Period already!?!? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 04-18-2008, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought I was having PMS! Well I was right. I don't get it- no bottles, no pacis, nursing on demand, co-sleeping...and still I get my period before my baby is 3 months! Anyone else?

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 04-18-2008, 08:26 PM

me!!! it sucks!!!

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
#3 of 13 Old 04-20-2008, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthmommom View Post
me!!! it sucks!!!
well at least I'm not alone! I guess I should just be thankful for no cramps!

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

#4 of 13 Old 04-20-2008, 09:27 PM

i'm joining the club. 8 weeks pp is all i get? what's with that?

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#5 of 13 Old 04-21-2008, 08:55 AM

Don't mean to crash your club, but mine is already gone. I just thought I'd chime in, your not alone! Two months was all I got. And just think another couple months and you could be looking at having irish twins as DH calls them, two born within a year of one another. I'm trying to decide if I should wait a couple more days or test now. I'm torn between excitement and that "Oh not again" feeling.

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#6 of 13 Old 04-21-2008, 09:29 PM

I jusy got off mine! And Anisa isn't even 2 months yet!
#7 of 13 Old 04-21-2008, 10:00 PM

Well, cheer up! At least you're not in my predicament: I'm 43 and my wonderful KD (known sperm donor; the literal kind, not the "deadbeat dad" kind) wants to combine a visit to meet Terran with the first of however many attempts to see if I can squeeze another dc in before it's too late, but there is no sign whatsoever of auntie flo, and I don't honestly expect her for another year, based on my experiences with dd and ds1.

That would make me 44 before we even got started.

It took over a year of trying to get Terran.

One of my grandmothers went through meno at 42, so there's a possibility that I'm nuts for even considering another miracle and that Auntie is gone for good. For some reason, I think I'd feel better about that if I just got to see her one last time to say goodbye.

Oh well, the grass isn't greener, it's just different grass. Best of luck with TTC and TTA.
#8 of 13 Old 04-22-2008, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noordinaryspider View Post
Well, cheer up! At least you're not in my predicament: I'm 43 and my wonderful KD (known sperm donor; the literal kind, not the "deadbeat dad" kind) wants to combine a visit to meet Terran with the first of however many attempts to see if I can squeeze another dc in before it's too late, but there is no sign whatsoever of auntie flo, and I don't honestly expect her for another year, based on my experiences with dd and ds1.

That would make me 44 before we even got started.

It took over a year of trying to get Terran.

One of my grandmothers went through meno at 42, so there's a possibility that I'm nuts for even considering another miracle and that Auntie is gone for good. For some reason, I think I'd feel better about that if I just got to see her one last time to say goodbye.

Oh well, the grass isn't greener, it's just different grass. Best of luck with TTC and TTA.
That's true. I can imagine going through the change has to be bittersweet. In a way I really am happy to be in the height of my fertility even though I really don't want another dc right now and was kind of hoping to not have to be so diligent about birth control. But I do count my blessings, there are a lot of women who don't get AF back until they wean the older child and still have a hard time getting pregnant. So you're right, it's just different grass...

#9 of 13 Old 04-22-2008, 12:05 PM

Got mine at 8 weeks pp... but it was SUPER light and spotty but enough to really tick me off! Now we have to think of birth control... ugh

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#10 of 13 Old 04-22-2008, 01:29 PM

i'm just glad i didn't get pregnant at 6 weeks pp..... i had an idea i was ovulating, but def NOT using any birth control!! yikes.

#11 of 13 Old 04-22-2008, 01:34 PM

This is a good reality check for me... with my first dd I didn't have a period for 22 months (yay!), so it's been hard not to think it will happen again. So we've resumed activities without taking precautions so far because I've been assuming I"ll have a long break from cycles again. Maybe shouldn't assume, eh?

teapot2.GIF Mama to my sweet girls: notes.gif (2/02) and energy.gif (2/08) and brokenheart.gif 3/11 and now belly.gif  EDD 5/24/14
#12 of 13 Old 05-02-2008, 10:33 AM
spu

After DS was born, I was expecting a blissful 16 mos free of AF, as I had after the twins were born. Then, one day, when DS was about 8 mos old, after feeling ridiculously tired, going to bed at 7pm, sore nipples (thought DS was chugging too hard), and nausea every morning in the shower.... yup - you know where this is going... I found out I was 2 mos pg with #4!!! Now how did that happen? In a way, it would be a relief to know that the fertility gods are back in town, so I can be a bit more careful!!

btw - what's everyone doing for contraception? or is that another thread?

twins 7.02 ⢠DS 10.06 ⢠OMG #4 1.08 ⢠ebf + tandem nursing!
#13 of 13 Old 05-02-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spu View Post

btw - what's everyone doing for contraception? or is that another thread?
looking for a good urologist.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page