kind of silly doing so but DH had a conniption this morning when he couldn't find his belt and I just can't keep up with the mess right now. Depending on how much it costs I may sign up for every other week for a little bit just to keep us sane, since family will be visiting intermittently after the baby gets here.

I guess we're throwing money at the problem .

I have to say that all of this phone calling and such is draining my energy pretty quickly and I'm strongly considering a nap! I don't think my baby is coming today but I think maybe this weekend -- I think he/she is waiting for a few more things to fall into place. And that's fine with me, I suddenly feel like I have plenty to do before I give birth!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#27 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Dea

Good morning.
I get to see my ob today, and I don't wanna! I see her in addition to a midwife for a bunch of reasons, but they are always back to back and it's so redundant. Oh well.
I think it's a little funny that some of us are so passionate about the moon and the exact date of things.
So funky moony thing tonight. I should figure out how to make my camera work in those conditions.
I convinced DH to buy me this Cadillac of cameras so that we could take great pictures of the baby, and I still can't use it off of automatic mode.
Our landlord is showing the house tonight and I am not happy about having people traipse through my clean house, when it's all rainy and nasty out. I wonder if they will take off their shoes. I hope so!

I read a thing on Hathor's website about how homebirths are unsafe as determined by OB/GYNs. sigh. It made me think. All of the anxiety I've had in this pregnancy has been because I was tested for something and was called by a geneticist who freaked me out (2 times) and it all turned out to be nothing. Or I had a nurse who couldn't take my blood pressure right and freaked me out and had many tests which all left me anxious, all for nothing. And I had an ultrasound tech who couldn't read the screen right and argued with me (2 times- I was right). All of this anxiety affected my baby, all because of doctors and medicine, and yet my choice for a homebirth is met with disapproval by them, when they've caused more harm than me!
Anyhow just something I've thought of. But to be fair I'll be the first jumping in the car to go to the hospital if needed. (a hospital that opened this August and is already always in overflow in the mat. ward-- nice job planning eh? Clearly that's a better place for me to be.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#28 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea View Post
Our landlord is showing the house tonight and I am not happy about having people traipse through my clean house, when it's all rainy and nasty out. I wonder if they will take off their shoes. I hope so!

I read a thing on Hathor's website about how homebirths are unsafe as determined by OB/GYNs.
Dea, my apt is being shown on March 1st, and people keep coming by to do inspections, etc. I hate it!! It stresses me out to think that they might come when I'm in labor with the huge tub in the dining room -- I guess I'll have to trust my birth team to run interference if that happens, but it still bothers me. I actually bought the inflatable tub because of that - because I didn't want an aquadoula sitting out when the apt people might be coming by and get pissed at us or whatever. I can't wait to move out of this place, ugh.

That ACOG statement is a load of crap. You know, if you read it, it is so full of fear and judgment of homebirthing women and completely NOT based on scientific fact about homebirth. If it makes you feel better, go read this blog post by my friend that quotes from the British and Canadian Colleges of OB/GYN, who say unequivocally that homebirth is a safe and optimal choice for low risk women! We're doing right by our bodies and our babies. ACOG is just scared because The Business of Being Born is making such a splash and midwives are working so hard in so many states to get licensed. Don't let them shake ya!

#29 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 04:53 PM

so I thought a huge glob of mucus was good...I thought it meant that something different might be happening (so far just had tiny globs) but it just seems to be the same ole same ole.

and dh left to go hang out with his buddies (knowing I was waiting to see if I was in labor or not) so I don't even get a haircut.

#30 of 37 Old 02-20-2008, 05:04 PM
Dea

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
Dea, my apt is being shown on March 1st, and people keep coming by to do inspections, etc. I hate it!! It stresses me out to think that they might come when I'm in labor with the huge tub in the dining room -- I guess I'll have to trust my birth team to run interference if that happens, but it still bothers me. I actually bought the inflatable tub because of that - because I didn't want an aquadoula sitting out when the apt people might be coming by and get pissed at us or whatever. I can't wait to move out of this place, ugh.

That ACOG statement is a load of crap. You know, if you read it, it is so full of fear and judgment of homebirthing women and completely NOT based on scientific fact about homebirth. If it makes you feel better, go read this blog post by my friend that quotes from the British and Canadian Colleges of OB/GYN, who say unequivocally that homebirth is a safe and optimal choice for low risk women! We're doing right by our bodies and our babies. ACOG is just scared because The Business of Being Born is making such a splash and midwives are working so hard in so many states to get licensed. Don't let them shake ya!
Ooo thanks for the links!
I don't doubt my choice at all about planning a home birth. It upsets me that my ped and my ob (especially my ped) both act like I'm doing something so dangerous. It's stupid. When I break it down to what can happen and what would happen in that situation I am just as "safe" to be at home. Really if an emergency came up and I had to have surgery, how long would it take for the emergency to be recognized and addressed, then have a doctor come and check and order an OR? 10 minutes, 20? Whereas I will always have a professional with me, if a problem arises we can call the hospital (she even has a doctor connection there) and an OR can be made available and I live 10 minutes from the hospital, so I am in the same time constraint as if I were in a hospital.

Oh well I know in my heart I am making the right choice. My ped can go and take a flying leap. In fact I'm seriously doubting my choice in him, the scathing look of disapproval was uncalled for.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page