Early morning sickness? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-30-2007, 03:24 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I'm actually only 16 days into this, but I'm not feeling too hot. The last week or so, I've had quite bad nausea and dizziness every afternoon (between about 2 and 6pm). I haven't been vomiting (yet), but it's strong enough for me to have spent this afternoon in bed. I'm also really tired.

Is anyone else feeling "morning" sickness yet?
#2 of 11 Old 06-30-2007, 01:21 PM

I haven't had horrible nausea YET. It usually comes around week 6 or 7 for me. So it's coming soon. But I have been totally exhausted! I wake up in the morning tired and go to bed tired. I try to nap when my kids nap but I don't always get to. I've had some waves of nausea but nothing that sticks around. I'm hoping it stays that way, but I seriously doubt it!

Kristen treehugger.gif mama to Chris(15)eat.gif, Kaitlyn(10)blahblah.gif, TJ(8)sleepytime.gif and Natalie(5)thumbsuck.gif & Emily(2)diaper.gif

#3 of 11 Old 07-02-2007, 12:06 AM

I was very nauseated before I ever got a BFP. You're good. :

Jenn
#4 of 11 Old 07-11-2007, 12:24 AM

Each pregnancy, I swear I start feeling sick the moment that sperm hits the egg.

My first pregnancy, I first woke up feeling sick about 5 DPO. Second pregnancy, I wasn't charting, but it was in that same range. This time around, I started feeling sick in late June, about a week after ovulation and a week and a half before I got my BFP.

Mine is usually worst first thing in the morning, but I can usually make it better by eating crackers. I seem to vaguely remember Wave #2 coming in the afternoons with my first, but soon learned to keep my blood sugar up by drinking my daily OJ with 7-up mixture about 2 hours after lunch.

(Like many things I am driven to consume while pregnant, I have no idea why I so strongly felt I needed a glass of OJ with 7-up every day. Actually, my first instinct was a Cream and Kahlua, but since that was out, I settled for the OJ stuff.)
#5 of 11 Old 07-11-2007, 01:39 AM

I've defenitely been feeling the waves of nausea since my bfp (11 dpo) and now a few days later the exhaustion is setting in.
#6 of 11 Old 07-11-2007, 08:18 AM

yes am feeling totally rotton :Puke
i've been feeling sick for about 2wks now and i'm only 4+3wks

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

#7 of 11 Old 07-11-2007, 11:38 AM

I'm really sick with nauseau, too. Sugar helps, for whatever reason. I start my day with a glass of OJ and just wait for the sickness to lighten up enough to fix myself something to eat. And I'm tired. And cranky.
#8 of 11 Old 07-11-2007, 11:42 AM

Completely exhausted and now Im getting the waves of nausea. Gosh with ds the morning, noon and night sickness didnt start till at least 7 weeks or so. This pregnancy has hit me a lot harder with the symptoms. I dont mind though, Im just grateful to be pregnant.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#9 of 11 Old 07-13-2007, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

I'm very happy to be pregnant, I just didn't expect to be like this, so early. Still not vomiting, but it's all day now (and has been accompanied from the start with total exhaustion). On top of that I've lost my appetite (especially for anything I should be eating!). I just can't stand most of my food, all I seem to want is white toast with cheese, mandarins and ordinary pasta with thick milky sauce and ketchup. And unfortunately I'm milk and wheat intolerant...
#10 of 11 Old 07-13-2007, 01:43 AM

It started about the time the babe implanted(which I most definitely felt this time!) and is getting really bad...at least I think it's bad. I've never had m/s in all of my other pregancies, even my first pregnancy with twins! I'm completely lost as to what to do, and I just lay around staring at dd play. I'm a big pathetic sack of potatoes. I'm not hungry at all, but if I don't eat, I get really nauseaus. And it's all day long! I only get relief at around 4-5pm, but it kicks in again before dinner. And I'm not even 5 weeks yet!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#11 of 11 Old 07-26-2007, 10:35 AM

I know this sounds lame, but I've grown to appreciate the morning/afternoon sickness. I was that way with DS (first pregnancy), as well. It's not like I look forward to feeling sick and not wanting to eat anything but cheese (which I cannot have), but it's a matter of changing my perception. The morning sickness reminds me that I'm pregnant, and for that I am grateful.

We actually just spent 2 weeks in the mountains, and I wasn't nauseous at all (maybe it was the change in altitude?) and, while I certainly didn't *miss* feeling sick, I did miss feeling pregnant.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page