Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   February 2008 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/415-february-2008/)
-   -   The Future of our DDC? (http://www.mothering.com/forum/415-february-2008/872282-future-our-ddc.html)

slgt 03-28-2008 02:53 PM

Have we decided on the future of our DDC? LWAB, or Yahoo, or someplace else?

SamuraiMom 03-28-2008 04:54 PM

Are we not interested in Life with a Babe to start? I just noticed that no one has suggested it. I would be fine with that location.

Nikki Christina 03-28-2008 05:06 PM

Id really love if someone would open a board.
Id be ok with posting at the yahoo board

you wont see me at LWAB much. i get aggravated everytime i visit there

nolonger 03-28-2008 06:46 PM

i can't start the thread on lwab because my due-in-february babe was born in january.

i just know i don't want to lose touch. i knew or knew of so many of you before our kiddos were conceived but didn't really have the chance to hang out much until our DDC. It's been very special to me, even though I have my grumpy times and my self-absorbed times.

My vote is for an IPB or something similar, but I'll do my best to "fix myself" about Yahoo groups if that's what everyone else prefers.

flapjack 03-28-2008 08:34 PM

: I've never been sure whether to go slope off to the January mamas or not, but heck, I don't wanna.
The yahoo group is there, is open and is ready for business- all anyone wants to do is post. It's currently open to all new members as well, so- you know- come on in, the water is lovely I don't honestly know if we need a whole board, but it could be really purty...
Nikki Christina, would you not let me send you a link to the thread each month and ignore the rest of LWAB?

nolonger 03-28-2008 08:53 PM

I moderate on a low volume IPB and it's not so bad; You can subscribe to threads so you get an email reminder when somebody makes a new post and periodically we'll have contests and celebrations to bring back the members who have forgotten about us. It's a private board and kind of cozy and safe. Sometimes it gets a bit boring and we try to bring in new members, but other times it feels just right, especially to me since i'm such a small fish in the big MDC pond.

Nikki Christina 03-28-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
: I've never been sure whether to go slope off to the January mamas or not, but heck, I don't wanna.
The yahoo group is there, is open and is ready for business- all anyone wants to do is post. It's currently open to all new members as well, so- you know- come on in, the water is lovely I don't honestly know if we need a whole board, but it could be really purty...
Nikki Christina, would you not let me send you a link to the thread each month and ignore the rest of LWAB?
you wouldnt have to do that.. id stop in ..

its just like i said.. most things i post would be off topic for lwab ..

Nikki Christina 03-28-2008 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noordinaryspider View Post
I moderate on a low volume IPB and it's not so bad; You can subscribe to threads so you get an email reminder when somebody makes a new post and periodically we'll have contests and celebrations to bring back the members who have forgotten about us. It's a private board and kind of cozy and safe. Sometimes it gets a bit boring and we try to bring in new members, but other times it feels just right, especially to me since i'm such a small fish in the big MDC pond.
see.. i love little boards like this..

nausicaamom 03-28-2008 09:02 PM

In the last thread about this I suggested a free web-based board that I use for my gaming group, Mommy2Austin volunteered to be a co-mod. MDC ate my post about it, so I never did get back. I like the idea of a thread in LWAB and the board for a small cozy feel that isn't open to full MDC scrutiny.

NOS and Helen - I've been waiting for April to start a LWAB thread for us since I've been missing our chat thread and even though Alex was born in January, you guys are my DDC and I for one have no intention of switching.

SamuraiMom 03-29-2008 07:14 PM

pardon me, but what is LWAB?

nolonger 03-29-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiMom View Post
pardon me, but what is LWAB?
Life With a Babe[/B]

I'm there a bit, but it's an awfully big pond and I'm an awfully small fish.

gingerbane 03-29-2008 09:02 PM

LWAB - Life With A Babe

SamuraiMom 03-30-2008 02:58 AM

O.K., lack of sleep and all... didn't I suggest Life With A Babe, duh?

Justmee 03-30-2008 04:31 AM

I'm up for anything, I don't want to lose touch either.

And to you Jan mammas, you are Feb mamas in my book! I'm still on another e-mail loop for March babies even though my twins came early in Feb. I was due in March and in the March loop I stayed

eilonwy 03-30-2008 12:50 PM

As far as I'm concerned, DDCs are for parents, not babies... after all, the babies aren't posting. I'm still an April '06 mommy, even though Bella had the nerve to show up nearly a month early and was born in March, and you ladies are still Feb '08 mammas even though the babies came in January.

I prefer Yahoo!Groups myself. I can set it so that I don't get email at all and just check it when I check my other groups, and that's a good thing. That said... where is this mythical Yahoo! Group?

flapjack 03-30-2008 07:18 PM

Yahoo group is here...

Personally, I think you should all just learn to knit and join Ravelry (and certainly all the knitting and crochet mamas should). nausicaamom can't even sneeze these days without me being able to keep tabs on her

eta: that came out a bit wrong, didn't it?

nolonger 03-30-2008 07:44 PM

Helen, I'd love to considering the current "hat emergency" but I need an invitation.

I'm working on a pair of baby leg warmers that may or may not be an embarassing failure and couldn't even understand the instructions for the free hat patterns that were posted on the knitting forum. My skills are pretty much limited to knitting, purling, and ribs.

Jenn started our LWAB thread here and if I get totally lost I might just try starting an IPB myself and see if anyone shows up.

I'll do whatever it takes, though; you guys are the only people who understand me right now what with my "milk of human kindness" and hair issues this weekend.

Mommy2Austin 03-31-2008 07:10 PM

I created a board of our own (and set it up with the help of the lovely Nikki Christina)

http://s9.invisionfree.com/Fab_Feb_2008_Mommas

Come join us!!

nausicaamom 03-31-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Yahoo group is here...

Personally, I think you should all just learn to knit and join Ravelry (and certainly all the knitting and crochet mamas should). nausicaamom can't even sneeze these days without me being able to keep tabs on her

eta: that came out a bit wrong, didn't it?

lol - I'll be sure to keep you up to date on all my bodily functions from now on :P

birthmommom 03-31-2008 09:51 PM

joined

jaxinsmom 03-31-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
I created a board of our own (and set it up with the help of the lovely Nikki Christina)

http://s9.invisionfree.com/Fab_Feb_2008_Mommas

Come join us!!
THis one is really great!!!!!! I hope everyone comes over, it's our own board so it's small and personal and it'd be great to see you all there!!!!

steph117 04-01-2008 12:27 AM

That board looks great! I registered, though it'll take me a bit to actually post, since I must get some SLEEEEEEEEEEEEP (LO going through a major growth spurt today - eating constantly, red-faced screaming, gaaaaaaah! and she's finally asleep) - but I will check in. Thanks for setting it up!

nolonger 04-01-2008 01:52 AM

It really is gorgeous. You've done a wonderful job with it and i've been online WAY too much today and yesterday.

Mama2-4 04-01-2008 02:00 AM

I agree about the new board. I it! It has a nice comfy feeling and I like that it is just us! I hope to see you all there!

eilonwy 04-01-2008 02:47 AM

i registered, but i have so many message boards to keep up with that i probably won't be able to manage another.

Justmee 04-01-2008 07:28 AM

I signed up

Teenytoona 04-01-2008 10:39 AM

I'm in!

the elyse 04-01-2008 01:28 PM

i joined too..just haven't posted yet. i like it!

jaxinsmom 04-01-2008 03:15 PM

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh! come on over everyone!!! would love to keep this ddc together as our little ones grow

Steady101 04-01-2008 05:10 PM

I just registered.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.