Daily thread 2/23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 02:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm about 15mins early by my clock but I am about to lose it completely.

I have had contractions all day (naturally) and they were varying in intensity, frequency and everything.

then they got stronger and closer together.

I have been through this before...they get to a certain point and then it just...goes away...

I am so tired...I want to go to bed...I probably couldn't sleep through the contractions...but I've been through this before (like every day & night for forever) and could probably manage some rest.

I'm 40w2d though...and I just want to be DONE. would you try to keep them going/get them stronger or head for bed?

why is this happening to me? with the boys...I had no contractions with Caleb at all until labor day, and with Jake I had some but they weren't at all like now...just a few here and there...I KNEW I was in labor with him.

I am seriously losing it.

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#2 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 04:08 AM

in labor. yay! more soon!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#3 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 04:25 AM

i'm awake too. feeling sorry for those of you with foreverlabor.

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#4 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 05:26 AM

i'm up, too.
i feel like i've been hit by a truck. the external version really messed with me. i went to bed completely exhausted, but now i am wide awake and ache all over. plus, the baby is being really quiet, which makes me nervous. i'm having some sweet cereal to see if it'll perk her up a little so i can do kick counts.

s calebsmama. hang in there. it can't be too much longer!

gunter!! woo-hoo!!

Rachel. Devoted wife and joyful mama to Beatrice June(2/25/08) and Leona Agnes (8/10/10).
#5 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 08:01 AM

Apparently there is something called prodromal labor and apparently that is what I am in. It feels like purgatory. I always thought that once your water broke, that was it, and the baby would come. I never foresaw 48 hours of painful, going nowhere, contractions. Ok ok, I know they're helping in someway and now I am just being over dramatic but I am soooooo tired.

I hope this baby comes soon. It has been almost 24 hours since my water broke. The baby is moving like crazy right now and I can only sleep in 10 - 30 minute time frames.

Sorry to dump all of this on you. I hope you other mammas are doing really well. I hope ya'll have a great day and I hope for myself that I will either have the baby tonight or be able to sleep.
#6 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 09:20 AM

Morning, everyone. 39+4 here and definitely feeling like SOMETHING is happening. Last night I had really strong, uncomfortable cramps for about an hour but they went away when I went to bed. I woke up at about 3 and they started up again at about 4, but this time they're around 10 minutes apart with definite starting/stopping (as opposed to a sort of general crampiness that blended together). They keep coming even though I've changed position about 6 times and am now up and eating. And about 20 minutes ago I had some diarrhea.

So -- maybe I'm in early labor. But reading all these sad prodromal stories is making me doubtful!! I'm trying not to get too worked up - I'm using an online timer, and thinking about how I can spend my day productively without obsessing (laundry, trying to rest!). I keep avoiding the call to my midwife - I really don't want to call her unless it's the "real thing" which I know is kind of silly!! I will probably call my doula in about an hour, though.

Ouch! That one really hurt.

to all you mamas prodromally laboring -- seems like we have a lot of that in this ddc, what a huge bummer!!

I'll update you later on if things continue to be sort of mellow (or if they go away). Lots of love to everyone!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#7 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

i give up. I just want to die.

#8 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 09:52 AM

absolutely nothing here, not even any middle of the night contractions, for the first night in a while... Think I might try to take a long walk to my yoga class.

Smokeylo, Gingerbane, and CalebsMama, here's hoping these contractions start working for you guys!!!::

Me , him , and the two most beautiful little lovey girls in the world: 3/08 and 1/10. Planning our escape from the treadmill!
#9 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 10:13 AM

...s to all of you going through prodromal yuckiness!!! i hope it goes somewhere... & Rachel, another to you...hope your baby gave you some movement reassurance after your cereal.

smokeylo, that sounds promising! :

Gunter - HEY! what are you doing in labor? you're my due date buddy for 2/29! now i really might be the last person standing in this ddc! : to you!
#10 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 10:43 AM

Mornin' all!! Seems like there are alot of prodromol mommas really struggling... I'm sorry to you all. and hopefully help and : to everyone.

