Mothering Forum banner

Creative ways to tell?

606 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  FoxintheSnow 
#1 ·
We've always told DH's family in a creative way. The first time, we gave MIL a bib that said "I love my g'ma" (it was her first grandchild). The second time, Samuel wore a shirt that said "I'm gonna be a big brother" to Thanksgiving.

This time, I don't want the kids to know so the t-shirt thing is out. We're seeing them in person and will (possibly) tell them when we see them, but I'm not opposed to not telling them this weekend and mailing something. I'd thought of a sonogram picture, but I'm a pretty private person and I just don't think I want to show off my sonogram pictures attained by transvaginal ultrasound in EARLY EARLY pregnancy, KWIM? I'd also thought of boxing up some booties with a note that says "arriving late march," but I something about that doesn't feel right either. I guess I want it to really be RIGHT, because DH's family is kind of of the mindset that more than two kids is too many AND that we're financially irresponsible, so maybe if I find the perfect way to tell his "everything has to be about me" mother, it will ease the blow that we've made yet another irresponsible decision.
:

So, does anyone have any tips (besides just blowing his family off
)?

See less See more
#2 ·
When we told my mil, we went to her house and dh handed her some jarred baby food and asked if we could keep it at her house. It took her several minutes to get it lol.

A friend of mine gave her parents a fortune cookie that she slipped in a paper that said "You will be a grandparent for the second time in about 9 months" I thought that was cute.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.