The rooting reflex is one of the funniest things ever. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 03-29-2008, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I often giggle uncontrollably when DD's going for my boob that way - bobbing, weaving, making little grunting "gimme gimme gimme!!!" noises. Sometimes she really resists my help, too - "I KNOW where your nipple is! Just let me do this!!" - it's like she wants to go through that dance or something.

I try not to laugh at her efforts but those little grunts are so cute.

#2 of 11 Old 03-29-2008, 09:04 PM

i think ds looks a little like quagmire on family guy when he does his giggidy giggdy thing. anybody know what i'm talking about?

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#3 of 11 Old 03-29-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the elyse View Post
i think ds looks a little like quagmire on family guy when he does his giggidy giggdy thing. anybody know what i'm talking about?
Aaaaaaaaaallllllllllllright!
#4 of 11 Old 03-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Dea

Trixie does that too, but will not not not take help and won't latch, it's a little sad. It's amusing when she does it to a bottle though, she opens her mouth wide and shakes her head back and forth... my poor little confused baby.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#5 of 11 Old 03-30-2008, 02:14 PM

I love the bobbing head! TOO cute! I love when DS2 bobs his head at DHs chest! hhah.. NOPE nothing there!

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#6 of 11 Old 03-30-2008, 06:31 PM

Dea, does trixie suck your nose? I love that

You know what else I love? Baby stretches. I love it when he pulls his head all the way back and sticks his bottom out, and I can see what it was that hurt so darned much when he was in my tummy

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#7 of 11 Old 03-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Dea

She doesn't suck my nose. My finger though!
The baby stretches are the cutest. Trixie does them, but she likes to do them when I am trying to burp her or at some other inconvenient time.
I also love the facial expression.
Heck I love it all. I could spend most of every day just staring at her.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#8 of 11 Old 03-30-2008, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

I know - it's awesome to see what exactly they were doing in utero! She moved SO MUCH in there, & when she's sleeping & stretching all over the place I go, "AH, now I understand..."

Mia's never sucked my nose - that's so funny! - but I was woken up at 5am the other day to the feeling of her sucking the side of my belly. That's a hilarious way to wake up. "Ah...hungry, are you?"
#9 of 11 Old 03-31-2008, 01:53 PM

I call it the "barracuda strike" - his head wiggles back and forth and he just LUNGES for it! And then the little grunts and mff-mff noises when he latches are just so cute. Colin doesn't stretch much but he likes to "swim". It really looks like he's practicing a freestyle stroke and pedaling a bike at the same time. They're more entertaining than any TV show.

Married 6/16/01 ~ WOHM to DS1 4/29/06 and DS2 2/13/08 ~  ALMOST an RVT ~ dog2.gif dog2.gif goldfish.gif

#10 of 11 Old 03-31-2008, 03:02 PM

stretching, swimming, latching on to my chin...

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#11 of 11 Old 03-31-2008, 03:25 PM

Eli is crazy funny when he's really hungry. He'll latch on and start eating. Then he starts making these grunty, growly noises like some sort of little animal. So funny.

Helen, I love the baby stretches too. Arms wayabove his head, face turned up and butt out. Eli also likes to stretch way out when he's on his back too. The other moring he would stretch out with his arms up above his head and legs all the out and then fart, He did this probably five or six times in a row while he was trying to wake up. My husband and I were rolling.

Heather-Mom to Kendall Elizabeth 11/24/00 :. Eli James 01/28/08 :nana:, and Quinn Erin 05/03/09 :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page