Checking in at 41+6 today. ANd sighing, not sure if I've been experiencing prodromal, but certainly been getting what I hope are warm up squeezes. Last night I though for sure we were gearing up. Yesterday I shoveled my walk and driveway and my neighbor's walk and I was hoping that would kick something into gear. Last night (Starting about 5 pm til around midnight,) I had of my most powerful squeezes yet, and they stuck around while sitting on the ball, sitting on the couch, standing, swaying, walking around, going up and down the stairs, through that all it kept up. Then, I went to bed, and soon as I laid down, they stopped, I played some soduko, DP and I DTD and NOTHING (even with a few o's). It all stopped. Blech. I'm feeling the frustration, I think many of us are.... Oh mommas, sometimes I think we're going to be here forever, I don't mean to be a downer, and I'm trying not to be, but sometimes, I feel not so inspired.

Calebsmama, I'm sorry you're feeling so awful, sounds like it's been a really hard go for you. I hope soon you see some relief, momma.

Gunter ::: Thinking of you momma!

Morning elyse!

Oh Mosesface, I'm sorry the version was so rough on you. I had no idea it was that rough. I hope you start feeling better very soon!

Gingerbane, OH, I was so hoping for you, it seemed true enough to me. But, you know this is all getting you ready for the official go. You will get there. Looks like we're still hanging in for birthing buddies... but I hope we're not like Elliot and ET and my stopping made yours stop. (heh heh, little joke there). Here's hoping yours jumps into it again.

Hey smokeylo, Here's hoping! Maybe one of us is going to just hit it and run!

Don't worrry cicely_m there will be something, sometime, right??

Hiya Steph! I'm still waiting to see the little feather lashed baby, but no luck yet. Heh, How are you doing?

signature currently in transition
#11 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 11:14 AM

to you mama's going thought a rough time!!

40+1

Last night was the second night of contractions while I sleep that just go away during the day. This morning is the second morning of bloody show. At least something is going on, but I understand this could go on for days or more...
#12 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

I have realized that while I still feel kind of cruddy that i'm not so drained so I'm gonna spend the day being constructive (ie: cleaning this place up!)

for everyone!

#13 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 12:28 PM

Teeny, I can't believe you are almost 42 weeks! I had a dream about you last night, actually. Isn't that funny? It wasn't about having a baby but I think I met your husband. You guys had "TOONA" stamped on everything you had, so I knew it was you LOL.

Mosesface, I'm sorry you're having a rough time. I hope you feel better later on!

Gunter, you are one of the few due AFTER me...no fair!!! ELV!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#14 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

amy omg thats too funny

#15 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 12:47 PM

We're none of us going to be pregnant forever, I promise.

Me , him , and the two most beautiful little lovey girls in the world: 3/08 and 1/10. Planning our escape from the treadmill!
#16 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 12:55 PM

Doing ok over here -- in a kind of holding pattern with ctx coming every 7-10 minutes, but they hurt when they do!! Not much has changed, I think I'm def. in labor but it's early and not moving too quick. Trying to stay preoccupied and not obsess too much.

: to the prodromal mamas so you get some serious action soon! I'm wearing my birth beads, y'all!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#17 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 01:16 PM

40+1 never thought I would be this pregnant. i think I was convinced that because I had so much amniotic fluid that my uterus would just say- no way- I give up- and pop the baby out early.

Due date has come and gone and I am thinking maybe I should peek into the March Due Date Club! Oh my!

My husband has taken to writing emails again- wahoo! So much better than those short little text messages. Half of the emails are to his son though He tells him that it is time to get ready for life out in the world. He has a whole island of people asking him if the baby is here yet- i told him if I was home I probably wouldn't be coming out of the house because I would be sick of the comments. but it is just getting him so excited.

