Two Month Appt Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 03-31-2008, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Some of us are past this mark, some not quite there. Thought I would start this thread to see how everyone's babies are doing!

Eli went today for his 2 month check. He weighs 14 pounds 8 1/4 ounces (he was 8 pounds 8 ounces at birth) and is 24 inches long (20 3/4 at birth). Needless to say he eats very well. He hit all the developmental markers (smiling, cooing, starting to following voices/noises, supporting head, etc...) My pedi loved his Bum Genius diaper he was wearing too. She said she wished they would have been around when she was CD ing her own kids.

How is your baby doing??

Heather-Mom to Kendall Elizabeth 11/24/00 :. Eli James 01/28/08 :nana:, and Quinn Erin 05/03/09 :
#2 of 11 Old 03-31-2008, 06:16 PM

Well I took DS2 to the dr. because he had a rash all over his face, we're having latch issues, and he's been throwing up quite often. He weighed in at 12lbs 3oz (started at some where between 7lbs 12oz and 8lbs 9oz because the midwife's scale was very different from the drs. office) So he's doing extremely well!

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#3 of 11 Old 04-01-2008, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Gracie had her appt at 3 months(we'll she'll be 3 months in 4 days) and she's 11lbs even and 21inches long. She just started smiling and cooing and she's holding her head up very well now. Can't wait for the next milestones!!!! She's getting SO big!

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#4 of 11 Old 04-03-2008, 04:28 PM

Matthew had his 2 month appt a week ago. We have thrush: but all else is well. He is up to 10 lbs 8 oz started at 6lbs 2 oz. Since he learned to smile he has turned into a real cheeser! Also he has learned to roll over, he did it for the first time on the 31st, and now he is doing it in his sleep.
#5 of 11 Old 04-14-2008, 11:26 AM

My Lydia is 10 lb. 7 oz. and 22 1/2 in. long. With each of my children, breastfeeding has been a huge challenge, so I am so proud that we've learned together and that she's growing well.

I love her smile, and I know it's just the beginning of our interaction together.
#6 of 11 Old 04-15-2008, 10:34 PM

Just went today to the ped.

Grant is HUGE- growing even faster than ds1 who I thought was the biggest a baby could be. He is 17 (yes seventeen) pounds 9 ounces and 25.75 inches long (started out at 9 pounds and 23 inches long)!!! Ped. says he looks great and says I must have miracle grow milk but is concerned that his soft spots aren't very large- we'll have to keep a close watch on that- if they fuse too soon it could be a problem. I just hope it ends up being a variation of normal. This sort of thing makes me glad we do well baby visits even though we don't vax.

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#7 of 11 Old 04-16-2008, 12:02 PM

We went on Monday and Henry is growing like a weed. He is 13.5 pounds and 23 and 3/4 inches long.

He has outgrown most of his baby clothes and is between 3-6 month clothes. I swear those labels are so silly, b/c ds is 9 weeks old and wearing some 6 mo shirts.

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
#8 of 11 Old 04-18-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveChild421 View Post
J is concerned that his soft spots aren't very large- we'll have to keep a close watch on that- if they fuse too soon it could be a problem.
yay healthy big boy!

lazlo almost didn't have a soft spot when he was born and it was gone very soon (can't quite remember but i'm thinking like 3 months) and no one ever mentioned it. i wonder what they are thinking could be the problem?

for me, linnaea is almost two months and i haven't yet made her second appt. it's really hard to get into this pediatrician (i'm thinking of changing) and i just haven't wanted to deal with it. plus town is like two hours away so it's an all day trip and i really can't afford to take off work at this point. i might just wait until school ends for the summer and take her in june if nothing pops up.

we're not doing any vaxes at this point and she is healthy and bouncy.

i weigh her at work and she's between 13 and 14 pounds. i haven't measured her but i'm sure she's growing. she's smiling, cooing, following my hand...
i love my baby!!

eh. who needs a signature?
#9 of 11 Old 04-22-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveChild421 View Post
Ped. says he looks great and says I must have miracle grow milk but is concerned that his soft spots aren't very large- we'll have to keep a close watch on that- if they fuse too soon it could be a problem. I just hope it ends up being a variation of normal. This sort of thing makes me glad we do well baby visits even though we don't vax.
I'm curious about this too! Aidan had a soft er... ridge... not even a spot, just a little line that was soft and it was gone 2 weeks later. I'm sure that had something to do with him being shy about coming out even when I was fully dilated, but no one ever mentioned anything to be about it being a problem either.

We're in the same boat as you, PlayaMama - we totally skipped 2 months b/c we weren't impressed with this ped. and we're going to set a 3 month consult. with a family doc who was recommended to us. We're not vaxing yet if at all, so whatever.

Haven't weighed Aidan but he was 12lbs at his one month appt. and he's 26 inches now!!!!!

Blessed to be married to my awesome husband since 2006.
Mama to Aidan Robert (Valentine's Day 2008) and Cora Ruth (3-13-2010) :
#10 of 11 Old 04-25-2008, 09:50 AM

Harrison had his 2 month appt yesterday.

Doing well! 12lbs 15.5oz... seriously nurse just say 13 lbs! 23 inches.
He is doing well!

Birth: 8lbs 14oz so doing good!

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#11 of 11 Old 04-28-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjanetteopal View Post
I'm curious about this too! Aidan had a soft er... ridge... not even a spot, just a little line that was soft and it was gone 2 weeks later. I'm sure that had something to do with him being shy about coming out even when I was fully dilated, but no one ever mentioned anything to be about it being a problem either.
Well I've done some searching and it seems like the normal range for them to close (but not for the bone to completely fuse) is 3 months to 2 years. So wide range there. I guess that's why the ped. said just we'll keep a watch on it. Apparently if head circumference doesn't keep increasing and the head doesn't maintain a normal shape then it can mean there is a serious problem. I'm not going too worry to much about it since Grant seems to be within the normal range so far.

I also had a really hard time getting Grant out even after reaching full dilation and when he was born my midwife mentioned his head didn't mold. I swear his head was perfectly round, looked like a c-section baby.

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page