Any other mommas pregnant and breastfeeding ?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 92 Old 06-29-2007, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am still BF my almost 16 month old ds .. i am a little nervous about it especially the all nite nursing. DH and I are talking about nite weaning .. anyone else ..I am ok with nursing most of the day but really need my sleep and he just wants to be attached all nite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 92 Old 06-29-2007, 01:17 PM

Yes. My almost 27 month old is still nursing A LOT! I am ok with this so far, but am nervous about what it will be like if I have morning sickness again. I didn't have a horrible case last time, but felt nauseous for a couple of months on a regular basis. Seems like that would be hard to do while nursing all of the time.
And I hear you about night nursing. My son nurses many times a night. And I'm also worried about what happens when the new baby comes. Are you planning to tandem nurse? I figure I will, but am not sure how it will work -- especially in the middle of the night! Guess we'll figure it out....

Betsy, mama to Zane 4/12/05 and Cade 3/5/08
#3 of 92 Old 06-29-2007, 02:05 PM

Hi, I'm also nursing my 2 1/2 year old and just found out I am pregnant! Fortunately, she is night weaned (most of the time). She stopped nursing at night just a few months ago. I feel for you mamas nursing at night. It is definately difficult when you have to get up several times during the night. Try to rest as much as possible when you are able to. I'm already having to get up tons to pee at night!
#4 of 92 Old 06-29-2007, 03:34 PM

I'm still nursing my just turned 2 year old. So far no pain, but I know it's still early. I curious to see if/how my milk changes and if he weans.
#5 of 92 Old 06-29-2007, 03:37 PM

I'm nursing my 19 month old.. though not very much... he just doesn't seem to want it even if I ask. I have major nipple pain.. but I enjoy the bonding time with him and remembering him as a baby and I'm not so keen on letting it end right now.

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
#6 of 92 Old 06-29-2007, 03:49 PM

I, also, am nursing my 19 month old. I night weaned her a month or so ago, and she now sleeps at least the first part of the night on her own mattress on the floor next to ours.... It's really nice. At dawn she gets in my bed and nurses and sleeps more until we get up.
I'm a little worried about nursing right through this pregnancy because she was born five weeks early... But I think rather than wean hr I'll just try to offer less and see if she'll just be happy with less nursing. Besides, I *really* want to make it until her second birthday in November!
#7 of 92 Old 06-30-2007, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolynrosa View Post
I, also, am nursing my 19 month old. I night weaned her a month or so ago, and she now sleeps at least the first part of the night on her own mattress on the floor next to ours.... It's really nice. At dawn she gets in my bed and nurses and sleeps more until we get up.
I'm a little worried about nursing right through this pregnancy because she was born five weeks early... But I think rather than wean hr I'll just try to offer less and see if she'll just be happy with less nursing. Besides, I *really* want to make it until her second birthday in November!
How did you night wean ? not sure if this is the right place to ask this I want him to nurse till he is 2 (when this bean is due ) but he was early also so I am nervous about that ..
#8 of 92 Old 06-30-2007, 11:03 AM

I started doing her last nursing at night with the lights on. Then when the lights go out, no more "nur-nees." The first two nights she woke frequently and whined a lot. I cuddled her (with a shirt on) and offered her water. After two (long) nights ,she seemed to 'get' the new rules.
*If* she absolutely HAD to nurse (this has happened twice since I nightweaned) I turned the lights on until she was done and nursed her in a chair instead of bed. But just a warning, she always had a rough next night re-adjusting to the rules.

I'd have liked her to make the decision to sleep through the night... but after 18 months she was nursing ten or fifteen times a night still! No joke, it was just CONSTANT, all night, every night since she was born.

It helps to make sure she eats right before bed. I give her plain full-fat yogurt and keep water near the bed just in case.

I understand that this method is not for everyone. And if I had a less secure, less healthy, less stable environment for my DD I would not have night weaned. But I felt it would allow us to continue our (day) nursing relationship much longer if I got some sleep at night.
#9 of 92 Old 06-30-2007, 11:32 AM

I am still nursing my 2.5 year old. She is night-weaned...I nightweaned her a few months ago at around 30 months. I tried doing it several times efore that (starting at 18 months)..however it didn't go well and we stopped after 2 nights. Around 30 months, she was finally developmentally able to nightwean.