He sent me wishes for the easiest labor ever

He called me yesterday and sounded drunk he was so happy- he's really in love with this little guy who is not even born yet and more in love with me than ever- I feel so lucky. We finally settled on a name! And I made up the birth announcements (minus weights, measures and dates- of course)
Tyriq Laurance F*******

Ok hot shower & then going for a walk outside.

Big Hugs for all the women going through prodromal labor- hopefully it will mean that your active labor is quick and easy. I am thinking of you all and sending REAL DEAL labor vibes!!!
#18 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 01:26 PM

I'm checking in too...today at 40.3 weeks. I had a lot of pressure and a tremendous amount of discharge yesterday but, my contractions are still pretty irregular. I'm just nervous because at 4cm I was told to call with any contractions but, I'm not sure if the ones I'm having all count because I feel them in different places.

gerlassie
#19 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicely_m View Post
We're none of us going to be pregnant forever, I promise.
it sure FEELS that way!

#20 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 04:25 PM

Gunter: Good for you! Sending ELV's your way.

Smokeylo: Good for you too! Sending a healthy dose of ELV's out to you in IC.

Hope everyone else is doing well and staying healthy for our big days.

Saw my MW again yesterday. The last set of bloodwork didn't bode well for me. The positive is that I am now GBS-!!! She says I am the first person she has had in her practice that has turned it around. So I am pretty happy about that, thanks to taking those nasty tasting tinctures. But yesterday even though my BP was down to 130/73, the blood work is concerning enough that she is talking of natural induction. She does arnica, the cohosh's and a membrane sweep after the first 3 days. But that is if I can stay healthy enough to stay home to birth. Otherwise it is a hospital induction. Our local hospital is crunchy by most standards, but pitocin is pitocin, right?

So I ate 3 hardboiled eggs in the middle of the night during various pee breaks, and finished it off with a small glass of kefir. I slept really well and woke late this morning. I have been hitting protein pretty hard again this morning and will be off soon to have more blood drawn. If it comes back stable or improved this buys me two more days. DP has been really good and supportive, last night he nearly force fed me continuously various high protein foods. I had to beg for a break since my tummy is quite small at this point. And this morning if I am typing and not eating, he gets onto me. Its cute and sweet to see him care so much and involved more than before.

Wish me luck. I really want to let the baby choose when to come, but this is pretty serious, since I am trying to prevent this from becoming full blown toxemia.
#21 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 04:38 PM

At least it sounds like you are on the right track, peace. Are you trying whatever you can in the meantime to encourage labor? I would think whatever you can do to help it along at this point would be good too...to avoid actual induction techniques, natural or hospital. I think you can do it!

I just got a good nap in while DH took the kids sledding so that was nice. I didn't sleep well last night, between us staying up too late and then the baby kind of doing things that hurt in my pelvis. Maybe I'll go be productive now for an hour or two!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#22 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

peace_laughing-thinking good thoughts for you

#23 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 06:06 PM

TrueBlue and CalebsMom,

Thank you for your kind words. I am torn about inducing in anyway. I really want baby to choose when to come, but at the same time, I understand the severity of this and don't want to compromise my health or that of baby. DP and I did DTD last night but it didn't bring anything around. Maybe I will start EPO or something. If there has to be induction, I will try natural first. I even mentioned accupuncture to MW yesterday, and she would be willing to send me for that as well since it has to be recommended by a care provider.

I am really tired though, and maybe I should just start induction anyway since my situation is this way. Tomorrow is my EDD, so it's not like the baby would be coming early in anyway.
#24 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 07:00 PM

{peace_laughing}

I too am thinking about acupuncture- but torn about wanting baby to come when he is ready.

So sorry you are dealing with the toxemia scaryness- hope the blood test comes back good!
#25 of 27 Old 02-23-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Teeny, I can't believe you are almost 42 weeks! I had a dream about you last night, actually. Isn't that funny? It wasn't about having a baby but I think I met your husband. You guys had "TOONA" stamped on everything you had, so I knew it was you LOL.

