Mothering Forum banner

anyone all weepy?

932 views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  hlnmommy 
#1 ·
my milk is coming in and my midwife says that with the milk comes the tears. i'm all teary and when robin fusses/cries it really upsets me
things were great for a few days but now i feel all hormonal! i'm so sick of hormones ruling my life!!

See less See more
#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
my milk is coming in and my midwife says that with the milk comes the tears. i'm all teary and when robin fusses/cries it really upsets me
things were great for a few days but now i feel all hormonal! i'm so sick of hormones ruling my life!!
yes! I cried 4x today...and I got REALLY angry at my boys
they were sent to their room so mama could have a time out and I went in after they came out and they COMPLETELY destroyed it. dh didn't say anything about it but he did clean it before we put them to bed. Love him!

#5 ·
i was sobbing from the pain in my giant boobies.
i busted out the electric pump and have pumped 28 ounces since last night, aside from the regular feedings. is that alot? oh, and cabbage leaves work SO well for engorgement. ahhhhhhhh

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by the elyse View Post
i busted out the electric pump and have pumped 28 ounces since last night, aside from the regular feedings. is that alot? oh, and cabbage leaves work SO well for engorgement. ahhhhhhhh
i just started getting engorged tonight and already busted out the cabbage! i am also relieved that a nursing bra i bought while pregnant now fits so the girls finally have some support.

i am still
like crazy... i hope the blues pass soon.

#8 ·
Quote:

The only bad thing about pumping so much is you are actually now encouraging your breasts to continue to make this much milk, and stay engorged...I would lay off a little on the pumping and maybe only express a couple ounces to relieve the full tightness, if any at all....

#9 ·
I was fine until my Mom and Sister left. My husband is in school full time and work part time so I'm home alone with the kids a lot. I cried the first day. It's like my body holds out until no one's around.

On an engorgement note, only my right side gets engorged. I'm trying to nurse mostly on the left side and just a little on the right, but it hasn't evened out yet. Now I'm lopsided!

#10 ·
Quote:

stop pumping!! here are some cool alt. options.

#11 ·
I was depressed all day yesterday, and last night when I could feel the milk coming I realized that MUST have something to do with it. Leif is happy about it though, gulping away and sighing. I am trying to let his satisfaction defer my grumpiness over engorgement!

#12 ·
It gets better. I went through the same emotions when my milk came in, especially when I was so engorged Eli could latch on. Some hormones are leaving your body while others are kicking in. Hang in there, it'll get better soon!!!

#13 ·
yep. crying all the time.

the only thing that has helped me is getting outside. we've been having some moderately warm weather for the first time this year and i keep checking on my bulbs and thinking about spring.

i have to go back to work april 7th (so soon!) and my mate has been having some issues because my disabled dad is living with us right now. i'm feeling overwhelmed with all the other stuff in my life and sad about the way life turned out for my dad (and me too now that he needs to lkive with me).

i have to remind myself to just focus on linnea and enjoy this time.

it's funny because she's a quite mellow baby and it's easy for her to get lost while i'm thinking about something else.

#15 ·
I was there when my milk came in as well. It's pretty normal, and usually passes quickly. It does suck to still be ruled by hormones! For me that part lasts the whole time I'm breastfeeding, but not to the extreme like pregnancy. I hope everyone starts to feel more cheerful soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.