I tandem nursed my 2 girls and really, really, really do not want to do that again. I almost hope dd2 weans during this pregnancy. She will be 3 in less than 4 months...so I am hoping to maybe nurse until age 3 and have her wean sometime after age 3 but before baby (she will be 3 y.,4/5 m. )

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#10 of 92 Old 06-30-2007, 10:36 PM

iam taking a test tomorrow too see if iam pregnant hoping iam pregnant and iam nurseing my almost 1yr old still about 5time during the day and 3 times at night

question for u nurseing moms sence u found out u were pregnant all the sudden did u have an huge increase in ur appaite for the past week i have been starving and it seems i am not getting enough to eat noo matter what i do and was woundering if any of u are or did go through the same thing

if iam pregnant my baby will be due march 14th and my son will be 19 months apart

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#11 of 92 Old 06-30-2007, 11:03 PM

I'm still nursing my 2 year old. He is still nursing a LOT.

Mom to DS March '05 and : DD Feb. '08
#12 of 92 Old 07-02-2007, 12:00 AM

I am still nursing my 16 month old and just found out I'm pregnant with #2. I decided to night wean Alayna when I found out and it has worked really well. She was definately ready and it has been a lot easier than i had thought. She nurses before bed, then we rock her to sleep and then she sleeps through the night until about 6, when I start nursing her again. before we night weaned, she was up every 2 hours to nurse and I just felt that the time was right. Some nights, she'll get up once but for the most part, she sleeps and it's really, really nice (at last

Diana
#13 of 92 Old 07-02-2007, 08:06 PM

I am nursing my just over 12 mo old. Just found out I'm pg with #5 (!!!) today. I have big supply probs while pg so I anticipate she will wean at about 15 months or so. She only nurses about 3 times a day now and not at all at night.

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#14 of 92 Old 07-02-2007, 11:13 PM

I'm nursing my 20 MO DS, and I'm having some serious nipple sensitivity. I'm a WOHM, so nighttime nursing makes up most of our nursing time, and I'm hoping to continue for the next couple of months at least.
#15 of 92 Old 07-03-2007, 11:20 AM

I'm nursing my 26 month old and learned I was pregnant with #3 yesterday!

It's almost the same timing as my first and second children. I got pg with my second on the second birthday of my ds and I was nursing him at the time, too. He ended up nursing for another few months and then told me that there wasn't any milk left, but that he'd start again when the new baby came so that he could teach her how to nurse. We'll see how it goes with this one.
#16 of 92 Old 07-04-2007, 02:29 AM
jmo

I'm nursing my 22 month old. She doesn't really nurse that much, but so far no nipple pain. She did keep asking for water several time this morning after nursing, though, so I'm wondering if the milk has gotten salty or something?

J, mama to H (8/05) and F (3/09)
#17 of 92 Old 07-04-2007, 02:40 AM

I got a positive this morning, YAY!

Andy's 19 mos. and still wants his "mee-moos" many many MANY times a day. We mostly nightweaned a few months ago, and it goes like this:
7 p.m. bedtime
midnight he wakes for a diaper change, nurse to sleep
if he wakes before 6 a.m. I lay him back down & remind him boobies are night-night
at 6, he wakes and nurses back to sleep
at 8, he wakes for the day and nurses for his first breakfast

before we did this, it was literally wake & nurse on the hour every hour from midnight to 8 a.m. and I couldn't take it anymore.
#18 of 92 Old 07-06-2007, 01:24 AM

me! Dd is 19months. I'm not too worried about it. We made it to 11.5 weeks with our last pregnancy, which ended in may, and it wasn't bad at all! She did try to wean though.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#19 of 92 Old 07-07-2007, 03:00 AM

I am, but he's a month shy of three so he nurses only a couple times a day usually. I'm wondering if he'll wean himself when my milk changes. My first (dd) nursed all through last time and picked up the pace again when my milk came in postpartum.

Sara:  Playing ref to my jumpers.gif    Sweet Pea 10 read.gif Tootle Pants 7 bouncy.gif& Trouble Monkey diaper.gif 18 mo

#20 of 92 Old 07-07-2007, 10:52 AM

Ugh, I've had to break out the Lansinoh. That stuff is so messy. Of course Ds has been sick this week, and been nursing so much more. I don't know if I will be able to take it for long.
#21 of 92 Old 07-08-2007, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaner'smama View Post
Yes. My almost 27 month old is still nursing A LOT! I am ok with this so far, but am nervous about what it will be like if I have morning sickness again. I didn't have a horrible case last time, but felt nauseous for a couple of months on a regular basis. Seems like that would be hard to do while nursing all of the time.
And I hear you about night nursing. My son nurses many times a night. And I'm also worried about what happens when the new baby comes. Are you planning to tandem nurse? I figure I will, but am not sure how it will work -- especially in the middle of the night! Guess we'll figure it out....