Mosesface, I'm sorry you're having a rough time. I hope you feel better later on!

Gunter, you are one of the few due AFTER me...no fair!!! ELV!
How funny is that! What a great laugh! I do feel honored because you're the second DDC Momma who's had a dream about me! How wild!

Well we went to the MW's today, and she's talked about a few things we're going to do. My bp is up higher than we expected (130ish over 96, ugh), but I have nothing else going on - no stars, no huge swelling, nothing like that. So she's given me some things to do- I HAVE to take 3 epsom salt baths a day, oh shucks , eat cucumbers, more magnesium and calcium, and raw garlic. She thinks it's just because we've gone so far in the pregnancy, but wants to take precautions in case we do need to get to a hospital and can have nicer looking records.

She and her back-up doc were talking and they decided that they'd give it to over the weekend, then Monday the MW will come over and stimulate my cervix. She doesn't go in for stripping the membranes becuse she doesn't want a water break that lasts for too long, so we will do that monday if the baby doesn't arrive before. Then it looks like it's castor oil for me on Tuesday if nothing happens. She estimates the baby's in the 9 lb range and she doesn't want to wait too too long. She doesn't want it to be a really hard go for a first time labor with a ginormous baby. Woah-wee. But otherwise she's very confident that everything's going well, baby still seems to be in excellent health and is very low and finally fairly stably in LOA, so thank goddess... Not that I'm going to stop the hands and knees bit, but glad to know it's been working! She's sure I can handle it - I've got a "great pelvis" she says! But she wants to make sure it's not too much of a burden on a first time cervix/vag set. So, I'm thankful she's considering that, and I think should the need arise, I'll be ok with the induction methods. Til then it's walking (there's no new snow to shovel), DTD, pineapple and hands and knees and alot of visualization.

Wow 42 weeks tomorrow. Please come little "stewie" we want to finally see you!!

signature currently in transition
#26 of 27 Old 02-24-2008, 12:40 AM

Teeny, good luck with the high BP. You might also check to make sure your pre-natal has plenty of calcium and magnesium. I am taking a cal-mag supplement to help lower my BP along with the daily cucumber. I like the cucumber. I should do the epsom salts baths. We just moved a few weeks ago and our new place has a bath tub, not just a shower. I should put it to good use.

I just got off the phone with my MW, checking in to see how my bloodwork turned out. Everything was the same or improved, so yippie! She was most excited that my uric acid had improved quite a bit. Most everything else is mostly the same, but she didn't expect to see a huge change on anything really since I only had one day of increased protein behind me. So it is good that at least one thing improved. We will do another blood test on Monday now.
#27 of 27 Old 02-24-2008, 12:58 AM

Finally checking in, our computer has been out all day. 41 weeks today.

Got a massage with foot reflexology from my mom yesterday. Ds got a massage too, he loves, loves, loves to get massaged by grandma. He is funny though, and refuses to take off his pants, even though he knows dh takes everything of for his massages! he has been VERY private about his body for the past six months.

Mom will do another massage Monday if nothing has happened by then. Also dh and I tried a roll in the hay last night, fun, but no labor.

My sister came over today to hang with Fletch so I could go for a nice long walk. Just at the end of my walk the wind picked up, felt like it could have blown me off my feet. I was walking around our "lake" (to some it's a puddle). Absolutely gorgeous with the water all choppy, and I was thankful for the time to walk alone and enjoy the power of nature. Thinking alot about the power of birth. I decided I would quit saying "nothing is happening" when people call. Lots is happening! My baby is growing! I will say, I'm not in labor yet.

Dh has to work overtime tonight, getting ready to put ds to bed so I can watch a movie and knit. Back to work on ds's sweater, just have to sew in the sleeves, which looks tricky, as they don't seem to be big enough!

-Sara, working Mom to Fletcher (2003) and Magnolia (2008):, wife to Jim the best SAHD in the world (1999) NVC has changed my life

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page