Losing the weight - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 03-29-2008, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Babywearuing definitely helps me. I was car free with the big kids and had bodybuilder arms for the only time in my life--even lifting weights doesn't help me much. Also, keep in mind that once they start walking, we won't be able to sit down for a few years.

I definitely feel that the fat reserves are there for a reason and wish I had some myself.

What helps you guys lose weight might also help me build up strength, so I hope you don't mind a skinny lurker.
#32 of 38 Old 03-29-2008, 07:59 PM
spu

Apparently, I lost all my pg weight, but I was way too high to begin with, as I never lost the extra 20 lbs from DS... so I'm back to where I was at my initial 9week midwife appt when I was pg, but still look like I'm 'due soon!' What's up with that? I can't get my belly to go back into my abdomen! ugh! If anyone else asks me 'when are you due?" again, I'm going to scream.

twins 7.02 ⢠DS 10.06 ⢠OMG #4 1.08 ⢠ebf + tandem nursing!
#33 of 38 Old 03-31-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noordinaryspider View Post
Babywearuing definitely helps me. I was car free with the big kids and had bodybuilder arms for the only time in my life--even lifting weights doesn't help me much. Also, keep in mind that once they start walking, we won't be able to sit down for a few years.

I definitely feel that the fat reserves are there for a reason and wish I had some myself.

What helps you guys lose weight might also help me build up strength, so I hope you don't mind a skinny lurker.
Heh, I'll share my more than ample fat reserves with ya!!

Heh, I think I'm down to nearly pre-preg weight.. But I had at least 100lbs to lose before that, so... ya know. I'm working on weight loss (moderately) right now, but I'm not interested in going into measuring out everything. That tends to make me too obsessive, and worrying about every bite. I'm actually fairly ok with my body size (most of the time). But I'm getting to a point where I'd like to be able to buy less expensive clothes/bras what have you (and be more comfy flying on planes), so I'm looking to lose a person's worth of weight. we shall see how it progresses, today I'm not so worried about it. Tomorrow, who knows.

signature currently in transition
#34 of 38 Old 03-31-2008, 03:00 PM

Yea, I've got tons of body image issues and dd and I have both been around the block a few times when it comes to EDs.

I won't even let her keep her bathroom scale in the bathroom and wish she didn't have one at all, not that I don't constantly sneak into her room when she's out and find it.

It sounds like you've got the right attitude, Teeny, and things did get better for me in the body image department after I had kids. I gained a ton of weight with dd that wouldn't come off for ages and I still think that what did the trick was just accepting myself and dealing with life as a fluffy woman: going to the thrift store and getting clothes that were comfortable and attractive and not apologizing for "taking up too much room" on the bus and the like.

I hope nobody thinks I'm being mean and unsupportive by saying that you're all beautiful, no matter what your weight, and that even if you never get back to your prepreg weights you still deserve to enjoy the bodies you do have and nurture them with healthy food and the exercise they need to thrive.
#35 of 38 Old 03-31-2008, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

We just got through with a nasty stomach bug this week. I still feel crappy, but I lost 8 lbs already
#36 of 38 Old 04-01-2008, 12:39 AM

I just cant be bothered to be motivated to even think about loosing weight just yet.
technically though. i need to loose 40 lbs.

ive been joking with my dh though. this pregnancy i got the heaviest ive ever been pg & now Im the heaviest ive ever been non-preg. Dh has been super frisky with me the past few months & ive dubbed him a chubby chaser

but.i am not worried about it..ive never had trouble loosing weight when i decide its time to do it..
ill never be the size I was before my 1st or even 2nd pregnancy..but i dont want to..I was really underweight
#37 of 38 Old 04-01-2008, 01:11 AM

I was able to shed a pound over the last week or so...I hope as the weather gets nicer and I am out walking more the weight will come off easier! I am trying to begin an ab workout, but find I have some pain in my lower abdominal muscles...maybe it is because they are weakened from pregnancy and delivery, although my midwife said I have good abdominal muscle tone...who knows! I do keep reminding myself 9 months on and 9 months off!
#38 of 38 Old 04-01-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Christina View Post
Dh has been super frisky with me the past few months & ive dubbed him a chubby chaser
oh my gosh!! i thought my dh and i were the only ones with this joke. that is freakin' awesome!!!

i went for a walk today and i've stopped trying on old clothes every day. i figure once a week will be better for my mental state.

eh. who needs a signature?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page