I've heard that nursing will sometimes help prevent much morning sickness. So far that doesn't seem to be helping me but maybe you will get lucky.

Jessica mommy to Cristian , Jaden , and Logan (Born 2/23/08 Kidney Transplant 9/4/09 )
#22 of 92 Old 07-08-2007, 01:08 AM

I'm nursing my 26 month old and I'm actually hoping he will nurse through the pregnancy. I nursed my older son through #2's pregnancy and he was SOOOO healthy for SOOOO long afterward, I assume because he got so much colostrum. I am hoping #2 will nurse through also. So far I don't really have much nipple pain and I actually seem to have more milk in the morning, I can hear him gulping. He has night weaned for the most part but has a really weird schedule because my husband works nights. He typically nurses last at about 2 am and then nurses again around 7-8. Up until about a month ago though, he was nursing ALL night. And then just magically at 2 and a month he quit and started sleeping better. My older son stopped nursing all night around 2 and a few months as well. I think that may have been why I got pregnant this month.

Jessica mommy to Cristian , Jaden , and Logan (Born 2/23/08 Kidney Transplant 9/4/09 )
#23 of 92 Old 07-08-2007, 01:35 PM

Yeah, I'm still nursing my almost 2.5 yr old, but she only nurses once a day, before bed. I'd kinda like her to wean now as I am having that tenderness. DD#1 weaned herself maybe a month in my pg with DD#2, so I was kinda expecting the same again, but DD2 seems to be going strong in the nursing dept.
#24 of 92 Old 07-08-2007, 02:30 PM

I am still nursing my 2 1/2 yr old and have just found out I'm pg with #2. I had a hard time getting pg the second time and wondered if bf had something to do with it. Now I wonder if bf will affect my ability to have a successful pg. This fear may have to do with the fact that I had a m/c in Feb. and I am working hard to stay positive about this one. Ds usually doesn't nurse too much these days, but on some days it seems he wants "sips" all day long or just to be latched on for comfort. Luckily no nipple pain yet - can't remember how soon that kicks in. I am only 14dpo.
#25 of 92 Old 07-08-2007, 08:10 PM

I still nurse my 19 mos daughter on demand. Lately though she has started wanting to just tweak and hold my nipples instead of nursing them all the time. She will get a couple of nums, then put the breast away. It is so cute.
#26 of 92 Old 07-09-2007, 12:59 AM

I'm still nursing my 26 mo dd. My breasts are getting very tender, but I figure I'll go with the flow. I wouldn't mind if she decided to night wean, though. I bfd my first dd until she was 3 1/2, so I can't imagine dd2 weaning already.
#27 of 92 Old 07-09-2007, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter

My breasts are sore now too .. i am going with the flow for now ..
i was impressed that my ob/gyn who saw me bf when she came into the room did not say you need to wean or stop ..she just said .. oh he is still bf : she did not seem concerned at this point
#28 of 92 Old 07-09-2007, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessmomto2 View Post
I've heard that nursing will sometimes help prevent much morning sickness. So far that doesn't seem to be helping me but maybe you will get lucky.
i did not get that lucky .. i still have it
#29 of 92 Old 07-09-2007, 05:02 PM

I'm still breastfeeding my now 2yr old dd, she still feeds on demend during the day but luckily mostly only wakes 1-2 times a night for feeding.
i don't have a clue about night weaning as have never tried my other 2 stopped night feeding when they stopped breastfeeding

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

#30 of 92 Old 07-11-2007, 01:16 AM

I am nursing my 3 YO. I kind of hope he continues nursing through the pregnancy, but I'm guessing he will wean, just because he's getting older. But you never know.

I'm not having troubles with soreness, but I do get VERY irritated when he moves while nursing or when he touches the other breast. Part of it is pregnancy, i'm sure, and part of it is the summer. (We don't have AC and I HATE being touched while I'm hot.)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page