*Pregnant after a loss (PAL) July thread* - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 96 Old 07-28-2007, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks, Sarah. You are probably right - I should blame my lack of decision-making capacity on hormones. Why not- they are responsible for everything else I am feeling these days!

Alisa- Horray!!!!! Wonderful sound and sight, those fabulous little heartbeats are!!!!!!

Amanda- I have already passed my first missed due date, and that was absolutely awful. It really is hard to think about anything else other than "where we should be" in our past pregnancy(ies) sometimes. I am trying to focus on the joys of this pregnancy, day by day, and that is helping.

I think it is just too difficult for those who have not experienced the loss of a pregnancy/baby to really understand what we have been through. In their awkwardness to not make us feel badly or remind us of our loss, they too often just move on and ignore it. Thinking that might help us to forget for a while. They have no idea that we never forget - not even for a second. But how could they understand????
#92 of 96 Old 07-28-2007, 02:56 PM

jillybeans- That's great to know that everything is on track......it helps feel a little better, but I know it's still hard.

I think people in general don't know what to say when someone has died. Most people have a hard time believing that you've bonded with a baby, since they are soo new. But, I truly feel that until you've experienced it for yourself, you may never know what it's like. I know that's how I was......I had many close friends MC and always felt sad for them, but chose not to say anything out of fear. After I MC, I called all of them up and apologized for my lack of understanding. I UNDERSTOOD~

Now.......I found this really great gift that I give to people that MC and have actually started selling them myself at a discounted price. Earth Mama Angel Baby sells this incredible Pregnancy/Baby Loss Kit. Inside the kit there is a Seeds of Hope packet (organic seeds to plant in remembrance), Healing Heart Hot Pack (for comfort), Healing Heart Mist (uplifting aromatherapy), Harmony Tea (rebalancing tea for your body), and Comfort Bath Blossoms (for those nice comfot baths). I've also made up a few smaller kits with the seeds, a planter pot, and the harmony tea. I can't tell you how wonderful it has been to be able to give someone this gift. I know I would have melted away and felt sooo loved to have received it when I was going through my tough time.

Alisa
#93 of 96 Old 07-28-2007, 03:00 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention..............

So on our Ultrasound, the date was moved a bit to give me more room, since I was late last time. My midwife wanted to stretch the date as far as possible, so we went with the ultrasound date, which is March 4th. I was a week or so late with my DS, so it got me thinking last night. I lost my last baby on March 10th. I'm not sure if it would be sad or incredible to have this baby on the same date??

Alisa
#94 of 96 Old 07-29-2007, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

I personally think it's sweet alisa. Our baby is due the same day that we found out we were pregnant with Riley. When I got my first post-m/c af, I asked my Riley to send me someone special, and he not only did that, he sent me a special day too.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#95 of 96 Old 07-29-2007, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
Our baby is due the same day that we found out we were pregnant with Riley. When I got my first post-m/c af, I asked my Riley to send me someone special, and he not only did that, he sent me a special day too.
Wow, jillybeans. That's nice. What a sweet connection to the babies.

Amanda, Wife to James and Mom to Bub (11/00), Gracie (5/02), Brystol (7/09), Elleigh (3/11) and Piper (10/11).  angel1.gif  Missing our angels: Bean (12/05@6w) Ainsley (10/06@10w) Zachary (4/07@22w) Sweet Pea (8/07@9w) Twin B (12/08@8w) and Lil Bit (8/10@8w).

winner.jpgadoptionheart-1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifselectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpg

#96 of 96 Old 07-29-2007, 07:56 PM

I was sort of thinking the same thing. It's hard to think I'll be holding a baby a year after I loss one, but it's sooo incredible to know the healing that has come from this little bean....including these little reminders~

Thanks guys....I wasn't sure if I would look like a wacko for actually wanting them to be the same date

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page