I would like bead swap option #2 10 100.00%
I don't want to do this stupid swap, your poll sucks! 1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 08-08-2007, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't like the idea of doing a minimum number of items; I don't have much time to be crafty, and less time to shop - being required to do 5 things would seriously suck for me, though I could find one thing that met a minimum dollar value.
#32 of 45 Old 08-08-2007, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanaduMama View Post
I like the idea of some sort of questionnaire (are you doing CD?, is this your first baby?, eg), though it's hard to imagine how to coordinate all that. Maybe once we get "assigned" to each other, we can just exchange questionnaires with our "partner"?
We could either have a group blog on blogger, or a thread here where we post our answers, it's pretty simple either way really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJamie View Post
I don't like the idea of doing a minimum number of items; I don't have much time to be crafty, and less time to shop - being required to do 5 things would seriously suck for me, though I could find one thing that met a minimum dollar value.
Since I was the one who brought up items...what if it was either/or. Min. $20 OR 5 items, for instance? Or would that be too complicated?
#33 of 45 Old 08-08-2007, 10:00 PM

here is the swap they did for the November 07 ddc. It worked really well from what I heard (had to drop out in the middle of course)

Nov. 2nd tri swap

The basics:
Please begin by posting your needs/wants for this sweet babe within a $20 range!

At that time, please PM me with your mailing address.

Please do not clog the thread with much else other than your needs/wants.

Please post too if you have any objections to gently used ie pet allergies etc.

What's nice is that people were able to get things that a mama needed, and everything was under the price limit. And I think they posted in a thread on the ddc that they all agreed quality home-made crafty items were ok.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#34 of 45 Old 08-09-2007, 07:41 AM

As far as dollar amounts/number of items go..I would say a dollar amount is much better. Even handmade things, it should be very simple to assign a dollar amount...even if you don't actually "pay" that amount of money, time is money. I would just assign whatever the typical going rate is for handmade X item or what they would sell the item for.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#35 of 45 Old 08-09-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennnk View Post
Since I was the one who brought up items...what if it was either/or. Min. $20 OR 5 items, for instance? Or would that be too complicated?
That would be fine with me.
#36 of 45 Old 08-09-2007, 04:17 PM

I personally would rather do a Pamper Mama swap rather than the bead swap. Here is an idea that might make things compicated, but might solve the dilema.....

Have each of us fill out a questionaire or likes/dislikes, etc. Set it up like a Secret Friend and have the moderator match us up. Those that only want to spend $10 could be matched with another $10 person.....$20 for $20, etc. Those that would rather send homemade things could be matched with another homemade person. This way everyone should be getting something similar~

This way people that don't want to spend $20, don't have too~

Just an idea!

Alisa
#37 of 45 Old 08-12-2007, 05:57 PM

GREAT I already bought my dang beads.

as for a questionaire I think all you really need to do is start another post and have the dislikes/ likes listed and swap organizer matches people. and keep it short! Personally I don't want to know everything someone likes and dislikes.

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#38 of 45 Old 08-12-2007, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonapellucida View Post
GREAT I already bought my dang beads.
Save 'em! I think we're proposing to do the bead swap later, perhaps 3rd trimester (birth/labor beads).
#39 of 45 Old 08-13-2007, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

nak
sorry i have not checked in a few days, I've been really sick. Gotta love the first trimester. I will update the swap thread and link it again tonight. i think that everyone who wants to participate has had time to vote. I sadly don't think there is any way to 100% please everyone so hopefully it will work out as a compromise. Let me get the babe to bed and I'll set it up.

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#40 of 45 Old 08-13-2007, 04:39 AM

Oh man.....I really wanted to be part of the swap, but I guess I'll have to wait for 90 more posts~~ ARG!! Any ideas of how to still be included? If not, then I'll keep posting like crazy to try to catch up.

Thanks for setting it up anyways~
Alisa
#41 of 45 Old 08-13-2007, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisaparrent View Post
Oh man.....I really wanted to be part of the swap, but I guess I'll have to wait for 90 more posts~~ ARG!! Any ideas of how to still be included? If not, then I'll keep posting like crazy to try to catch up.

Thanks for setting it up anyways~
Alisa
Go join the boost your post cound thread. You can do it. Answer every question in a separate post. You have until Aug 22nd to post your questionnaire on the swap thread.

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#42 of 45 Old 08-13-2007, 05:01 PM

I like the ideas above. I don't really care about the particular rules. I will follow along with whatever.

Do you need 150 posts to get to the link?

Posting here to see how many I have and how far I have to go.
#43 of 45 Old 08-13-2007, 08:26 PM

Oh great.....you guys are going to hate me if I post like that!! hahaha They'll think I'm crazy! I guess I will......anything helps right?? Maybe I should just post my own thread with 90 messages!! hahaha

Thanks, Alisa
#44 of 45 Old 08-14-2007, 10:24 AM

I joined!!!

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#45 of 45 Old 08-14-2007, 12:05 PM

the swap sounds like fun but I hate to commit myself. it's so hot outside, I know Ill put off going to the post office.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page